Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/13/2014 4:11:16 PM EDT
There's this guy on a truck board stating that he is a staunch supporter of the second amendment, while posting shit like this:

Man, some of you guys are risking serious consequences having your guns in the vehicle like that. Where are you driving and what are you doing that you need to have such quick access to a firearm? I'll stick with my solution and be safe, stealthy and legal. I'm in FL and have a CCW, so I can legally just leave it on me in the car. I just don't see the need for it since I don't live or drive through a war zone and don't want to peg the nervousness meter on some cop just doing his job and wondering the same thing I am about the need for such fast access. To each his own.
View Quote

It's a thread on where you "conceal" a gun while you're in your Dodge Ram truck. His "stealthy" solution was a center console SAFE. Like with a key and other center console shit on top of the door! It's not concealment, it's storage...

So I posted:

Your solution is totally worthless if you actually NEEDED your gun. As gun owners, we tend to eat our own so much, we don't need the libs to do it...

"Serious consequences" for what? Exercising our freedoms? You've been drinking the lib Kool-Aid so much you have to ask WHY the NEED to have quick access? How about because he WANTS it? It's about freedom and being a citizen not a subject.

I seriously doubt that anyone on this forum is driving around Kabul or Mosul but carjackings and idiot mouthbreathers that can't control their temper happens everywhere, regardless of their socioeconomic situations...

to which he replied:

Quick access to a handgun is more likely to be used in a road rage incident than the thwarting of an actual crime. Most cops also don't like having to disarm a motorist for a simple traffic infraction. I lived for 32 years in L.A. and not once did I ever need to access my weapon so quickly that having it handy made any difference. Even in '92 when the Rodney King riots broke out right in front of my shop. I am far from a liberal, believe me. I'm just practical don't live in fear of being a victim because I use my brain rather than dependence on a firearm to keep me out of trouble.
View Quote

Then I have another asshole posting this shit:

There have been multiple studies that show, statistically, the .22 long is just as deadly for self defense as 9mm and .45 ACP. All of the energy of the .22 round is transferred to the assailant's body, and it tends to "bounce around" inside of the person.
View Quote

Several facepalms in this thread over on ramforum.com

I've asked both of them to prove their claims and as of yet, I've heard NOTHING from them...
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:15:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:15:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell you don't even have to leave this forum to find those folks, they are everywhere.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hell you don't even have to leave this forum to find those folks, they are everywhere.
View Quote

Sadly true.

Just ignore the douche bag.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Please don't try to reason with California Liberals.

They don't even realize how lop-sided their thoughts have  become.

It's all about how they   " feel " .

gd
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#5]
They id themselves in the wild by using the following sentence:

I support the second amendment but.........
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Lol you're surprised you found retards on a bro truck forum?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:20:02 PM EDT
[#7]
dipshits gonna dipshit
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:21:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Lol you're surprised you found retards on a bro truck forum?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:25:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've got this guy on a truck board..
View Quote

Your personal life should be kept personal.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:26:40 PM EDT
[#10]
What? No mention of your arfcom join date?
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got this guy on a truck board..

Fixed just for you
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Arfcom is full of them too.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#13]
First, anyone can waddle into a gunshop and fill out a 4473. Just owning a gun doesn't make someone my brother. Yeah, they like their guns, maybe your guns, but not THOSE (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) people having guns.

Second, liberals tend to embellish the truth, or outright lie.

Third, they know they're selling bullshit so they need you to believe that they're "almost" like you, except they're "reasonable" and you're "extreme".  All they need to do is plant the seed of doubt in your mind or someone in the audience and their mission is accomplished. (you see that behavior right here a thousand times a day)
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:58:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Blah blah blah.

