Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2014 10:48:21 PM EDT
Thinking of swapping my JKS disconnects for the Currie Antirock how much different are the on road manners? Just a little extra sway or significantly different.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:27:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Think you would be better off asking that question here.  Www.wranglerforum.com
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:30:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I ran Anti-rocks front & rear on my '98 TJ.
Disco's are a joke offroad, my rig felt like it was glued to the trail afterward.
I DD mine for a decade like that, half of its life with a V8 under the hood - hell I towed a camper out to ND to work in the Oil Patch with it.
Anything by Currie is goods !

My old Pig.

Trailer Tugging:

And just for funsies, 40" to the bottom of the tire - home built Midarm, using Clayton brackets & Currie JJ's all around.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:37:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Think you would be better off asking that question here.  Www.wranglerforum.com
View Quote
and miss the entertainment that is GD here?

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:46:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I have anti-rock on my 97 TJ, IT Had it when I bought it and originally it was like driving a saddled squirrel on a skateboard.  The control arm bushings were bad so I replaced the arms and learned hiw to adjust the anti rock now it is quite tame on the freeway and off road. (Especially for lifted on 33's)
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:52:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:58:47 PM EDT
[#6]
By the by, I ran no steering stabilizer & 37's - with one finger on the wheel at 80mph (PSC Ported box & Tera steering).
Proper steering geometry makes all the difference in the world, your Trac-Bar & Drag-Link should be parallel (not stock) to one another.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:09:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I run the Anti-Rock on my 4.5" lifted on 34's 2006 Unlimited Rubicon, had it on for two plus years or so.  I replaced a set of disconnects.  The Anti-Rock rocks.  The ride on-pavement around town and on the freeways is just fine, feels a bit top heavy at times but completely manageable.  That said, I have a rack and run the hardtop most of the time so there's a bit more weight up there than you might have.  I have mine adjusted to the middle, I never tighten it up for long trips as it's fine the way it is, I set it for more flex when I'm going to be Off Road a lot, such as a week in Moab or something like that.

Off-Road the Anti-Rock Just.  Plain.  Works.

-Gator

P.S.  Jeep forums?  Whoneedsem!  GD Delivers.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:18:00 AM EDT
[#8]
2004 unlimited, 35's, anti-rock on the softest setting. It does have some body roll but is manageable, freaks people out sometimes
The worst thing about having it is waiting for everyone else to reconnect their disco's.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:20:24 AM EDT
[#9]
This was the test run after I first put them on.  This was the hardest, most streetable setting.

Yeah, I also hate waiting for the others to disconnect/connect!  :)

-Gator
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:24:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:28:16 AM EDT
[#11]
My LJ runs fine without a front sway (no lift). I'd be interested in what 3" would do to it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top