Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 42
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:00:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd love to see a movie covering Obi-Wan between III and IV; he's hiding from the Empire, running into (onto?) Ventress and fighting mercs like Cad Bane.
View Quote

Cad Bane would be a good character to add in.

Ventress and Obi Wan XXX spin off

Darth Maul is still alive too.

Vader wanted to find Obi Wan but never could. Though lots of remaining Jedi tried to take Vader out. They all got cut down pretty easily.

Of course this is all from the comics, 20 years of EU history that mostly didn't happen. Only if it was in the Clone Wars animated series and the last set of Darth Maul comics is the only "legit" history now...
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:09:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Start from the origin of Sith & Jedi the 1000's of years prior.
View Quote

I'd settle for seeing the Darth Bane trilogy made into movies.

I know they declared all that as non-canon but you have to explain the Rule of Two somehow, and that's the best reason I've seen so far.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:14:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I know they declared all that as non-canon but you have to explain the Rule of Two somehow, and that's the best reason I've seen so far.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The clone wars animated series is canon and he is in there and he talks to Yoda about the rule of two. So it was partially covered so it still survives in this Disney monopoly.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:19:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The clone wars animated series is canon and he is in there and he talks to Yoda about the rule of two. So it was partially covered so it still survives in this Disney monopoly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Rule of Two is at least 1,000 years BBY, is Darth Bane a Force Ghost that he talks to Yoda around 20 BBY?
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:28:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The Rule of Two is at least 1,000 years BBY, is Darth Bane a Force Ghost that he talks to Yoda around 20 BBY?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, he goes to Moribad (I know, wrong name but they changed it and didn't explain why) on a quest to face his fears and pass a test to continue his training to manifest his physical form after death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkoAb9cFulI
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:33:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Jedi didnt destroy all of this holocrux's so he isnt really dead.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:36:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes, he goes to Moribad (I know, wrong name but they changed it and didn't explain why) on a quest to face his fears and pass a test to continue his training to manifest his physical form after death.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they explained it as "Countries names change all the time in history, so why not with planets." I believe they were trying to go with the whole France = Gaul sort of thing with it.

Or I could be wrong and Disney is now staffed by clones of George Lucas.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Omg... all this backstory bs is for gossipy women. Can we please just get back to a damn war in the stars. No more phaggoty droid soldiers or clones. Just storm troopers and rebel scum fighting it out and toss in some AT-AT and AT-ST battles. I don't care who loved who or who made babies with who. I want some G-damn awesome battles on land and in space between some bad-ass villains and some tough Jedi. Fuck.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:53:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Disney killed the EU.... Rouge Squadron, Wraith Squadron, Fel and the 181st Imperial Fighter Wing never happened... also no Vong Invasion and the death of Chewie and Drunk Han never happened.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:02:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Killing the EU was a good move, it's garbage.

Killing 1-3 would have been even better, those are steaming mounds of shit.

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:37:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Disney killed the EU.... Rouge Squadron, Wraith Squadron, Fel and the 181st Imperial Fighter Wing never happened... also no Vong Invasion and the death of Chewie and Drunk Han never happened.
View Quote

And no Vader 2.0 in the form of Han's son, either!

The Legacy of the Force series honestly threw me for a loop due to how contrived and fucked up it was.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Knights of the Old Republic could make for some badass movies.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The Legacy of the Force series honestly threw me for a loop due to how contrived and fucked up it was.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

A lot of the EU was great, some was fucked up. I figured it all out.

The EU was awesome whe  it didn't focus ofln the Force or Jedi. If it was just the Rebel Alliance/New Republic fighting the Empire it rocked.

I hate the Jedi in Starwars and love everything else.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:34:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:31:03 PM EDT
[#16]
New leaks:

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
New leaks:

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote

They went with the Dark Empire storyline, didn't they?

God-fucking-damnit, that entire storyline pretty much cheapened the value of Anakin's sacrifice.

What these leaks sound like are almost a carbon copy from that comic series.

Oh well, at least we'll probably get to see the Eclipse in action.

ETA: Of course, we are talking about the guy that helped direct Ep.6, and he was notorious for misinformation.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:56:57 PM EDT
[#18]

The God-damned Batman?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They should just stop.

