Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:27:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

<quote tree prune>

"Expert marksman"
View Quote

Those are the words of his father.

This whole thing is a circus and PSP are looking like clowns.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:45:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<quote tree prune>

"Expert marksman"

Not sure what kind of circuses you attend, but the ones I'm familiar with usually don't start with a sniper killing a trooper and injuring a second. And the cops are looking for the guy, so they're clowns? You've got some kind of axe to grind?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:18:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Not sure what kind of circuses you attend, but the ones I'm familiar with usually don't start with a sniper killing a trooper and injuring a second. And the cops are looking for the guy, so they're clowns? You've got some kind of axe to grind?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<quote tree prune>

"Expert marksman"

no but the response has turned into a goat rope....
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.abc27.com/story/26836127/police-say-they-might-have-spotted-ambush-suspect

Police say they might have spotted the suspect in a deadly Pennsylvania state police ambush.

A local law enforcement official reported seeing Eric Frein on Monday near the Swiftwater Post Office in the Pocono Mountains. That's near Pocono Mountain East High School, where a woman out for a walk Friday night spotted a rifle-toting man police believe was Frein.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:57:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
http://www.abc27.com/story/26836127/police-say-they-might-have-spotted-ambush-suspect

Police say they might have spotted the suspect in a deadly Pennsylvania state police ambush.

A local law enforcement official reported seeing Eric Frein on Monday near the Swiftwater Post Office in the Pocono Mountains. That's near Pocono Mountain East High School, where a woman out for a walk Friday night spotted a rifle-toting man police believe was Frein.  
View Quote

Cops are gonna light up some poor schmuck out hunting during a muzzleloader antlerless deer season.  Game Commission shut down hunting ten miles away and guys are in the woods where these new sightings have taken place.  Those hunters are going to be called in as sightings and sure as shit, the cops are going to show up and gun down a hunter thinking it's Frein.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:03:33 PM EDT
[#6]
So either they didn't actually spot him, or this Frein fellow is actually pretty darned good at hide and seek.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So either they didn't actually spot him, or this Frein fellow is actually pretty darned good at hide and seek.
View Quote

To those he pursued,he was known only as ..................The Glimmer Man.

They'd see nothing but shadows.And then..........a glimmer.And then...........

Time to send in Steven Seagal

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:32:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Cops are gonna light up some poor schmuck out hunting during a muzzleloader antlerless deer season.  Game Commission shut down hunting ten miles away and guys are in the woods where these new sightings have taken place.  Those hunters are going to be called in as sightings and sure as shit, the cops are going to show up and gun down a hunter thinking it's Frein.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As far as we know,the cops have been very good at not shooting up random people.

If Frein was still shooting cops,I think it would be a free fire zone out there.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope it doesn't happen, but if it does I hope they get prosecuted to the full power of the law, and both the state and feds get sued into the sewer over it civilly....... total waste of tax payer money.....
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:41:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<quote tree prune>

"Expert marksman"

No ax to grind at all.  I sincerely hope they find them and that he points a gun at them.  

This has been going on for over a month.  The resources are astounding.  The cost as well.  Even still, the fact that if it were you or I, would they be doing all this?

I'll stop there, but leave off with that I know more than most.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:43:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I hope it doesn't happen, but if it does I hope they get prosecuted to the full power of the law, and both the state and feds get sued into the sewer over it civilly....... total waste of tax payer money.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have no idea.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:09:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

How 'bout a hint or two??
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#13]
The police have been serving the shit out of this poor guy.  Glad to see they are protecting the lives and dignity of the locals.

