p2, I'll be arriving with Crow and Josh to set up
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:19:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This will be me on Thursday Night
http://youtu.be/WFsMguGrUVo
View Quote

You're going to do drunken Tai Chi in your skivvies to the sweet sounds of Jim Morrison and The Doors?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You're going to do drunken Tai Chi in your skivvies to the sweet sounds of Jim Morrison and The Doors?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats how I prepare.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:20:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'll probably be camped at the meetup site come Friday morning, leaving Reno early Thursday.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait,,, I have to be there at 0800?  

...and sober.

I can probably be there Thursday night to start set-up.
I'll probably be camped at the meetup site come Friday morning, leaving Reno early Thursday.

I'm hoping Crash and I will be there at about that time as well.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:21:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thats how I prepare.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats how I prepare.

Listen up folks. Sylvan has just given up the recipe for success at Cola Warriors.

I expect videos.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:26:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Listen up folks. Sylvan has just given up the recipe for success at Cola Warriors.

I expect videos.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats how I prepare.

I expect videos.

I prefer to do it buck naked while watching the news, col. stewart style
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:50:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like NVGeologist will be arriving Thursday night at the rendezvous point. I will likely meet him early Friday AM and we can head to the site to set up targets. I will make sure someone who has been to the property is there at 8AM either way to meet the porta potty guy and whoever else ends up there at that time. I think an early start on the target set up would help immensely as that's going to be the most time consuming part of the set up.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 2:49:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Update: I'm meeting the porta potty guy the weekend before when we take our trailers. This is now not an issue.

Also, NVGeologist will be at the rendezvous point Thursday night, so I can meet him however early the rest of you fellers wants to get there. If nothing else, I may head in with NVG around 6AM or so, and have my buddy meet you guys at whatever time you'd like, or 8AM as we'd discussed.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 3:30:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

...and sober.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait,,, I have to be there at 0800?  

...and sober.

Piece of cake.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 4:47:28 PM EDT
[#11]
One thing forgot to mention when I talked to you was if you can, maybe run the local guys that are going to be working the course the weekend before.
I know that might be hard to do with having to set up the targets and possibly take them back down, but it is hard to work the course for hours, then run it yourself.
Your times may suffer if your tired and it also help to work bugs out before go time. also it is 3 - 4 less people to run the day of. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

One thing forgot to mention when I talked to you was if you can, maybe run the local guys that are going to be working the course the weekend before.

I know that might be hard to do with having to set up the targets and possibly take them back down, but it is hard to work the course for hours, then run it yourself.

Your times may suffer if your tired and it also help to work bugs out before go time. also it is 3 - 4 less people to run the day of. Just a thought.
View Quote

The targets won't be there until the event, nor will some of the other parts. The targets also won't be there after the event.

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's my first CW and I don't expect a competitive time, I'm just going to do my run and make sure others are having a good time.

In the mean-time, who was the guy that was suggesting a quad-copter?  I lost track in all these pages...
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 6:44:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The targets won't be there until the event, nor will some of the other parts. The targets also won't be there after the event.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't be a girl! Put them in your front yard, I want to practice the hold over for 550 miles. ETA: CWW CWAR?

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:26:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Fuck.....I'm super jealous of everyone going.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:03:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fitting your avatar it is
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:15:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Grumpycat good.jpeg

I am so broke it hurts, I already had tickets before I fully realized it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:17:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's my first CW and I don't expect a competitive time, I'm just going to do my run and make sure others are having a good time.

In the mean-time, who was the guy that was suggesting a quad-copter?  I lost track in all these pages...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey tweeter, I got the copter ready to go.

