Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:50:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Someone close to you knows something, and it's probably your roommates.

Post photos and serial numbers of your guns in the MOHTF stolen firearms thread so we can keep an eye out for them.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:51:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm willing to bet that one or the other knows something about this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, I should've had a safe.  House was locked and people were home.  They were quiet enough my roommate and his gf sleeping in their room had no clue until the next time they came out.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:51:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:57:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
New theory: OP is in on it too, and it's setup for an insurance scam.
View Quote

I thought of this yesterday.  Didn't want to say anything.  Was waiting for someone to ask if OP has insurance.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:18:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Tell your roommate that the cops called you to tell you they found your gun.

Watch his reaction.

View Quote

Oooo, tell him they found his laptop!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:35:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Just thought of something else.

Arfcom, esp GD cannot agree on ANYTHING!

Yet look at how much agreement is in this thread (about the thief). Statistically the chances of that are astronomical.

At any rate, I would inform the roommates that having them there isn't worth the trouble since their presence didn't even prevent a robbery right under their nose. If that were your wife you would be bitching on GD and the hive would be telling you to eject. Why expect less of someone you aren't even fucking?

Tell them they need to leave. If you can't afford the place then maybe you should get something smaller and roommate free. What kind of single person needs 3 bedrooms. It sure as hell isn't doing you any good.

I would tell them that after I torchered them but you may disagree.  Their presence is useless at any rate and that should be fixed.

In your new roommate free place I would create a good hiding place behind the Sheetrock in a closet or something. Get a safe but hide the safe.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:36:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes I can afford a safe.  I bought one, and it's been at my parents for years.  I screwed up and had this gun inbetween two safes for a week and this happened.  The lack of security was my bonehead mistake, but not really the topic of discussion here.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:00:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm not ragging on you about the safe, I'm addressing the other security breach, the roommates.

If my "roommate" was home and that happened I would have a spell. And I'm at least getting benefits ;)

The ones you have are worthless at best and maybe thieves.

Hope you get your gun back, it's . . . Beautiful!  I would be very upset to lose it.

I've had guns stolen in my younger more foolish days, from vehicles. They were cheap 22 revolvers but it was all I had at the time.

Time and mistakes build better judgement. At least nobody was hurt and the dog was OK. Just think what could have happened but didn't.

Which brings us back to "why not"? Now either somebody knows your home is an easy target, or your roommate(s) are in on it. Either way changes should be made. That simply safe alarm system is an inexpensive alternative.

For when you get your own place.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:24:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yes I can afford a safe.  I bought one, and it's been at my parents for years.  I screwed up and had this gun inbetween two safes for a week and this happened.  The lack of security was my bonehead mistake, but not really the topic of discussion here.
View Quote

The problem isn't the safe or the lack of security it's the implausibility of your story. It simply makes no sense that a burglar would enter a house with a dog and occupants with a TV blaring. As many here have said that simply doesn't fit the MO of how such a thief would operate. That's not a target of opportunity but a death wish or a ticket to the big house. It's not like someone came in and grabbed a handful of stuff, all that was taken would require multiple trips. How is the approach to the house? How close could they have parked without being noticed? These are all important factors as someone isn't going to risk making 10 trips in such a brazen manner if they have to haul everything through the woods.

ETA: If I entered a house and heard a TV blaring the first thing I'd assume is that someone is up watching said TV.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Roomates

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:15:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The problem isn't the safe or the lack of security it's the implausibility of your story. It simply makes no sense that a burglar would enter a house with a dog and occupants with a TV blaring. As many here have said that simply doesn't fit the MO of how such a thief would operate. That's not a target of opportunity but a death wish or a ticket to the big house. It's not like someone came in and grabbed a handful of stuff, all that was taken would require multiple trips. How is the approach to the house? How close could they have parked without being noticed?
View Quote

I'm under the impression it was more than one person, as I can't imagine someone being ballsy enough to make multiple trips.  

