Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:06:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

When it's your granddaughter, who was killed in front of you, does it really matter????????????
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jones, who has two sons in prison for murder, acknowledged to Fishman that she has said she hates police.
http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/09/30/key-witness-is-calm-the-2nd-time-testifying-in-cops-trial-for-girls-fatal-shooting/

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Grandma doesn't understand the difference between murder, manslaughter, or accident.

When it's your granddaughter, who was killed in front of you, does it really matter????????????

When it comes to criminal charges and being a credible witness - yeah it does matter.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:47:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Accountable at all or specifically prison time?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The cops fucked up in my opinion no doubts there......not just Brian......the whole thing is a goat fuck

The unfortunate part is that this is pretty well accepted but this goat fuck that ended up with a dead kid has a good chance of having zero people held accountable.  

Accountable at all or specifically prison time?

Accountable in any meaningful manner.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:43:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Once again ARF's blue crew comes through.

Absolutely can not help but side with a badge, no matter what. Yeah, sure "They" fucked up, but "he" might be telling the truth because the distraught grandmother exaggerates her emotions.   GTFO, you can't be serious.

For those who want to believe Weekly is telling the truth and Grandma and Stallard are lying, please explain how this lady managed to get from the couch to the door THROUGH a flashbang and interfere with Weekly in 2 seconds.

It takes a person, when surprised, 2 seconds to get off a couch and stand up IF they aren't asleep and not flashbanged.

No way, absolutely NO POSSIBLE WAY Grandma got up from the couch and made it to the door before Weekly's gunshot.  You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.  The video doesn't lie, flashbang...2seconds...gunshot...girl is DEAD.  

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:02:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:17:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If it is so clear why was he not convicted in the first trial?

Grandma does not come off as a credible witness. I'm not checking the guilty box based on her testimony. The other information and testimony that comes out in the trial may get the guilty verdict but not her testimony.

I would also like to know what their training is on the use of the trigger finger. Do I believe it's possible as the officer tripped or stumbled that clenching his fist would cause the trigger finger to tense up and fire the gun? Yep. I believe you and I a similar conversation about another shooting. Or even that part of his gear got into the the trigger area and activated a hot weapon? More than possible. Do I believe as the prosecutor claims his finger would have already been on the trigger? Nope. I don't know of anybody that trains or advocates such a practice so for that to happen it violates all known training doctrines.

Sitting here behind the keyboard I first of all do not believe anything grandma says and based on my training and experience do not believe the prosecutors claim that he made entry with his finger already on the trigger.

So two key claims in the case are not believable for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely can not help but side with a badge, no matter what. Yeah, sure "They" fucked up, but "he" might be telling the truth because the distraught grandmother exaggerates her emotions.   GTFO, you can't be serious.

For those who want to believe Weekly is telling the truth and Grandma and Stallard are lying, please explain how this lady managed to get from the couch to the door THROUGH a flashbang and interfere with Weekly in 2 seconds.

It takes a person, when surprised, 2 seconds to get off a couch and stand up IF they aren't asleep and not flashbanged.

No way, absolutely NO POSSIBLE WAY Grandma got up from the couch and made it to the door before Weekly's gunshot.  You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.  The video doesn't lie, flashbang...2seconds...gunshot...girl is DEAD.  

If it is so clear why was he not convicted in the first trial?

Grandma does not come off as a credible witness. I'm not checking the guilty box based on her testimony. The other information and testimony that comes out in the trial may get the guilty verdict but not her testimony.

I would also like to know what their training is on the use of the trigger finger. Do I believe it's possible as the officer tripped or stumbled that clenching his fist would cause the trigger finger to tense up and fire the gun? Yep. I believe you and I a similar conversation about another shooting. Or even that part of his gear got into the the trigger area and activated a hot weapon? More than possible. Do I believe as the prosecutor claims his finger would have already been on the trigger? Nope. I don't know of anybody that trains or advocates such a practice so for that to happen it violates all known training doctrines.

