Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 50
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:26:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So, PSP r5esponds to homicides with one or two detectives? You have no idea what you are talking about.
View Quote
There's a lot of posters in this thread that have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to the PSP.  I like to just let them ramble and show their nice blend of starved for attention and full of crap blather.  

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:48:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Who got beat?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<quote tree prune>

"Expert marksman"

Those are the words of his father.

This whole thing is a circus and PSP are looking like clowns.

Not sure what kind of circuses you attend, but the ones I'm familiar with usually don't start with a sniper killing a trooper and injuring a second. And the cops are looking for the guy, so they're clowns? You've got some kind of axe to grind?

Clowns don't beat people for just walking to work, and harass people for "looking suspicious" while getting their mail.  The PSP look like something much much worse.
Who got beat?  

The man with the bruised ribs, that is discussed on most of this page.

Edite: the previous page.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:04:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Who got beat?  

The man was proned out. Is that considered being beat these days?

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:12:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Putting a knee into his back and causing injuries is a bit much of a guy who is not resisting.  Or are you okay with that?  Maybe you would feel different if you were the one with the injuries?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:15:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who got beat?  

He isn't Frein. Why was he proned out?

If you were proned out, had some sketchy character point a gun at you, put a knee in your back, etc, you wouldn't consider it an assault?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:15:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who got beat?  

If he was injured, yes.

See how that works?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:22:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who got beat?  

I probably wouldn't use the word "beat" and maybe wouldn't even use the word "assault", but don't you think it's a bit messed up that a guy who has done no wrong (as far as anyone knows at least) is given bruised ribs by the police?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:28:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I probably wouldn't use the word "beat" and maybe wouldn't even use the word "assault", but don't you think it's a bit messed up that a guy who has done no wrong (as far as anyone knows at least) is given bruised ribs by the police?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who got beat?  

If you were to walk up to a random stranger, knock them down, and jam your knee into their back with enough force to bruise their ribs would that be called "assault"?

Maybe try doing it to a random officer. See what they call it?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:43:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Putting a knee into his back and causing injuries is a bit much of a guy who is not resisting.  Or are you okay with that?  Maybe you would feel different if you were the one with the injuries?
View Quote
People that aren't resisting are proned out all the time. I doubt his ribs are bruised.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:46:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

If you were proned out, had some sketchy character point a gun at you, put a knee in your back, etc, you wouldn't consider it an assault?
View Quote
He was believed to be.

If it was a cop and he had a reason to? No.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:49:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
He was believed to be.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was believed to be.  

An unarmed guy who looks nothing like Frein, who is wearing a reflective vest and who has been stopped many times already is probably...not the man they are looking for.

As for the assault, I guess you have lower standards than others.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:51:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If he was injured, yes.
See how that works?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who got beat?

If he was injured, yes.
See how that works?
That's not how that works.

beat

a. To strike repeatedly.

ETA: something got fucked up

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:52:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The funny part about the story is that theory is that Frein is a menace to the public yet, a citizen can walk 5 miles each way each day and the only lethal threat he faces is from LEO.
View Quote

Good point.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:57:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who got beat?  

It's possible his ribs are bruised but I doubt it. It doesn't sound like there was any impact from the way he described it.

Hopefully they won't keep stopping him.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:13:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

An unarmed guy who looks nothing like Frein, who is wearing a reflective vest and who has been stopped many times already is probably...not the man they are looking for.
As for the assault, I guess you have lower standards than others.
View Quote
I wouldn't say he looks nothing like Frein and he didn't start wearing the vest untill after this happened. He was stopped by different police before so im not sure how this one would have known who he was. They took a picture of him to show at the morning briefing so hopefully this won't happen again.

ETA: How is he supposed to know the guy he believed to be Frein is unarmed? At least it didn't happen in broad daylight!!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:20:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
If you were to walk up to a random stranger, knock them down, and jam your knee into their back with enough force to bruise their ribs would that be called "assault"?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He was not knocked down. Quit making stuff up.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:25:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

He was believed to be.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was believed to be.  

Do you think that belief was 'reasonable'?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#18]

So, any guesses as to why the cops aren't announcing that "he must have gotten away", curtailing the search and waiting for him to inevitably feel safe and try to contact a family member?

Would seem like the obvious solution.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:42:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So, any guesses as to why the cops aren't announcing that "he must have gotten away", curtailing the search and waiting for him to inevitably feel safe and try to contact a family member?