As far as the parking rendezvous, how far it it from the camp grounds? I got a couple cheapo walkie talkies that we could leave one hanging with a sign to call for pick up if it's not to far. I don't remember the range though.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:36:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

As far as the parking rendezvous, how far it it from the camp grounds? I got a couple cheapo walkie talkies that we could leave one hanging with a sign to call for pick up if it's not to far. I don't remember the range though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Orrrrrrrrrrr. Leave a flare gun and watch the sky
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:38:54 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm holding out for CWNW
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:40:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm holding out for CWNW
View Quote

It will happen, hopefully in ID.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:41:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Shirts ordered.  There were payment problems with the older orders, I'm new to this online store stuff so please be patient with me as I try to get all of those orders straightened out.  Don't worry though, the shirts were still ordered despite the issues.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:09:47 AM EDT
[#23]
I am taking Friday the 20th off work so I should be on site by 1:00-2:00 PM. (Not that anyone cares but me.)

How far would you say the parking site is from the actual site of CWW, as the crow flies? Any mountains or large hills in the way? If the locations are close enough for VHF HTs to reach then I may have a plan, if there is a mountain or hill in the way I may bring a parrot box to put on top.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:11:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm holding out for CWNW

Do you have some kind of insider information?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:18:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm holding out for CWNW

Yeah, I'm trying to make it happen.  So are some others, they may beat me to it.  I'm looking at or around Weiser, ID.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:09:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I am taking Friday the 20th off work so I should be on site by 1:00-2:00 PM. (Not that anyone cares but me.)

How far would you say the parking site is from the actual site of CWW, as the crow flies? Any mountains or large hills in the way? If the locations are close enough for VHF HTs to reach then I may have a plan, if there is a mountain or hill in the way I may bring a parrot box to put on top.
View Quote

Send me your email address...
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:14:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm holding out for CWNW

I know some OH guys were looking into one. Same people?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:18:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm holding out for CWNW

I would be down for some OH action.

BTW Holsters should be done on Friday. I made them a little special since this is CCW and all. Going to be a g17/22 with x300u holster for a war belt set up and a G19 IWB.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:46:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm holding out for CWNW

No, there were some guys trying to get one started in Washington.  Never materialized and I don't know if they've given up or not.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:48:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
BTW Holsters should be done on Friday. I made them a little special since this is CWW and all. Going to be a g17/22 with x300u holster for a war belt set up and a G19 IWB.  
View Quote

Awesome!
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:08:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Awesome!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BTW Holsters should be done on Friday. I made them a little special since this is CWW and all. Going to be a g17/22 with x300u holster for a war belt set up and a G19 IWB.  

Awesome!

Nothing to wiild just some stuff I've had in my head for a while. The G19 is made out of what I was planning for my own G17 AIWB rig.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:27:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

BTW Holsters should be done on Friday. I made them a little special since this is CCW and all. Going to be a g17/22 with x300u holster for a war belt set up and a G19 IWB.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm holding out for CWNW

*sigh*  You just described my carry pistol.  

Does this mean I have to, you know... try?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:46:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm holding out for CWNW

Yes because this is going to be a shorter copy of my personal  holster if I get around to having time to build my own lol
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#34]
It's been a busy past couple of days, so please forgive me.

50 swag bags started, plus a couple for "key" CW people. Sometimes your only help is a PPE wearing, ballerina, kitty cat pajama'd, pirate girl. Who knows what she'll choose to wear on her CW run...

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:01:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:08:16 PM EDT
[#36]
For those paying attention: WWII Camillus USMC and USN MKII "Kabars", plus an EGW....but I'm thinking that it might just be GIR and myself that are into old blades.

Geissele hooked it up! We can outfit Western Cola Warriors and all their immediate families*!

*Mormons and Catholics excluded.

But, with SKD's contributions, we may be able to outfit the Mormon and Catholic CW'ers as well!

The first 25 runners get Troy ounce Copper bullion rounds, plus, check out this knife! When I get back in the chips, I will be having a custom pocket knife made. This thing is AMAZING!

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:26:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Went out to my local public Mojave Wasteland shooting area today, (a bit north of Brooks Tumbleweed Ranch, best I can figure) to both put first rounds through my G34 (it's been a hell of a busy year), as well as familiarizing with the "normal" CW pistol distances of 25 and 40 yards.  Well, poop.  A whole bunch of light primer strikes.  Now, it IS set up as a competition gun, and they are local store reloads, so I need to get some better ammo through it, but it may be replaced by the G17 for this.

