Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:36:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Animals need to be put down.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Agreed, after helping do some of the framing on two homes, and seeing the... people... that were going to be living in them afterward, I lost a LOT of faith in that program.  

Motherfucker can't afford to pay rent, but he sure has a nice caddy and some brand new Air Jordans with the fucking tags still on them.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"The family said they hope the community can donate a better home for Soilberry and her children, and help her find a job. They would also like someone to help pay her $5,000 bond, so she can get out of jail, and mourn her child’s death.”

It's quotes like that, that stop me from doing Habitat for Humanity and such things. I just feel I'd be taken advantage of.

Habitat for Humanity should be rebranded as SLUMS R US.

Agreed, after helping do some of the framing on two homes, and seeing the... people... that were going to be living in them afterward, I lost a LOT of faith in that program.  

Motherfucker can't afford to pay rent, but he sure has a nice caddy and some brand new Air Jordans with the fucking tags still on them.

to say nothing about never putting money aside and building up a credit rating. Can't buy a house, poor baby, made fucking bad decisions and knocked up a couple baby momma not your fault, let's give you a house to make you feel better.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm still unsure about how "filth" kills someone.

I would like to know the specific cause of death. People live in filth all the time and don't die from it. There is more to the story.
View Quote

"Infection" would be my first guess, either respiratory, or an infected injury. Next would be foodborne illness from filthy storage/cooking areas.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:44:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I would like to know the specific cause of death. People live in filth all the time and don't die from it. There is more to the story.
View Quote

Apparently they haven't charged her in the death of the child, they've only charged her with neglect/endangerment of her existing children.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Yet another entry in the "Don't tell me, let me guess" category.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Is her last name really Soilberry? Holy shit. That's like dingleberry or something.

It would be funny as fuck if she wasn't a piece of shit that needed flushing.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:57:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A complete disconnect between cause and effect in some cultures.
View Quote

Why not?  If you were raised to believe that everything bad that happens in your life, even if you are the direct cause of it, is someone else's fault and that they owe you because of it...well why would you want to take that long hard look in the mirror and realize your surroundings are a product of your choices?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:14:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am kind of there as well.  Would like to see pics of the filth as well.  Unless there was fecal material everywhere or something...
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:15:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm thinking pneumonia.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:30:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Here's a crazy idea. If you're unemployed and have no income then don't have four kids! Or at least put them up for adoption to someone who can and will raise them properly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
“She’s not employed. She don’t have no income.”

Here's a crazy idea. If you're unemployed and have no income then don't have four kids! Or at least put them up for adoption to someone who can and will raise them properly.

The root of the problem is the government's programs that reward this behavior.  Its subsidized breeding when you look at it.  The people have more and more kids because it equals more money coming in with every child, and tax advantages which equals more income even with menial jobs.  They are rewarded by this money and think it's owed to them.  They dont see it as most normal people.  Heck we want another child but the day care costs along with some other stuff just aren't possible at this moment so we wait.  People like this know they have a safety net, someone will give them money for another kid and pay the kids's way.  There is no way they can not fail.  

The other part of the problem is the mindset of "good enough".  Most of these people don't care to better their lives or make something better.  They are told that they are unable to better themselves or do better from the start in a lot of these cases.  Why try when you won't get it is drilled into a lot of these people's heads.  Some of the people I see who live in squalor dont care to do anything but keep on living in squalor.  Ghetto ass nasty apartments and unsafe environments for kids, no big deal.  Roaches and no food in the house, no big deal.  Tax return season comes around, guess what gets bought, new Nikes and a 70" LCD screen.  So they'd rather have that then buying a years worth of diapers and Sams formula for their kid.  Shitty parenting telling them this is the outcome for them in life and they were doomed to start, an environment where this is normal behavior that they saw growing up, and because they know some govt agency will buy them basics.  

This obviously isnt the case across the board but its a lot more than people think it is.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Imagine, the house of someone named "Soilberry being dirty. Shocker.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:16:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I are sickatated.
Actually was in a store the other day, and 'folks' in front of me seemed like what the OP is all about.
Talking about how their kids can't make ends meet, and, are going to have to have more kids, to get more money.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:55:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I think offensive names given to children should be banned... or at least not legally recognized.

