BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:53:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Permission slip to buy a pistol; yep, nanny state.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Found a map of the US according to Southerners.
Red= the south

White= New York

Did I get this correct?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a1/Map_of_USA_highlighting_South.png

Oh and Page 3 is owned by war winners

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A lot of the complaining about Yankees on this board sounds suspiciously like Rev Sharpton blaming whitey for everything

Red= the south

White= New York

Did I get this correct?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a1/Map_of_USA_highlighting_South.png

You just need a side-by-side map of the same highlighted areas, but colored in Green, with the key "states whose every minor problem is because of Yankee's"
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I just looked up this "Moose Butler" sheriff guy. Looks like a dipshit. He'll probably keel over soon; he's in his mid 70s and appears to be morbidly obese.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:57:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Permission slip to buy a pistol; yep, nanny state.

This

Wrong

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:01:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Going by you second link the difference between them in overall tax rate 0.21%
ie: 1/5 of 1 percent

NC= 6.90%
OH= 7.11%

Hardly what I would consider "much" lower as you stated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sales taxes on groceries.

Pistol permits to even LOOK at one.

Screwy alcohol laws. They are better than 1980 when I was first stationed there though.

Odd laws about incorporating a town. Two counties have no incorporated towns. Currituck and Pamlico.

High taxes

That is not even remotely true
A quick google search shows they are much lower than OH
Here
Here

It's not a perfect conservative utopia; but we are making progress after decades of Dem rule

Going by you second link the difference between them in overall tax rate 0.21%
ie: 1/5 of 1 percent

NC= 6.90%
OH= 7.11%

Hardly what I would consider "much" lower as you stated.

It's not a huge difference, but they're definitely lower than OH's.  Cost of living is also lower down here.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Maryland and Delaware are not "The South." West Virginia is debatable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A lot of the complaining about Yankees on this board sounds suspiciously like Rev Sharpton blaming whitey for everything

Red= the south

White= New York

Did I get this correct?

Maryland and Delaware are not "The South." West Virginia is debatable.

W. Virginia is NOT the South.

"West Virginia was a part of Virginia until after the Civil War started, so technically at the start of the war what would become West Virginia was in the Confederacy.

However, West Virginia separated itself form Virginia to join the Union as a free state, so West Virginia was aligned with the North after it came to exist as a separate political entity from Virginia."

http://www.answers.com/Q/Was_West_Virginia_in_the_Confederacy_or_not
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:04:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

We already established parts of Charleston are nice, but once your outside the city limits.. Holy shit

Also I hate dealing with South Carolina cops.. Shady as hell and always want to write revenue tickets to North Carolina folks passing through . Only ticket I've ever gotten was I. South Carolina doing the same speed as everyone else ...white mustang pulled my black mustang over..guy was a huge fag and didn't even know the law
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every town In South Carolina looks like an episode of the walking dead is being filmed there and rebar randomly grows out of the random shitty unkempt roads. At least North Carolina recovered from Sherman's march through ..

I went into Cheraw a few weeks ago and everyone was aimlessly walking around looking lost and high. The highest concentration of population was at the Tigermart where people were all buying maddog 20/20 to drink with a side of funions. Every other house had moss growing on it and the windows boarded up.

http://media.giphy.com/media/5ZosQz0wbTcCA/giphy.gif

Y'all are judging SC based on Cheraw?  Do you want me to judge NC based on some of the inbred E. NC towns I have visited?  

I have lived in both NC and SC.  SC is just better IMO, in every single way. NC is pretty nice though overall.

We already established parts of Charleston are nice, but once your outside the city limits.. Holy shit

Also I hate dealing with South Carolina cops.. Shady as hell and always want to write revenue tickets to North Carolina folks passing through . Only ticket I've ever gotten was I. South Carolina doing the same speed as everyone else ...white mustang pulled my black mustang over..guy was a huge fag and didn't even know the law

Greenville is a very nice city as is the whole upstate overall.  I prefer the Upstate of SC over any other part.  The no man's land between Columbia and the Coast is the worst part of the state.  That belt continues up into NC so we have that in common.

