BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:31:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Here we go again.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I posted in a thread a few days ago offering 5000 rounds of .22lr for free.......If anybody paid attention to me....... Validated my existence here on Arfcom......... Ignored......

I just tossed it into a lake.......

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I posted in a thread a few days ago offering 5000 rounds of .22lr for free.......If anybody paid attention to me....... Validated my existence here on Arfcom......... Ignored......

I just tossed it into a lake.......

View Quote

It's a shame how much artillery exists at the bottom of lakes in this country.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:11:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

As someone that works 2 jobs, I'll never understand how an individual can let a rifle sit for over a year like that and never shoot it. I am saddened by this, OP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stand by for good advice OP,

Try the tech forums. Many well known (non-team) members there.

AR Variants is just one example.

But remember to leave the BS in GD, when you go into a tech forum as it's not tolerated there.

Good advice over, contuine hazing OP.

I received some good advice a year or so ago when I was building my AR.  That's actually how I found this site.  I haven't been able to acquire much in the way of ammo, so I haven't put a single round through it yet.  It's been sitting in my closet for nearly a year now...

As someone that works 2 jobs, I'll never understand how an individual can let a rifle sit for over a year like that and never shoot it. I am saddened by this, OP.

I built a 300 BLK rifle AND a 300 BLK pistol, and handloaded ~2500 rds, but have not shot either one yet. It's been well over a year +.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:28:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I feel your pain.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:50:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
People tend to remember team members by their avatars. Some of them have a lot of credibility. Others are recongized instantly as trolls and general assclowns, so it works both ways.
View Quote

Who you calling an assclown?

Kharn

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:37:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Be my guest. This thread went 2 years and 3 days before I had enough. Some of the guys here take a brutal advantage on what you offer, others are willing to send a pmag or buy a membership for a simple avatar fix or just the notion of offering free services to the community. With that being said I bought my first membership and haven't bought one for myself since.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can reply as much as you want, but people are less likely to respond to you. As someone else said, people remember each other by their avatars, so without one you are less recognizable and less memorable.

I've tried to work out paying just for the ability to create a great avatar for this site and maybe contribute to creating some for others.

Be my guest. This thread went 2 years and 3 days before I had enough. Some of the guys here take a brutal advantage on what you offer, others are willing to send a pmag or buy a membership for a simple avatar fix or just the notion of offering free services to the community. With that being said I bought my first membership and haven't bought one for myself since.

Out of curiosity, what are the dimension/filesize requirements for an avatar?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Paying members are elitist thugs who buy the right to violate coc.

I've been given a timeout for coc violating comments I made to a paying member. Paying members have not been given timeouts for doing the same to me.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I've been given a timeout for coc violating comments I made to a paying member. Paying members have not been given timeouts for doing the same to me.
View Quote

Do you try to get threads locked regularly?

It's the internetz, take it easy, relax and go find something funny on YouTube.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, but the truth sometimes hurts enough for higher powers to take action. I have no problem telling the truth or taking the heat/punishment for it. I do kill threads all the time, and it's not from violating coc.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You guys all look the same without avatars.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:44:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Nope, but the truth sometimes hurts enough for higher powers to take action. I have no problem telling the truth or taking the heat/punishment for it. I do kill threads all the time, and it's not from violating coc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

13'ers gon' 13.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Elitist thugs? Seems a tad over the top don't ya think?

Cry us a river
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

woot woot!  now this thread may grow some legs!

Tell us where the bad man touched you!  hell, call em all out in the pit! just make sure to have your links and facts ready to go!
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:27:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Fucks sake.

Borrow your dad's lawnmower and do your neighbor's lawn for $24.

Could have already done it in the time you wasted diddling in this thread.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Fucks sake.

View Quote

And you assume I still live at home because?

What I wouldn't give to be able to go borrow my dad's mower...
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:42:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Do you have anything worth a minimum of $24, that you wouldn't mind selling?

Throw it up in the EE, with an asking price being a Team Membership.  The buyer gifts you a membership, you ship them their item.  Boom.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#18]
I can kill a thread just by posting in it.

Oops.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:44:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fucks sake.

Sorry, pal.

I just assumed that if you don't have $24, you don't have your own place.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:44:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll guarantee I have more locks and timeouts than you, and I've been a paying member for most of my time here.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:45:20 PM EDT
[#21]
you only get 140 characters.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Sorry, pal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fucks sake.

Sorry, pal.

No apology necessary.  I've had an unusual amount of family loss for someone my age.  Kinda numb to it now.