Really.
View Quote

Or do something completely unrelated set in the same "universe"  I guess u could say. Where possibly some main character's actions might cross through the plot to establish time frame etc. We all love the "universe" that these movies revolve around but the story we have been told is completely freaken done.

I wouldn't mind seeing a movie from the Empires perspective. Not the Emperor or Vader but maybe a storm trooper or pilot someone who has nothing to do with the light or dark side bullshit nor would really have a grasp of it. History is always so one sided and other than their leaders being scumbags there is a story to be told.

How many leaders in history rallied armies who thought they were doing whats right etc
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:39:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
New leaks:

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote

Replies inside
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

New leaks:

Click To View Spoiler

The most dreaded villain in the galaxy from the original trilogy, Darth Vader, may be back in "Star Wars 7." According to a report by LatinoReview Darth Vader will feature briefly in the upcoming movie to bring a new villain into the overall storyline.

Villain #2: Sith Inquisition

In the same report, the main villain in "Star Wars 7" is revealed to be a Sith Inquisitor. The character is said to have been working for Darth Vader. The main role of this villain, and people in his organisation, is to hunt down all the remaining Jedi in the galaxy.

Villain #3: Sith Apprentice

Fans of the franchise know there are always two Sith, a master and an apprentice. According to another report by LatinoReview, two old students of Darth Sidious will feature in the movie. The apprentice is said to gain power over his master very quickly in the movie.

Villain #4: Darth Sidious

Although there are many villains that may feature in "Star Wars 7," the main villain working behind the scenes may be Darth Sidious. According to this report by LatinoReview, the emperor may have survived the fall towards the end of the first trilogy.

Villain #5: Son Of Skywalker

According to a report by ThisIsInfamous, Luke Skywalker is being seduced by the dark side. The presence of the emperor in the movie may have something to do with this. The character is said to have been changed towards the end of the movie "in a bad way," even though he is seen as a saviour.

The other cast members in "Star Wars" 7 who will be reprising their role in the movie are Harrison Ford as Han Solo and Carrie Fisher as Leia. Mark Hamill will be reprising his role as Luke Skywalker. Some of the other cast members include Adam Driver, Gwendoline Christie, Lupita Nyong'o, Andy Serkis, Daisy Ridley and John Boyega.

Is declaring a Fatwa a COC violation?

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:48:09 PM EDT
[#22]
I just can't see this movies, or should I say series of movies being any good. A pure cash cow.

Star Wars was the tragic story of Anikan Skywalker. It's been told to completion, done.

The only way these new movies would really work is if they focus on a completely different set of characters, keep the bulk of the EU continuity intact and leave the original story as a foundation but not the point of the movie....
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:08:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The God-damned Batman?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The God-damned Batman?

There's been a back-and-forth Twitter response war between JJ and Zach Snyder. We'll probably see something from Snyder responding to it this week.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:14:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Fucking jedi JBT's.  

Hates them, Precious.
View Quote

That one made me LOL
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:51:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Replies inside
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
New leaks:

Click To View Spoiler

Replies inside

Like I said, it looks like they're replicating the Dark Empire storyline, almost word for word.

So much for Disney throwing out the EU completely.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:56:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Like I said, it looks like they're replicating the Dark Empire storyline, almost word for word.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
New leaks:

Click To View Spoiler

Replies inside

I am gonna have to get the Dark Times (opps) Dark Empire Omnibus...

If they are gonna tell stories that have been told already then do some of the great stories...

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:58:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
New leaks:

Click To View Spoiler

Replies inside

Don't make much of it... I seriously doubt the validity of the leak. If they wanted to do missinformation, what better than to use existing material. We probably won't get much info with the first teaser, but I'm expecting one before Christmas, a bigger teaser with The Avengers II, and a full trailer with Maybe Ant-Man or The Jungle Book.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:03:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Hopefully. But if it does end up being that, I'm seriously considering not going to see it.

I mean, hell, if they did the Vong Invasions correctly I'd be alright with it, just no more eternal Skywalker v. Sidious wanking.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:19:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hopefully. But if it does end up being that, I'm seriously considering not going to see it.

I mean, hell, if they did the Vong Invasions correctly I'd be alright with it, just no more eternal Skywalker v. Sidious wanking.
View Quote

Right! Played out!

I'd actually really like to see them do Boba Fett and the Ghost Ship. Done right and that could be an awesome movie. I read that comic to my kids all the time
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Great thread.  Excited for the movie here.

