BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm just here for page 2.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:59:50 AM EDT
[#2]
If I had to carry at home I think I'd move. I live in a small gated community with a significant police presence; I have a German Shepherd and an 8' fence. The most dangerous thing I've seen in the past 10 years was a 125lb Chinese deliver boy driving a Honda Civic.

When I leave the house, I carry everywhere I go.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Always at hand.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:46:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are a few threads here in gd, made fairly recently, that showed carrying at home is a good idea.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:27:56 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

He doesn't look happy in that last pic.  I'd check my boots for some doggy revenge is I were you.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:34:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

He doesn't look happy in that last pic.  I'd check my boots for some doggy revenge is I were you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I prefer to keep guns stashed around the house.

That, and I hire merkz to provide tactical over-watch . . . . some will literally work for kibble (and scratches)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10306394_10203199437378541_2916102774411404828_n.jpg?oh=861a0ec0ac78ba793d2a1d6b99d2ac22&oe=54D02A5A&__gda__=1422447948_e8d8dd4931a609a1698c93e7717b6184

My merk is also armed

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a552/beech18/2013-02-03111850_zpsff531d2b.jpg

and protected from external interference

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a552/beech18/2014-03-23192836_zps39d47e96.jpg

LOL
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I keister carry. Only unholster on the toilet.
View Quote

No shit !  
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:00:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So in addition to carrying in my house, I should carry enough medical supplies for a 4 man fire team?

Maybe once the zombies actually hit the street, but until then, there's enough stuff here to improvise until I can crawl my way to the medicine cabinet.
View Quote

This. I always get a chuckle out of all the basement dwelling neckbeards, sitting around in their ammo forts, surfing arfcom while wearing their official Costa MOLLE pajamas, and furiously masturbating over their SHTF fantasies...
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was packing while mowing my yard tonite and anytime I go outside nowadays. I live in country, and my neighbors carry also.
View Quote

I carry all day every day.  Mowing the lawn.  Gardening.  Getting the mail, etc.

Neighbors think Im a bit strange.  Dont really care.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:49:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I carry my regular CCW until it's time to get out of my street clothes and into something more comfy.  Which seems to be earlier and earlier in the day as I get older.  After that I either put the gun in a Smart Carry or just carry it around in the belt holster in my hand.  It's rarely out of arm's reach.  

I don't believe in letting my carry/HD pistol get out of my direct control unless it's locked up, I'm kind of anal about it.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:02:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I carry all day every day.  Mowing the lawn.  Gardening.  Getting the mail, etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was packing while mowing my yard tonite and anytime I go outside nowadays. I live in country, and my neighbors carry also.

You probably should care.  If something bad goes down in the neighborhood and the cops interview your neighbors they'll tell them all about how strange they think you are, the weird shit you do (and they'll embellish the truth and make shit up) and how you're heavily armed at all times.  When the cops finally come talk to you don't be shocked if they arrive in force with guns ready.  It's easy for mistakes to be made in that situation.  I used to openly carry guns in and out of the car on range day, and carry openly around the house and property, but not anymore.  Nowadays I'm always friendly to the neighbors, even if I don't like them, and I never let them see guns. Even my rifle cases don't look like rifle cases.  One bad neighbor making shit up about you can really fuck things up.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:05:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Out and about around the house? Yep. Bears are frisky sometimes and poacher/trespassers have been known to carry weapons.

In my boxers while surfing the Arfcom? Nah (unless taking pics for a shower cookie thread)
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:05:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Wife?  Kids?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I keep a gun on at all times. I have different guns for home carry than EDC.

My EDC guns are a Glock 23, or 27.

Home carry guns are the guns I carry as BUG's, my airweight .38 SW, or my PF9. Light enough they don't make my gym shorts fall off when I'm lounging at home, keeps a gun on me, and I always have a long gun in the room, as well as one of my Glocks, or 1911.

I keep my SW 686+ .357 in a cheapo Uncle Mike's thumbreak holster under my pillow, next to the glasses case I keep my glasses in at night.

The house is the most likely place you'll need your gun, assuming in public you are alert in your surroundings, and avoid situations/places a gun might need to be used.

Wife?  Kids?

Nope, live alone.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:06:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This. I always get a chuckle out of all the basement dwelling neckbeards, sitting around in their ammo forts, surfing arfcom while wearing their official Costa MOLLE pajamas, and furiously masturbating over their SHTF fantasies...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So in addition to carrying in my house, I should carry enough medical supplies for a 4 man fire team?

Maybe once the zombies actually hit the street, but until then, there's enough stuff here to improvise until I can crawl my way to the medicine cabinet.

