Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 81
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:03:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Awesome! Does anyone need a ride out of Vegas Friday? Got a rental, if there are no takers will probably load it with water & beer.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:07:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Awesome! Does anyone need a ride out of Vegas Friday? Got a rental, if there are no takers will probably load it with water & beer.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Forget the water bring hookers
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:09:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Holy shit! I didn't find out about this until today!! Are there any from the North West going to this?!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:20:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Holy shit! I didn't find out about this until today!! Are there any from the North West going to this?!
View Quote

I wanna say there's 1-2 guys from WA going.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:27:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crash is flying to CA and driving with me.

MK4Dubbin is flying into Vegas I believe
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:08:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks a lot! Time to skim the thread to try to figure out who it is that's going, and to see if I can bum a ride and make arrangements! Hopefully Ill be able to make it!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:38:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Any contestants ever run CW in a loaded plate-carrier?

Crash is suggesting I do so, I'm wondering how badly it's going to kill me and wanted feed back from CW vets, as I have yet to do anything in my plate carrier
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:59:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Crash is suggesting I do so, I'm wondering how badly it's going to kill me and wanted feed back from CW vets, as I have yet to do anything in my plate carrier
View Quote

Yes, UncivilEngineer. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1303722__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Cola_Warrior_Two___The_terror_has_ended_for_now_____Times_and_Photos_posted_here___.html&page=3#i33044012

ETA: And yes, it will ruin your time.  If you're hoping to be top 10, don't do it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:03:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote
THERMODEREGULATION!!!!

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:03:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well considering my pull ups fresh go from about 10 to 4 with mine on, the difficulty would substantially increase.
Like to the extent that doing so should merit a prize of some sort haha

Also, I will try to take pictures of yall's runs (if you want). If there is a section that you would prefer (obstacles vs shooting), it might be best to mark it in the corner of each person's scoring sheet (if the event organizers are ok with this) and I will try and get it captured for you. Since we tend to start a contestant while the previous is shooting or chugging, some people are gonna be missed. Since a lot of guys don't seem to care, it might work out well for most that do.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#11]
If any from WA are going to be driving down, It would be greatly appreciated if you would let me hitch a ride with you, I can't get an airplane ticket on such short notice! Please PM me if you are interested. If I cant make this one I WILL be attending the next Cola Warrior West for sure! Thanks a lot!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:31:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

you dumb bastard, I suggested running, for exercise to prep for CCT... not Cola Warrior West, I want you win top 10 so I can steal some of your loot.

Retard
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Well considering my pull ups fresh go from about 10 to 4 with mine on, the difficulty would substantially increase.

Also, I will try to take pictures of yall's runs (if you want). If there is a section that you would prefer (obstacles vs shooting), it might be best to mark it in the corner of each person's scoring sheet (if the event organizers are ok with this) and I will try and get it captured for you. Since we tend to start a contestant while the previous is shooting or chugging, some people are gonna be missed. Since a lot of guys don't seem to care, it might work out well for most that do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think my Pushups would go up with mine on. Because I'd be that much higher off the ground when I bottomed out.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:24:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

you dumb bastard, I suggested running, for exercise to prep for CCT... not Cola Warrior West, I want you win top 10 so I can steal some of your loot.

Retard
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Retard

Lies.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:39:38 PM EDT
[#15]
More sponsors!

V7 Weapons Systems is sending a package p2's way.  I don't know what they're sending, but they make some nice stuff, so no doubt it'll be awesome!

SilencerCo is sending a certificate good for one rimfire suppressor of the winner's choosing.

More to come?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:41:45 PM EDT
[#16]
When are we going to get more exact directions?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:26:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
More sponsors!

V7 Weapons Systems is sending a package p2's way.  I don't know what they're sending, but they make some nice stuff, so no doubt it'll be awesome!

SilencerCo is sending a certificate good for one rimfire suppressor of the winner's choosing.

More to come?
View Quote

AWESOME STUFF! I'm glad I made it onto the list.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:29:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

As soon as I'm given permission to do so.

ETA
With that in mind, we're less than a month out.  Please start IM-ing me email addresses.

in the IM, I'll need:
your first name
an email address (preferably a Google address so I can share a Drive document with you).

p2tharizo
sti_cazzi
nvgeologist
shade_1313
Sylvan
Haze
58Teague
That1GuyHenry
DeSeRT_RaT_7
sti_cazzi's Buddy
GIR-101
Smurf10161
evilbaxter101
Sonoran_Tj
CAmudcat
para_frame
stutzcattle
codzilla
getboth
SigChef
JoshAston
MrPlayer
Dr_Shock
rc47
Jetnoise
ASUsax
Pro_Patria_431
EV1LblackRIFLE
FortBeale
spunk
hyperscott
Krak3n
HDLS
CaliContractor
tweeter
s_gorilla45
JeredMD
YukonBoy03
DarkCharisma
Scare_Crow
JohnStoner's Home Boy
JohnStoner
DamascusKnifemaker
anthem_of_the_mind
mk4dubbin
Bigairart414
spyderboy03
LinggrrLonggrr
ontime1969
arizonajeff

YukonBoy03's buddy
Wingnut116ACW
JoshAston's Bro
FightingHellfish
slims_88
Kevin_Jensen

just directions:
ScaryBlackGuns

Throw me a gmail address and a first name and get a free smiley face!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
More sponsors!

SilencerCo is sending a certificate good for one rimfire suppressor of the winner's choosing....
View Quote

Holy Smokes.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:20:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
More sponsors!

