Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I've learned the hard way that you don't call a Puerto Rican woman "Mexican".

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:18:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you are an American that is what you should call yourself, hyphenating the title only sows division in out nation and gives the enemies of our liberty the most effective tool to divide us and destroy that liberty.

Be American.
View Quote

Siriusly.

I'll bet you still insist upon referring to the ubiquitous fast food side dish as "freedom" fries.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:27:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Cuban, checking in. My Spanish is a little better than most Cubans, enough for people to think I'm not Cuban. Came here when I was only six months old on a plane, so I consider myself more American than anything else. No Cuban likes to be confused with any other race. Spaniard's speak the best Spanish, then it trickles down to Columbia, Costa Rica, Peru and so fourth. Cuban woman are pretty hot, but I went out with a couple of Columbian woman that gave any nationality a run for the money. They just couldn't be trusted. As far as food goes, there's good food from all the nationality's.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:34:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Cuban, checking in. My Spanish is a little better than most Cubans, enough for people to think I'm not Cuban. Came here when I was only six months old on a plane, so I consider myself more American than anything else. No Cuban likes to be confused with any other race. Spaniard's speak the best Spanish, then it trickles down to Columbia, Costa Rica, Peru and so fourth. Cuban woman are pretty hot, but I went out with a couple of Columbian woman that gave any nationality a run for the money. They just couldn't be trusted. As far as food goes, there's good food from all the nationality's.
View Quote

Fuck your Spanish, how's your ability to spew bullshit from mouth? You ain't Cuban si no eres come mierda.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:35:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
When I hear Cubans speak Spanish I can actually hear the words, when I hear Mexicans speak spanning I heat El derpa El derpa La derpa.  So basically I want to learn spanish from a cuban
View Quote

They're probably speaking border trash Spanish, not real Spanish.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:38:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Oye cabron, it's C-O-L-O-M-B-I-A!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My wife is Puerto Rican and I'm Cuban.... Lets just say that add some spice to the bedroom. Lot of anger to work out.

We both agree.... Argentinians are assholes and Columbians are fucking crazy.

Oye cabron, it's C-O-L-O-M-B-I-A!

Perdonalo parcero. No todos los chernas saben escribir.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:38:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When I hear Cubans speak Spanish I can actually hear the words, when I hear Mexicans speak spanning I heat El derpa El derpa La derpa.  So basically I want to learn spanish from a cuban

Anything is better than Puerto rican SPANGLISH... makes my ears bleed
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:39:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Fuck your Spanish, how's your ability to spew bullshit from mouth? You ain't Cuban si no eres come mierda.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Te vas pa la Pinga ! Si no par carajo. Como te gusta ahora, mi espanol ?

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#10]
MIL just got back from doctors and on her hospital records her race is recorded as white non Hispanic non Latino
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:46:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My grandparents and parents are all from Cali, Colombia. They always talk about how Hispanics (this is the term we use, NOT Latinos) from other countries all speak Spanish differently aka "wrong". Hispanics are very proud of where they come from and mostly put each other in classes based on nationality.

Example: Colombia > other South American countries > Cuba > Central America > Dominican Republic > Puerto Rico

Also, we are NOT White, regardless of what the government wants to call us. Thanks, but no thanks.
View Quote

Hispanic is an ethnicity NOT a race. You can be white, black, Indian or a mix of some or all of them. My parents are from Medellin, they were white, my grandparents were white, I am white.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No sh*t that Hispanics hate each other.  As a kid, I'd go to the Mission District which was mostly Mexican. Very safe back then.  Then in the '80s with the influx of immigrants, you had all these Hispanics from different nations and they hated each other, fought and shot each other.  The Mission isn't safe for Hispanics who wear the wrong colors.  Whites are safer and so are Asians (so long as they're not mistaken for Hispanics) in the Mission.
View Quote

That is further proof that I'm not hispanic. I was born in mexico, and raised in the US by mexican parents, but don't know who my biological parents are. I never asked mom or dad who my biological parents were because they're both liars.  My aunt (dad's sister) thinks I might be German. I look Italian. Who knows?  Fuck it, I'm American. Btw,  I can get along with everyone. If I don't like you, it's probably because I think you're an asshole. Where you come from or your color, ethnicity, etc.  has nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

Colombians speak proper Spanish, too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If you are an American that is what you should call yourself, hyphenating the title only sows division in out nation and gives the enemies of our liberty the most effective tool to divide us and destroy that liberty.

