BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 50
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:55:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OK snarky, I was asking because I hadn't read it and wanted to know where is all.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How do you know where he was shot?

This new thing called the 'media'.

Douglass was rushed to a hospital in Scranton where he had surgery for a pelvic wound.

Douglass, meanwhile, had just arrived at the barracks and was shot in the pelvis as he walked toward Dickson.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/pennsylvania-cop-shooter-hit-troopers-missed-90-seconds/story?id=25550050

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/09/16/profile-of-gunman-who-ambushed-troopers-released/20963037/
OK snarky, I was asking because I hadn't read it and wanted to know where is all.

That's MR. Snarky. Just giving you a hard time, It is Monday after all.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
PSP release photo of Frein's vehicle. Not submerged in pond as reported. Looks like he got stuck in some mud.
View Quote

Never believe anything the media says. Never believe anything a spokeshole parroting third hand information says.

That said, "pond" is a matter of perspective. To some it would be a hole in the ground that contains water year round. To others the hole would have to be a certain size or depth.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:33:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Police did not say what prompted such a response, but later said that a husband and wife were removed from a wooded search area by tracker teams.

"They stated they wanted to get a closer look at our search efforts. They were not cited," said Thomas Kelly, state police spokesman. "We are advising the public not to interfere with our search efforts. Regardless of the land being private or public. If we are there, the public should not be in that same area for obvious safety reasons."

- See more at: http://www.poconorecord.com/article/20140929/NEWS/140929819#sthash.82mw3Xpe.dpuf
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:55:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Wait, this guy is so dangerous that he has 1100 cops searching for him in the woods, that the police decided that the public can go deer hunting?

Deer Hunters Allowed In Pennsylvania Woods Despite Manhunt

The manhunt for the suspect in the ambush that killed a Pennsylvania trooper and wounded another won't stop the opening of deer-hunting season in the Pocono Mountains, one of most prized spots in the Northeast for game, authorities said on Monday.

Beginning Saturday, bow hunters can enter the deep woods of the region even if the search for the suspect, Eric Frein, is still under way, more than three weeks after the September 12 shooting.

Since then, hundreds of officers, supported by armored vehicles and helicopters, have combed the forests of northeastern Pennsylvania looking for the 31-year-old survivalist.
View Quote

Some wonder whether the wave of deer hunters might compromise safety or the effectiveness of the search.
View Quote

http://www.allmediany.com/news/33080-deer-hunters-allowed-in-pennsylvania-woods-despite-manhunt
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:07:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:07:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:14:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Actually might help locate him. Enough hunters in the area, sitting and waiting, see lone guy with AK walking in the woods good chance it is the shooter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait, this guy is so dangerous that he has 1100 cops searching for him in the woods, that the police decided that the public can go deer hunting?

The manhunt for the suspect in the ambush that killed a Pennsylvania trooper and wounded another won't stop the opening of deer-hunting season in the Pocono Mountains, one of most prized spots in the Northeast for game, authorities said on Monday.

Beginning Saturday, bow hunters can enter the deep woods of the region even if the search for the suspect, Eric Frein, is still under way, more than three weeks after the September 12 shooting.

Since then, hundreds of officers, supported by armored vehicles and helicopters, have combed the forests of northeastern Pennsylvania looking for the 31-year-old survivalist.

Some wonder whether the wave of deer hunters might compromise safety or the effectiveness of the search.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7KXPKqyzq2I/Uz4MsA_UYkI/AAAAAAAABH8/UTIOh0nN3xA/s1600/Cage.gif

http://www.allmediany.com/news/33080-deer-hunters-allowed-in-pennsylvania-woods-despite-manhunt

Actually might help locate him. Enough hunters in the area, sitting and waiting, see lone guy with AK walking in the woods good chance it is the shooter.

Some pages back were pics and stories about the cops finding the AK and a couple mags,so supposedly he only has the .308 (unless he had other weapons stashed).
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:37:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Close enough. It's bow season. Hell some bow hunter may get the ultimate trophy hunt and claim the prize. That would be cool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some pages back were pics and stories about the cops finding the AK and a couple mags,so supposedly he only has the .308 (unless he had other weapons stashed).

Close enough. It's bow season. Hell some bow hunter may get the ultimate trophy hunt and claim the prize. That would be cool.

What could possibly go wrong???
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7KXPKqyzq2I/Uz4MsA_UYkI/AAAAAAAABH8/UTIOh0nN3xA/s1600/Cage.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:

There would be hell to pay in Pa if they tried to stop hunting season. Also, the shooter may feel comfortable enough to come out of hiding and try to blend in with the other hunters. A white guy in hunting gear and a scoped bolt action rifle won`t exactly stand out in a crowd in Pa this time of year.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:26:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There would be hell to pay in Pa if they tried to stop hunting season. Also, the shooter may feel comfortable enough to come out of hiding and try to blend in with the other hunters. A white guy in hunting gear and a scoped bolt action rifle won`t exactly stand out in a crowd in Pa this time of year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He'll stand out if he's carrying a rifle during bow season.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:29:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I there a bounty...err...reward yet?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:40:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I deer hunt with an AK...I'd be shot in a heartbeat ha
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:48:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:57:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

cant hunt with semis in pa
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's bow season.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's bow season.

And it's illegal to hunt with semiautos in PA anyway.