View Quote

My guess: a burning desire to avenge their fallen trooper, a chance to make $$$ on overtime, a bit of arrogance, a lack of regard for the citizenry and the taxpayers, a bit of ignorance or over-estimating their ability to catch him.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:20:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:quote]Quoted:

So, PSP r5esponds to homicides with one or two detectives? You have no idea what you are talking about.
View Quote

So for every murder case they have they send out every officer for months on end(with unlimited budget/restraints) who do nothing but hunt for that 1 murderer? I think a more accurate assessment is exactly what I said, after the initial call there is a couple detectives actively working the case...which of those 2 are closer to the truth? yeah....evidently I know enough..........plain and simple..there would not be 100 cops..let alone 1100 if it was any 2  joe citizens shot versus 2 cops...........
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:23:21 AM EDT
[#21]
An ambush murder and a continuing threat? Yeah I'd expect the same. They did the same for an abortion clinic bomber.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:23:55 AM EDT
[#22]
I still think this is fishy as hell.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:36:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The funny part about the story is that theory is that Frein is a menace to the public yet, a citizen can walk 5 miles each way each day and the only lethal threat he faces is from LEO.
View Quote

You have to be a headline writer at a liberal rag with the sensationalist tag lines you come up with.  

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:39:21 AM EDT
[#24]
I just keep thinking back to the North Pond Hermit in Maine who lived in a tent through Maine winters for 27 years.
He lived by raiding cabins and Summer homes.
27 fuckin years.
Cops and game wardens were trying to catch him for years.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:56:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I just keep thinking back to the North Pond Hermit in Maine who lived in a tent through Maine winters for 27 years.
27 fuckin years.
View Quote

I'm still convinced that he accomplished the specific goal that he had established for himself and hightailed it the hell out of the area.

Probably living somewhere under an assumed identity that he had established for himself a year before.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:36:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Who got beat?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<quote tree prune>

"Expert marksman"

Those are the words of his father.

This whole thing is a circus and PSP are looking like clowns.

Not sure what kind of circuses you attend, but the ones I'm familiar with usually don't start with a sniper killing a trooper and injuring a second. And the cops are looking for the guy, so they're clowns? You've got some kind of axe to grind?

Clowns don't beat people for just walking to work, and harass people for "looking suspicious" while getting their mail.  The PSP look like something much much worse.

Who got beat?  

The police, so far.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:43:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
An ambush murder and a continuing threat? Yeah I'd expect the same. They did the same for an abortion clinic bomber.
View Quote

"Continuing threat"?Unless the cops know something we don't,I don't see where he has been a threat at all since the first shooting.

Seems he would have plenty of chances to shoot cops out there but hasn't.Strange for a guy that supposedly has a vendetta against cops (or maybe just a specific cop?).
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:44:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

My guess: a burning desire to avenge their fallen trooper, a chance to make $$$ on overtime, a bit of arrogance, a lack of regard for the citizenry and the taxpayers, a bit of ignorance or over-estimating their ability to catch him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably right on the money.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:01:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You have to be a headline writer at a liberal rag with the sensationalist tag lines you come up with.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trust me, if some one repeatedly harassed you, your wife, or your kids for just walking to work, threatened your life with a rifle, and sends you to the hospital with injuries, you would be singing a different tune.

Admit it. To be true to the sworn oath, you have enforce the laws and not abuse them.

Poconos resident mistaken for Frein says he was assaulted

He said the incident sent him to a hospital emergency room with severely bruised ribs, and has added to the daily stress of living in the search area.

http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworld/pennsylvania/mc-pa-eric-frein-manhunt-tully-20141021-story.html

To protect the man from being accosted by police, citizens have started giving him rides and started a fund raiser. What does that tell you about how police are treating the public there?

Fundraiser started for man mistaken for Eric Frein

Offers of help are pouring in for James Tully, the carless Canadensis man who says he's been mistaken for Eric Frein more than 20 times, leading to some scary encounters with police in the Pocono woods.

Co-workers are now shuttling Tully to and from work, and one man has offered to give him a van.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/fundraiser-started-for-man-mistaken-for-eric-frein-1.1775848
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds right to me.  It's personal, but not personal enough to use their own free time.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So for every murder case they have they send out every officer for months on end(with unlimited budget/restraints) who do nothing but hunt for that 1 murderer? I think a more accurate assessment is exactly what I said, after the initial call there is a couple detectives actively working the case...which of those 2 are closer to the truth? yeah....evidently I know enough..........plain and simple..there would not be 100 cops..let alone 1100 if it was any 2  joe citizens shot versus 2 cops...........
View All Quotes
Quoted:

"Well that would be one or two detectives and APB over the computer for the first few days after it happened...notice its not getting defended here anymore..even they realize its gone beyond stupid.........That guy getting harassed needs a good lawyer.........that is most likely the only thing that will put a stop to it........."

I copied your post to refresh your memory. You are incorrect. Perhaps things are done differently in Alaska.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

"Well that would be one or two detectives and APB over the computer for the first few days after it happened...notice its not getting defended here anymore..even they realize its gone beyond stupid.........That guy getting harassed needs a good lawyer.........that is most likely the only thing that will put a stop to it........."

I copied your post to refresh your memory. You are incorrect. Perhaps things are done differently in Alaska.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Soooooooooo,a number between 2 and 1100 then?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Man, I can't believe this cluster is still going on?