If you go to a government office and demand your child be named "Cum dumpster" (I bet it's happened in Ghetto-land), the government should tell you to go get fucked... not process it. I am a libertarian... and I know that might ruffle feathers with some libertarians, but I don't think it actually violates your rights. The government not recognizing something doesn't necessarily violate your rights. You're still free to call your child whatever you want in your home... but you have no real right to force the rest of society to assist you in the dehumanization of your child, by referring to your child in such offensive language.

You may have a right to refer to your child as "Dingleberry"... but you shouldn't be allowed to force the rest of society to recognize her with that name. It's unfair to the child. When the child hits the age of majority, if he she likes being called "Dingleberry" THEN he-she can be named that. Children have no choice in how they are named... I take no issue with the government turning away truly offensive and abusive name submissions for children. Children should be treated with dignity.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:09:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:11:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Holy hell
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:18:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The root of the problem is the government's programs that reward this behavior.  Its subsidized breeding when you look at it.  The people have more and more kids because it equals more money coming in with every child, and tax advantages which equals more income even with menial jobs.  They are rewarded by this money and think it's owed to them.  They dont see it as most normal people.  Heck we want another child but the day care costs along with some other stuff just aren't possible at this moment so we wait.  People like this know they have a safety net, someone will give them money for another kid and pay the kids's way.  There is no way they can not fail.  

The other part of the problem is the mindset of "good enough".  Most of these people don't care to better their lives or make something better.  They are told that they are unable to better themselves or do better from the start in a lot of these cases.  Why try when you won't get it is drilled into a lot of these people's heads.  Some of the people I see who live in squalor dont care to do anything but keep on living in squalor.  Ghetto ass nasty apartments and unsafe environments for kids, no big deal.  Roaches and no food in the house, no big deal.  Tax return season comes around, guess what gets bought, new Nikes and a 70" LCD screen.  So they'd rather have that then buying a years worth of diapers and Sams formula for their kid.  Shitty parenting telling them this is the outcome for them in life and they were doomed to start, an environment where this is normal behavior that they saw growing up, and because they know some govt agency will buy them basics.  

This obviously isnt the case across the board but its a lot more than people think it is.
View Quote

Their friends will say, "Why YOU acting so superior and white?  The Govt owes us."

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:24:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:25:06 PM EDT
[#18]

The animal on her shirt has more life in its eyes than her.  If that was a cartoon, you'd expect her to be moaning "BRAAAAINS!" in a speech bubble by her head.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:34:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The animal on her shirt has more life in its eyes than her.  If that was a cartoon, you'd expect her to be moaning "BRAAAAINS!" in a speech bubble by her head.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

is that the baby in the bottom left hand corner?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:39:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Albany, Ga....why am I not surprised?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:40:32 PM EDT
[#21]
RIP kid.

But a filthy home and a name like "Soilberry"? You can't make stuff like this up.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:43:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Police in Albany, Georgia have determined that the house in which a 6-month-old boy died of “natural causes” was so filthy, it was criminal.

Police have arrested Tessa Soilberry, the mother of 6-month-old Kingston, who was found dead at the home on Thursday, and charged her with five counts of reckless conduct.

The coroner ruled the 6-month-old boy’s death to be from “natural causes.” When investigators examined the home, they charged Soilberry with endangering her son’s life.

http://defund.com/6-month-old-dies-because-of-homes-horrifically-filthy-condition-family-wants-public-to-donate-new-home/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

http://defund.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/tessa-soilberry-770x348.jpg
View Quote
Obama is and enabler!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:51:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Their friends will say, "Why YOU acting so superior and white?  The Govt owes us."

Aloha, Mark
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aloha, Mark

Trust me, through my job I hear it already on a regular basis.

Funny side note my mom got into counseling as a mid life career change.  She didn't believe me when I told her what she had in store while doing work on the welfare/assistance side during her training and college.  Then she did it and her tune changed on what exactly the scheme is thats being played.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top