Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 9/16/2014 9:25:24 AM EDT
Hey guys, I don't post here much but I'm trying to get the word out about a robbery that happened while I was away this weekend.  All my guns in the house were stolen, hell, all my valuables period were stolen.  

Here is a picture of my GAP 375 WSM that I would give anything to get back.  It's pretty recognizable so I figured it couldn't hurt:

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:26:28 AM EDT
[#1]
that sucks to hear. the pic is not working for me (could be due to the fact im on my work computer.) FUCK THEIVES!!!

Edit: pic is now working for me.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:26:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn shame, I'll keep an eye out.

I suppose you filed a police report by now?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:27:57 AM EDT
[#3]
If you do FB, post it there and send me a link and I'll tag it to the Nebraska sites.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:28:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry man that sucks big time.  Will keep an eye out.

Did you have a safe?  Alarm system?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:28:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Hope you find him/them and shove that up their ass.  I hate thieves.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:29:45 AM EDT
[#6]
That sucks man, I know the feeling.  Not to hijack,but  anyone sees a Weatherby .300 Weatherby mag with mother of pearl in the stock lemme know.  It was my old mans and was custom built by Weatherby.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:30:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Where abouts in MO OP?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:31:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Bump, fuck thieves.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:34:25 AM EDT
[#9]
bummer. how did they get the safe open?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:35:01 AM EDT
[#10]
That fucking sucks bro.  I hope you get it back.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:35:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Was it in a SAFE?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:36:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where abouts in MO OP?
View Quote

This.

I'm in the SGF area, and visit pawn shops frequently.  If I see it, I'll make it happen.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:39:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Also, for the "ZOMG SAFE" guys, some of us, like myself, can't afford a real safe.

Some of us have gun cabinets, some of us keep a gun or two outside of lock and key for, you know, self defense.

And sometimes, just sometimes, a criminal either can get a locked storage box open because they're pimp, or they happen to know someone who has access.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:41:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Where abouts in MO OP?
View Quote

I am in central MO i can keep an eye out also your picture is not working for me.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:44:03 AM EDT
[#15]
If you are anywhere near STL, I'd cross post this in the IL HTF as well.
I'll keep an eye out in Arkansas for it though.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:46:36 AM EDT
[#16]
You need to take a long hard look at your "friends" and your "friends" "friends".   Someone knew you were gone.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Was it in a SAFE?
View Quote

I second that.
Looks like you had some expensive guns and couldn't afford a safe.
I have a fort knox titan. Not the best but if you can get in, have at it.

Hope you get everything back and press charges to the max....
and buy a safe.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:47:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

You need to take a long hard look at your "friends" and your "friends" "friends".   Someone knew you were gone.
View Quote
This, or a wife/gf post anything on facebook saying you were out of town?  

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:48:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Also, for the "ZOMG SAFE" guys, some of us, like myself, can't afford a real safe.

Some of us have gun cabinets, some of us keep a gun or two outside of lock and key for, you know, self defense.

And sometimes, just sometimes, a criminal either can get a locked storage box open because they're pimp, or they happen to know someone who has access.
View Quote

Sadly this. I'd love to have a big safe, tl-15 rated and fireproof, but I can't afford that. All I can swing is a little Stack On cabinet. It keeps my 3 year old out which is all I pretty much care. The only thing a safe should be for is for fires anyway, fuck thieves.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:49:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:50:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Fucking thieves

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#22]
I told almost no one I was going out of town.  Maybe a few people at most, as it was kinda spur of the moment.

For those asking, NO they were not in a safe.  YES, that was idiotic, but let me explain.  I just graduated college, and am living in the same house as I got a job here.  My parents live 30 minutes away, and I have a buddy with a large safe 30 minutes away.  I brought a few guns back from my parent's safe to put in my buddy's safe the next time I went over there.  

I'm in central Missouri.  I was warned not to post this on facebook as it's a really high likelyhood I know the thieves based upon the facts thusfar, and that posting about the burglary could "spook" them.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#23]
That sucks op.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:54:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  More often than not, it's traced back to someone that knows someone you know.  People talk, and sooner or later one of the people they talk to is a fucking thief.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:00:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I second that.

and buy a safe.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was it in a SAFE?

