Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 42
Posted: 9/15/2014 12:54:57 AM EDT
New Trailer!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE

Confirmed! Tickets on sale October 19th, Trailer as well!!! Poster on Sunday!!!
http://www.slashfilm.com/force-awakens-trailer-release-confirmed-for-october-19th/

Our old buddy Germain Lussier at io9 did some digging and has heard from multiple sources that The Force Awakens hype machine will warm up with an official poster release on Sunday, October 18th. Reportedly the new poster will feature the official logo for the movie as well.
But the poster is just the beginning as a new The Force Awakens trailer will reportedly arrive on October 19th sometime around 8pm Eastern time.
Finally, shortly after the release of the new trailer, tickets will go on sale around 8:30pm Eastern.
Tickets available for purchase will be for shows beginning at 7pm on December 17th, and you’ll be able to buy tickets for showtimes up through January 3rd.

----------

SPOILERS!
http://youtu.be/CTNJ51ghzdY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fMx670jOnw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs

Trailer
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 12:57:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Eh I'd rather not. His story had been done there is no need to expand on it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 12:59:34 AM EDT
[#2]
They should just stop.

Really.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:00:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They should just stop.

Really.
View Quote

No Disney is going to hold you down and gang rape the shit out of your childhood.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:00:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:01:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

This^

The prequels were not just about the origin of Vader, but also Obi Wan as well.  I don't see the need.

Yoda would be a better choice as long as the silly dialogue of speaking in backwards sentences was not overdone.  Even the origin of Palpatine would be better.

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:06:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This^

The prequels were not just about the origin of Vader, but also Obi Wan as well.  I don't see the need.

Yoda would be a better choice as long as the silly dialogue of speaking in backwards sentences was not overdone.  Even the origin of Palpatine would be better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This^

I don't think we need origin stories. They need to move forward with the series not look to the past. I would be ok with Han Solo and Bobba Fett spin offs. Not origin stories but spin offs. If people want origin stories they should get into the Expanded Univerese even though Disney declared it non cannon for some stupid reason.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:11:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don't think we need origin stories. They need to move forward with the series not look to the past. I would be ok with Han Solo and Bobba Fett spin offs. Not origin stories but spin offs. If people want origin stories they should get into the Expanded Univerese even though Disney declared it non cannon for some stupid reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This^

Easy this concept is. Make copious amounts of money off of rewriting it, they will.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:13:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Easy this concept is. Make copious amounts of money off of rewriting it, they will.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This^

And they will fail and it will all suck.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:13:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Obi Wan is badass. I'd go see it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:14:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Start from the origin of Sith & Jedi the 1000's of years prior.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:16:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Will  Star Wars ever go away?
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:18:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Hopefully they will make Obi-Wan a homosexual or a droidosexual.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:20:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Dearth Bane would be a badass movie!
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:21:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

He never existed, all EU never happened. You can thank Disney for wanting to be able to rewrite everything so they can make as much cash as possible.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:22:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

He never existed, all EU never happened. You can thank Disney for wanting to be able to rewrite everything so they can make as much cash as possible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:29:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This^

Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:43:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No I believe he was in the Clone Wars animated series season 6. So his story should still stand.

I would love to see "The Force Unleashed" as a stand alone. Or "Dawn if the Jedi" I think could be pretty awesome.

But in essence, all Star Wars is was a story about the tragedy of Anikan Skywalker. I think they should focus on the 20 plus years between III and IV, when Darth Vader is making a name for himself and being constantly berated by the Emperor.

"Lost Command", the "Ninth Assassin" and a few other Vader centric titles would be perfect.

If not that then I would like to see Qui Gon Jin coming up.

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:57:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No I believe he was in the Clone Wars animated series season 6. So his story should still stand.

I would love to see "The Force Unleashed" as a stand alone. Or "Dawn if the Jedi" I think could be pretty awesome.