Sitting here behind the keyboard I first of all do not believe anything grandma says and based on my training and experience do not believe the prosecutors claim that he made entry with his finger already on the trigger.

So two key claims in the case are not believable for me.

So if you were the one decision maker ruling with what you know now on Weekly's guilt your ruling would be NOT GUILTY?

That's what you're saying?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:24:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Makes you wonder how many times it does happen and successfully gets covered up?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a hero. He blames his "accidental trigger pull" on movement by someone his weapon wasn't even pointed at.

In to see who backs this breathing piece of afterbirth.

It's one thing to accidentally kill someone during a SWAT raid, but to have a conspiracy to cover it up and blame the victims is outrageous.

Makes you wonder how many times it does happen and successfully gets covered up?
I used to wonder. Now I don't.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#7]
The police already tested for DNA/GPR and there is zero physical evidence that the grandmother touched the officer or weapon.

In Officer's Weekley's first trial, it was revealed that his firearm was tested for fingerprints and DNA.
View All Quotes
In Officer's Weekley's first trial, it was revealed that his firearm was tested for fingerprints and DNA.

However, the prosecution introduced evidence the police manipulated the crime scene by showing the spent cartridge from the MP5 was moved after the 1st crime scene tech documented the scene.

We know that the only people to have be show to have lied in this case have been police.

Fellow SWAT team member had this to say:

SRT Sgt. Supervisor John Robert Collins then took the stand. He appeared to be still grieving over Aiyana’s killing.

“I’ve never been the same since that night,” he told Moran.

He testified he heard one gunshot round go off almost “on top of” the explosion caused by the stun grenade.

“When the gunshot went off, there was a delay of time,” Collins said. He testified he then saw SRT officers carrying a child from the house running very quickly. Then, he said, Weekley exited the house and approached him on the porch, grabbing at HIS gun. Collins’ response as he described it was in keeping with SRT training.

“I had my MP5,” Collins said. “It was in a low ready position on a sling. I made contact with Officer Weekley in a frantic state. He was reaching and grabbing and clawing at my gun repeatedly with both hands; he appeared to be in shock. He kept saying, ‘She grabbed my gun.’ I made sure my gun was on safety, because I didn’t want it to go off. He said, ‘I shot her.’ I think what I said, because of the circumstances the only thing that came to mind was, ‘Tell the truth.’ We’ve been trained not to say everything will be OK. My family always told me when I was in trouble, ‘Tell the truth.’

He said he took Weekley back to an SRT vehicle, and took his MP5 and .45 caliber revolver from him, standard operating procedure in an officer-involved shooting.

He said he “made the weapons safe” first.

Both weapons had the safety off.

So, some how, we are expected to believe Officer Weekley when he says within 2 seconds, a sleeping woman reacted to a stun grenade by running toward a Swat officer with a shield and MP5, disengaged the safety by wrestling it out of his hand and caused the MP5 to fire directly at the only other person in the room. --- All in 2 seconds.

Cool Story, Bro....

http://voiceofdetroit.net/2014/10/02/aiyana-jones-grandmother-weekley-shot-child-instantly-gun-at-head-raid-sgt-weekley-grabbed-his-gun/
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:32:26 AM EDT
[#8]
'She grabbed my gun,' cop testifies Weekley said
October 1, 2014

He was frantic, Sgt. John Collins testified today.

"She grabbed my gun. She grabbed my gun. She grabbed my gun," Collins said Weekley told him on the porch of the home where police executed a search warrant in May 2010.
View Quote

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2014/10/01/weekley-police-trial/16540077/
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:46:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Based on what I have seen so far sitting here at my desk, the star witness is not credible and I do not believe the prosecutions claim his finger was already on the trigger, not guilty.
View Quote

So how the fuck did the girl wind up dead?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:49:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Attempts to cook the books..