I second that.

and buy a safe.

You can get a $250 RSC off Amazon and nobody is gonna get that thing is a snatch and grab if you build it up right. 1.5x3.5 on all corners, plywood, bolted down and to a rear wall in a closet. Idea is to prevent tool access and prevent people from getting the container on its back or side.

Also Collectors Insurance is 80 bucks a year for about $12,000 in coverage and they don't require a safe and will cover your ammo and scopes too. Thievery is covered.

Guys, you can't just leave your guns setting out on a stand, uninsured and run off to work. Especially if you have a GAP that you might have 5 thousand bucks in.

ETA:

http://www.collectinsure.com/
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:03:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Customs like that take time and money.  Hope you find it OP
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:07:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Start with your "friends" then the local meth addicts, then move on to the local baby daddies, then on to the local misfit teens. in between check every pawn shop and gun store.  The ammo is too unique and who ever stole it won't want to mess around with acquiring the ammo, I bet it's expensive ammo as well.

Shit heals don't want to spend a lot of money for a unique caliber gun, they won't hold on to it for long, they'll sell it for sure, it looks like it's worth money, and that's what they really want.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:08:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Expensive guns belong in expensive safes.

See what happens when your guns are not in a safe....from a financial standpoint you have put yourself in more of a money hole.

Good luck getting the gun back....
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:08:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You can get a $250 RSC off Amazon and nobody is gonna get that thing is a snatch and grab if you build it up right. 1.5x3.5 on all corners, plywood, bolted down and to a rear wall in a closet. Idea is to prevent tool access and prevent people from getting the container on its back or side.

Also Collectors Insurance is 80 bucks a year for about $12,000 in coverage and they don't require a safe and will cover your ammo and scopes too. Thievery is covered.

Guys, you can't just leave your guns setting out on a stand, uninsured and run off to work. Especially if you have a GAP that you might have 5 thousand bucks in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was it in a SAFE?

I second that.

and buy a safe.

Tell me how you'd get a security deposit back without spending it on bolting it down and then fixing everything when your lease ends or you find a different place.

Safes are great.  They really are.  And if good ones weren't $600 plus, most, if not all of us, would have one.

I'm amazed by the amount of "ZOMG SAFE" people exist on gun boards.  It's almost as if myself, and those who get guns stolen, are the only ones who aren't upper middle class, with no debt, awesome 6 figure jobs, and a supermodel stay at home wife, to boot.  It's almost like in the back of some peoples minds, that, if you own a gun, you should be totally financially secure.

My wife is a teacher, she started late, so a good chunk of her 39K goes to her 401K.  I'm a medically retired vet.  I don't make shit.  Even if I was in the workforce, the reality is that my "skill set" from the military doesn't translate well to the "real world".  I'm kinda like a college grad.  I have a shit ton of knowledge about stuff, but not enough experience to find a non-minimum wage job in the area.  Add to that an 18 month old son, and spending $600+ on something to keep my guns more secure than the closet my son can't open falls under "not justifiable" at this time.

Jesus, a board member lost a freaky looking gun to a fucking piece of shit.  Just keep an eye open and stop harping about safes.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:08:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Yes, I should've had a safe.  House was locked and people were home.  They were quiet enough my roommate and his gf sleeping in their room had no clue until the next time they came out.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:10:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yes, I should've had a safe.  House was locked and people were home.  They were quiet enough my roommate and his gf sleeping in their room had no clue until the next time they came out.
View Quote

I'm willing to bet that one or the other knows something about this.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:10:35 AM EDT
[#32]
id start visiting and calling pawn shops in the area. I bet it shows up some place. Probably with a rattle can paint job
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:11:41 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote
You found your accomplices.....nobody is that quiet.    I feel bad for you OP....

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:11:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:13:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:13:34 AM EDT
[#36]
My guess is that it was either an ex room mate or a tv/cable repair man.  

Costco has a nice safe delivered for 599.00

Quoted:
I told almost no one I was going out of town.  Maybe a few people at most, as it was kinda spur of the moment.

