Quoted:
Now you've done it . . .  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely, we need to nominate candidates with strong conservative values that will appeal to the Republican Party Base, energize them, and get them to the polls; rather than to look to scrape up an insignificant handful of libertarian voters by pandering to liberals and social progressives.

Difficult to energize senior citizens.
Now you've done it . . .  

Yes, but what he has done to his own political bona-fides isn't very pretty.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Fuck the whiny ass "youth". They are what's wrong with this country.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Talk of expanding freedom is an easy sell to younger folk.

If the youth were so impressed with liberty they would have pulled or Johnson or Romney. They didn't, They don't want liberty, they just want free shit or the promise of free shit.
Don't forget to keep telling the youth to "get off my lawn" as you slag them for not living up to your standards about what "liberty" is after you have pulled the lever for a non-pro-liberty guy such as Romney. Romney never offered the message of "liberty." Neither did McCain.

Surely, your guy will win if you keep doing that. It's "worked" for you for eight years, now, hasn't it?

Look in the mirror, Republicans. Stop doing stupid shit. We libertarian-minded independents are begging you.

True or not, without their vote you are not winning the Presidency or controlling the Senate.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:43:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

True or not, without their vote you are not winning the Presidency or controlling the Senate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the youth were so impressed with liberty they would have pulled or Johnson or Romney. They didn't, They don't want liberty, they just want free shit or the promise of free shit.
Don't forget to keep telling the youth to "get off my lawn" as you slag them for not living up to your standards about what "liberty" is after you have pulled the lever for a non-pro-liberty guy such as Romney. Romney never offered the message of "liberty." Neither did McCain.

Surely, your guy will win if you keep doing that. It's "worked" for you for eight years, now, hasn't it?

Look in the mirror, Republicans. Stop doing stupid shit. We libertarian-minded independents are begging you.

Then let it burn. I'm not going to compromise my morals to appease some snot nosed dope smoking pieces of shit.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:43:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I think Libertarians should vote for Libertarian candidates.

It's how they express themselves.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:46:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Johnson never got his message out and overall wasn't a very strong candidate.  Romney wasn't a strong candidate either, he didn't do anything great and his debate performance against Obama was mediocre at best.  Ron Paul does a great job getting the youth to vote and I would argue he is very pro liberty.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:47:25 PM EDT
[#6]
It really does not matter in my state because we have a jungle primary. If the top vote getter does not get 50% of the vote the he/she goes into a runoff with the #2 vote getter. So the main thing to do is not vote for dem in the primary, and then when the dem does not get 50% and makes the runoff that is when you have to hold your nose and vote for the repub.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Louisiana,_2014
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:54:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Johnson never got his message out and overall wasn't a very strong candidate.  Romney wasn't a strong candidate either, he didn't do anything great and his debate performance against Obama was mediocre at best.  Ron Paul does a great job getting the youth to vote and I would argue he is very pro liberty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

After learning that Ron Paul was winning by a country mile in every internet poll and leading the pack in every state caucus and primary; I was amazed that he didn't win even a single primary election.

Do I sense another moneybomb?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:54:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted: Then let it burn. I'm not going to compromise my morals to appease some snot nosed dope smoking pieces of shit.
View Quote

And there it is, your position is come over to my side or let it burn!  All the while criticizing those that hold the same line but have different views for not accepting your candidate.  Tell you what when things start flaming up, I'll bring some marshmallows and you can tell me how great things were in the "good ole days".
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And there it is, your position is come over to my side or let it burn!  All the while criticizing those that hold the same line but have different views for not accepting your candidate.  Tell you what when things start flaming up, I'll bring some marshmallows and you can tell me how great things were in the "good ole days".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: Then let it burn. I'm not going to compromise my morals to appease some snot nosed dope smoking pieces of shit.

...and you are saying "put up liberal candidates or let it burn".