They need to clear out, and watch from a distance and let him expose himself. That is if he is even still in the US.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:43:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Affording to reports today, he may have stolen a car and left the area.  Somebody's Porsche was taken over the weekend and it turned up in upstate New York.  Possible rendezvous with someone to transport him away after his one month of playing hide and seek is done?  It supposedly happened over the weekend and Frein could well be out of the country by now.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:46:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm still convinced that he accomplished the specific goal that he had established for himself and hightailed it the hell out of the area.

Probably living somewhere under an assumed identity that he had established for himself a year before.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
27 fuckin years.

Specific goal against a specific cop?  

Possible.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:49:34 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Affording to reports today, he may have stolen a car and left the area.  Somebody's Porsche was taken over the weekend and it turned up in upstate New York.  Possible rendezvous with someone to transport him away after his one month of playing hide and seek is done?  It supposedly happened over the weekend and Frein could well be out of the country by now.
View Quote
I guess every stolen car in the area is now going to be Frein fleeing.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:51:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well then tell you what since you are the resident expert how about you enlighten us all with all your knowledge of it..I guarantee you when the average citizen gets killed/murdered/shot there is going to be far closer to 2 detectives investigating versus the 1100 investigating this cop killing.. they sure aren't going to put " a many" amount of cops on duty 24/7 for weeks and weeks and weeks on end doing absolutely nothing but looking for 1 guy..... the way you are trying to make it sound is whats happening in this case happens in every case..it doesn't it rarely happens and when it does..its almost always because a cop was killed......
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:00:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are going to Fled, why not do it in a Porsche a bit of luxury and panache on the way to freedom.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:07:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Could Eric Frein Have Stolen Car?

MONROE COUNTY—Police in the Poconos said a black 2012 Porsche was reported stolen from in front of a home on Burger Road in Blakeslee on October 18th and then on Wednesday, that vehicle was found 137 miles away, abandoned on Lee Hollow Road in Delaware County, New York.
View Quote

“It would be kind of nice if he did because our lives could get back to normal. Yeah. We’re all just kind of held hostage. No school, school, stay home from work,” said Jennifer Velcamp of Scotrun.

A spokesperson for the Delaware County Sheriff’s Department said authorities there are “Definitely working with Pennsylvania State Police ” to determine if Eric Frein has anything to do with the stolen vehicle.
View Quote

http://wnep.com/2014/10/23/could-eric-frein-have-stolen-car/
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:34:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
27 fuckin years.

I have thought this for a while now.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:14:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't have to be.  Just enough for the police to claim he's slipped through their dragnet in a stolen car and call off the search without losing face for having a wild goose chase through the woods for a month where every sighting was actually a deer or bear running from the search teams.

I wonder what results the search dogs will give after being allowed to sniff the car?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:09:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Any updates?Did he steal the car?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:39:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Any updates?Did he steal the car?
View Quote

State police says no
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:48:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Just a guess:

He offed himself, and his body was eaten and scattered by animals.

Hannah Graham, the UVA student whose remains were ID'd yesterday, disappeared on 09/13, and her body was found on 10/18.

In just over a month her body was skeletonized.

I bet the searchers, or maybe a hunter will find something in the coming months, like a skull or shredded clothing or a wallet.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:50:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Just a guess:

Hannah Graham, the UVA student whose remains were ID'd yesterday, disappeared on 09/13, and her body was found on 10/18.

I bet the searchers, or maybe a hunter will find something in the coming months, like a skull or shredded clothing or a wallet.

View Quote

Hmmm,what if they find some shredded clothes and a rotted wallet (of course with whatever ID wasn't left in the Jeep),but no remains???
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:56:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Hmmm,what if they find some shredded clothes and a rotted wallet (of course with whatever ID wasn't left in the Jeep),but no remains???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just a guess:

Well, they have bears in those woods, right?

So even long-bones and a skull could theoretically be consumed.

But yeah, that would no doubt piss everyone off if they found more breadcrumbs, but no irrefutable evidence that he's dead.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#47]
And now we have weather balloons with cameras to assist the search.  What will the next taxpayer funded toy be?  Bears with cameras?

WNEP Story
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:39:15 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

And now we have weather balloons with cameras to assist the search.  What will the next taxpayer funded toy be?  Bears with cameras?

http://localtvwnep.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/promo238634104.jpg?w=640&h=360&crop=1

WNEP Story
View Quote
Dude, I know nothing about operating weather balloons, but that seems a lot more cost effective than a bunch of $100k + per year officers on overtime.  Get that balloon up in the air with some kind of thermal cameras, seems like a good plan to me.

I still think he got out of the area early on.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:51:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

http://localtvwnep.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/promo238634104.jpg?w=640&h=360&crop=1

WNEP Story
View Quote

That thing looks like a floating nutsack.

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:56:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WNEP Story

I was thinking more on the lines of a giant ass.
Page / 50
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top