To each his own.
View Quote

WGAF, the end.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 5:10:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Different strategies work for different people.   I am not going to tell someone else what they have to do.  Thats on them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 5:49:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There's this guy on a truck board stating that he is a staunch supporter of the second amendment, while posting shit like this:

Man, some of you guys are risking serious consequences having your guns in the vehicle like that. Where are you driving and what are you doing that you need to have such quick access to a firearm? I'll stick with my solution and be safe, stealthy and legal. I'm in FL and have a CCW, so I can legally just leave it on me in the car. I just don't see the need for it since I don't live or drive through a war zone and don't want to peg the nervousness meter on some cop just doing his job and wondering the same thing I am about the need for such fast access. To each his own.
View Quote

It's a thread on where you "conceal" a gun while you're in your Dodge Ram truck. His "stealthy" solution was a center console SAFE. Like with a key and other center console shit on top of the door! It's not concealment, it's storage...

So I posted:

Your solution is totally worthless if you actually NEEDED your gun. As gun owners, we tend to eat our own so much, we don't need the libs to do it...

"Serious consequences" for what? Exercising our freedoms? You've been drinking the lib Kool-Aid so much you have to ask WHY the NEED to have quick access? How about because he WANTS it? It's about freedom and being a citizen not a subject.

I seriously doubt that anyone on this forum is driving around Kabul or Mosul but carjackings and idiot mouthbreathers that can't control their temper happens everywhere, regardless of their socioeconomic situations...

to which he replied:

Quick access to a handgun is more likely to be used in a road rage incident than the thwarting of an actual crime. Most cops also don't like having to disarm a motorist for a simple traffic infraction. I lived for 32 years in L.A. and not once did I ever need to access my weapon so quickly that having it handy made any difference. Even in '92 when the Rodney King riots broke out right in front of my shop. I am far from a liberal, believe me. I'm just practical don't live in fear of being a victim because I use my brain rather than dependence on a firearm to keep me out of trouble.
View Quote

There have been multiple studies that show, statistically, the .22 long is just as deadly for self defense as 9mm and .45 ACP. All of the energy of the .22 round is transferred to the assailant's body, and it tends to "bounce around" inside of the person.
View Quote

I've asked both of them to prove their claims and as of yet, I've heard NOTHING from them...
View Quote

you have wrong, my neighbor has that console vault in his truck. its a great idea, he can get to it pretty quickly and keep a gun safely in his truck. Highly recommended. now the poster is a dumbass with his other comments...
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#17]
So......the douche has a CCW, and isn't just carrying the damn gun?

FFS
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 5:52:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Blah blah blah.

WGAF, the end.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Blah blah blah.

To each his own.

WGAF, the end.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 5:55:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

So I posted:

to which he replied:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

LOL at liberals who don't even know they are liberals.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 5:57:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I made it to Dodge Ram.  I knew it was all shenanigans after that.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 5:58:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

you have wrong, my neighbor has that console vault in his truck. its a great idea, he can get to it pretty quickly and keep a gun safely in his truck. Highly recommended. now the poster is a dumbass with his other comments...
View Quote

Hey, no question it's a great place to store a gun, but it's not the place I'd want my handgun if I were getting carjacked... Which was the point of the thread
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:04:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Ask him if he keeps his brain, his testicles and his backbone in there too, or if he turned them in.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:06:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I came here to post that.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Interesting, I got stopped a couple weeks ago for expired plates, and couldn't find my insurance card. Even though it's not required in Iowa,  I handed over my Carry Permit along with my DL. Cop never asked if I was carrying, but I gave him a wide open opportunity. He let me go with a warning.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Some people are just too fucking stupid.

Let him be the victim of a violent crime and his WHOLE WORLD VIEW will change.

His inability to think out of his little box indicates he is simply a stupid dumbfuck.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:13:23 PM EDT
[#26]
they're called fudds
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Some are members here.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#28]
I have a vault in my jeep, but that's because it has plastic windows

Edit - but I only keep stuff in their when in not in my jeep.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:22:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

So I posted:

to which he replied:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

'Don't know if this guy is a closet lib but THE PART IN RED SEEMS TO BE TRUE.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#30]
... General Discussion is full of Leftists
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:40:25 PM EDT
[#31]
The bro-truck dude is retarded.

However, he is right. Your brain is your first tool for evading bad situations. Guns are last resort. However, I've noticed that during a violent crime, when you need a gun, you NEED it NOW.