More to come?
View Quote

I don't know how you do it. Im cheesin like a pothead on payday.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#21]
holy crap.  I read this and started doing pullups again.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:31:20 PM EDT
[#22]
wow free can, that may be the most outrageous CW prize yet

and as a cola warrior, it makes me even more proud of my sico "shoot ebola in the face" t shirt
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

How many pullups do you do in a day?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:48:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:03:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I don't know how you do it.
View Quote

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:22:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

50-100
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

50-100
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

50-100

Damn.

I seriously need to step my game up.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

and as a cola warrior, it makes me even more proud of my sico "shoot ebola in the face" t shirt
View Quote

I guess you didn't see Dirtsquid's upper, that he was nice enough to rub in that he beat me for tonight?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:36:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

More sponsors!

More to come?
View Quote
A .22 can?  Who do I have to sell to Caesar's Legion to win that?

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:46:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I guess you didn't see Dirtsquid's upper, that he was nice enough to rub in that he beat me for tonight?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

oh I did lol, no disrespect intended to G - it was a sick fucking upper

but an NFA item is a whole new level ya know?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:01:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it is pretty bad ass.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:30:11 PM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.giphy.com/wi8Ez1mwRcKGI.gif

He has spoken!

ETA: If you have a happy face then you should have an email.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:48:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
More sponsors!

More to come?
View Quote

Outstanding!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:48:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
More sponsors!

More to come?
View Quote

Outstanding!!!!!

Fuck it I'll say it twice
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:29:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

He has spoken!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.giphy.com/wi8Ez1mwRcKGI.gif

He has spoken!

Got it, thanks!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:37:36 PM EDT
[#36]
To someone who's been there, do you think any of the repeaters listed can be seen/hit from the camp site?  I would think the ones Hayden Peak or Hualapai Peak could be seen from the site unless its in a really deep hole.

http://www.azrepeaters.net/index.php?n=RepeaterMaps.Mohave
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:58:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
To someone who's been there, do you think any of the repeaters listed can be seen/hit from the camp site?  I would think the ones Hayden Peak or Hualapai Peak could be seen from the site unless its in a really deep hole.

http://www.azrepeaters.net/index.php?n=RepeaterMaps.Mohave
View Quote

If KD7HVE is still active, it's a great chance that you could hit it.  It's got a higher probability of being active and running with someone to maintain it.
There are a lot of old repeaters out here brother, most are just run-down from weather, taken over for cell towers sites, or they were moved.

As for like, Hualalpai, that thing's on the other side of Kingman.  you could theoretically hit anything with the right gear... but with a truck-portable system, you'd have to get it higher.
From the CWW site, you're looking down the length of a small mountain range, the average peak being over 1000'... and you're doing it from low ground.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:06:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
you're looking down the length of a small mountain range, the average peak being over 1000'... and you're doing it from low ground.
View Quote

You guys just got me thinking about elevation. Wiki shows Kingman at 3,300ft and the local area for me is 400.
Wonder if the thinner air is going to be a disadvantage to east coast guys and maybe the locals will be more used to it than us??
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:13:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You guys just got me thinking about elevation. Wiki shows Kingman at 3,300ft and the local area for me is 400.
Wonder if the thinner air is going to be a disadvantage to east coast guys and maybe the locals will be more used to it than us??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
you're looking down the length of a small mountain range, the average peak being over 1000'... and you're doing it from low ground.

I don't think you'll notice too much.  I don't really notice it until I get to about 8k feet.  You could start sleeping in a chamber to get acclimated though.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:16:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I don't think you'll notice too much.  I don't really notice it until I get to about 8k feet.  You could start sleeping in a chamber to get acclimated though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:28:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Email with directions received

Peeps

Peeps

Peeps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqSJNJXRy_o&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:29:36 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck it, next year I'll do training runs up on Mt. Charleston.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:32:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A couple years ago a buddy and I ran a Warrior Dash at Copper Mtn.  9800 ft was a motherfucker.  It felt like I was holding my breath the whole race.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:45:02 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
A couple years ago a buddy and I ran a Warrior Dash at Copper Mtn.  9800 ft was a motherfucker.  It felt like I was holding my breath the whole race.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are some areas I've driven around while up on the mountain that are over 8k, but I don't know if there are really runnable areas easy to find. Definitely some trails that are doable around 6-7k, although lots of inclines, as you may expect.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:20:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yeah, I'm trying to make it happen.  So are some others, they may beat me to it.  I'm looking at or around Weiser, ID.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm holding out for CWNW

It will happen, hopefully in ID.

Do you have some kind of insider information?

Yeah, I'm trying to make it happen.  So are some others, they may beat me to it.  I'm looking at or around Weiser, ID.

Go just a few miles west so I can bring suppressors and SBR's
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:29:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm holding out for CWNW

It will happen, hopefully in ID.

Do you have some kind of insider information?

Suppressors are easy, no forms needed to cross state lines.  5320.20 for the SBR.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 6:28:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Suppressors are easy, no forms needed to cross state lines.  5320.20 for the SBR.
View Quote

I emailed my form two weeks ago but they haven't got back to me yet. The SBR may have to stay at home.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 6:32:46 AM EDT
[#48]
For those thinking about repeaters, would NVIS be a possible solution?  If it could work, it would be interesting to see in practice.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:04:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The property is right about 4500' if I recall. In fact, it likely got some of the snow yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:12:16 AM EDT
[#50]
That is the wrong kind of thermodegregulation.
Page / 81
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top