Be American.

I agree with this in that that we are all American first! That said, there's nothing wrong with have some pride in your ethnicity.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Want to see some sparks fly??

Call a Puerto Rican a Mexican.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's nothing, maybe a minor squabble. If you want to really see a reaction, call a Puerto Rican a Dominican!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

That's nothing, maybe a minor squabble. If you want to really see a reaction, call a Puerto Rican a Dominican!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Call a Dominican a Haitian.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:58:10 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't know, sometimes in Hialeah I can't understand a word being spoken... Half mexican, half french but everybody thinks I'm italian, go figure.
Love cuban food, cofee, all of it. I work in Doral, live in Westonzuela so I love me some cuban peoples. I have traveled, worked and lived in Latin america and the funny thing is that they have more in common than they have differences, love them all, except the commies...
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

World.Motherfuckin'. War.
Guerra en el caribe...
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:01:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I don't know, sometimes in Hialeah I can't understand a word being spoken... Half mexican, half french but everybody thinks I'm italian, go figure.

Love cuban food, cofee, all of it. I work in Doral, live in Westonzuela so I love me some cuban peoples. I have traveled, worked and lived in Latin america and the funny thing is that they have more in common than they have differences, love them all, except the commies...
View Quote

Ahhh Hialeah.... how I miss that place yet fucking hate it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now your getting down and dirty
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:03:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I apologize that being part of America, we have more English in our speech.
We will check,our American privilege !!!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:05:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like to take lunchtime breaks there to liven up my day. Great barbers and lunch spots.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:08:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which version are you?

Nuyorican or Boricua?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:08:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I like to take lunchtime breaks there to liven up my day. Great barbers and lunch spots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love cuban breakfast

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

Mmmmm, Cuban coffee!  My Irish blood prefers Irish coffee, but they're two different things for two different occasions.  Anyone who's never tried Cuban coffee needs to do it asap!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:10:08 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I love cuban breakfast

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/224703/65814.JPG

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:15:13 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love cuban breakfast
http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/224703/65814.JPG

http://www.julioibanez.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/7746883.sedanos131.jpg

I,love that place.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Cubans don't converse ....... they have shouting contests.

<--- Miami

The only reason I'm still sane is that I understand spanish lol.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:21:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I don't want a shared month.... I want a Cuban Heritage Month damn it!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am SOOOOO happy for you

Enjoy your month....

And i mean it.

you don't deserve one!

You're native homeland is COMMUNIST!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:22:47 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

you don't deserve one!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Enjoy your month....

And i mean it.

you don't deserve one!

But we make awesome drinks, smokes, and women.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:26:48 PM EDT
[#32]
I love Sedanos, get a coffee anad a guava pastry while you shop. Reminds me of supermercados in Panama. Kids love it caus it is different than Publix.  Wife refuses to shop there, everyone speaks spanish to her because she looks like a latina; straight country girl though.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:30:48 PM EDT
[#33]
I have a pal that's from Puerto Rico and he told me the difference between a Cuban and a bucket of shit... was the bucket.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have a pal that's from Puerto Rico and he told me the difference between a Cuban and a bucket of shit... was the bucket.  
View Quote

That's harsh.  

Generally PRs and  Cubes get along very well.  

It's all good natured ribbing usually
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

you don't deserve one!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enjoy your month....

And i mean it.

you don't deserve one!

And your grammar is atrocious...
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:25:48 PM EDT
[#36]

LOL, man this thread reminds me so much of my Dads stories of growing up in the 40s and 50s.

The polish guys (us) would go over to the Hungarian neighborhoods to fight. Fins fighting Swedes, Jews, etc. etc. etc.

