Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/20/2014 1:02:51 AM EDT
Be honest!

I have and I'm not proud of it.  Not slammed as drunk but buzzed.  How about you?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:11:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think drinking and driving should be illegal. Driving while intoxicated is a different story. What is so wrong with stopping at the store and buying a beer after work and drinking it while on the way home. It is legal to drink the beer, then drive assuming you are not legally drunk. Why can't you just drink the one beer while driving home? If you never go over the legal limit there is no harm done IMO. I understand there are people that can get drunk off of one beer , but the same level of responsibility should apply if you want to drink a beer while driving as it does if you are going to drink that one beer then get behind the wheel. If the one beer will get you drunk then don't fucking do it. I know it will never be legal since there are far more dumb fucks in this country than responsible people.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:17:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think drinking and driving should be illegal. Driving while intoxicated is a different story. What is so wrong with stopping at the store and buying a beer after work and drinking it while on the way home. It is legal to drink the beer, then drive assuming you are not legally drunk. Why can't you just drink the one beer while driving home? If you never go over the legal limit there is no harm done IMO. I understand there are people that can get drunk off of one beer , but the same level of responsibility should apply if you want to drink a beer while driving as it does if you are going to drink that one beer then get behind the wheel. If the one beer will get you drunk then don't fucking do it. I know it will never be legal since there are far more dumb fucks in this country than responsible people.
View Quote

Never thought of it like that.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:19:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to now I take the train
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:20:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Only once. 10 years ago. I'm not proud of it and will never do it again. Scared the crap out of me, but an officer followed me home for about 5 miles so I guess I was keeping it together and someone was looking over me. Today I don't really drink much, but I appreciate a good, quality beer at home every once in a while.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:21:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Fuck no!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:22:53 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks to the MADD prohibitionists its now illegal to have 2 glasses of wine with dinner at a nice restaurant then drive home
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:23:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Back when I was a high school fool I did it very regularly.  Looking back now I am surprised I was never arrested or killed in an accident.  It just seems like such a bad idea now that I would never do it, hell I rarely drink when I am not at home anyway.  I just need to figure out how to get that point across to my daughter when she gets to that age.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:23:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Not these days, thanks to people like MADD.

Local High Speed, Low Drag types around here recently ticketed a guy for having an unopened beer that wasn't in a sack before he got in his car. Lord help him if he had left the parking lot.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:23:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Fuck no!
View Quote

Not saying it ain't so but not even a drink?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:24:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
thanks the MADD prohibitionists its now illegal to have 2 glasses of wine with dinner at a nice restaurant then drive home
View Quote

yup
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:24:22 AM EDT
[#11]
it has been known to happen on the farm.

not on the road so does that count?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:24:26 AM EDT
[#12]
How am I supposed to get places when I'm drinking?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:27:01 AM EDT
[#13]
No. I was twelve years old when I watched my ten year old cousin get hit and killed by a drunk driver (we were in his yard). Victimless crime and all that.    
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:28:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Nope.

I'll drink coffee or water, and occasionally gatorade... but if booze hits me in the face I don't touch my car keys.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:30:53 AM EDT
[#15]
No. Learned it the hard way.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:36:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

care to clarify?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:37:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
it has been known to happen on the farm.
not on the road so does that count?
View Quote

Considering there are cases of people getting drinking and driving tickets while mowing their lawn with a riding lawnmower, yes it counts.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:38:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Do I?  No.  Have I?  Hundreds of times.  Never got caught.  Never had a wreck.  Haven't done it in over 10 years.  Won't ever do it again.  I was very lucky.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:42:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Do I?  No.  Have I?  Hundreds of times.  Never got caught.  Never had a wreck.  Haven't done it in over 10 years.  Won't ever do it again.  I was very lucky.
View Quote

Same but more recent as to don't.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:48:55 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't drink.

When I was much younger we used to get drunk in the woods and ride quads to shuttle people back and forth. Frequently it caused more trouble than it solved, so I never had much desire to try it on roads in a car.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:56:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. I was sober in a wreck and a woman died, who knows what would have happened if I were impaired
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:03:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
thanks to the MADD prohibitionists its now illegal to have 2 glasses of wine with dinner at a nice restaurant then drive home
View Quote

Are you a 100lb girl that never drinks?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:07:07 AM EDT
[#23]
I drink a shitload during the day, Gatorade, Red Bull, and water.

