Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For you cynical bastards, the police department said they monitor this site and asked I don't post any more details pending the investigation, as a lot more of my stuff is still missing.
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7770316032/hE2098BD5/

Should be in "You raff you lose".
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:18:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You'll be laughing right up until you get some good old fashioned e-hickory shampoo.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before the Police Post on here telling us to cease and desist as we are interfering with an ongoing investigation.

You'll be laughing right up until you get some good old fashioned e-hickory shampoo.

Don't e-taze me e-LEO bro.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Citizens of this internet forum, I am giving you a lawful order to cease and desist your interference with this investigation.

Any further responses will be backtraced, and the consequences will never be the same.

Good day to you.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:37:18 PM EDT
[#5]
No stickers, just this.

[/url]
View Quote

Challenge given,  

Challenge accepted!    

Sorry, I wouldn't have posted if the gun hadn't been found. Good luck with the rest of your stuff.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Citizens of this internet forum, I am giving you a lawful order to cease and desist your interference with this investigation.

Any further responses will be backtraced, and the consequences will never be the same.

Good day to you.

View Quote

You done goofed
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:11:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You done goofed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good day to you.

You done goofed

Everybody act natural.

The cyberpolice are here.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:17:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Everybody act natural.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good day to you.

You done goofed

Everybody act natural.

I bet they are familiar too.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#9]
You have got to be kidding me.Is there a pit thread for this guy yet? Where is NorCal?
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Betcha roomate and GF still have all their valuable shit.  Miraculously, it would seem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, I should've had a safe.  House was locked and people were home.  They were quiet enough my roommate and his gf sleeping in their room had no clue until the next time they came out.

You're kidding, right?

If you want your guns and valuables back, start beating your roommate and his gf until they tell you where they are or who they sold them to.

Seriously.  

Betcha roomate and GF still have all their valuable shit.  Miraculously, it would seem.

Great point.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:35:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This just keeps getting better dumber.
View Quote

FIFY.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Good day to you.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The police department said no more posting details.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:44:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
For you cynical bastards, the police department said they monitor this site and asked I don't post any more details pending the investigation, as a lot more of my stuff is still missing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:32:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

In before the Police Post on here telling us to cease and desist as we are interfering with an ongoing investigation.

View Quote
Yeah, you got here just in time....

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:13:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds legit.

LOL.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:17:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Sounds legit.

LOL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds legit.

LOL.

By monitoring this site he means they're posting in GD and the Bear pit in totally unrelated threads.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeahsureyoubetcha....
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:35:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Good day to you.

View Quote

I hope you brought donuts for the rest of the class....
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:10:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Wrong thread
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:24:32 PM EDT
[#21]
OP,

I feel much sadly for your loss of rifle. First allow me to introduce myself, I am Nigerian Prince Kanna I. Foolum. I am most very rich and my military arsenal is great with guns. I have rifle just like one you lost. I be happy to send it you for replacing the one you have stolen. Please send me all personal information. I arrange to have gun sent. Be thanking you for your time.

ETA: I be adding, to Mayberry police dept that is on this site monitoring, I am real prince. I not a cheat or scammer, I real. OP send me information he get rifle as promise.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:35:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Will keep an eye out.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:20:38 PM EDT
[#23]
This is truly the best trolling of Arfcom for this year.

OP is fucking hilarious.

Also:

Step away from the keyboard slowly and show your hands. Walk backwards toward my voice. Keep walking backwards to my voice. Get down on your knees and cross your legs. Put your hands on the back of your head and interlace your fingers.

We all must follow this so we don't interfere with an ongoing high stakes investigation.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:31:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

OP is fucking hilarious.

Also:

Step away from the keyboard slowly and show your hands. Walk backwards toward my voice. Keep walking backwards to my voice. Get down on your knees and cross your legs. Put your hands on the back of your head and interlace your fingers.

We all must follow this so we don't interfere with an ongoing high stakes investigation.
View Quote

Stop Resisting!!!

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:37:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:47:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

OP is fucking hilarious.

Also:

View Quote

Is this just lag...  Or am I being detained?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:55:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

The same police department that couldn't be bothered to report your gun as stolen, and didn't show up to arrest the thief until the pawn shop owner called them? Those police? They're so busy trolling Arfcom they didn't have time to enter your gun in the system?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:02:28 AM EDT
[#28]
YOU WILL NOT TOUCH MY MOST PRIZED POSSESSION.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:03:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:14:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Stop Resisting!!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP is fucking hilarious.