But in essence, all Star Wars is was a story about the tragedy of Anikan Skywalker. I think they should focus on the 20 plus years between III and IV, when Darth Vader is making a name for himself and being constantly berated by the Emperor.

"Lost Command", the "Ninth Assassin" and a few other Vader centric titles would be perfect.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Qui Gon I can agree on. His past is very secretive and if you read into somethings he treads a thin line between light and darkside. He was more of a grey Jedi than pure Jedi or Sith.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:59:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Bring back Jar Jar Binks!
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:59:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Star Wars purists can shampoo my crotch!
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 2:11:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Everyone already knows that obi wan spent 20 years on tattooing fucking jawas in the ass.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 2:41:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No Disney is going to hold you down and gang rape the shit out of your childhood.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They should just stop.

Really.

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 2:50:39 AM EDT
[#23]
As long as that poofter that cast as Lil' Darth isn't in it, it should be fine.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:07:12 AM EDT
[#24]
<<<<<<<-----Avatar
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:33:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Qui Gon I can agree on. His past is very secretive and if you read into somethings he treads a thin line between light and darkside. He was more of a grey Jedi than pure Jedi or Sith.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't know if you ever read any of the Dark Horse comics but yeah, I remember one story where he and Obi Wan boarded a ship and everyone on it was trying to double cross and kill each other. Qui Gon did his job and knowingly left the bomb in place. When Obi Won remembered, "KaBOOM". Qui Gon said something about the will of the force

He also has a story titled, Dark Jedi which is on my digital list but haven't read yet.

I don't think Yoda should be done, I mean he is 900 years old, that's a can of worms you don't want to open. Plus I can only see it diluting his character more.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:37:25 AM EDT
[#26]
This............I'd like to see more of Vader's exploits

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:39:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And if you read Darth Plagueis, you'll see that both Sidious and his master were deathly afraid of him, due to the fact that he might of been the only one to prevent Anakin from going full darkside.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:43:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

And if you read Darth Plagueis, you'll see that both Sidious and his master were deathly afraid of him, due to the fact that he might of been the only one to prevent Anakin from going full darkside.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never read the novels, just the comics. Please expand
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:47:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Spoiler:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:48:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Spoiler:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Na, he just becomes more powerful then he could imagine
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:50:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Is there any other blander character in the Star Wars universe?  He's practically Jedi C-3P0 to Anakin's R2D2 in the prequels, a prissy little kill joy who can't rein in his rambunctious charge.  That his atrocious abilities as a Jedi master in failing to spot basic character flaws in his padawan, which then dooms the Republic, is just icing on his FAIL cake.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:51:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Basically the book is about Palpatine's Sith Master, Darth Plagueis, and Palp's story beginning from being a spoiled, obnoxious teenager with a hunger for power and a talent for violence, into a full fledged maniacal Sith Lord. It also explains how the Force created Anakin when Sidious and Plaguies were fucking around trying to create the perfect Sith Warrior. In the novel, Plaguies sees Qui-Gon talking to Anakin on Coruscant. (The man was killed right before Palpatine's ascension to the Chancellorship) and realizes that Qui-Gon, with his highly unorthodox ways, would be the only one keeping Anakin on the side of the Jedi.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:51:35 AM EDT
[#33]
All this bitching. Just wait until Disney combines zombies into the star wars saga.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Is there any other blander character in the Star Wars universe?  He's practically Jedi C-3P0 to Anakin's R2D2 in the prequels, a prissy little kill joy who can't rein in his rambunctious charge.  That his atrocious abilities as a Jedi master in failing to spot basic character flaws in his padawan, which then dooms the Republic, is just icing on his FAIL cake.
View Quote

I would say he knew them and Yoda knew all of that. Hell, Yoda knew he would become Darth Vader but he knew he couldn't intervene. He was the chosen one, it had to play out.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:55:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I know the idea of non-space opera/sci-fi genre Star Wars films have been thrown around by fans since Disney bought Lucasfilm. I'm thinking this easily be a Man With No Name-esque style Space Western, just like with the Boba Fett movie, you could have a Bourne like thriller/action film. Just an observation as his character does fit with that idea in that time.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:55:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
All this bitching. Just wait until Disney combines zombies into the star wars saga.
View Quote

Neva been dun befo!