The roommate and gf don't know when it happened.  Here's all I know (I'm talking to an investigator later, as soon as he calls, he's an hour late already) the GF got off work at 8, said she came home and went to bed.  Roommate got off work at 10, came home, made food, went to his room.  Watched TV until 1:30.  She comes out the next morning to watch TV and it's gone.  She wakes up roommate.  Can't find dog.  He goes into other roommates room, finds shower and sink on, and dog locked in closet.  Then she called me and said apparently there was a robbery.  Asked if my Mizzou gun was in the house.  I then asked them to check my room, they called back and said it was ransacked.  I was 6 hours away from home, and made it back ASAP.  

Police officer who was assigned the case worked Sunday, but got off before I was able to make it home.  He came back to work today, replied to my e-mail, and hasn't answered my calls, and secretary said he would be calling an hour ago.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:19:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Further info since I can only post so many characters:

I live in a nice (EDIT: generally older person/family) neighborhood, although student duplexes and apartments are about a half mile away, some section 8 housing a mile north.  My house is nearly at the end of a long street, only a few houses from the cul-de-sac.

Someone could have parked right in our driveway and not been noticed, my roomie has a blanket over his window, and has since freshman year.

8 foot fence around our backyard.  Screen for window was thrown 20 yards to the fence.  No discernible tracks found, as grass was tallish.  Doors were all locked.  Back door was wide open the next morning.  Dog was freaking out when she was let free, kept returning to the same section of fence and barking (she doesn't do that normally), where on the other side the neighbors have large decorative rocks, it would be a stretch but someone could make it over.  Neighbors have a fence around their backyard too however...
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#13]
You're roommates girl got home at 8 and went to bed? Roommate follows at 10? How old are your roommates? 60? You said their are college apts close so I assume you live in a college town and from the sound of it you aren't that old. I'm 29 and don't live in a college town and still now of my friends go to sleep that early or are even home from going out some where.
Is your roommates gf and his bed time normally that early b/c if not then that's bs. Esp if this was a Friday or weekend night....
Just one of the things I noticed in the whole situation that doesn't make sense. I'd look real hard at them.
When they called to tell you y'all were robbed, why did they specifically and only ask if your rifle was there?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Burglary!

Not Robbery.

English MF, do you speak it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbery
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:29:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I live in a nice (EDIT: generally older person/family) neighborhood, although student duplexes and apartments are about a half mile away, some section 8 housing a mile north.  My house is nearly at the end of a long street, only a few houses from the cul-de-sac.

Someone could have parked right in our driveway and not been noticed, my roomie has a blanket over his window, and has since freshman year.

8 foot fence around our backyard.  Screen for window was thrown 20 yards to the fence.  No discernible tracks found, as grass was tallish.  Doors were all locked.  Back door was wide open the next morning.  Dog was freaking out when she was let free, kept returning to the same section of fence and barking (she doesn't do that normally), where on the other side the neighbors have large decorative rocks, it would be a stretch but someone could make it over.  Neighbors have a fence around their backyard too however...
View Quote

All those houses, and someone decides to scale an 8 ft fence and target yours, even when someone was home?

Did Roommate A and his girlfriend not have any property in the rooms of the house that were targeted?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:32:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm under the impression it was more than one person, as I can't imagine someone being ballsy enough to make multiple trips.  

The roommate and gf don't know when it happened.  Here's all I know (I'm talking to an investigator later, as soon as he calls, he's an hour late already) the GF got off work at 8, said she came home and went to bed.  Roommate got off work at 10, came home, made food, went to his room.  Watched TV until 1:30.  She comes out the next morning to watch TV and it's gone.  She wakes up roommate.  Can't find dog.  He goes into other roommates room, finds shower and sink on, and dog locked in closet.  Then she called me and said apparently there was a robbery.  Asked if my Mizzou gun was in the house.  I then asked them to check my room, they called back and said it was ransacked.  I was 6 hours away from home, and made it back ASAP.  

