Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 9/18/2014 5:15:14 PM EDT
http://reason.com/blog/2014/09/18/anne-coulter-wants-to-drown-libertarians

If you are considering voting for the Libertarian candidate in any Senate election, please send me your name and address so I can track you down and drown you.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Dear Ann

Go fuck yourself
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:18:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I like Ann.  She's feisty.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#3]
You honestly believe that she was serious?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm a libertarian. I'm voting straight R. I will continue to vote straight R until the libertarian party has enough support to win elections (within reason. If it was between Hilary and Christie, I would just drink on election day). I don't support the drowning of libertarians that don't vote straight R.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe she is only going to drown the Liberal-tarians.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:21:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#7]
It's just political rhetoric, motivated by the frustration of vote splitting candidates giving the election to the Dems.  

TL;DR  My panties aren't bunched.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:22:25 PM EDT
[#8]
LOL
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#9]
'Dat Adam's Apple . . .
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:22:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

She calls 'em like she sees 'em, that's for sure; and she may well be onto something with this one.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I see skelator is still trying to remain relevant. How many times has she bemoaned liberals for saying stupid shit like that?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Being drowned by Ann Coulter? I can think of worse ways to spend a day.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:23:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Anybody got a "that's my fetish" meme handy?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:23:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I'm a libertarian. I'm voting straight R. I will continue to vote straight R until the libertarian party has enough support to win elections (within reason. If it was between Hilary and Christie, I would just drink on election day). I don't support the drowning of libertarians that don't vote straight R.

View Quote

How will libertarians get support if you continue to vote straight R?

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Dear Ann

Go fuck yourself
View Quote

Remember when she was telling us we needed to vote for Christie?

She's smart and stuff.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Bring it on, cunt.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:25:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

She calls 'em like she sees 'em, that's for sure; and she may well be onto something with this one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, belittling and threatening (even tongue in cheek) a portion of your base that has been largely ignored by the party certainly seems like a good strategy.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Wasn't she fellating Christie a few years ago?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's just political rhetoric, motivated by the frustration of vote splitting candidates giving the election to the Dems.  

TL;DR  My panties aren't bunched.
View Quote

motivated by the desire to earn a living writing about politics
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:25:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Come on Ann, let's fuck 'em right in the pussies.

ETA: I'm actually a Libertarian(except on foreign policy) but it's crazy to vote on principle while the world burns. Pick the lesser of two evils, ffs. Our guy usually has no chance and you are wasting a much needed vote. Might as well be voting Dem, which takes a special kind of dumb ass.

Think of it as a realist thought experiment. You have two boxes.

Box 1 says: Republicans Win!!!

Box 2 says: Democrats Win OR Republicans Win!!!

Why the fuck are you picking box 2?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#21]
What's her screen name?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

You honestly believe that she was serious?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Don't we already have a Page 1 "All Libertarians must vote Republican" thread?

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:28:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What's her screen name?
View Quote

trcrpe
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If more Libertarians are put in to local and municipal postings and people don't see the world burn, the party may well gain acceptance.   It is a process that will take awhile.  Right now it's not realistic in a major election, unless you want to say "I didn't vote for either of 'em.  Bob Barr woulda been great!"
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#26]
It is interesting... Reading the article... They blame Republicans for an awful, awful lot...

It is almost like they want to blame Republicans for the damage that Obama has done...

Republicans *have* held an insignificant "majority" in the House.

But Democrats have held the Senate, and Democrats have held the White House...

The truth... With the miniscule majority in the House, Republicans have shut-down Obama's government, and have prevented any *national* gun-bans from moving-forward.

Yes, the slim majority of Republicans *have* accomplished a great deal, considering the circumstances...

I don't want to hurt any sit-on-the-sidelines-and-complain so-called "libertarians."

But between the Republicans and the Democrats... Democrats are the ones promoting restrictions to gun rights, and nationalized health care... On a wholesale party basis...
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#28]

I don't see a link.

Anybody have her e-mail address?

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Stupid bitch.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Ann Coulter wants the address of Chris Christy so she can stick her tongue up his ass some more.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:33:15 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's not my concern. My concern is getting fucked as little as possible by the person that wins. In the meantime, voting for a libertarian candidate that decidedly won't win regardless is a waste of my vote, and therefore begging to be fucked. I'm not losing rights to save my pride.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:33:28 PM EDT
[#32]
ha ha ha ha
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:34:15 PM EDT
[#33]
I welcome her to try
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:34:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Apparently math is hard for her.

She should be far more worried about all the Republicans that didn't bother to vote at all.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:35:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yes, belittling and threatening (even tongue in cheek) a portion of your base that has been largely ignored by the party certainly seems like a good strategy.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ann's shtick is to toss a grenade in the room and see what happens.  If you take everything she does seriously you're doing it wrong.   There are dozens of talking heads doing the same thing every day on every network on cable.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:37:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Oh please if she were a liberal saying this shit about conservatives, you people would be losing your fucking minds. But its just a joke now so no biggy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:38:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Oh please if she were a liberal saying this shit about conservatives, you people would be losing your fucking minds. But its just a joke now so no biggy.
View Quote

the way I see it, if she comes at me, I can just beat her to death with her own giant hands.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Hyperbole, It's part of what she's known for.
View Quote

Yep.

It's her schtick. Simmer down, dudes.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Ann's shtick is to toss a grenade in the room and see what happens.  If you take everything she does seriously you're doing it wrong.   There are dozens of talking heads doing the same thing every day on every network on cable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm aware.  It's just tiresome.

The less astute probably haven't noticed that this was addressed to conservatives as well.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

She should be far more worried about all the Republicans that didn't bother to vote at all.

View Quote

Exactly. It wasn't Libertarians that kept the GOP from wining in 2012. It was the GOP. Republicans are fond of blaming Libertarians for their woes, but the facts just don't bear this up. After the last presidential election, there was a breakdown of all the swing states and even if every vote that went to the Libertarian candidate was added to the Republicans (which is stupid to assume since a lot of Libertarians come from the liberal side, not the conservative side) it wouldn't have changed the outcome a bit.

The GOP is its own worst enemy. They will keep losing until they realize that and change their ways. Blaming Libertarians is just as stupid as the morons that blame murders on guns.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'm sorry, but my steak restaurant is serving shitty seafood.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:43:20 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote
HOLY SHIT, someone gets it!

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:44:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Hyperbole, It's part of what she's known for.

Personally, I will try to promote my interests during the primary season, hopefully to influence as many candidates as possible to move in my direction.  I will vote/work/contribute in the primary for the candidate that most closely reflects my views.

In the General election, I will vote for the most conservative (or libertarian) candidate that has a realistic shot at winning-- hopefully my candidate, but if not, then I won't pick up my ball, go home, and sulk.

Anything else is handing the election to a candidate that very likely reflects your views far less than you would be happy with should they win.

View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Dear Anne,

If you want libertarians to vote for Republicans, how about giving libertarians some reason to do so besides, "Oh no, Democrats!".  If Republicans started including libertarian principles in their campaign strategies - principles that used to be Republican, such as small government - maybe libertarians would feel able to vote for Republicans without feeling dirty for doing so...
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
the way I see it, if she comes at me, I can just beat her to death with her own giant hands.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Sure, I will take political advice from a republican who once dated Andrew Stein.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#49]
I no longer hate Ann Coulter!

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#50]
I'll let her attempt but she has to be naked
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top