The walk takes him along Route 447, a hot spot in the search for Frein. Since the search began, Tully has been stopped well over 20 times and questioned by law enforcement officers. Tully says he's been questioned as much as seven times during a round-trip walk to and from work.
View Quote

Police searching for Eric Frein have questioned James Tully so many times that he started carrying his driver’s license and work identification on a neck lanyard to prove his identity.
But that wasn’t enough to keep him from being forced to the ground by gunpoint Friday on Route 447, and being held there, face down in the gravel, by a law enforcement officer driving a knee into his back, Tully said.
View Quote

"The driver jumped out screaming like a lunatic,” Tully said. He was dressed in camouflage and a tactical vest and had a rifle held high, pointing at Tully.
He did not see a badge or words on clothing. The man did not identify himself.
“The only I.D. I saw was the barrel of the gun,” Tully said.
“He yelled at me to get down on the ground with my arms out wide and he demanded my name.”
Tully says he complied immediately and that the man drove his knee into Tully’s back and continued to ask his name.
Tully told him his name over and over and explained that his identification was on the lanyard on his neck but that he was laying on it.
The law enforcement officer removed the bandana from Tully’s head and then grabbed the lanyard and yanked it off his neck.
“Good thing it had a break away clasp or he would have choked me.”
He continued to badger Tully.
“I will break you right here. What is your name?” the man asked, while still driving a knee into his back, Tully said.
Tully did not know where the gun was but he was afraid the man would shoot him.
“From the minute I saw him with that gun I thought, let me survive this.”
This went on for what seemed like 15 minutes or more when a state trooper who recognized Tully from previous questioning arrived and told the other officer that Tully was telling the truth about his name.
View Quote

Pocono Record
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:44:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

The police have been serving the shit out of this poor guy.  Glad to see they are protecting the lives and dignity of the locals.

Pocono Record
View Quote

The longer this goes on, the longer they continue to look like idiots.  Sorry, but this is wrong if true.  God bless em of the long countless hours and dedication, but not at the expense of the innocent.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:24:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IM sent.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:51:07 PM EDT
[#16]
This whole thing has got beyond stupid. If a couple non LEOs  had been found murdered and mutilated in the same area with the exact same evidence after the crime, I dare anyone to try and tell me even a small fraction of this time, effort, manpower and money would have went to try and find the killer.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#17]
That poor guy Tully needs a GOOD lawyer, the cop who hurt him needs to be held liable. No excuse for that at all.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:02:52 PM EDT
[#18]
My money is it was ATF.  They are a bunch of assholes and I imagine a regular PA state trooper would have identified himself.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:05:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

That poor guy Tully needs a GOOD lawyer, the cop who hurt him needs to be held liable. No excuse for that at all.
View Quote
In all seriousness, the cops should just give the poor guy a ride to work until the search is done with.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:05:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Tully did not finish his shift because he started to notice pain while breathing. He was taken to the hospital and learned that his ribs are bruised from the encounter.
View Quote

This won't end until the PSP murders an innocent civilian and they are forced to stop blowing through millions in an unproductive search.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:15:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted: I had thought he would have headed that way but not have been so stupid as to hang in that area which is about a mile from the State Police barracks.
View Quote

Might be the safest place for him to hide out. They (State Police) are not going to look for him in their backyard.

Hope the police up there are smart enough to LOOK UP ^^^.

When we had a killer on the loose running from an extensive manhunt in Baltimore County, on several occasions the police walked right under him .... he was up in a tree.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The longer this goes on, the longer they continue to look like idiots.  Sorry, but this is wrong if true.  God bless em of the long countless hours and dedication, but not at the expense of the innocent.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pocono Record

They didn't see the guy they face planted as innocent.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:08:49 PM EDT
[#23]
The problem is they aren't going to see any white guy on his own as innocent.  Kind of like walking in Ferguson I imagine but at least they won't take your wallet.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:37:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All private land on the ridges they are focusing on right now. Ridges between parallel running roads. We used to set up drives on them with the owners permission and with all the owners that hunted. That's not public hunting area. Nearest public land is back in the Devil's Hole, the way he got there. He'd have to double back a few short miles to be around public hunting where that would happen. I'll have to call my buddy and see if they shut it down. He lives on the edge of that gamelands opposite from the side nearest to Canadensis.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:06:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<quote tree prune>