Police officer who was assigned the case worked Sunday, but got off before I was able to make it home.  He came back to work today, replied to my e-mail, and hasn't answered my calls, and secretary said he would be calling an hour ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem isn't the safe or the lack of security it's the implausibility of your story. It simply makes no sense that a burglar would enter a house with a dog and occupants with a TV blaring. As many here have said that simply doesn't fit the MO of how such a thief would operate. That's not a target of opportunity but a death wish or a ticket to the big house. It's not like someone came in and grabbed a handful of stuff, all that was taken would require multiple trips. How is the approach to the house? How close could they have parked without being noticed?

Yea, if you or the police can't see that the roommate had a hand in this, I don't know what to tell you.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:33:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Super stealthy burglar throws the window screen 20 yards away into the fence?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:39:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm going to have the investigator question the roommates and gf.  But yeah, they really do go to bed that early on a Saturday night.  She has him so incredibly whipped it's quite sad, he hasn't gone out in months.

Roommate A and GF had her backpack (opened but not stolen) and his laptop (moved but not stolen) in the rooms robbed.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:40:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm going to have the investigator question the roommates and gf.  But yeah, they really do go to bed that early on a Saturday night.  She has him so incredibly whipped it's quite sad, he hasn't gone out in months.

Roommate A and GF had her backpack (opened but not stolen) and his laptop (moved but not stolen) in the rooms robbed.
View Quote

So they stole the TV but not the laptop?  There are so many red flags it is astonishing.

And what do you mean "you are going to have" the detectives question the roommates and gf?

What kind of insurance did you have on the items?  It has been asked a couple times now and you skipped over them.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:46:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Wait, so on another website you stated that your laptops were stolen, yet they rummaged your roommates gf's bag an did not steal her laptop?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:56:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
So they stole the TV but not the laptop?  There are so many red flags it is astonishing.

And what do you mean "you are going to have" the detectives question the roommates and gf?

What kind of insurance did you have on the items?  It has been asked a couple times now and you skipped over them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is the nail in the coffin.

Roomate and GF have nothing valuable stolen, even though it was available.

Roomate and GF don't hear the burglary.

Roomate and GF are Awake/Asleep but the Burglar never accidentally enters their room.

It may not be your Roomate but it IS his GF's brother/friend/drugdealer.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:20:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Just talked to investigator, told him I personally had no reason to suspect roommate/gf, but I'd like them to be questioned for my own peace of mind.

He stated they had no reason to believe they were involved, and they are being treated as victims at this time and therefore will not be questioned.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Insurance:

parents had an individual policy for my guns.  Insurance agent said it would cap at $5000 since it occurred at my residence

owner of the house had homeowner's insurance
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:25:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

He stated they had no reason to believe they were involved, and they are being treated as victims at this time and therefore will not be questioned.  
View Quote

The investigator is either very shrewd, and lying to you, or he is a complete idiot.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Just talked to investigator, told him I personally had no reason to suspect roommate/gf, but I'd like them to be questioned for my own peace of mind.

View Quote

You personally had no reason to think that they were involved?  Like the fact that their valuables were still there, your valuables that were the same thing were not there, they were HOME, they didn't hear a dog being put in a closet/crying/barking, they didn't hear a TV and all of your possessions being carried out of their house, and there was no sign of forced entry?  And the one roommate asked specifically about your "mizzou" gun being there still?  

And you had no reason to personally suspect them?  And the detectives don't consider their premise to the theft suspicious?  

Yea, okay.  Right on.  Fail all around.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:27:50 PM EDT
[#26]
People, please. Lock your guns up. A safe costs half as much as an AR build, as much as a good handgun. Buy one already.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:30:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Insurance:

parents had an individual policy for my guns.  Insurance agent said it would cap at $5000 since it occurred at my residence

owner of the house had homeowner's insurance
View Quote

SO you had over $5000 in items stolen, your guns,  your laptops (TWO OF THEM according to another site), a TV, and who knows what else, yet they completely left your roommates valuables there (including....a laptop that they at some point moved around)?