I like what I have seen from JJ so far.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#33]
For those who have read the novels and fan fiction since the 70's/80's the stand alone may not make much sense. To Disney, the money will be with those who have no idea any of that exists.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:25:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

God-fucking-damnit, that entire storyline pretty much cheapened the value of Anakin's sacrifice.

ETA: Of course, we are talking about the guy that helped direct Ep.6, and he was notorious for misinformation.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

New leaks:

Click To View Spoiler

Even though Disney stated that the EU is dead and is no longer officially canon.

It would be awesome to see the Eclipse lay waste to shit.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote
That would be fucking awesome.... Especially seeing the Imperial Remnant with Grand Admiral Pellaeon running the show.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#38]

Title of J.J. Abrams' upcoming 'Star Wars: Episode VII' revealed as
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens;' Walt Disney says principal photography
now complete - @DisneyPictures

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 2:21:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Title of J.J. Abrams' upcoming 'Star Wars: Episode VII' revealed as 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens;' Walt Disney says principal photography now complete - @DisneyPictures

Star Wars IX: The Dark (Jedi) Knight
Star Wars X: The Dark (Jedi) Knight Rises

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#40]
http://www.slashfilm.com/j-j-abrams-star-wars-trailer-friday/
AZ PHOENIX HARKINS TEMPE MARKETPLACE
CA LOS ANGELES AMC CENTURY CITY
CA LOS ANGELES Indep EL CAPITAN
CA IRVINE REGAL SPECTRUM IRVINE 21
CA SAN FRANCISCO AMC METERON 16
CA SAN JOSE CINEMARK OAKRIDGE 20
CA SAN DIEGO REGAL MIRA MESA 18
CAN TORONTO CPX YOUNGE & DUNDAS
CAN VANCOUVER CPX RIVERPORT
CO DENVER AMC WESTMINSTER 24
DC WASH D.C AMC TYSONS CORNER 16
FL MIAMI CARMIKE PARISIAN 20
GA ATLANTA REGAL ATLANTIC STATION
IL CHICAGO REGAL CITY NORTH
MA BOSTON AMC BOSTON COMMONS 19
MI DETROIT CINEMARK SHOWCASE 20
MN MINNEAPOLIS AMC SOUTHDALE
MO KANSAS CITY AMC STUDIO 30
NY NEW YORK AMC LINCOLN SQUARE 12
NY NEW YORK REGAL UNION SQAURE
OH CLEVELAND CINEMARK CINEMARK 24
PA PHILADELPHIA REGAL WARRINGTON 22
TN NASHVILLE CARMIKE THOROUGHBRED 20
TN KNOXVILLE REGAL PINNACLE
TX DALLAS CINEMARK PLANO 20
TX HOSTON REGAL MARQ*E STADIUM 23
TX AUSTIN ALAMO ALAMO S LAMAR
UT SALT LAKE CITY CINEMARK CINEMARK 24 WJ
WA SEATTLE REGAL THORNTON PLACE 14
WI MILWAUKEE MARCUS BROOKFIELD 16

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:33:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Fack.  None really near me.  How long till someone cams it on the web?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

It'll be released as a regular trailer next week.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:00:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This may either make it or break it for me to see it in the theater.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:22:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Eh I'd rather not. His story had been done there is no need to expand on it.
View Quote

I completely disagree. Look at Obama, he's pretty much done, but his story arc just keeps on giving.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:58:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Will  Star Wars ever go away?
View Quote

Its going to outlive you LOL.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:05:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'd love to see a movie covering Obi-Wan between III and IV; he's hiding from the Empire, running into (onto?) Ventress and fighting mercs like Cad Bane.
View Quote

Ventress is cool.  The only Sith woman worth a fuck and has a history.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:23:11 AM EDT
[#47]
For those wanting a back story on palpatine, it's kind of explained in small detail in episode III. I know a lot didn't watch it but it's one of the coolest parts of the movie.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:54:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Anyone want to meet up at the Tyson's Corner AMC on Black Friday? I still haven't seen Interstellar in IMAX and I might as well do it then!
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:08:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Auuroa Sing is another but got more play in the comics then the tv show.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#50]
IT'S HERE: NVM it's fake.

Page / 42
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top