You guys should consider educating rather than just making fun of people.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#33]
GD is infested with the same sort lately.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:51:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Hey, no question it's a great place to store a gun, but it's not the place I'd want my handgun if I were getting carjacked... Which was the point of the thread
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm glad you mentioned carjacking...my BIL was followed off the highway to his home, in a SAFE neighborhood, and blocked in his driveway. He was unarmed, locked out of his house, and being forced back into his truck.  He fought back and ran, then was shot in the back.

So to anyone who thinks their neighborhood is safe, I reply BULLSH!T. No place is safe 100% of the time, and you never know when your number's up.

I'm not saying a gun will save you. What I am saying is it gives you a fighting chance. Those who don't get I hope don't ever have to. They'd be lucky.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 2:04:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm not saying a gun will save you. What I am saying is it gives you a fighting chance. Those who don't get I hope don't ever have to. They'd be lucky.
View Quote

Thank you for sharing that... Is your brother still with us?
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 2:13:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 2:16:10 AM EDT
[#37]
What is this truck board?  I want to join so I can troll for lot lizards.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 2:36:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Why do you assume he must be liberal?  He may just be stupid.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 4:10:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry, I use those terms interchangeably
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 4:18:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
First, anyone can waddle into a gunshop and fill out a 4473. Just owning a gun doesn't make someone my brother. Yeah, they like their guns, maybe your guns, but not THOSE (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) people having guns.

Third, they know they're selling bullshit so they need you to believe that they're "almost" like you, except they're "reasonable" and you're "extreme".  All they need to do is plant the seed of doubt in your mind or someone in the audience and their mission is accomplished. (you see that behavior right here a thousand times a day)
View Quote

100% accurate. They also need to make the bull shit statements of how they own or carry guns in an attempt to give themselves credibility as experts on the subject because  only an expert can have a CCW. I'm sure none of them own anything to begin with.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 4:20:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Encourage him. Somebody might help solve the problem sometime
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 5:13:32 AM EDT
[#42]
I think you jumped the shark.

What of the following is inherently anti-2a?

View Quote

The answer is nothing. None of that was inherently anti-2a. It's a discussion about needs, so of course he's going to bring up needs. He's not questioning rights. He's saying, "while you are free to do what you please, I think there are consequences you haven't considered. If you are driving regularly in an unsafe area, you should consider an alternate route. I choose, for me, to store my weapon in a certain manner, even though I have other options available to me. I personally don't perceive a need that outweighs my personal assessment of perceived risks. One of those perceived risks is that a police officer may accidentally kill me. YMMV."

While he may be dead wrong in his assessment of needs and risk, nothing he said was inherently anti 2a. You had an opportunity to inform him, and instead you flew off the handle. The fact that the conversation went downhill from there is not surprising.

Missed opportunity man.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 5:14:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fuck. Somebody always sums up the point I"m trying to make way better than me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 5:14:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Please don't try to reason with California Liberals.

They don't even realize how lop-sided their thoughts have  become.

It's all about how they   " feel " .

gd
View Quote

that sums it up well..I have a brother that is a cali lib...some of the conversations I have with him about firearms are simply nauseating.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 5:17:25 AM EDT
[#45]

Just 'cause they all like ice cream doesn't mean they'll all agree on a flavor.

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 5:52:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm glad you mentioned carjacking...my BIL was followed off the highway to his home, in a SAFE neighborhood, and blocked in his driveway. He was unarmed, locked out of his house, and being forced back into his truck.  He fought back and ran, then was shot in the back.

So to anyone who thinks their neighborhood is safe, I reply BULLSH!T. No place is safe 100% of the time, and you never know when your number's up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sorry to hear about your BIL, I hope he's ok.

While I don't argue the necessity of carrying, this is a case of poor situational awareness.  If I think I'm being followed I'll drive in a circle to check, then drive to the police station if necessary.  I will certainly NOT lead someone who's following me to my home and family.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 6:38:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

you gonna start a flood of butthurt haters pouring in.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 6:40:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 6:46:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

came to post this... they might as well end that sentence with "but I dont"
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:07:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Even people like Eric Holder and moms demand action have used that line before.  That should tell you how much weight it holds.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top