And you still have no reason to personally suspect your roommates, whom were home at the time, or their involvement in this?  

Option 1: Your roommates had either an actual hand or indirect involvement.
Option 2: Insurance fraud
Option 3: Aliens.  Or some high class cat burglar that was under the premise that you had millions of dollars in jewels or perhaps a Van Gogh.  But then they felt the need to sneak out with your freaking TV, because, you know, the painting could be hidden in there.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:36:17 PM EDT
[#28]
6 pages and the op still doesn't understand his roommates are fucking with him?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:55:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
!OH SNAP!

Plot twist!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm going with a new theory.

OP is conveniently out of town.  

His firearms are conveniently between two secure storage locations, and it's just a matter of blind luck that he was targeted during the short time window in which they were particularly vulnerable.  

Roomate A is conveniently asleep with the TV turned all the way up.  

Dog is conveniently too old/useless to even bark at a stranger, while they pick her up and lock her in a room.  

Roomate B conveniently is unaware of all of this, and has also "lost" some shit that's of no practical value.  

A big thumbprint is conveniently found on a computer monitor, by the OP.  So, fuck evidence trail and all that jazz.  

OP is on a large internet forum trying to build a history of having gotten his shit ganked, and man it's just such bad luck that they happened to pick that exact time and place to commit a random crime, which is characteristically rare in his area.

He vehemently denies that one or both of his roomates could possibly have been involved.

New theory: OP is in on it too, and it's setup for an insurance scam.

!OH SNAP!

Plot twist!
No, not really. No offense OP, this is the second obvious scenario of how things could have went down. First being roommate(s) involvement.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:04:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I don't know how much his super special gun is worth, but the others totaled together might bring $700 or so at auction.

I hardly think that's much tied up in a gun collection.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP... if you have that much money to spend on guns, why in the blue fuck do you have roommates?

I don't know how much his super special gun is worth, but the others totaled together might bring $700 or so at auction.

I think he said it was a GAP. GAP = Georgia Precision. With addons and customization you can spend around 5k on a bolt gun before adding a scope, which on a rifle like this should not be a cheap scope.

GAPs are very prestigious and very expensive rifles.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#32]
I didn't read the entire thread and could have missed some updates but whatever here goes...

There is entirely too much coincidence, happenstance, whatever you want to call it for your room mate to not be involved.

1. Someone breaks into a house with multiple cars in the driveway.
2. The thieves just happened to enter through a (window)room that was currently unoccupied
3. The sleeping roommate just happened to not have heard anything.
4. The thieves did not attempt to enter the sleeping roommates room.
5. Your dog just willingly let a stranger put him in a closet without loudly protesting. (could just be a friendly dog or it could have been someone he recognized)

My question is, what the place tossed, or did it look like they knew exactly where to go? If it wasn't absolutely trashed then it was definitely an inside job.

My question withstanding, points 1-5 are way too much coincidence for a random burglary.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:03:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I think he said it was a GAP. GAP = Georgia Precision. With addons and customization you can spend around 5k on a bolt gun before adding a scope, which on a rifle like this should not be a cheap scope.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP... if you have that much money to spend on guns, why in the blue fuck do you have roommates?

G.A Precision, it's not Georgia.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:34:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, I should've had a safe.  House was locked and people were home.  They were quiet enough my roommate and his gf sleeping in their room had no clue until the next time they came out.

That's a bingo!

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Tell me how you'd get a security deposit back without spending it on bolting it down and then fixing everything when your lease ends or you find a different place.

Safes are great.  They really are.  And if good ones weren't $600 plus, most, if not all of us, would have one.