Hypocrite.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:58:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

This, I don't know what all the fuss is about complaining about Republicans.  If y'all hate them, then by all means vote Libertarian.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:08:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This, I don't know what all the fuss is about complaining about Republicans.  If y'all hate them, then by all means vote Libertarian.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...and if you want Republicans to behave in a certain way, work hard to elect Republicans that behave in that certain way.

It takes hard work and money.  

If you haven't busted your ass and devoted lots of time and money to elect a candidate to your liking -stop whining about it, I think American Idol is coming on...
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:21:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Throwing hippies and whack jobs up there has worked for the Libertarian party how many times?

Oh that's right. It hasn't.

Convince me to vote for your candidate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't forget to keep telling the youth to "get off my lawn" as you slag them for not living up to your standards about what "liberty" is after you have pulled the lever for a non-pro-liberty guy such as Romney.  

Throwing hippies and whack jobs up there has worked for the Libertarian party how many times?

Oh that's right. It hasn't.

Convince me to vote for your candidate.
Who's a Libertarian, as in the party?

Did you have a point, other than to avoid the one I made?

Ok, I'll "get off your lawn," and with pleasure.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:23:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL.

If the few Rs here who are still able to think want to see who you need to shun, start with guys like this. They ensure that your party will have no future.

"HIllary! In a LANDSLIDE!!!!"
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:23:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hypocrite.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hypocrite.

Guess it depends how you define "liberal candidates".  I don't want to spread democracy to foreign lands, finance the continuation of the failed War on Drugs, or have the federal government spy on me.  If that makes me a liberal and my candidate a liberal candidate then so be it.

As far being a hypocrite, I held my nose and voted for your shitty candidates in 2008 and 2012.  At what point do you realize the same old same isn't working anymore and a change is needed?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:24:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now you've done it.

And "get off their lawn."
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:25:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Hypocrite.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hypocrite.
LOL.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

...and if you want Republicans to behave in a certain way, work hard to elect Republicans that behave in that certain way.

If you haven't busted your ass and devoted lots of time and money to elect a candidate to your liking -stop whining about it, I think American Idol is coming on...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you had been paying attention, you would know that the GOP is doing it's best to ensure that "candidates to our liking" do no get elected.  Mississippi is case and point.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:26:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Guess it depends how you define "liberal candidates".  I don't want to spread democracy to foreign lands, finance the continuation of the failed War on Drugs, or have the federal government spy on me.  If that makes me a liberal and my candidate a liberal candidate then so be it.

As far being a hypocrite, I held my nose and voted for your shitty candidates in 2008 and 2012.  At what point do you realize the same old same isn't working anymore and a change is needed?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hypocrite.

Oh, now you've really done it.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:28:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

They do.  And are insignificant.

Yet we have these threads full of Republicans obsessed with what they're doing anyway.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:35:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hypocrite.

I held my nose too. The difference is that I want a more conservative candidate, and your kind wants a more liberal one.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:46:20 PM EDT
[#21]
J
Quoted:

I held my nose too. The difference is that I want a more conservative candidate, and your kind wants a more liberal one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hypocrite.

My kind wants one that spends less money and shrinks federal government power.  Face it, in some ways you are very comfortable with Big Government, just as long as you agree with it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:50:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hypocrite.

If "conservative" means "intolerant," you are right.

If "conservative" means "pro-liberty," you are the opposite of that.

The R party needs to choose one path or the other.

The choice it makes may not be the one it traditionally has made. Unless it wants to keep losing, anyway, and blaming libertarians for having lost, as per SOP.

Is the R party the party of liberty, or is it not? That is a message that sells.

Currently, the R party is not that. It is the party of "get off my lawn" and (in your opinion) "god does not approve."

That is a message that repels.

Choose wisely, GOPers. Choose wisely. The future of my country depends on your choice.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:18:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Why don't you just vote democrat?

You will NEVER find a politician that will shrink government.

Here you go again with the God stuff.

I don't need God to tell me drugs are bad for society.
I don't need God to tell me killing babies is wrong.
I don't need God to tell me that gays are unnatural.
I don't need God to tell me that we need to seal our borders to remain safe.
I don't need God to tell me that we need to come to the aid of those in need.