Also:

Stop Resisting!!!

YOU WILL NOT TOUCH OR INTERFERE WITH MY INVESTIGATION CONCERNING HIS PRIZED POSSESION!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:34:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Yeah..... So OP will be back never.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:42:55 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I would like to second this post.  

I lost 17 guns in one robbery in the 90's because "I couldn't afford a gun safe".
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

To all the non-safe-havers:

If you own one gun, say a Glock 19 (because you actually listen to people when you post your "If you could only have one gun..." threads...), then sure, I can understand that you don't have a safe.  We've all been there at some point - every one of us had only one gun once.  And we probably didn't have a safe.  At most, maybe we had a little quick-access gunvault or something - but the gun was still generally available, because we needed it for home defense.

For a lot of us with collections, the G19-in-a-drawer is still our HD gun, and it's still either unsecured or just "kiddie-proofed" depending on who we live with.

But the minute you buy a second gun...  As soon as you make the decision to spend another $500 or more on another weapon...  you need to think real hard about how to come up with another $500 to get a safe.

To have a third gun means you're not even trying.

Which... that's your perogative.  But it's also very foolish.

I would like to second this post.  

I lost 17 guns in one robbery in the 90's because "I couldn't afford a gun safe".

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:54:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quick! Someone start a pit thread about it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:55:13 AM EDT
[#34]
I slept , and  thank God my safe is still here, along with this thread.

Sure glad that's all worked out.

Now I need to read more.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:34:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Here's an "I Have Faith In The OP" Bump.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:03:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:37:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:34:23 AM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#39]

No sign of OP again??

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:21:51 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm still here!  Nothing new to report. Cops haven't called me.  I can't find an arrest record to link yet.

Guy tried to sell my gun in Moberly, MO.  I'm in Columbia, MO.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:19:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I'm still here!  Nothing new to report. Cops haven't called me.  I can't find an arrest record to link yet.

View Quote
His. Name.  ?

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:05:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

The really interesting thing is that the Moberly MO police post all of their arrests on their Facebook site. Only two arrests potentially match the OP's incident:

On September 17, 2014 in the 500 Blk of E Burkhart St, Officers arrested a 24 year old Moberly Man for Felony Stealing. The man was taken to the Police Department and later released.

On September 17, 2014 in the 1500 Blk of S Morley St, Officers arrested a 23 year old Moberly Man for Felony Receiving Stolen Property, bond $10,000. The man was taken to the Randolph County Justice Center.

So, which is it?

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The really interesting thing is that the Moberly MO police post all of their arrests on their Facebook site. Only two arrests potentially match the OP's incident:

On September 17, 2014 in the 500 Blk of E Burkhart St, Officers arrested a 24 year old Moberly Man for Felony Stealing. The man was taken to the Police Department and later released.

On September 17, 2014 in the 1500 Blk of S Morley St, Officers arrested a 23 year old Moberly Man for Felony Receiving Stolen Property, bond $10,000. The man was taken to the Randolph County Justice Center.

So, which is it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, which is it?

Gun Shop at 1515 S. Morley St.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:21:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, which is it?

Seems like we may have a winner!

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:22:08 PM EDT
[#46]
You started out strong OP, but you jumped the shark bigtime with the Internet Police claim.  

May God have mercy on your soul.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:30:22 PM EDT
[#47]

So, if they busted the guy from Moberly for Receiving Stolen property, how long before OP's roommate or his GF are tracked down as the ones who actually committed the theft?

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Tell me how you'd get a security deposit back without spending it on bolting it down and then fixing everything when your lease ends or you find a different place.

Safes are great.  They really are.  And if good ones weren't $600 plus, most, if not all of us, would have one.

I'm amazed by the amount of "ZOMG SAFE" people exist on gun boards.  It's almost as if myself, and those who get guns stolen, are the only ones who aren't upper middle class, with no debt, awesome 6 figure jobs, and a supermodel stay at home wife, to boot.  It's almost like in the back of some peoples minds, that, if you own a gun, you should be totally financially secure.

My wife is a teacher, she started late, so a good chunk of her 39K goes to her 401K.  I'm a medically retired vet.  I don't make shit.  Even if I was in the workforce, the reality is that my "skill set" from the military doesn't translate well to the "real world".  I'm kinda like a college grad.  I have a shit ton of knowledge about stuff, but not enough experience to find a non-minimum wage job in the area.  Add to that an 18 month old son, and spending $600+ on something to keep my guns more secure than the closet my son can't open falls under "not justifiable" at this time.