For those asking, NO they were not in a safe.  YES, that was idiotic, but let me explain.  I just graduated college, and am living in the same house as I got a job here.  My parents live 30 minutes away, and I have a buddy with a large safe 30 minutes away.  I brought a few guns back from my parent's safe to put in my buddy's safe the next time I went over there.  

I'm in central Missouri.  I was warned not to post this on facebook as it's a really high likelyhood I know the thieves based upon the facts thusfar, and that posting about the burglary could "spook" them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:13:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

So you don't have a safe then?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was it in a SAFE?

I second that.

and buy a safe.

Tell me how you'd get a security deposit back without spending it on bolting it down and then fixing everything when your lease ends or you find a different place.

Safes are great.  They really are.  And if good ones weren't $600 plus, most, if not all of us, would have one.

I'm amazed by the amount of "ZOMG SAFE" people exist on gun boards.  It's almost as if myself, and those who get guns stolen, are the only ones who aren't upper middle class, with no debt, awesome 6 figure jobs, and a supermodel stay at home wife, to boot.  It's almost like in the back of some peoples minds, that, if you own a gun, you should be totally financially secure.

My wife is a teacher, she started late, so a good chunk of her 39K goes to her 401K.  I'm a medically retired vet.  I don't make shit.  Even if I was in the workforce, the reality is that my "skill set" from the military doesn't translate well to the "real world".  I'm kinda like a college grad.  I have a shit ton of knowledge about stuff, but not enough experience to find a non-minimum wage job in the area.  Add to that an 18 month old son, and spending $600+ on something to keep my guns more secure than the closet my son can't open falls under "not justifiable" at this time.

Jesus, a board member lost a freaky looking gun to a fucking piece of shit.  Just keep an eye open and stop harping about safes.

So you don't have a safe then?

Well, you could take it on my word that most of my long guns are stored in a locking stack-on.

Or, you could come find out.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote
Hmmmm roommate huh.  

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You found your accomplices.....nobody is that quiet.    I feel bad for you OP....  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

QFT
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:14:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:15:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Are you inviting me over?

I have some imitation crab meat I can bring with me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, you could take it on my word that most of my long guns are stored in a locking stack-on.

Or, you could come find out.

Are you inviting me over?

I have some imitation crab meat I can bring with me.

I have LGB.

Match made in heaven.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:16:19 AM EDT
[#42]
I insured all my guns.

I had to give usaa all my serials

[peek]

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:17:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I could afford a GP rifle...............or a safe.  Guess which one I chose?

Security is layers.  If my alarm goes off, and someone has time to dick with my safe, my firearms instructor neighbor will gladly ventilate them.  Then the only concern would be purchasing beer, bourbon,  and brisket for the reward.

I have seen this plan in action a few times with strange cars in the driveway or from forgetting to close a gate.  Very observant.........

To kill the suspense, I bought a very nice safe, and a Remington 700. I thought that someday I would send the Rem off to GP for some treatment.  The gun is a fucking tackdriver and I haven't been able to shoot out the barrel.  

I also priced insurance.  This factored in to the quality of safe I bought, and the countermeasures.  Insurance is not cheap.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry OP, this is hard to believe.

If there is an investigation, it should start with these two people.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:22:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Hey OP, you have a serial number for your rifle?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:24:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
id start visiting and calling pawn shops in the area. I bet it shows up some place. Probably with a rattle can paint job
View Quote

No doubt about it.  That color scheme is under at least 2 coats of black krylon by now.  Probably barrel and scope too.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:25:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you're in COMO?  Hit the gun shops around town with a pic, they're good guys and will keep an eye out.  You might get lucky and they'll hit Bass Pro or Black Rifle trying to figure out what they've got.

And buy a safe.  When I was a broke-arse MIZZOU student living in a rental I had a bolted down safe in my duplex.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:27:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:30:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You're kidding, right?

If you want your guns and valuables back, start beating your roommate and his gf until they tell you where they are or who they sold them to.

Seriously.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're kidding, right?

If you want your guns and valuables back, start beating your roommate and his gf until they tell you where they are or who they sold them to.

Seriously.  

Like the second panel?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top