I could go on.

Sell your bullshit to someone else.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:20:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bush tried to shrink it in one of the most important ways:  Ending people's reliance on social security by allowing for private investment towards retirement.

He got dragged over the coals for it by both parties.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Bush tried to shrink it in one of the most important ways:  Ending people's reliance on social security by allowing for private investment towards retirement.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my point. Once you give up power to the government, you will never get it back.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:23:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If you had been paying attention, you would know that the GOP is doing it's best to ensure that "candidates to our liking" do no get elected.  Mississippi is case and point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unseating an incumbent isn't easy.  

If you want to win, you must work hard.

How much time and money have YOU donated?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:25:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This is my point. Once you give up power to the government, you will never get it back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In that case, why vote?  If that is what you believe, casting a vote implies support for continued government control over what they're already into.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:26:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

In that case, why vote?  If that is what you believe, casting a vote implies support for continued government control over what they're already into.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because I'd rather have Republicans hoarding power than Democrats.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:35:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Especially when the GOP or incumbent is paying Democrats to vote for them in the primary.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:35:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I could go on.

View Quote
You seem to know barbecue, so I am trying to cut you some slack.

But I do not believe you that your version of god is not what drives you to so much hate and disdain for so many.

I just do not believe you.

If this version of god is what drives you, you might as well vote D, because your kind is what is driving the R party to perpetual irrelevance.

Whom do you hate more: those evil "sodomites" who may agree with you on so many issues and all the people who distrust your hate of those "sodomites" who may agree with you on so many issues, or the Ds, who disagree with you on all issues?

Sooner than you would like, you will have to choose one or the other. Or, you could keep blaming libertarians until the day you die for all your party's losses. You can run from the world as it is for only so long.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:37:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Especially when the GOP or incumbent is paying Democrats to vote for them in the primary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OMMFG, now you have really, really, really done it.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:40:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

But I do not believe you that your version of god is not what drives you to so much hate and disdain for so many.

If this version of god is what drives you, you might as well vote D, because your kind is what is driving the R party to perpetual irrelevance.

Whom do you hate more: those evil "sodomites" who may agree with you on so many issues and all the people who distrust your hate of those "sodomites" who may agree with you on so many issues, or the Ds, who disagree with you on all issues?

Sooner than you would like, you will have to choose one or the other. Or, you could keep blaming libertarians until the day you die for all your party's losses. You can run from the world as it is for only so long.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could go on.

You give me too much credit. I'm a crappy Christian.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Strive not to be such a good Democrat.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:48:26 PM EDT
[#35]
a vote for Rand is a vote in the direction of the Libertarian ideal
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:48:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Strive not to be such a good Democrat.
View Quote

Not even going to waste my time with this one.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:51:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I could go on.

View Quote

Democrats do not represent my views any better than Republicans.  

As far as your other points,

Drugs are indeed bad for society, but what has the Gov accomplished on stopping drug use? NOTHING, how much money has been wasted? about 30 Billion Dollars.

Abortion is a losing issue, plain and simple.  I support state efforts to limit it, but if it were ever successfully outlawed, a whole new set of issues would pop up that would also be a losing issue.

Homosexuality is sometimes seen in nature outside of humans.  Calling it unnatural is a stretch.  But honestly why do you care?  It is not like it is contagious.

How do we seal 7500 miles of border and 95,000 miles of shoreline?  Why don't we just take away any benefit for people to come here, except low wage jobs?  Hell of a lot easier and cheaper too!

I'm fine with YOU or others coming to the aid of those in need, as long as you are not using my tax dollars.  I want to be allowed to make the choice where my money gets spent.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:52:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Maybe "good Democrat" is not the right phrase.

"Effective Democrat" might be better?

I'm begging you: strive not to be such an effective Democrat by driving so many screaming away from your party.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:53:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Republicans are better than Democrats but just barely.  Not enough to earn the vote of a real Conservative with convictions.