Jesus, a board member lost a freaky looking gun to a fucking piece of shit.  Just keep an eye open and stop harping about safes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was it in a SAFE?

I second that.
Looks like you had some expensive guns and couldn't afford a safe.
I have a fort knox titan. Not the best but if you can get in, have at it.

Hope you get everything back and press charges to the max....
and buy a safe.

You can get a $250 RSC off Amazon and nobody is gonna get that thing is a snatch and grab if you build it up right. 1.5x3.5 on all corners, plywood, bolted down and to a rear wall in a closet. Idea is to prevent tool access and prevent people from getting the container on its back or side.

Also Collectors Insurance is 80 bucks a year for about $12,000 in coverage and they don't require a safe and will cover your ammo and scopes too. Thievery is covered.

Guys, you can't just leave your guns setting out on a stand, uninsured and run off to work. Especially if you have a GAP that you might have 5 thousand bucks in.

Tell me how you'd get a security deposit back without spending it on bolting it down and then fixing everything when your lease ends or you find a different place.

Safes are great.  They really are.  And if good ones weren't $600 plus, most, if not all of us, would have one.

I'm amazed by the amount of "ZOMG SAFE" people exist on gun boards.  It's almost as if myself, and those who get guns stolen, are the only ones who aren't upper middle class, with no debt, awesome 6 figure jobs, and a supermodel stay at home wife, to boot.  It's almost like in the back of some peoples minds, that, if you own a gun, you should be totally financially secure.

My wife is a teacher, she started late, so a good chunk of her 39K goes to her 401K.  I'm a medically retired vet.  I don't make shit.  Even if I was in the workforce, the reality is that my "skill set" from the military doesn't translate well to the "real world".  I'm kinda like a college grad.  I have a shit ton of knowledge about stuff, but not enough experience to find a non-minimum wage job in the area.  Add to that an 18 month old son, and spending $600+ on something to keep my guns more secure than the closet my son can't open falls under "not justifiable" at this time.

Jesus, a board member lost a freaky looking gun to a fucking piece of shit.  Just keep an eye open and stop harping about safes.

It sucks to be poor.  Btdt, and it wasn't fun.   If you own one gun, you may be excused.   If you own two guns, you should sell one and buy a safe.  

At least get a lockbox, or take a little effort to hide it really well.  

- I agree that there seems to be a surplus of "Blame the Victim" douchbaggery.   Arfcom wasn't always that way.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yes, I should've had a safe.  House was locked and people were home.  They were quiet enough my roommate and his gf sleeping in their room had no clue until the next time they came out.
View Quote

LoL.    Yeeaaahhh.       About that...

No, that didn't happen.  

Somebody is lying.     Real life is not "Revenge of the Pink Panther"

You should get with the "Should I marry a drunk driving vet" chick and make beautiful babies.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:54:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Here's the problem I've been having. $500 "safes" really are not. Plenty of videos out there showing how easy it is to break into on. Even $1k Liberty safes are guilty. To get a nice safe where you don't feel you just threw your money away you need to get a good AMSEC, convert a used TL safe or something of the like. That's why I don't have a big safe. I feel it is a waste of money that affords me almost no better protection until you get to the bigger commercial ($$) ones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To all the non-safe-havers:

If you own one gun, say a Glock 19 (because you actually listen to people when you post your "If you could only have one gun..." threads...), then sure, I can understand that you don't have a safe.  We've all been there at some point - every one of us had only one gun once.  And we probably didn't have a safe.  At most, maybe we had a little quick-access gunvault or something - but the gun was still generally available, because we needed it for home defense.

For a lot of us with collections, the G19-in-a-drawer is still our HD gun, and it's still either unsecured or just "kiddie-proofed" depending on who we live with.

But the minute you buy a second gun...  As soon as you make the decision to spend another $500 or more on another weapon...  you need to think real hard about how to come up with another $500 to get a safe.

To have a third gun means you're not even trying.

Which... that's your perogative.  But it's also very foolish.

Here's the problem I've been having. $500 "safes" really are not. Plenty of videos out there showing how easy it is to break into on. Even $1k Liberty safes are guilty. To get a nice safe where you don't feel you just threw your money away you need to get a good AMSEC, convert a used TL safe or something of the like. That's why I don't have a big safe. I feel it is a waste of money that affords me almost no better protection until you get to the bigger commercial ($$) ones.

Stupid rationalization.     Thieves like easy pickings.      For the average thief, Safes are not easy to break into.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top