I'm amazed by the amount of "ZOMG SAFE" people exist on gun boards.  It's almost as if myself, and those who get guns stolen, are the only ones who aren't upper middle class, with no debt, awesome 6 figure jobs, and a supermodel stay at home wife, to boot.  It's almost like in the back of some peoples minds, that, if you own a gun, you should be totally financially secure.

My wife is a teacher, she started late, so a good chunk of her 39K goes to her 401K.  I'm a medically retired vet.  I don't make shit.  Even if I was in the workforce, the reality is that my "skill set" from the military doesn't translate well to the "real world".  I'm kinda like a college grad.  I have a shit ton of knowledge about stuff, but not enough experience to find a non-minimum wage job in the area.  Add to that an 18 month old son, and spending $600+ on something to keep my guns more secure than the closet my son can't open falls under "not justifiable" at this time.

Jesus, a board member lost a freaky looking gun to a fucking piece of shit.  Just keep an eye open and stop harping about safes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was it in a SAFE?

I second that.
Looks like you had some expensive guns and couldn't afford a safe.
I have a fort knox titan. Not the best but if you can get in, have at it.

Hope you get everything back and press charges to the max....
and buy a safe.

You can get a $250 RSC off Amazon and nobody is gonna get that thing is a snatch and grab if you build it up right. 1.5x3.5 on all corners, plywood, bolted down and to a rear wall in a closet. Idea is to prevent tool access and prevent people from getting the container on its back or side.

Also Collectors Insurance is 80 bucks a year for about $12,000 in coverage and they don't require a safe and will cover your ammo and scopes too. Thievery is covered.

Guys, you can't just leave your guns setting out on a stand, uninsured and run off to work. Especially if you have a GAP that you might have 5 thousand bucks in.

Tell me how you'd get a security deposit back without spending it on bolting it down and then fixing everything when your lease ends or you find a different place.

Safes are great.  They really are.  And if good ones weren't $600 plus, most, if not all of us, would have one.

I'm amazed by the amount of "ZOMG SAFE" people exist on gun boards.  It's almost as if myself, and those who get guns stolen, are the only ones who aren't upper middle class, with no debt, awesome 6 figure jobs, and a supermodel stay at home wife, to boot.  It's almost like in the back of some peoples minds, that, if you own a gun, you should be totally financially secure.

My wife is a teacher, she started late, so a good chunk of her 39K goes to her 401K.  I'm a medically retired vet.  I don't make shit.  Even if I was in the workforce, the reality is that my "skill set" from the military doesn't translate well to the "real world".  I'm kinda like a college grad.  I have a shit ton of knowledge about stuff, but not enough experience to find a non-minimum wage job in the area.  Add to that an 18 month old son, and spending $600+ on something to keep my guns more secure than the closet my son can't open falls under "not justifiable" at this time.

Jesus, a board member lost a freaky looking gun to a fucking piece of shit.  Just keep an eye open and stop harping about safes.

How often are you at home?
How much money do you have in firearms?

I think what everyone is saying is that if you have tens of thousands or even several thousand dollars in firearms it's foolish to not spend a relatively insignificant amount of money on a safe.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:44:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You're kidding, right?

If you want your guns and valuables back, start beating your roommate and his gf until they tell you where they are or who they sold them to.

Seriously.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're kidding, right?

If you want your guns and valuables back, start beating your roommate and his gf until they tell you where they are or who they sold them to.

Seriously.  

COC4

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:47:06 PM EDT
[#37]
I think I know who stole it.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:50:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If you asked me how much money I've actually put down for each weapon I own, it would shock you.  I do a lot of horse trading, and only own one firearm that cost me out of pocket more than $100, currently.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also, for the "ZOMG SAFE" guys, some of us, like myself, can't afford a real safe.

Some of us have gun cabinets, some of us keep a gun or two outside of lock and key for, you know, self defense.

And sometimes, just sometimes, a criminal either can get a locked storage box open because they're pimp, or they happen to know someone who has access.

If you can afford a GAP you can afford a safe.