Driving after that, sure.

I assume you meant drinking alcohol and driving. If I have to drive home, my rule is 2 beers or less per hour.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:08:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Nope, not worth it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:08:49 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

care to clarify?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

care to clarify?
Sure, got a DUI 8 years ago.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:09:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This. I was sober in a wreck and a woman died, who knows what would have happened if I were impaired
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you were drinking maybe you would have been driving just a bit faster or slower and the wreck wouldn't have even happened.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:10:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Not even once. Don't really drink either. Really close friend was killed a couple months after we graduated  high school by a drunk driver driving on the wrong side of the road. He hit her head on, she died before the ambulance arrived.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:10:38 AM EDT
[#28]
I used to when I was younger and dumber; I don't now though. It's way too easy to find a different (safer) ride home.

I'll drive after a beer or two, but past that- FUCK NO! I hate most people (including me) and have very little regard for them or their well-being, but I really like my new truck and I'd hate to mess it up.

GD can chastise me as they see fit, but there's the honest truth for you.... The only reason I don't drink and drive is because I don't want to dent my truck.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:11:19 AM EDT
[#29]
I will have a beer or two with dinner and drive...  but anything more than that is a no-go.

If I feel buzzed at all - there is no way I'm getting behind the wheel.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:13:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Yeah I have and I do it every now and then but I know when I've had too much and ask somebody or call for a ride home. I'm gonna get flamed for this but I really don't care, it's a fact of reality.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:14:38 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm ultra paranoid about it. If I drive to a bar, and spend two hours there, I'll have at most one beer.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:15:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Driven while not 0.00? Sure. Driven drunk? No.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:16:13 AM EDT
[#33]
No.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:16:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Just made it home from the bar But the wifey drove so I didnt she did

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:20:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Nope, I never go near a car when I have been drinking in excess of one alcoholic beverage.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:52:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:59:49 AM EDT
[#37]
No.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:39:29 AM EDT
[#38]
No, I drink at home.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:44:58 AM EDT
[#39]
NO!

I DO drink too much, I'll be the first to admit that but, I'm not going to let that fact become an issue

for some Mom who's trying to get her youngsters home some night.

I just don't want to be "That Guy".
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:54:05 AM EDT
[#40]
In my years on the job I have put out burning children entrapped in vehicles struck by drunk drivers.  I don't drive after any amount of alcohol.  

I drink plenty of booze. I just do it at home or have a plan.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:00:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Uber
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:02:44 AM EDT
[#42]
As frequently as I can. Sometimes I get so wasted I have to just pull over and sleep it off.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:08:08 AM EDT
[#43]
I don't drink, therefore I don't drink and drive. I hold a pretty dim view of drinking and driving.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:19:40 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Not these days, thanks to people like MADD.

Local High Speed, Low Drag types around here recently ticketed a guy for having an unopened beer that wasn't in a sack before he got in his car. Lord help him if he had left the parking lot.
View Quote

Under what law?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:25:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Countless times when I was a kid.

Learned my lesson on my 2nd DUI, trip through treatment, etc.

That was about 15 years ago and I have not done it since.

Seeing a friend on the victims panel kinda sucked ass as well.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:27:44 AM EDT
[#46]
No.  It's not worth losing my job over.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:27:47 AM EDT
[#47]
NOPE!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:35:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Did a lot of stupid things in my youth.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:53:51 AM EDT
[#49]
I used to when I was younger..the day the EX told me she was pregnant with our son(1st) ended me drinking for the most part..I am lucky if I drink 2-3 beers in a year now..last time I had a drink was when that son met me in vegas for his 21st b-day(he is a US Marine stationed at 29 palms...) in april of 13......How anyone can touch booze and get behind the wheel today is beyond me..the penalties if caught are so severe its not even funny.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:54:26 AM EDT
[#50]
evidently my laptop is drunk posting though....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top