The case of the moving crime scene evidence.

An officer who entered the house early on testified that he saw the casing from the spent cartridge directly inside the doorway, on the floor next to left side of the couch where Aiyana was sleeping. But an evidence technician testified later that he found the cartridge in the middle of the room, near where Ms. Jones had been sleeping. It appeared as if someone had moved the casing to lend weight to Weekley’s claim that Ms. Jones struggled with him.
View Quote

Sgt. Brian Bowens, part of the “Special Response Team” involved, testified Sept. 22 that he saw the casing directly inside the front doorway when he entered just after two officers rushed the little girl out of the house to St. John’s Hospital.

Asst. Prosecutor Mark Hindelang displayed Bowen’s diagram of the scene to the jury, with the casing inside the front doorway circled in red, and Bowens’ initials next to it.
View Quote

VERSUS

However, a police evidence technician who processed the scene about two hours after the shooting testified today that he found both the spent casing and bullet in front of the couch on its far side near where Aiyana’s grandmother, Mertilla Jones, had been sleeping.
View Quote

The case of the corrected autopsy results

An original autopsy report said Aiyana had been shot in the neck, with the bullet wound exiting in her head, also in line with Weekley’s claimed scenario. After an independent autopsy, however, the Wayne County Medical Examiner revised his report to show the entrance wound at the top of Aiyana’s head.
View Quote

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/06/02/Autopsy-shows-girl-was-shot-in-head/UPI-54141275494172/
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:50:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:59:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The firearm discharged. Either by confrontation with grandma, the trigger snagged on some gear or he accidentally pulled the trigger somehow.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based on what I have seen so far sitting here at my desk, the star witness is not credible and I do not believe the prosecutions claim his finger was already on the trigger, not guilty.

The firearm discharged. Either by confrontation with grandma, the trigger snagged on some gear or he accidentally pulled the trigger somehow.

Not possible.

SRT Sgt. Supervisor John Robert Collins testified yesterday the Weekley stated the weapon was on "Safe" and he had to repeatedly tell Weekley to "Tell The Truth".

He kept saying, ‘She grabbed my gun.’ I made sure my gun was on safety, because I didn’t want it to go off. He said, ‘I shot her.’

A technician testified that neither fingerprints nor DNA from Mertilla Jones were found on the gun used to kill Aiyana.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:03:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Barring confrontation with grandma, which is impossible unless she's got superpowers it's impossible for her to get there, how does weekly not bear responsibility for either of the latter two?  It's his firearm and he alone is responsible for his bullets. BTW, even Weekly never claimed or tried to claim it snagged on gear.

I personally think it is far beneath you to even pretend to give credence to the confrontation with grandma crap.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:08:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Plus throw in another police eye witness who disputes that Weekly ever struggled with anyone.

SRT Officer Shawn Stallard was second into the house. He testified June 11 that Weekley paused for a few seconds on the threshold of the house, and that he [Stallard] heard a gunshot “a few seconds” afterwards. He said he did not see anyone else in the doorway, and that no one else was in the immediate vicinity, either standing or on the ground. He said he saw no one struggling with Weekley.
View Quote

http://voiceofdetroit.net/2013/06/17/weekley-maintains-story-that-someone-hit-his-mp5-says-he-did-not-feel-it-go-off-when-he-killed-aiyana-stanley-jones-7/
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:09:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

My favorite is the suggestion that the cop who contradicted the guy's testimony, put himself out there against the "brotherhood", probably made himself a pariah, may have to change jobs, etc etc etc; HE's the one who's lying.  He made it up because he just wanted to frame "Brain".  What a freaking joke.  No wonder the shitty cops feel safe if that's the mental gymnasitcs other cops will go through to excuse their behavior.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Notice what is in quotes and what is not. The quote sections are what Weekley said.
View Quote

You are correct, sir.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:11:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Magic.  Aliens.  Some shit, but not an irresponsible cop.