If you asked me how much money I've actually put down for each weapon I own, it would shock you.  I do a lot of horse trading, and only own one firearm that cost me out of pocket more than $100, currently.

How much would it cost to replace them? Just because you got a great deal this time doesn't mean you can next time.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

What  load of horse shit!

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:31:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Sorry for your loss op but....you may be a beta. Your roommate thinks it and now we do to. Again, sorry for your loss.
But on the off chance I'm wrong and it was a supper sneaky burglar, you have my sincerest condolences.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You noticed that one too, huh?

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You need to take a long hard look at your "friends" and your "friends" "friends".   Someone knew you were gone.
View Quote

yup...this is why i tell no one when i go away except for the person who watches my dog...

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You might say that, unless this:

Quoted:
Quoted:

The investigator is either very shrewd, and lying to you, or he is a complete idiot.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:26:00 PM EDT
[#45]
GUN HAS BEEN FOUND!

No conspiracy theory here it appears.  A gun shop I had called about the gun gave me a call today, said "I may be interested in a very specific firearm"...blablabla said let me step in the back..."call the police".

Another business owner helped hold the guy there until police arrived, he was trying to sell my gun for $500, wasn't painted or anything.    I hauled ass to the gun shop (30 miles away) and police were outside holding my gun and had the guy in cuffs.  Went to the station and he had already sold my other guns, but they thought they knew where.

On the shitty side, my city's police department had nothing to do with this.  They hadn't even reported the guns as stolen yet, and I called 911 when the shop owner told me to, and the operator told me they were sending my city, and that city's PD to the gun shop.  Neither arrived until the gun shop owner himself called in.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:32:03 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

GUN HAS BEEN FOUND!

No conspiracy theory here it appears.  A gun shop I had called about the gun gave me a call today, said "I may be interested in a very specific firearm"...blablabla said let me step in the back..."call the police".

Another business owner helped hold the guy there until police arrived, he was trying to sell my gun for $500, wasn't painted or anything.    I hauled ass to the gun shop (30 miles away) and police were outside holding my gun and had the guy in cuffs.  Went to the station and he had already sold my other guns, but they thought they knew where.

On the shitty side, my city's police department had nothing to do with this.  They hadn't even reported the guns as stolen yet, and I called 911 when the shop owner told me to, and the operator told me they were sending my city, and that city's PD to the gun shop.  Neither arrived until the gun shop owner himself called in.
View Quote
Can't wait til he rats out your roommate to the cops.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
People, please. Lock your guns up. A safe costs half as much as an AR build, as much as a good handgun. Buy one already.
View Quote

It's amazing the people on here who get offended when you tell them that a responsible gun owner locks up their guns.

Owns 15 guns worth $600+ .... Can't afford safe.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:39:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Pawnbrokers are FFL's.  If they have a gun in for sale and don't already have the prior seller listed in the A&D book, they're violating federal law.

Pictures are also useless; as has been pointed out that black and yellow stock most likely is going to get painted over, if it hasn't been done already.  Make, model, serial number of stolen guns with a and reward offer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lots of pawn and gun shops in Columbia.  Start making the rounds with pictures of your guns.  With instructions for them to get the ID of the seller.

Pawnbrokers are FFL's.  If they have a gun in for sale and don't already have the prior seller listed in the A&D book, they're violating federal law.

Pictures are also useless; as has been pointed out that black and yellow stock most likely is going to get painted over, if it hasn't been done already.  Make, model, serial number of stolen guns with a and reward offer.

Yeah, because pawn shops never sell stolen goods......

And make, model and serial number is a lot more distinctive to people than that comp on the end of a bolt gun.....

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:41:01 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote
inside job

they are bullshitting you

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Wow dude. Horrible. Thieves are usually local and known to you. My folks have been burgled multiple times in the last few years. It hurts. Don't listen to the people who say let it go. Be proactive. They will rob others.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top