Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2014 10:20:02 PM EDT

My guess is that they are headed over to show the flag, and claim credit for stopping the Russians from invading western Ukraine.  

As fighting
between the army and Russian-backed rebels rages in eastern Ukraine,
preparations are under way near its western border for a joint military
exercise this month with more than 1,000 troops from the United States
and its allies.

The decision to go
ahead with the Rapid Trident exercise Sept. 16-26 is seen as a sign of
the commitment of NATO states to support non-NATO member Ukraine while
stopping well short of military intervention in the conflict.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/02/us-ukraine-crisis-exercises-idUSKBN0GX23Q20140902
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:21:52 PM EDT
[#1]
If this is just a show of force, it's a waste of time. Putin ain't skeered.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:21:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Itshappening.gif
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:22:32 PM EDT
[#3]
They've been ordered to rain hellfire upon the enemy.

Social media hellfire, that is. And only if its not too strongly worded. Or culturally insensitive.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:23:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My guess is that they are headed over to show the flag, and claim credit for stopping the Russians from invading western Ukraine.  

As fighting between the army and Russian-backed rebels rages in eastern Ukraine, preparations are under way near its western border for a joint military exercise this month with more than 1,000 troops from the United States and its allies.

The decision to go ahead with the Rapid Trident exercise Sept. 16-26 is seen as a sign of the commitment of NATO states to support non-NATO member Ukraine while stopping well short of military intervention in the conflict.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/02/us-ukraine-crisis-exercises-idUSKBN0GX23Q20140902
View Quote

A sad window dressing of "support" to a country that is being actively invaded.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As fighting between the army and Russian-backed rebels rages in eastern Ukraine, preparations are under way near its western border for a joint military exercise this month with more than 1,000 troops from the United States and its allies.

The decision to go ahead with the Rapid Trident exercise Sept. 16-26 is seen as a sign of the commitment of NATO states to support non-NATO member Ukraine while stopping well short of military intervention in the conflict.

While I would wish for much more, it is still a significant move against Putin.   It is not the number of troops but what it represents.  It's an escalation that will give Putin pause hopefully.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:35:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

While I would wish for much more, it is still a significant move against Putin.   It is not the number of troops but what it represents.  It's an escalation that will give Putin pause hopefully.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Putin has already called Barry's bluff on more than one occasion. I think it will take real no shit action to make Putin pause anything.
ETA: Obummer already lost this hand because it has taken him how many months to do anything. This shows Putin that this is nothing but a weak show of force from a weak man that doesn't want to be involved in the situation to begin with but who is trying desperately not to look like an empty sack. It will not deter Putin at all.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:35:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought this was interesting. List countries by size.  It says Russia is the largest...and growing again
http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/countries_by_area.htm
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:40:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Your move Vlad.

In before the Hunt for Red October gif thingy.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:41:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Meanwhile in the middle east...............
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:43:29 PM EDT
[#10]
People are just going to keep on fucking around until there is an incident. Then we all know what follows.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:44:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:46:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Putin has already called Barry's bluff on more than one occasion. I think it will take real no shit action to make Putin pause anything.
ETA: Obummer already lost this hand because it has taken him how many months to do anything. This shows Putin that this is nothing but a weak show of force from a weak man that doesn't want to be involved in the situation to begin with but who is trying desperately not to look like an empty sack. It will not deter Putin at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much. Obama's pussiness will get us into more fights than Reagan's hardline ever did.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:46:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Didn't we have advisors in Georgia under Bush? I'm not confident this will go as planned, especially with the new putters coming out this month.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:47:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Apology Convoy

FBHO
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:48:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They've been ordered to rain hellfire upon the enemy.

Social media hellfire, that is. And only if its not too strongly worded. Or culturally insensitive.
View Quote

Armed with Instagram and Facebook, we will prevail!
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Actually if anything I think we shouldn't be surprised if Putin gets more aggressive with this news. He knows America doesn't want and can't afford to square off with Russia over the Ukraine so he knows if pushed hard enough we will look for an exit strategy from the situation. If he plays his cards right he can use this to further marginalize America and make us look impotent.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:48:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Can I post a war-chimp picture yet? ..or is that only for past presidents?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:49:50 PM EDT
[#18]
#wearesorryputin
#yolo
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:50:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

This.  Putin wasn't intimidated by Obama's rhetoric after he took over Crimea, he won't be intimidated now.

If we moved the VII Corps to Kiev, then maybe Putin would think twice.  But he knows the average American doesn't care about the Ukraine, and Obama and the Dems don't have the guts to start a shooting war over it.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Itshappening.gif
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:52:56 PM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes

It was fappening last night. So confusing.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:54:54 PM EDT
[#22]
BHO will do nothing for Ukraine until they get a pro level golf course
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:00:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Sounds like a perfect opportunity for a "miscalculation" to occur. Then cue the HfRO meme.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:06:29 PM EDT
[#24]
#badrussiansgohome
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:11:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:20:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I raise you...

It most certainly could cause Putin to stand down.  That being said, nuclear weapons change things a little bit...
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:25:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Double tap
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:26:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:28:45 PM EDT
[#29]
They don't care. What happens when NATO troops get rolled?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:30:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, my friend. I view this as a Big Mistake

Nobody in the world is afraid of BATHOUSE BARRY.
That fucking narcissist is going to get us in a war. His FAGGOT ASS can't cover.

But then again, he'll be safe in his WhiteHut bunker.
While the rest of us burn.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:30:34 PM EDT
[#31]
the US is offering zero war materials to Ukraine.  the US and NATO arent doing shit for them.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:32:27 PM EDT
[#32]
What flag are we waving? A white one? that's the only kind Obama knows how to wave FBHO
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:33:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Fuck it.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:46:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Ukraine is putting up a good fight but in the end without direct support they are screwed. They need to hire a PMC with professional soldiers and get some quality equipment to lay waste to those a holes.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:50:43 PM EDT
[#35]
How do you think Ukraine was fighting the insurgents so well over the last month?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:53:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Putin will Bitch Slap Obama before his first coffee break tomorrow morning.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 3:13:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Actually if anything I think we shouldn't be surprised if Putin gets more aggressive with this news. He knows America doesn't want and can't afford to square off with Russia over the Ukraine so he knows if pushed hard enough we will look for an exit strategy from the situation. If he plays his cards right he can use this to further marginalize America and make us look impotent.
View Quote

Nevermind...
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 3:17:02 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Nevermind...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nevermind...

Don't really see the 'googly-eyes' here.

The guy is pretty spot on.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 3:24:36 AM EDT
[#39]
You know if your going to put troops over in Ukraine, at a time like this, you better be ready to fight. Literally.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 3:27:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Looks like the Russians are ready for war.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#42]

yup, at the least a cold war #2
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:19:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Putin will call our bluff.  He knows we have are hands full with ISIS/Terrorists and don't have the resources or money to do anything significant to stop him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top