Tomorrow, I'm headed to the Clark County shooting range to zero the 3-12 I've stolen from my AI AE MkI, on my 18" almost CWAR.  Also, to get a feel for how the SCWAR handles out to 300ish.

For reference, by the way, best reckoning based on not exactly completely corresponding New Vegas maps, I live in the close area of the Horowitz Farmstead.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
For those paying attention: WWII Camillus USMC and USN MKII "Kabars", plus an EGW....but I'm thinking that it might just be GIR and myself that are into old blades.

Geissele hooked it up! We can outfit Western Cola Warriors and all their immediate families*!

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/p2tharizo/Arfcom/S5001945_zpsru9us4u8.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/p2tharizo/Arfcom/S5001946_zpssextq2ig.jpg

But, with SKD's contributions, we may be able to outfit the Mormon and Catholic CW'ers as well!

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/p2tharizo/Arfcom/S5001947_zpsrdtgzx8v.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/p2tharizo/Arfcom/S5001949_zpsb1jnovr1.jpg

The first 25 runners get Troy ounce Copper bullion rounds, plus, check out this knife! When I get back in the chips, I will be having a custom pocket knife made. This thing is AMAZING!

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/p2tharizo/Arfcom/S5001950_zpsetexo4zp.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/p2tharizo/Arfcom/S5001951_zpsysr9sic1.jpg
View Quote

DAT KNIFE!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:45:32 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

DAT KNIFE!!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/p2tharizo/Arfcom/S5001945_zpsru9us4u8.jpg

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/p2tharizo/Arfcom/S5001946_zpssextq2ig.jpg

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/p2tharizo/Arfcom/S5001947_zpsrdtgzx8v.jpg

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/p2tharizo/Arfcom/S5001949_zpsb1jnovr1.jpg

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/p2tharizo/Arfcom/S5001950_zpsetexo4zp.jpg

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/p2tharizo/Arfcom/S5001951_zpsysr9sic1.jpg

DAT KNIFE!!!!!
I think that knife may be the most coveted CWW prize.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:46:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

DAT KNIFE!!!!!

Nah, Id just lose it
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Nah, Id just lose it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

DAT KNIFE!!!!!

Nah, Id just lose it

It would rarely leave my house.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:36:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

You got any extra Geissele shirts for esstac.. I hear he is a Geissele fanboy
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:37:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You got any extra Geissele shirts for esstac
View Quote

I ordered extra shirts for them as well.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:51:24 PM EDT
[#44]
BOOYAH!
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:55:43 PM EDT
[#45]
I have about 6 camp chairs I can bring, 1 extra 6 man tent and a few extra sleeping bags and air pads. I can also bring a a few 5 gallon propane bottles. I will also bring an extra ice chest full of ice maybe 2. I also have a 12x10 quick shade and a few lanterns I can bring as well.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:01:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Ho-lee-crap.
This swag stuff is fantastic.
Im not the first, and I wont be the last to say this, but P2, the sponsors, and all the CWW volunteers:

Thank you so much for everything youve done to make this as awesome as it is going to be. I rarely get to be just a participant at any event, I know what its like behind the scenes. I hope you all share that feeling of loving what its like when a plan comes together. You should be proud. Thank you.

All this is almost too good. too much wining. I think we need more "embrace the suck". I for one, hope for rain.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:03:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
All this is almost too good. too much winning. I think we need more "embrace the suck". I for one, hope for rain.
View Quote

Do you even thermoregulate bro?  
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:21:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All this is almost too good. too much winning. I think we need more "embrace the suck". I for one, hope for rain.

Lol, rain...you don't know RAIN!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:31:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

After cw4, yeah.  Lol.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:35:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've… seen things you people wouldn't believe… Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those… moments… will be lost in time, like tears… in… rain. Time… to die…
Page / 81
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top