One tourniquet, bandage, quick clot set does not serve a 4 man fire team...
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:44:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You probably should care.  If something bad goes down in the neighborhood and the cops interview your neighbors they'll tell them all about how strange they think you are, the weird shit you do (and they'll embellish the truth and make shit up) and how you're heavily armed at all times.  When the cops finally come talk to you don't be shocked if they arrive in force with guns ready.  It's easy for mistakes to be made in that situation.  I used to openly carry guns in and out of the car on range day, and carry openly around the house and property, but not anymore.  Nowadays I'm always friendly to the neighbors, even if I don't like them, and I never let them see guns. Even my rifle cases don't look like rifle cases.  One bad neighbor making shit up about you can really fuck things up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:57:54 PM EDT
[#16]

S&W no-lock 642 loaded with GoldDots in a front pocket holster, with a Speed Strip reload and my SOG folder in my back pocket.

That's my Church-carry rig, too; wore it this morning.

I don't carry EVERY day at home, but stuff is........around.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If I had to carry at home I think I'd move. I live in a small gated community with a significant police presence; I have a German Shepherd and an 8' fence. The most dangerous thing I've seen in the past 10 years was a 125lb Chinese deliver boy driving a Honda Civic.

View Quote

Yes because home invasions never happen in "nice" neighborhoods

And why would you ever need a gun at a school

Am I right?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:14:02 PM EDT
[#18]

if im wearing pants im carrying.... im not usually in pants at home.

but there is always a stick within reach
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Am I right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I right?

How insecure is your house that someone can get in without you being able to know and get to a gun?  If the first warning you have that someone is in your house is a crack/slam/loud noise and then they're immediately in, you need to work on that.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:26:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I probably asked this question before, but how many ready firearms are enough?  On active duty the military issued us arms for guard or patrol duties.  The most I carried at one time was a revolver & a GAU or an 870.  I can't remember leaving any of those around on a desk or behind a door.  The military required long guns to be within arms reach at all times.  Any side arm needed to be in its holster attached you your web belt unless you were using the latrine.  I try to keep to that standard to prevent accidents & also to keep a close eye on maintenance of the weapons.  As far as carry all the time I do.  At home it could be what I carry outside of the house, or more than likely my NAA .22 lr revolver.  Any gun is better than no gun.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have loaded pistols lying around everywhere, but don't carry because it's to uncomfortable. I'm the type that takes
off my watch, wallet, phone, etc.., the minute I walk in the door.

View Quote

That's why the fanny pack helps.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:33:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have loaded pistols lying around everywhere, but don't carry because it's to uncomfortable. I'm the type that takes

I like getting laid.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:31:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:54:48 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't carry in the house, but usually do while in the garage or doing yardwork.  In the house, I'm typically never more than 10-15 feet from a gun.

Those of you that carry in the house, do you still carry if you are drinking?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#25]
I leave a coach gun by each entrance.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#26]
OK then.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:16:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Well I dont wear pants at home so I dont and can't carry at home unless I wanted to wear a duty belt over my boxers.....

I do however have a gun on my coffee table and computer desk.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:22:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

How insecure is your house that someone can get in without you being able to know and get to a gun?  If the first warning you have that someone is in your house is a crack/slam/loud noise and then they're immediately in, you need to work on that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I right?

Shit happens.

OP:

I carry about 80% of my waking day.  The 20% is me waking up or getting ready for bed.  Course, today is different as I am sick and in my jamies.  But the USP9 is on my puter desk.  Two rifles loaded and at the ready as well.

Doing yard work, hunting, or out and about on the property I carry with a drop leg.  It is more comfortable then having a IWB or even OWB holster and fullsize pistol digging into my sides.  

Neighbors carry as well.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:25:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I don't carry in the house, but usually do while in the garage or doing yardwork.  In the house, I'm typically never more than 10-15 feet from a gun.

Those of you that carry in the house, do you still carry if you are drinking?
View Quote

My right to self defense in the home doesn't disappear when my BAC goes up, so I do keep my gun on me, unless I have company. Of course, when I have company over, I go through the house and lock up all the guns I usually keep loose. If we're going to be drinking, I have a quick access safe that my CCW goes in. If we aren't drinking, I keep my CCW on me.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#30]
I carry at home, unless I am crawling into bed.  There's a 1911 on my hip right now.  Why?  Because statistics prove that 100% of home invasions happen at home.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:26:58 PM EDT
[#31]
I hate carrying my LCP around with me as it is, when I come home from work I take a shower and put sweatpants on. I'm not not going to carry a gun around in my pocket while I sit on the couch .
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:28:07 PM EDT
[#32]
If it's not on me it's in arms reach. Hard to carry a Glock 23 in PJ bottoms
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I hate carrying my LCP around with me as it is, when I come home from work I take a shower and put sweatpants on. I'm not not going to carry a gun around in my pocket while I sit on the couch .
View Quote

Having his on him saved a members life not to long ago
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wilderness instructor belt doesn't need belt loops.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:30:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Shit happens.

