Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 81
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Any interest in a long range target (800 yards or so) if I can bring a sponsor (they are a site sponsor at the bottom of the page) on board to supply a Barrett MRAD, ammo, and a camera system for the shoot?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:48:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any interest in a long range target (800 yards or so) if I can bring a sponsor (they are a site sponsor at the bottom of the page) on board to supply a Barrett MRAD, ammo, and a camera system for the shoot?
View Quote

Is that a serious question? Of course there is interest, make it happen.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well...I'm not sure dude. I mean, you know, it's just kinda, um, well....

FUCK YEAH.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I am in for this. Any idea when sign ups are? I wanna make sure I don't miss out. I been wanting do one of these for a while.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I want to believe!
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:44:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please don't... I don't need that kind of temptation. My wallet can not take that kind of abuse.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:52:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Please don't... I don't need that kind of temptation. My wallet can not take that kind of abuse.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Easy. Easy. Its almost over with. Just relax and let it happen. It is useless to resist. FEMA Camp mind control is like the Dark Side of the Force.  Just roll with it.  Must. Assimilate. Must. Puke.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

FUCK YEAH.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK YEAH.

This is getting harder and harder.

Is there a limit to the amount of people? How soon do we have to commit?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Definitely interested. Can't commit yet though.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#10]
A CW West does somewhat demand some long range targets.

That might be the difference maker.  Stretch it out to 500-600 meters.  That would be interesting as hell.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't know how far in advance the other CW competitions open the sign up, but I'm thinking we shouldn't open this one up until at least after the new year. Mainly because so much can happen between then and now, I don't want to be adding and removing people as commitments come and go over the course of 5 months. Any advice on this front would be appreciated. I'd also like to know how to approach liability issues. Do participants generally just sign some sore of waiver? Also, when I get out to recon the land in the coming weeks, I wouldn't swear to it, but I'm pretty sure there's a rather large wash running through it. That could make for some punishing obstacle material.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I probably can't make it but I do graphic design and will do the artwork for the shirts or whatever else you want.

I also make knives so as long as I have a few months notice I could probably donate a knife or a tomahawk for prizes.

Just shoot me an IM if interested.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:48:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I would be down to do this once we know the date
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:51:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Update in OP.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#15]
This is beautiful.  Where's the New England edition?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I don't know how far in advance the other CW competitions open the sign up, but I'm thinking we shouldn't open this one up until at least after the new year. Mainly because so much can happen between then and now, I don't want to be adding and removing people as commitments come and go over the course of 5 months. Any advice on this front would be appreciated. I'd also like to know how to approach liability issues. Do participants generally just sign some sore of waiver? Also, when I get out to recon the land in the coming weeks, I wouldn't swear to it, but I'm pretty sure there's a rather large wash running through it. That could make for some punishing obstacle material.
View Quote
As long as I get on that list, it's all good.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This is beautiful.  Where's the New England edition?
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That might be the difference maker.  Stretch it out to 500-600 meters.  That would be interesting as hell.
View Quote

No, make it 800m or more.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Man, that is a lot to ask of a TA33.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:16:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't have to use one.

You change the requirements, you change the tool. The CWAR was born from the forge that is the range portion of the OG CW.

CWW could bring about a new generation of CWARs
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:20:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would think long range targets would also fall under the "if you can't do it yourself, you get banned" rule.
Also, one of the rules is that it has to be ballistically and practically possible with a standard carbine.

Part of the whole point of CW is to teach people what they need to work on - both with themselves and equipment.  You start going out to 800m, you're basically telling everyone that they need to go buy a precision rifle.  Which.. it can be done for under $1,000... sorta...  but even then you're pricing a lot of people out of even being able to compete.

That's not right.  Part of the point is, even if all you have is a shitty AK and some obsolete handgun, you can still run the course.  With whatever level of effectiveness it may offer, it's still possible.

There's a reason even CW Classic hasn't gone past 300m.

However, if you had the equipment and ammo there for everyone to use, so it was fair even if you didn't have a long range rifle to bring... that sounds perfectly fine.

I do think you would either have to put the proper range dope on the scope, or else provide a drop/hold table for the rifle/ammo/scope combination you're giving them.  Even if the target is at an unknown range and you make them range it (which would be a little dick, but still fair).

It can be harsh, so long as it's fair.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Don't have to use one.