Having lived in both, NC cops are much more strict.  I got pulled for less than 10mph on the interstate twice.  Hell, the short time I lived there, I was pulled over 5 times.  SC Troopers will generally not even look at you until you are 15 over.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#8]
A lot of you Southerners take shit too personally.  I'm nitpicking little shit (though the pistol purchase thing isn't), while saying I enjoy it here, and there's so many tears.......just so many tears.  

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

ETA: I'm a Charlotte native... we don't hang out downtown. that's a tourist trap for Yankees to spend money at and feel special , Charlotte is full of awesome bars, districts and micro breweries that are not in the heart of downtown . Try Noda, Plaza , South end , dilworth , Montford, Thomas street
View Quote
Beef and Bottle rules.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:04:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
There is no such law in NC as what you posted in red .
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Screwy alcohol laws. They are better than 1980 when I was first stationed there though.

Odd laws about incorporating a town. Two counties have no incorporated towns. Currituck and Pamlico.

High taxes

I know at least one FFL that requires that (really).

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:06:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I just recently moved from DC area(VA) back to Charlotte NC....Last time I was here I guess I didnt pay much attention to how much of a fucking nanny state this is. It dawned on me last night when I was at a club for a friends birthday party, we order several thousand dollars worth of drink, and guesss what...Cant pour your own drinks....LOL, completely forgot about that one.

NC's Nanny Bullshit

-Cant pour your own drinks...which means you are at the mercy of the worlds most retarded people...club/nightlife workers.

-Cant get red meat cooked under medium...Thats right...My favorite steak house(Chima) cant serve me my favorite dish the way I want it, and the way it was meant to be enjoyed, medium rare.

-Need a pistol purchasing permit(if you do not have a resident CCW) Just fucking horrendous law, I mean WTF, this is supposed to be Da Souf'?

Not to mention the gun prices in my local area a fucking ridiculous too, one good thing, seems like everyone stocks my favorite CZ pistols...Too bad all this has me thinking, maybe I will just go become an SC resident soon, Fuck the BS here in NC.
View Quote

I order rare steak all the time.

Hamburger or any ground meat is supposed to be cooked 'medium' (that's because of e.coli).

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:09:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Most gun laws are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

IIRC, the handgun sign-off law is a hold over from the Jim Crow days.

Most gun laws are.

This is truth.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:44:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

High taxes

Then you need to find another FFL because it is not state law
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:35:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

High taxes

Looking at it from the POV of a person who is there to make money, not provide a service, requiring a purchase permit in hand means there is the possibility of a sale, while time spent with someone who can not buy that day is pretty much wasted time

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:43:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

High taxes

I know one.  I don't use him (I wouldn;t buy water from him if I was dying of thirst)..  The point is that there are FFLs that require it, regardless of whether or not it is state law.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:11:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This is truth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most gun laws are.

This is truth.

This is what I just don't understand. For four pages of this thread, the defense for the permission form to buy a pistol is "it's a Jim Crow law." How is that a defense? How does that make everything all right?
It's an old law that's been around for years, was designed to keep the poor black man and poor black woman down, and we've just become accustomed to it.
I'm honestly not trying to stir up trouble here, but I just can't fathom how this is so easily written off, or at least it seems like it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:33:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This is what I just don't understand. For four pages of this thread, the defense for the permission form to buy a pistol is "it's a Jim Crow law." How is that a defense? How does that make everything all right?
It's an old law that's been around for years, was designed to keep the poor black man and poor black woman down, and we've just become accustomed to it.
I'm honestly not trying to stir up trouble here, but I just can't fathom how this is so easily written off, or at least it seems like it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most gun laws are.

This is truth.