ETA: 1 second!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:14:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's bow season.

Ahh gotcha. Here in TX I just use my hog rifle for deer, since I don't hunt enough deer to bother with a dedicated rifle, and the sight lines are shorter anyway
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:17:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:22:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The variance in hunting laws like ccw permit laws across the states is bizarre.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then certain counties in pa or "wildlife management units" you can't hunt with any rifle. It's shotgun or bow only.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:51:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since it's bow season and rifle season doesn't start until after Thanksgiving, yes he will stand out.  And I doubt that he has the orange hunter safety gear with him as well.

If he's still out there, my bet is that a PA Game Commission cop will be the one who arrests Frein.  Someone with a gun during bow season and not carrying a license will be something they can smell their way to.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:21:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This particular arfcom thread seems ... appropriate.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:52:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Founding Fathers sure were smart people.
There are very good reasons for variations from state to state. Hunting in the beautiful rolling hills of southern Indiana is nothing like hunting in the Rocky Mountains.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We only need 1 shot.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#25]
PzFeed Top News ?@PzFeed  8s8 seconds ago
Police on manhunt for suspect in deadly trooper ambush find pipe bombs with trip wire in woods. AP

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:24:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Police on manhunt for suspect in deadly trooper ambush find pipe bombs with trip wire in woods. AP

View Quote

Hunting season just got a little more exciting.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Did they find him yet?
....I guess I'll check back next week.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote
This may turn out like the search for downed airplanes in the wilderness. They never find the crash site, but they find 4 or 5 other missing planes. They may not find Frein, but find 2 meth labs, a weed grow operation, and a sex dungeon.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn,no kidding.

Made me think of the movie Southern Comfort..........
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote
Sounds like they are getting closer.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:33:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

This may turn out like the search for downed airplanes in the wilderness. They never find the crash site, but they find 4 or 5 other missing planes. They may not find Frein, but find 2 meth labs, a weed grow operation, and a sex dungeon.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I heard they came across a bunch of bears sleeping inside caves. Poor bears.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If they used flash bangs inside a small cave, That had to hurt.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:37:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Call me skeptical.   Search the back woods long enough and you're bound to find something nefarious.

There are a couple people back there growing weed too, doesnt make it Frein's. Come to think of it, I've stumbled across a handful of different "booby traps".  One was razor blades in a bush, and another was a little pit with spikes.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Always find cool things while scouting the woods.
Believe there is a tagged thread, 'strangest-creepiest thing you found in the woods.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:06:58 PM EDT
[#35]
No actual booby trap, just supplies.

Police searching for accused cop killer Eric Frein in the dense woods of the Poconos Mountains have found two pipe bombs that could have been rigged to explode with a trip wire, police said today.
View Quote

http://abcnews.go.com/US/eric-frein-manhunt-finds-fully-functional-pipe-bombs/story?id=25865819
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:09:19 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Police searching for accused cop killer Eric Frein in the dense woods of the Poconos Mountains have found two pipe bombs that could have been rigged to explode with a trip wire, police said today.

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/HT_Frein_pipe_bomb_2_mar_140930_4x3_992.jpg

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/HT_Frein_pipe_bomb_mar_140930_4x3_992.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/US/eric-frein-manhunt-finds-fully-functional-pipe-bombs/story?id=25865819

Looks like cannon fuse on one end, with the wire on the other end... Dual ignition, so it could be used as either a grenade or a trip-wire device?

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Looks like cannon fuse on one end, with the wire on the other end... Dual ignition, so it could be used as either a grenade or a trip-wire device?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Also look like they've only recently been put there. Noi rust, excessive dirt or anything to indicate they've been sitting out there for too long.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
He'll stand out if he's carrying a rifle during bow season.
View Quote

Maybe he has a bow somewhere.  Maybe break down the gun or hide it somehow with baggy clothing on a cold morning.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:56:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Did they find him yet?
View Quote

It will happen on a Wednesday.  Everything happens on Wednesday.  Last week they found diapers.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:06:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It will happen on a Wednesday.  Everything happens on Wednesday.  Last week they found diapers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did they find him yet?

I have it on good authority it's goin' down tomorrow!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:42:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did they find him yet?

DAY....

Wait what "Day" are we on?

DAY 19
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Also look like they've only recently been put there. Noi rust, excessive dirt or anything to indicate they've been sitting out there for too long.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ziplock bag would keep them fresh.

They look pretty nicely done.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:07:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Aimpoints on carry handles.

Brush is thick.

Excellent camo except for his head.

Vortex Razor?

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#45]
After looking at The "pipe Bomb" for a couple seconds it looks tiny.

It appears to be a plastic medicine bottle.  The cap is a give away, but it also has a slight orange tinge to the bottle through the black paint.  It looks big at first, but look at how closed the hand is holding it.

Plastic doesn't rust, thus the new look.  It's just spray paint.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:17:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
After looking at The "pipe Bomb" for a couple seconds it looks tiny.

It appears to be a plastic medicine bottle.  The cap is a give away, but it also has a slight orange tinge to the bottle through the black paint.  It looks big at first, but look at how closed the hand is holding it.
View Quote

The smaller they are the more you can carry and set up.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:36:58 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

While growing up in jersey I am pretty sure you couldn't hunt with a rifle, it was shotguns only if I remember right?

Page / 50
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top