Yeah, arfcom cops are the good ones you can trust.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:12:22 AM EDT
[#22]
I read that their SOP is safety on, which would make it a manslaughter case if he had an ND that wasn't struggle related.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:29:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She was shot. Are 100% of all shooting deaths criminal?

Responsiible and criminal do not mean the same thing.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless there is an argument for self defense I'd say even "accidental" shootings are criminal negligence.

Was he defending himself from the sleeping child? No? Then it is criminal.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:43:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Tag
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:55:23 AM EDT
[#27]
The mental gymnastics which people go through to justify that which cannot be justified are enlightening.

If one can convince oneself that a man who shot a sleeping child is innocent of any crime, how hard can it be to justify any other police action not involving actually killing people
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:57:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Police tried to lie about what happened, but luckily an officer broke the Thin Blue Line.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Police first floated the story that Aiyana's grandmother had grabbed Weekley's gun. Then, realizing that sounded implausible, they said she'd brushed the gun as she ran past the door. But the grandmother says she was lying on the far side of the couch, away from the door.

Police tried to lie about what happened, but luckily an officer broke the Thin Blue Line.

Shawn Stallard said he was just an arms-length behind Officer Joseph Weekley when they burst into the home while a stun grenade was thrown through a window to distract people inside. Weekley accidentally fired his gun a few seconds later, killing Aiyana Stanley-Jones.

Stallard repeatedly told jurors that he saw no one in the vicinity, casting some doubt on Weekley’s claim that Aiyana’s grandmother grabbed the submachine gun.

Anyone taking bets on whether he was one of the "Big Boy Rules apply so we don't worry about things like safeties and fingers on triggers" types.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:59:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don't know if grandma was on the couch or anything. I don't believe her testimony is credible. The prosecution is claiming he went in with his finger on the trigger, I do not believe this either.

So the two main things they are hanging their hats on in trying to convict this guy neither are believable.

In order to convict him of the two charges they have to prove he went in with his finger on the trigger ready to fire. They can't get him on the off safe weapon because that is their SOP and somewhat common.

Even if he tripped up and fired based on MI law I don't think they can prove their case.
View Quote

Well, Weekly didn't claim his shit got snagged, he claimed he tussled with grandma.  That's disputed by another cop.  So even if you call that a wash you're left with how did the firearm go off.

You're left with the finger.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

The firearm discharged. Either by confrontation with grandma, the trigger snagged on some gear or he accidentally negligently pulled the trigger somehow.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The firearm discharged. Either by confrontation with grandma, the trigger snagged on some gear or he accidentally negligently pulled the trigger somehow.

Isn't that how we usually couch such terms around here?

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:23:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Justify? Has nothing to do with it. According to MI law and from I see in this thread they can't prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Do I think some jurors might go along with a guilty verdict out of a sense of something most be done? Sure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The mental gymnastics which people go through to justify that which cannot be justified are enlightening.

If one can convince oneself that a man who shot a sleeping child is innocent of any crime, how hard can it be to justify any other police action not involving actually killing people

Justify? Has nothing to do with it. According to MI law and from I see in this thread they can't prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Do I think some jurors might go along with a guilty verdict out of a sense of something most be done? Sure.

Brain killed her through his actions.  On this there is zero debate.

Throughout this he has never claimed that it was an accident but instead went all in on the grandma angle.  The problem is that there is nothing that supports this except his own words and a fair amount of things run counter to it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:27:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Throughout this he has never claimed that it was an accident but instead went all in on the grandma angle.  The problem is that there is nothing that supports this except his own words and a fair amount of things run counter to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But Grandma exaggerated her emotions so that means Weekly must be telling the truth.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:31:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

You just hate cops, basement dweller.

And these are the cops who presumably care about civil rights.  Imagine the ones out there who don't give a shit about you, the constitution or anything else but their paycheck, pension and "going home safe".
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:35:16 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I don't know or care if she did/does. She's not on trial.