For most people who are firearms enthusiasts it really doesn't matter to them. They have a cwp and that means they don't have to deal with the purchase permit.
Up until a couple of years ago dems had control and relaxing gun laws wasn't on the agenda.  In the last couple of years they have improved greatly. Getting rid of the purchase permit was on the agenda but didn't make it. I'm glad they pushed getting rid of prohibited places in regards to concealed carry instead of the purchase permit.   Hopefully it will be dealt  with in upcoming legislative sessions.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:44:45 PM EDT
[#18]
^ For residents of the Tarheel state, I hope so.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:45:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've been here for about 6 months now. Whenever I was stationed in other states, I never found myself doing much comparing of laws (unless if I considered them "better") to Ohio, like I do here.

There's just some silly shit here that grabs my attention a little. Now, the mandated motorcycle helmet law (but what I read online doesn't appear to have mandated eye protection, unless if I read wrong ) is seemingly minor, but I consider that a pretty Nanny law. But the big one is the requirement to get signed off permission to purchase a handgun (unless if you have a CHL). Additionally, there are some road rules/signs/dynamics that make me feel like the state is holding my hand while driving. There are raised concrete medians freaking everywhere. I'm constantly having to drive up 1-2 blocks so I can turn around, rather than being able to just take a left when I need to. Then there are the way the traffic lights work. In OH, most traffic lights will start off with the green arrow for those turning left, then it will turn to solid green while the drivers going straight are allowed to go, with those turning left still being able to turn albeit in a yield status. Here, the arrow turns green for no shit 3 seconds at some intersections, 4 cars get through, and then you have to wait until the next cycle. It's like NC doesn't trust drivers to yield when making a left at an intersection.

Overall, I really like it here. The people are super friendly, unlike in the North. But I just constantly feel like I'm being nannied and am not trustworthy.
View Quote

Well, they are part of the south....
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:46:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

For most people who are firearms enthusiasts it really doesn't matter to them. They have a cwp and that means they don't have to deal with the purchase permit.
Up until a couple of years ago dems had control and relaxing gun laws wasn't on the agenda.  In the last couple of years they have improved greatly. Getting rid of the purchase permit was on the agenda but didn't make it. I'm glad they pushed getting rid of prohibited places in regards to concealed carry instead of the purchase permit.   Hopefully it will be dealt  with in upcoming legislative sessions.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most gun laws are.

This is truth.

There is no such thing in NC as a CWP(concealed weapons permit) however we do have a CHP( Concealed Handgun permit) which only applies to handguns. That being said you are right that having a NC issued CHP means you can bypass the purchase permit and the NICS background check.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

High taxes

Of course it's not state law. That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read in GD.  

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#22]
please stop moving here! and if you live here and don't like it, please move away....please
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Things are getting better all the time here in NC.

The future here is bright!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:20:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
please stop moving here! and if you live here and don't like it, please move away....please
View Quote

A.  

B.  You cannot read

Edit:

C.  13'er
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, I know it borders a nanny state...
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#26]
They're rivaling VA with shitty traffic laws too.

Drive 15 over the limit or faster than 75? Reckless driving
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
They're rivaling VA with shitty traffic laws too.

Drive 15 over the limit or faster than 75? Reckless driving
View Quote

Stupid law right , I was just wrestling with him..I didn't mean to break his jaw (logic) . Nothing reckless about breaking a blatant law posted in big ass numbers  on the side of the road
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#28]
For all the years I lived there, yes, yes indeed is NC at minimum a borderline nanny state with aspirations to go full retard.  They're turning into NY State, only they don't talk about "upstate" and yogurt as much.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:00:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
For all the years I lived there, yes, yes indeed is NC at minimum a borderline nanny state with aspirations to go full retard.  They're turning into NY State, only they don't talk about "upstate" and yogurt as much.
View Quote

Yeah...we've lowered income taxes, got rid of the state earned income tax credit, had pro gun bills passed, and also had firearms manufacturers move here in the past couple of years........just like NY

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Apparently in NC it is mandated to give your shot records or you're kicked out of school.  I have until the 30th to comply.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:56:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I just recently moved from DC area(VA) back to Charlotte NC....Last time I was here I guess I didnt pay much attention to how much of a fucking nanny state this is. It dawned on me last night when I was at a club for a friends birthday party, we order several thousand dollars worth of drink, and guesss what...Cant pour your own drinks....LOL, completely forgot about that one.