"Expert marksman"

They look like clown because they are chasing shadows in the woods weeks after they would have quit had the victims not been .LE. They do not have a shred of proof he is there.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:41:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<quote tree prune>

"Expert marksman"

Clowns don't beat people for just walking to work, and harass people for "looking suspicious" while getting their mail.  The PSP look like something much much worse.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:23:10 AM EDT
[#27]
The funny part about the story is that theory is that Frein is a menace to the public yet, a citizen can walk 5 miles each way each day and the only lethal threat he faces is from LEO.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:29:05 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote
He should consider himself lucky that Fister Roboto wasn't on scene.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:43:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The NJ and NY people that moved there are all trash. Brought the crime, trash, gangs and drugs with them. One look at the census and crime stats over the past 20 years is proof of what happened to that area. The Poconos are probably less than 10% true locals anymore. We've all left. I kept my house there and use it as a vacation home on the edge of a huge gamelands in a development with armed security and a gate. When "home", I carry 24/7 and so does the rest of my family, including my 70 year old mother.

Canadensis is still pretty much ok, but still over run with the city trash
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that a white trash area?  Not familiar with that part of PA, even though I'm from PA.  

There are pockets of trash, but it's by and large turning into a bedroom community for people commuting into NYC/northern NJ or over to Scranton plus a retiree population from those places.

This.

Most of the trash are the transplants and their associates.

I haven't been around canendensis much lately but I think it is still pretty nice.

The NJ and NY people that moved there are all trash. Brought the crime, trash, gangs and drugs with them. One look at the census and crime stats over the past 20 years is proof of what happened to that area. The Poconos are probably less than 10% true locals anymore. We've all left. I kept my house there and use it as a vacation home on the edge of a huge gamelands in a development with armed security and a gate. When "home", I carry 24/7 and so does the rest of my family, including my 70 year old mother.

Canadensis is still pretty much ok, but still over run with the city trash

I lived in swiftwater had my house broken into while I was home asleep (me and my dog slept through the whole world thing) and again while I was on vacation this was inside a gated community
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:19:38 AM EDT
[#30]
False sightings closing schools.

Northeast Pennsylvania schools reopen after PA trooper ambush suspect Eric Frein sightings

SWIFTWATER, Pa. -- Schools in a northeastern Pennsylvania district have reopened after authorities did a precautionary search to make sure they weren't harboring Eric Frein, the suspect in last month's deadly ambush of a state police barracks.

The Pocono Mountain School District was closed Tuesday while police searched the district's campus in Swiftwater. Police scoured the elementary, junior and high school buildings but found no sign of the 31-year-old suspect, Eric Frein (freen)
View Quote

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2014/10/northeast_pa_schools_reopen_after_pa_trooper_ambush_suspect_eric_frein_sightings.html

Leads have nothing to due with murders suspect.

Samples were collected and lab analyses were conducted.

The blood droplets on the first home were confirmed to be human blood but DNA testing was negative for Eric Matthew Frein.

Testing on the stain collected at the second residence proved not to be blood at all.

PSP determined that neither of the two investigations are connected to the Frein search.
View Quote

http://www.moscowvillager.com/article/20141022/NEWS/141029914/10054/NEWS
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:46:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Man still being stopped by Troopers despite news story and while being interviewed by ABC News and while wearing yellow reflective vest.

Video of man being stopped by troopers here: http://abcnews.go.com/US/eric-frein-lookalike-stopped-cops-20-times-manhunt/story?id=26353799
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:49:40 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Man still being stopped by Troopers despite news story and while being interviewed by ABC News and while wearing yellow reflective vest.