View Quote

Never underestimate the power of distraction.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:31:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

If one can convince oneself that a man who shot his hunting partner in the chest is innocent of any crime.................
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If one can convince oneself that a man who shot his hunting partner in the chest is innocent of any crime.................
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you convinced that a man who shot his hunting partner in the chest is innocent of a crime?  If not then Weekly's certainly guilty, if you believe otherwise give your guns to a grown up.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:48:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Are you convinced that a man who shot his hunting partner in the chest is innocent of a crime?  If not then Weekly's certainly guilty, if you believe otherwise give your guns to a grown up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really sure what exactly you're asking/implying but there are plenty of examples where DAs &/or Grand Juries have not charged hunters for shooting people.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:03:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Plus throw in another police eye witness who disputes that Weekly ever struggled with anyone.

http://voiceofdetroit.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Aiyana-Officer-Stallard-300x293.jpg

http://voiceofdetroit.net/2013/06/17/weekley-maintains-story-that-someone-hit-his-mp5-says-he-did-not-feel-it-go-off-when-he-killed-aiyana-stanley-jones-7/
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://voiceofdetroit.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Aiyana-Officer-Stallard-300x293.jpg

SRT Officer Shawn Stallard was second into the house. He testified June 11 that Weekley paused for a few seconds on the threshold of the house, and that he [Stallard] heard a gunshot “a few seconds” afterwards. He said he did not see anyone else in the doorway, and that no one else was in the immediate vicinity, either standing or on the ground. He said he saw no one struggling with Weekley.

It'll probably come out at some point that this guy's testimony is invalid because he hates cops.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:05:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Not really sure what exactly you're asking/implying but there are plenty of examples where DAs &/or Grand Juries have not charged hunters for shooting people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And plenty of examples where they have.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:12:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:17:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do YOU personally believe that a man who shot his hunting partner is innocent of a crime?  I'm not asking about DAs or GJs.  What's your take?

What level of negligence constitutes a crime when it comes to killing another human being?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Do YOU personally believe that a man who shot his hunting partner is innocent of a crime?  I'm not asking about DAs or GJs.  What's your take?

What level of negligence constitutes a crime when it comes to killing another human being?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on the totality of the circumstances.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:40:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree; accidental shootings have a lot of factors, and could range from gross negligence to manslaughter to just one of those things that happens and nobody's at fault.

But the totality in this particular case includes the officer lying about what happened.  If this were just one of those things, with no negligence (criminal or otherwise) on his part, why did he make up a bullshit story about grandma?  You're a cop; you know why people lie.  Us non-cops know why people lie as well.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:48:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yea and 4 am raids with flash bangs and machine guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure he admitted to carrying an MP5 one handed and also using a shield,  IIRC.

Which is fucking retarded.......and shit like this happens because of stupid shit like that.

It was for a murder suspect who WAS at the upstaira address. The gramdmother lived downstairs and her scumbag offspring lived upstairs at the second level.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

It was for a murder suspect who WAS at the upstaira address. The gramdmother lived downstairs and her scumbag offspring lived upstairs at the second level.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm pretty sure he admitted to carrying an MP5 one handed and also using a shield,  IIRC.

Which is fucking retarded.......and shit like this happens because of stupid shit like that.

Which brings us back to the fundamental failure of the cops to do their job even before they got to the scene.

Can show off for the cameras properly if your running up a flight of stairs or some such, right?

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:16:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I agree; accidental shootings have a lot of factors, and could range from gross negligence to manslaughter to just one of those things that happens and nobody's at fault.

But the totality in this particular case includes the officer lying about what happened.  If this were just one of those things, with no negligence (criminal or otherwise) on his part, why did he make up a bullshit story about grandma?  You're a cop; you know why people lie.  Us non-cops know why people lie as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

zing!
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top