I guess it goes away after a few generations. LOL

God Bless all of you. I'm glad you're part of the United States of America.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:33:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hispanic?   Well I guess it beats learning specific details about people.   So much easier to lump a giant portion of the world's people together according to an artificial and meaningless criteria.

Why do you consider Brazilians "hispanic?"  They speak Portuguese and are a former colony of Portugal.  Not Spain.
View Quote

You mean like calling people of European decent white despite all the differences?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#38]
The better half is Mexican and I love her cooking.  That said I'll take a good plate of chicken and yellow rice any day, preferably, made by me.  Sandwiches go to Mexico though.  Cuban sandwich this, Cuban sandwich that.  Cuban sandwich can't touch tortas ahogadas.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Jealousy.  

Like Miami JBT said for Cubans it's a foot on dry land, Puerto Ricans are citizens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My aunt is Mexican (met and married my uncle when he was in the Navy in Viet Nam.)  Man, she hates some Cubans and Puerto Ricans like a mofo.  She would always make comments when we were little kids.  What is the beef between Mexicans and Cubans/Puerto Ricans or is she just odd?

Jealousy.  

Like Miami JBT said for Cubans it's a foot on dry land, Puerto Ricans are citizens.

It's true. They hate that PRs don't have to swim a river pay a coyote
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Forget the hate-
Empanadas
Pupusas
Gorditas
Pasteles

Etc. etc.

All good.

Salvadoreñas own breakfast, closely followed by Mexicans and Cubans.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:48:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
had no idea on this until an El Salvadorian friend explained the different nationalities and how much she hated them and why

All of her prejudices had some truth to them though... she was pointing people out based on their clothing and cars.... sure enough they would have they're county's flag hanging somewhere in their car and she was 100% spot on
View Quote

they can smell them out. in the hospitals I found this out. we had some really cool people from different central and south american countries and they all hated each other.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#42]
New Mexican hispanic checking in.

I don't hate the other "hispanics" I don't like illegals as much as anyone else, and I know cubans have a temper.. but NM was pretty well isolated for a few hundred years so we don't really haven't been influenced as much as others. hell, even the spanish spoken here is ancient, with very little modification from other countries..  we have our own spanish dictionary
http://www.amazon.com/Dictionary-Mexico-Southern-Colorado-Spanish/dp/0890134537

the flag in my Avatar was the first flown over whats now "New Mexico".

Just recognize mother fuckers, our Chile is superior.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:10:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Hispanic checking in. I don't know how to speak Spanish and I don't give a damn. 'Murica.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:10:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I don't hate the other "hispanics" I don't like illegals as much as anyone else, and I know cubans have a temper.. but NM was pretty well isolated for a few hundred years so we don't really haven't been influenced as much as others. hell, even the spanish spoken here is ancient, with very little modification from other countries..  we have our own spanish dictionary

View Quote

Sororan "menudo blanco" sucks. Menudo rojo es lo mejor.

Props for "tacos de perro" though.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:31:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Oh joy.... my 88 year old Grandmother in law is visiting. Her fucked up mumbling Puetro Rican Spanish is like nails on a chalk board. Fucking PRONOUCE and ENUNCIATE your words damn it!

She's worse than an Argentinian.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#47]
It is rather funny to hear some very non PC statements come out of Hispanic people when talking about other Hispanics from another country. Same thing with Asians.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:55:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uhh..

if your insinuating that NEW mexicans eat dogs your fucking mistaken. were not the conquered natives of mexico, we're spanish settlers, we brought cattle, and had a large number of sephardic jews escaping the inquisition, despite switching to catholisism I still don't think dog was on the menu.

hey tejano, don't be jealous your "chili" is just a concoction of random spices beans or no beans it sucks, and your women don't know how to make sopapillas either.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:35:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dog tacos?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:37:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Yet all the countries still blame Spain for all of their problems.

Spain stole our gold. that's why we are poor.

Spain killed our people.

If you can't get your shit together after +150 years of independence it's your own fault.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top