OP:

I carry about 80% of my waking day.  The 20% is me waking up or getting ready for bed.  Course, today is different as I am sick and in my jamies.  But the USP9 is on my puter desk.  Two rifles loaded and at the ready as well.

Doing yard work, hunting, or out and about on the property I carry with a drop leg.  It is more comfortable then having a IWB or even OWB holster and fullsize pistol digging into my sides.  

Neighbors carry as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I right?

Shit happens.

OP:

Neighbors carry as well.

Criminals are getting smarter and smarter. As hard as you can try to keep people out, there's a criminal training just as hard to get in. It's about preparing for anything and not becoming complacent
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:31:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
People don't carry at home?
View Quote

I dont CARRY at home, but a gun is always next to me, on the desk, counter, table, etc.

I think the only time I am unarmed is walking to another room to grab something real quick.

so armed like 80% of the time at least, probably closer to 95%
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neither does my Volund belt. Hmmmmm I feel a pic thread a comin
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:37:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, 100%.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:39:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sometimes I like to leave mine on my pants, that Cobra Buckle is awesome, but I hate having to undue the buckle just to thread it through my belt loops.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Some of you guys

Stop jerking off to your Rambo, home intruder, SHTF, fantasies for five minutes and come up for air.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#41]
I don't.

Last two places I lived I was normally armed when home, gun in my rollaway in the garage when I was out there, gun under the headboard, another in the nightstand when in bed. Had a couple of "run ins" with some shady people coming onto my property unannounced and unwelcome. Proximity and possibly reputation being the cause (house was on a busy street and from what I gather the previous occupant has some drug involvement).

Here, shoot, I think it has been a few weeks since ANY of my guns came out of the safe and that was because the cops were looking for an ADW suspect a few blocks over.
Was months before that since any guns were out. Pretty much been relegated to poser status as far as guns go.

Yeah, I know, false sense of security and all that. Just don't feel the need to, combined with the nieces and nephew being over more, state ban on OC, etc.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

My merk is also armed

<a href="http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/beech18/media/2013-02-03111850_zpsff531d2b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a552/beech18/2013-02-03111850_zpsff531d2b.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/beech18/media/2014-03-23192836_zps39d47e96.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a552/beech18/2014-03-23192836_zps39d47e96.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That, and I hire merkz to provide tactical over-watch . . . . some will literally work for kibble (and scratches)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10306394_10203199437378541_2916102774411404828_n.jpg?oh=861a0ec0ac78ba793d2a1d6b99d2ac22&oe=54D02A5A&__gda__=1422447948_e8d8dd4931a609a1698c93e7717b6184

My merk is also armed

<a href="http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/beech18/media/2013-02-03111850_zpsff531d2b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a552/beech18/2013-02-03111850_zpsff531d2b.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/beech18/media/2014-03-23192836_zps39d47e96.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a552/beech18/2014-03-23192836_zps39d47e96.jpg</a>

Bro, it looks like the ergo grip on your AR in the top left is broken.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:58:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Criminals are getting smarter and smarter. As hard as you can try to keep people out, there's a criminal training just as hard to get in. It's about preparing for anything and not becoming complacent
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I right?

Shit happens.

OP:

Neighbors carry as well.

That's a concern when you're away from home, definitely.  At home, inside?  Having a hard time coming up with a scenario where a criminal can just appear in your home without warning that couldn't be solved with better security.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:04:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Some of you guys

Stop jerking off to your Rambo, home intruder, SHTF, fantasies for five minutes and come up for air.
View Quote

Some of us might have lived through something that makes us more comfortable having a gun at all times when home.

It's not always a jerk off fantasy, for me, it's a way I've empowered myself to not experience that again. I don't live in fear, and I'm not on edge at all times any more. I know now that if something happens, I am ready to protect myself, and not become a victim again.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
That's a concern when you're away from home, definitely.  At home, inside?  Having a hard time coming up with a scenario where a criminal can just appear in your home without warning that couldn't be solved with better security.
View Quote

Rental property where what the management allows you to install is a big one as far as home security.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:10:24 PM EDT
[#47]
LCP in my pocket 24/7. G19 or 26 on hip while working. 870 and AR close by. 4 dogs. Mean wife. Bring it ISIS.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:12:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Some of us might have lived through something that makes us more comfortable having a gun at all times when home.

It's not always a jerk off fantasy, for me, it's a way I've empowered myself to not experience that again. I don't live in fear, and I'm not on edge at all times any more. I know now that if something happens, I am ready to protect myself, and not become a victim again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some of you guys

There is a difference from "having a gun at all times" and some of the other jerking off going on here.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:15:13 PM EDT
[#49]
I usually have a rifle or two out when I am home and a pistol nearby.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Happens frequently actually. Security only gets you so far if your complacent
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top