NC's Nanny Bullshit

-Cant pour your own drinks...which means you are at the mercy of the worlds most retarded people...club/nightlife workers.
-Cant get red meat cooked under medium...Thats right...My favorite steak house(Chima) cant serve me my favorite dish the way I want it, and the way it was meant to be enjoyed, medium rare.
-Need a pistol purchasing permit(if you do not have a resident CCW) Just fucking horrendous law, I mean WTF, this is supposed to be Da Souf'?

Not to mention the gun prices in my local area a fucking ridiculous too, one good thing, seems like everyone stocks my favorite CZ pistols...Too bad all this has me thinking, maybe I will just go become an SC resident soon, Fuck the BS here in NC.
View Quote

That's funny, I just had a rare steak last night.  As far as the gun prices go, stay the fuck out of Hyatt's or anyone other shop in Charlotte for that matter.  You need to head west about 45 mi Tues if you want a deal.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:04:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
North Carolina is run by a bunch of UNC CH graduates. That should tell you everything you need to know. Corrupt liberals.
View Quote

Be careful painting with that broad brush. Not all of us were programmed besides I've had my fair share of idiot Clemson and USC grads that were as bad.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:48:53 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Be careful painting with that broad brush. Not all of us were programmed besides I've had my fair share of idiot Clemson and USC grads that were as bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

North Carolina is run by a bunch of UNC CH graduates. That should tell you everything you need to know. Corrupt liberals.

Well, you're right about the Gamecocks.

Clemson '76
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:57:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Everyone I know from NC is a raging liberal.  Anything north of I-10 is Yankee.

NC is a nannystate.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:00:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This is truth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most gun laws are.

This is truth.

Absolutely.

I was in NC last fall.  Beautiful state, wouldn't mind living there.  Still have some (very) extended family in the Rowan County area.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:00:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

.. That's the epicenter bro.. And you can't pour your drinks because they want the sluts pouring your drinks to tip out. That's not a state policy that is a club trying to make money policy . Maybe you were at label .. I have a solution . Hang out at a bar . Your several thousand dollars worth of drinks is of no concern to these clubs when panthers players regularly drop multi K in them.. Your not important to them

I just had a steak cooked for me medium rare for lunch an hour ago . Once again these are high end places downtown at the centrifuge of rich pompous Fagatry  Go to South Carolina and enjoy homeless people throwing themselves Infront of your car or rebar growing out of the road

Sounds like your new in town once again.. Learn your way around

ETA: I'm a Charlotte native... we don't hang out downtown. that's a tourist trap for Yankees to spend money at and feel special , Charlotte is full of awesome bars, districts and micro breweries that are not in the heart of downtown . Try Noda, Plaza , South end , dilworth , Montford, Thomas street
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NC's Nanny Bullshit

.. That's the epicenter bro.. And you can't pour your drinks because they want the sluts pouring your drinks to tip out. That's not a state policy that is a club trying to make money policy . Maybe you were at label .. I have a solution . Hang out at a bar . Your several thousand dollars worth of drinks is of no concern to these clubs when panthers players regularly drop multi K in them.. Your not important to them

I just had a steak cooked for me medium rare for lunch an hour ago . Once again these are high end places downtown at the centrifuge of rich pompous Fagatry  Go to South Carolina and enjoy homeless people throwing themselves Infront of your car or rebar growing out of the road

Sounds like your new in town once again.. Learn your way around

Actually this was at American pub or some shit like that in the south end, Although the night before we were in the epicenter and experienced the same thing, at the  very least its a county law.

As a former professional athlete, I understand spending money doest mean shit, but when I do, Id at least like my drinks when I want them, not when some pansy club employee has time to come unlock my bottle holder LOL. Its really funny watching this process go down. I just like good service I suppose, and when I spend that kind of money in NY or DC my experiences are usually top notch.

I really love living Uptown. It certainly is a melting pot of mostly Northerners, but lots of potential around these parts, which is what brings me back. I currently own a condo in the city but am looking for a more permanent residence outside of the city. I think Im liking SC for that move.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top