BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:02:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hey, no question it's a great place to store a gun, but it's not the place I'd want my handgun if I were getting carjacked... Which was the point of the thread
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you have wrong, my neighbor has that console vault in his truck. its a great idea, he can get to it pretty quickly and keep a gun safely in his truck. Highly recommended. now the poster is a dumbass with his other comments...

Hey, no question it's a great place to store a gun, but it's not the place I'd want my handgun if I were getting carjacked... Which was the point of the thread

While I understand and agree a better place is on your person. I think having it available rather quickly  is not a bad second choice. If you need it instantly you are probably out of luck, if you have 5 seconds , mr  gun can be gotten to and employed. Ie someone following you, someone road raging etc...
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Supporting the 2nd Amendment is not solely a factor of your political beliefs.  It's a basic right and some can see that it has importance even if they're not conservative.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:19:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I would say that 15% of ARFCOM are liberals, media or govt people pretending to be gun aficionados
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:23:08 AM EDT
[#4]
TL:DR

However pro tip. If their statement starts with I support the 2nd amendment BUT:

they don't support the 2nd amendment
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:27:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would say that 15% of ARFCOM are liberals, media or govt people pretending to be gun aficionados
View Quote

i'd go with that.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:31:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
TL:DR

However pro tip. If their statement starts with I support the 2nd amendment BUT:

they don't support the 2nd amendment
View Quote

How many times do you hear a gun-grabbing pol say that!  Absolutely.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:32:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
you have wrong, my neighbor has that console vault in his truck. its a great idea, he can get to it pretty quickly and keep a gun safely in his truck. Highly recommended. now the poster is a dumbass with his other comments...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There's this guy on a truck board stating that he is a staunch supporter of the second amendment, while posting shit like this:

Man, some of you guys are risking serious consequences having your guns in the vehicle like that. Where are you driving and what are you doing that you need to have such quick access to a firearm? I'll stick with my solution and be safe, stealthy and legal. I'm in FL and have a CCW, so I can legally just leave it on me in the car. I just don't see the need for it since I don't live or drive through a war zone and don't want to peg the nervousness meter on some cop just doing his job and wondering the same thing I am about the need for such fast access. To each his own.

It's a thread on where you "conceal" a gun while you're in your Dodge Ram truck. His "stealthy" solution was a center console SAFE. Like with a key and other center console shit on top of the door! It's not concealment, it's storage...

So I posted:

Your solution is totally worthless if you actually NEEDED your gun. As gun owners, we tend to eat our own so much, we don't need the libs to do it...

"Serious consequences" for what? Exercising our freedoms? You've been drinking the lib Kool-Aid so much you have to ask WHY the NEED to have quick access? How about because he WANTS it? It's about freedom and being a citizen not a subject.

I seriously doubt that anyone on this forum is driving around Kabul or Mosul but carjackings and idiot mouthbreathers that can't control their temper happens everywhere, regardless of their socioeconomic situations...

to which he replied:

Quick access to a handgun is more likely to be used in a road rage incident than the thwarting of an actual crime. Most cops also don't like having to disarm a motorist for a simple traffic infraction. I lived for 32 years in L.A. and not once did I ever need to access my weapon so quickly that having it handy made any difference. Even in '92 when the Rodney King riots broke out right in front of my shop. I am far from a liberal, believe me. I'm just practical don't live in fear of being a victim because I use my brain rather than dependence on a firearm to keep me out of trouble.

Then I have another asshole posting this shit:

There have been multiple studies that show, statistically, the .22 long is just as deadly for self defense as 9mm and .45 ACP. All of the energy of the .22 round is transferred to the assailant's body, and it tends to "bounce around" inside of the person.

Several facepalms in this thread over on ramforum.com

I've asked both of them to prove their claims and as of yet, I've heard NOTHING from them...

And another facepalm.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Supporting the 2nd Amendment is not solely a factor of your political beliefs.  It's a basic right and some can see that it has importance even if they're not conservative.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:46:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

i'd go with that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i'd go with that.

Liberal members I would say your estimating is low, as far as plants and media pretending you are way to high. No one except us cares about this place.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:50:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hell you don't even have to leave this forum to find those folks, they are everywhere.
View Quote

This x 11ty bazillion
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:32:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Doesn't du have a gun subforum?
View Quote

If they do I'm joining
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:43:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol you're surprised you found retards on a bro truck forum?

Well, OP is posting there too....
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:52:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:34:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You think the RKBA/Libertarian/Right has it bad for people not believing enough of the platform?

Imagine what it's like to be a Leftist/Democrat...

Blue collar guys who are to the right of Attila the Hun on EVERYTHING, but their damned union.

Low Information Voters who are probably 80% to the center-right on EVERYTHING, except no one has ever pinned them down and walked them through each point, welfare, economics, taxes, which they'd agree with the political Right's opinion on 8 to 9 out of 10 issues.

Minorities who hate Jews, Gays... and a whole slew of your other key core constituencies.

And the fractional core of your "true believers" who are properly Leftist on everything, they have to hide and can never expose what they all believe in at once.

I've got to give them a certain amount of credit for managing that whole house of cards.
View Quote

Holy shit. I waited too long to come back to this thread. This post blew my mind.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#16]
got a guy at work with a very "live and let live" attitude towards gun grabbers. He's from out east and has a chl now, but he doesn't understand that anti's will not stop, and he is a sucker for not viewing them as the enemy.

some people have guns, and enjoy them, but don't act like they'd even give a damn if guns were confiscated tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:41:16 PM EDT
[#17]
That guys bullshit on one forum just wasnt enough for you?

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:00:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
... General Discussion is full of Leftists
View Quote

Seriously?  I would have gone with "amoral," but whatever.

I feeeeeeel conservative.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:39:01 AM EDT
[#19]
OMG, we have LIBTARD confirmation!!!

He called me a bully!

His feelings must be really hurt because I asked him to back up his claims...

I feel neither the motivation or obligation to reply to his demand in here or elsewhere. Bullies are best ignored.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:58:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They id themselves in the wild by using the following sentence:

I support the second amendment but.........
View Quote

I came here to post this! It seems that we have a bunch of slimebag politicians nowadays that use this bullshit narrative.  I believe in your constitutional right(s) but...... I have zero respect for any people like that.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top