Video of man being stopped by troopers here: http://abcnews.go.com/US/eric-frein-lookalike-stopped-cops-20-times-manhunt/story?id=26353799
View Quote

Cutoff funding, time to treat it like any other wanted person that's suspected of murder.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:09:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Cutoff funding, time to treat it like any other wanted person that's suspected of murder.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the state won't fund this futile exercise in solidarity, they'll do it themselves. How much do people want to bet that PSP goes on a positively rabid frenzy of traffic citation writing if money becomes an issue?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:43:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that would be one or two detectives and APB over the computer for the first few days after it happened...notice its not getting defended here anymore..even they realize its gone beyond stupid.........That guy getting harassed needs a good lawyer.........that is most likely the only thing that will put a stop to it.........
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#35]
The Tully assault by cop has me changing my attitude about police.
That someone could do that to an innocent and simply get away with it is so wrong.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If the state won't fund this futile exercise in solidarity, they'll do it themselves. How much do people want to bet that PSP goes on a positively rabid frenzy of traffic citation writing if money becomes an issue?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Citations are already down 15%.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh there are LOTS of excuses:

• exigent circumstances

• tense and rapidly-evolving situation

• feared for his life

• qualified immunity

• etc

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

• exigent circumstances

• feared for his life

• qualified immunity

• etc

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

• exigent circumstances

• feared for his life

• qualified immunity

• etc

Local rumor has it someone saw the news article and donated him a car, gofundme account set up by someone else to pay for his registration insurance etc.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:04:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Local rumor has it someone saw the news article and donated him a car, gofundme account set up by someone else to pay for his registration insurance etc.
View Quote

I hope this is true, and if it is true, I hope his story doesn't end like those waitresses that pretended people wrote some racist / sexist / homophobic message on their receipt.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Well that would be one or two detectives and APB over the computer for the first few days after it happened...notice its not getting defended here anymore..even they realize its gone beyond stupid.........That guy getting harassed needs a good lawyer.........that is most likely the only thing that will put a stop to it.........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, PSP r5esponds to homicides with one or two detectives? You have no idea what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:12:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/UVHMlI7.jpg

View Quote

Assaulted?  Did he file a hurt feelings report?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

He is not being stopped by PSP in the video or the still photo you posted.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:21:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't believe there's anyone still defending this goat roping.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't defend anything. I clarified a point.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Medically verified injuries from the previous run-ins...
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:42:56 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Clowns don't beat people for just walking to work, and harass people for "looking suspicious" while getting their mail.  The PSP look like something much much worse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<quote tree prune>

"Expert marksman"

Who got beat?

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:47:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The funny part about the story is that theory is that Frein is a menace to the public yet, a citizen can walk 5 miles each way each day and the only lethal threat he faces is from LEO.
View Quote

Boom headshot.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:48:44 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Northeast Pennsylvania schools reopen after PA trooper ambush suspect Eric Frein sightings
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2014/10/northeast_pa_schools_reopen_after_pa_trooper_ambush_suspect_eric_frein_sightings.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:

SWIFTWATER, Pa. -- Schools in a northeastern Pennsylvania district have reopened after authorities did a precautionary search to make sure they weren't harboring Eric Frein, the suspect in last month's deadly ambush of a state police barracks.

The Pocono Mountain School District was closed Tuesday while police searched the district's campus in Swiftwater. Police scoured the elementary, junior and high school buildings but found no sign of the 31-year-old suspect, Eric Frein (freen)

Samples were collected and lab analyses were conducted.

The blood droplets on the first home were confirmed to be human blood but DNA testing was negative for Eric Matthew Frein.

Testing on the stain collected at the second residence proved not to be blood at all.

PSP determined that neither of the two investigations are connected to the Frein search.

Where does it say the sightings were false?

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:55:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

• exigent circumstances

• feared for his life

• qualified immunity

• etc

An anonymous donor going only by the name, "FTP".
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:15:11 PM EDT
[#50]

The guys probably in Florida watching it on the news.  You know every time a deer ass is seen running threw the woods it is a "sighting"
Page / 50
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top