Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2014 11:05:19 PM EDT
What website do you use? Do i need a contact lense prescription from the optometrist? or can i just refill using my old box of contacts (the contact lens info is on the box).

Does insurance usually cover  if bought online versus at a physical store?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:08:25 PM EDT
[#1]
same place you get hard on pills

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:09:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure about all the details, but I know the major sites all require a fairly recent copy of your rx from your optometrist.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:13:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I get mine from 1-800-Contacts. Decent prices and fast shipping, but you need a script.

I just go to Walmart once a year for an exam. Good idea anyway if you wear contacts.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:15:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I get mine from 1-800-Contacts. Decent prices and fast shipping, but you need a script.

I just go to Walmart once a year for an exam. Good idea anyway if you wear contacts.
View Quote
This.  I think Walmart direct was beating out 1-800-Contacts the last time I ordered, but have gotten good service from both.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:15:39 PM EDT
[#5]
1-800-Contacts
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:17:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This.  I think Walmart direct was beating out 1-800-Contacts the last time I ordered, but have gotten good service from both.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last I heard Wal-Mart had partnered with1-800 Contacts.

Edit, I was wrong.

Walmart and 1-800 Contacts mutually decided to end our business relationship effective January 1, 2013. Our customers trust us to provide a broad assortment of products at everyday low prices, and we approach every business decision through this lens.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:21:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Vision Direct has the cheapest prices for my brand, they send me a 20% off and free shipping coupons almost every week, its way cheaper than any price my eye doctor can get me. As far as a prescription goes they don't require a scanned copy, you just fill in the info and the doctor's name and number, I doubt they check it, just put in a local optometrist and his number.

you can get 25% off and free ship right now with your first order
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:24:35 PM EDT
[#8]
do i really need a script from the eye doctor?  i have the power and base curve info on my old contact lense box.  It looks like i can just go to 1800contacts.com for example and select the power and BC and checkout for purchase?  Where  in the ordering process do i need a written doctors prescription?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:31:19 PM EDT
[#9]
It states in the FAQ you need a valid script.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:31:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Vision Direct has the cheapest prices for my brand, they send me a 20% off and free shipping coupons almost every week, its way cheaper than any price my eye doctor can get me. As far as a prescription goes they don't require a scanned copy, you just fill in the info and the doctor's name and number, I doubt they check it, just put in a local optometrist and his number.

you can get 25% off and free ship right now with your first order
View Quote
+1.  In terms of price and convenience, Vision Direct beats 1800 contacts hands down.  Wait until Vision Direct sends out one of their monthly "20% off" with free shipping offers and you're golden.  

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:38:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
do i really need a script from the eye doctor?  i have the power and base curve info on my old contact lense box.  It looks like i can just go to 1800contacts.com for example and select the power and BC and checkout for purchase?  Where  in the ordering process do i need a written doctors prescription?
View Quote

You do not need a prescription to order from http://www.1-save-on-lens.com/

Just choose your brand and enter your info and you are gtg.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:46:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Former 1-800-Contacts customer here.

They are a fucking rip off these days. Highest prices around.

I now buy from http://www.contactlensking.com/
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:57:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I had no idea that under federal law the optometrist must give you a copy of your prescription even if you don't ask at the end of your fitting.

Am I the only person who never got one, has had to ask for it, and it took days?
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:51:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I had no idea that under federal law the optometrist must give you a copy of your prescription even if you don't ask at the end of your fitting.

Am I the only person who never got one, has had to ask for it, and it took days?
View Quote

ive never gotten a copy either.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:53:17 AM EDT
[#15]
A few weeks ago Walgreens was cheapest for my lenses. Many places will call the optometrist to verify Rx. Walgreens did when my wife ordered online.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:54:37 AM EDT
[#16]
I order from www.discountcontactlenses.com but again you need a current script.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top