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Basically the book is about Palpatine's Sith Master, Darth Plagueis, and Palp's story beginning from being a spoiled, obnoxious teenager with a hunger for power and a talent for violence, into a full fledged maniacal Sith Lord. It also explains how the Force created Anakin when Sidious and Plaguies were fucking around trying to create the perfect Sith Warrior. In the novel, Plaguies sees Qui-Gon talking to Anakin on Coruscant. (The man was killed right before Palpatine's ascension to the Chancellorship) and realizes that Qui-Gon, with his highly unorthodox ways, would be the only one keeping Anakin on the side of the Jedi.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very interesting, and then Qui Gin got cut down and hadn't mustered the ability to talk through the force until it was too late...
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:04:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I would say he knew them and Yoda knew all of that. Hell, Yoda knew he would become Darth Vader but he knew he couldn't intervene. He was the chosen one, it had to play out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is never really expanded on in the movies.  Lots of "Chosen one who brings balance to the Force" mumbo-jumbo but they still fight against the Sith.  If it's all pre-ordained, why even get up in the morning?  Why fight the Clone War?  Why still train younglings if you're just going to roll over to destiny?
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:04:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Will  Star Wars ever go away?
View Quote

Ban him
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

This is never really expanded on in the movies.  Lots of "Chosen one who brings balance to the Force" mumbo-jumbo but they still fight against the Sith.  If it's all pre-ordained, why even get up in the morning?  Why fight the Clone War?  Why still train younglings if you're just going to roll over to destiny?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, but Yoda didn't even know the full extent until The Clone Wars season 6. The last 3 episodes are all about Yoda and him starting his training to learn how to commune in his physical form after death. Which plays into the end of III and how Obi Won is able to manifest himself after struck down.

In the last episode Yoda has a series of quick visions that show a quick down fall of the Jedi Order and rise of Darth Vader.

Sure he still tries but he knew it was coming.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:09:12 AM EDT
[#41]
A sith origins story would be badass!  Other than that they need to focus on the future.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:10:39 AM EDT
[#42]
I would rather see how darth sidious came to be.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:11:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Who else killed a Sith and didnt turn to the dark side later?  

Obi-Wan is a bad ass, but im not sure more needs to be explained.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:15:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
A sith origins story would be badass!  Other than that they need to focus on the future.
View Quote

The Sith Origin would be irrelevant I think, their was always a light side and a dark side and those that trended one way or the other. Really, the Dawn of the Jedi kind of covers that to a degree. But I think where you were going with that was when the "Rule of Two" transpired. That would be interesting, the lead up and the slaughter.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#45]
There's a new novel coming out next year that is about Obi-Wan on Tatooine between ep 3 and 4.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:36:03 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

The Sith Origin would be irrelevant I think, their was always a light side and a dark side and those that trended one way or the other. Really, the Dawn of the Jedi kind of covers that to a degree. But I think where you were going with that was when the "Rule of Two" transpired. That would be interesting, the lead up and the slaughter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That was Darth Bane's little contribution.

Nick

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:38:50 AM EDT
[#47]
I'd love to see a movie covering Obi-Wan between III and IV; he's hiding from the Empire, running into (onto?) Ventress and fighting mercs like Cad Bane.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:51:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Fucking jedi JBT's.

Hates them, Precious.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:57:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Sith origins goes back thousands of years. There is too much information for anything other than another trilogy or a tv show like the clone wars.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:59:06 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
The Sith origins goes back thousands of years. There is too much information for anything other than another trilogy or a tv show like the clone wars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, twist my arm

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 42
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top