The main focus of the Republican Party seems to be not piss off the 60+ million idiots that voted for Obama.  For instance, the Republicans gave Obama his income tax increase and voted to give him more debt, twice.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:54:08 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Drugs are indeed bad for society, but what has the Gov accomplished on stopping drug use? NOTHING, how much money has been wasted? about 30 Billion Dollars.

Abortion is a losing issue, plain and simple.  I support state efforts to limit it, but if it were ever successfully outlawed, a whole new set of issues would pop up that would also be a losing issue.

Homosexuality is sometimes seen in nature outside of humans.  Calling it unnatural is a stretch.  But honestly why do you care?  It is not like it is contagious.

How do we seal 7500 miles of border and 95,000 miles of shoreline?  Why don't we just take away any benefit for people to come here, except low wage jobs?  Hell of a lot easier and cheaper too!

I'm fine with YOU or others coming to the aid of those in need, as long as you are not using my tax dollars.  I want to be allowed to make the choice where my money gets spent.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I could go on.

What a sea change it would be in the electoral prospects of the R party if they listened to you.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:00:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So without spending a large sum of my own personal savings, I don't have a right to dislike a candidate or expect the "conservative" party to actually be fiscally conservative?  

And because I can't afford to give thousands of dollars to some politician that doesn't give two fucks about me.....I obviously don't know anything about domestic or foreign policy and am too consumed with American idol and deserve shit candidates?

That's cute.....typical self entitled, elitist bullshit.  Let me guess....only land owners should vote too?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:10:44 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
So without spending a large sum of my own personal savings, I don't have a right to dislike a candidate or expect the "conservative" party to actually be fiscally conservative?  

And because I can't afford to give thousands of dollars to some politician that doesn't give two fucks about me.....I obviously don't know anything about domestic or foreign policy and am too consumed with American idol and deserve shit candidates?

That's cute.....typical self entitled, elitist bullshit.  Let me guess....only land owners should vote too?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

To the woodshed. That is where you have taken them.

When did it become un-American to bitch about those who govern us? FBHO, right? Or is that un-American, too. Or are all who say that just ignoramuses who should just rest their pretty heads on the couch while droning out to American Idol?

Some clown-ass Republicans need a "come-to-Jesus" moment to realize how everyone else sees them.

And then they need a refresher course on why freedom matters.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:15:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't require any significant sum of money to join a party and work locally and even statewide in an attempt to foster your vision within a party.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:18:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It doesn't require any significant sum of money to join a party and work locally and even statewide in an attempt to foster your vision within a party.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to Cincinatus....you are dead wrong.  And you don't have a right to complain unless you give all of your money to politicians.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:21:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What a sea change it would be in the electoral prospects of the R party if they listened to you.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could go on.

lol

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:22:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm begging you: strive not to be such an effective Democrat by driving so many screaming away from your party.
View Quote

Goddamn, you are like a broken fucking record. On and on about "being accepted", you really want the GOP to drop by and pick you up in a big pink fucking bus? You voted for Romney and bitch and ridicule others who did the same. I wish the internet in Somalia would crash. Your schtick is old hat now.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:27:10 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Goddamn, you are like a broken fucking record. On and on about "being accepted", you really want the GOP to drop by and pick you up in a big pink fucking bus? You voted for Romney and bitch and ridicule others who did the same. I wish the internet in Somalia would crash. Your schtick is old hat now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL.

I care not a chocolate fart about "being accepted" by the prigs and pricks and puerile among your party.

I'm just giving those of you who can still think advice about how you might rise on a national level to relevance again.

That is not at all to say that I am hopeful that any of you will listen.

Should I "get off your lawn," now?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could go on.

lol

You know what I find funny, despite 38% of the American population self identifying as conservative vs 23% as liberal (Based on Gallup 2013 poll), the Republicans have lost the popular vote in 5 of the last 6 presidential elections.  If that doesn't tell you, you are doing something wrong, I guess nothing will.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:31:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:33:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sound like a loser.  Work harder and stop whining.
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top