You change the requirements, you change the tool. The CWAR was born from that forge that is the range portion of the OG CW.

CWW could bring a new generation of CWARs
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't have to use one.

You change the requirements, you change the tool. The CWAR was born from that forge that is the range portion of the OG CW.

CWW could bring a new generation of CWARs
While that is true, I hope to be able to use my nearly complete CWAR, as it's planned.  If need be, though,I've go sufficient glass to put on it..or, more likely, at that range, on a .308.

Pity the Geissele .308 rail is going to be a while, or I'd start buying for a CWAR-H, just in case.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:21:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

If possible let me know when you are going up. I would like to take a look around to help figure what type of obstacles or other items we may need out there.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:25:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm envisioning needed to push/drag something heavy through the sand in the wash
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:27:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Tag, for interest.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#26]
8 hours, 19 minutes from where I am, says Google Maps.

Hrm.....
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:29:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If possible let me know when you are going up. I would like to take a look around to help figure what type of obstacles or other items we may need out there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sti-Cazzi rode a dirt bike for 3 days to attend CW3. He had to resort to giving hand jobs at truck stops for gas money.  THAT is hard core dedication. A true Cola Warrior. .
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

However, if you had the equipment and ammo there for everyone to use, so it was fair even if you didn't have a long range rifle to bring... that sounds perfectly fine.

I do think you would either have to put the proper range dope on the scope, or else provide a drop/hold table for the rifle/ammo/scope combination you're giving them.  Even if the target is at an unknown range and you make them range it (which would be a little dick, but still fair).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's actually a pretty cool way of doing it.

I'd forward some money towards the ammo
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:42:16 PM EDT
[#29]
I thought about this some more OP and I'd be down. I've got PTO, friends in Vegas I'd love to drop in on, and a strong desire to vomit peeps and cola
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:42:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

FUCK YEAH.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FUCK YEAH.

We might be able to make this happen.  Is there anyone currently handling sponsors for this event?  If so I'll get in touch with them.  If not, I'll tell my homies to man up and sponsor when you guys get that organized.

ETA: Any current limit on competitors?  They are asking how many people will be there.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:43:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Sti-Cazzi rode a dirt bike for 3 days to attend CW3. He had to resort to giving hand jobs at truck stops for gas money.  THAT is hard core dedication. A true Cola Warrior. .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure he didn't need the gas money, know what I mean?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:45:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn dude, I was giving him the benefit of doubt.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:50:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The highway can be a lonely place, nobody is judging.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The highway can be a lonely place, nobody is judging.
View Quote

This is a no judging zone!
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#35]
My first CWAR (not a SCWAR, which I already have) is that little bit closer to completion.  Just needs me to install the trigger guard, bolt catch/release, I need a mag release/catch, and I'm waiting on the TA33 to come back in stock at DSG (I'm back ordered).  I may also put the DBAL-I2 that I just got from Optics Planet on it, in anticipation of a night run.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:13:06 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm in, what's a 22 hour drive to a cola warrior.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:13:50 PM EDT
[#37]
I am tentatively in. I would also like to see a night iteration. A LR lane with a provided precision rifle would make a nice addition, perhaps a "bonus" shot to subtract/add time depending on hit/miss.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:14:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Fuck it. I'm in tagging along with Dark Charisma.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm still debating which I would use, Garand or AR15...
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:34:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm with this, that's still doable with a regular carbine
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:36:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

My long range quiver is lacking. I might be best going with my K-31.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#42]
iron sights belong in the annals anus of history
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:57:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm normally absolutely dead-nuts at almost any range with my Garand. But a couple weeks ago I missed a Tannerite cannister.

I might have to go with my Iron-sighted A2. It doesn't miss.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:05:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great idea, and depending on date I'm 80% in
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:18:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
A LR lane with a provided precision rifle would make a nice addition, perhaps a "bonus" shot to subtract/add time depending on hit/miss.
View Quote

There are no bonuses, only penalties.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:25:02 PM EDT
[#46]
tentatively in, if I can take leave during that time!
I can be the fattest CW
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:42:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A LR lane with a provided precision rifle would make a nice addition, perhaps a "bonus" shot to subtract/add time depending on hit/miss.

What crow said bears repeating.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:52:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Hope I am still around AZ in March.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:47:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+ Like
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:50:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 81
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top