BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:20:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We have polymer rifles, cool, but none of this is interesting until it advances beyond that.  I don't know there's only so much you can do at this point while still using regular ammunition
View Quote

It's pretty much all we can do.  
Caseless ammo turned out to be a dead end.  Today's chemical science isn't up to the task of truly replacing brass/steel cased ammo for infantry use yet.

OTOH, the 1957 tech AR15 is well past it's prime and currently it only holds the #1 rifle spot through the inertia of it's market size.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:03:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Great post Reod!

These are the first clear pictures I've seen of the bolt carrier.
All the others up to now had the BC blurred to hide the patent pending design.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It looks someone with really bad 3D printing skills, crapped this out of his 3D printer.

It looks terrible, for some reason. I dunno, that's just the vibe I get from it. It's ugly. Not ugly like an AK47... I mean... ugly like when people do home made custom modifications to the polymer body of a Glock, ugly. Dremel tool gunsmithing, ugly.
View Quote

Looks like a Bushmaster ACR to me.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top