I do have my own place and a family.  It's not that I don't have $24 to spend, it's that I'm focused on getting to a good financial state so that I can then get started doing the things I want to do with my family.
Keeping things on lockdown (not crazy status lockdown where we do nothing, just sticking to what we plan for) for about 3 more years, then we'll hopefully be able to relax.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

BUT.....THEY are paying for this "service".  Gotta be some perks to paying.  
    I've seen what GD does to female noobies who unwisely post pics of themselves revealing too much(but no coc).  Especially the girls here...jealousy, envy.  I don't blame them for ignoring "the freeloaders"; as called by one Staff Member.  Apparently non-payers are THIEVES ; of course they help build the site, support the bizz on the site.  OH WELL....that's life.  For ME it's when I hit 5k posts, that's MY goal.  Then maybe I can see all those neked pics they show in BOYT.  OH yeah, what about DONATIONS?  I may have to get permission to be a paying non freeloader.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I've seen what GD does to female noobies who unwisely post pics of themselves revealing too much(but no coc).  Especially the girls here...jealousy, envy.  I don't blame them for ignoring "the freeloaders"; as called by one Staff Member.  Apparently non-payers are THIEVES ; of course they help build the site, support the bizz on the site.  OH WELL....that's life.  For ME it's when I hit 5k posts, that's MY goal.  Then maybe I can see all those neked pics they show in BOYT.  OH yeah, what about DONATIONS?  I may have to get permission to be a paying non freeloader.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys sound like whiny little teenage girls. If you dont like it, buy a fuckin membership. Otherwise, shut up and take the criticism and mockery you FREELOADERS deserve.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You guys sound like whiny little teenage girls. If you dont like it, buy a fuckin membership. Otherwise, shut up and take the criticism and mockery you FREELOADERS deserve.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 6:07:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I've seen what GD does to female noobies who unwisely post pics of themselves revealing too much(but no coc).  Especially the girls here...jealousy, envy.  I don't blame them for ignoring "the freeloaders"; as called by one Staff Member. Apparently non-payers are THIEVES ; of course they help build the site, support the bizz on the site.  OH WELL....that's life.  For ME it's when I hit 5k posts, that's MY goal.  Then maybe I can see all those neked pics they show in BOYT.  OH yeah, what about DONATIONS?  I may have to get permission to be a paying non freeloader.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen what GD does to female noobies who unwisely post pics of themselves revealing too much(but no coc).  Especially the girls here...jealousy, envy.  I don't blame them for ignoring "the freeloaders"; as called by one Staff Member. Apparently non-payers are THIEVES ; of course they help build the site, support the bizz on the site.  OH WELL....that's life.  For ME it's when I hit 5k posts, that's MY goal.  Then maybe I can see all those neked pics they show in BOYT.  OH yeah, what about DONATIONS?  I may have to get permission to be a paying non freeloader.

Provide link, or BS
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 6:22:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Provide link, or BS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Provide link, or BS

Part of being on the freeloader program is unless you make a record/save link manually there is no way to find it.

In other words: being part of the FSA carries with it a pass to lie (not that I would EVER do that) and plausible deniability.

Hot damn, this might be the first thread I helped give some (short) legs to.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Part of being on the freeloader program is unless you make a record/save link manually there is no way to find it.

In other words: being part of the FSA carries with it a pass to lie (not that I would EVER do that) and plausible deniability.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Provide link, or BS

So you don't know how to do a google site search?  Don't remember what the threads are about?  Play your boohoo games with someone else, because I'm not buying it
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 6:40:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
bumfightref, but I can't say it wasn't done without pictures

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think there has ever been a non-member who's achieved Legend status.   You just don't get the recognition without a picture to imprint into minds.
bumfightref, but I can't say it wasn't done without pictures

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I remember people by their avatars, for the most part.
View Quote

Me too, stop changing yours.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 6:43:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I think chucktruthmaster did.  His thread was so epic someone actually bought him a membership.  He was the guy that was going to OC at walmart because guys kept looking at his wifes ass.  He posted pics of her giant butt and things went full retard.  He started making youtube response videos and posting them.  Man, that was a great thread....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think there has ever been a non-member who's achieved Legend status.   You just don't get the recognition without a picture to imprint into minds.
I think chucktruthmaster did.  His thread was so epic someone actually bought him a membership.  He was the guy that was going to OC at walmart because guys kept looking at his wifes ass.  He posted pics of her giant butt and things went full retard.  He started making youtube response videos and posting them.  Man, that was a great thread....

Link?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 6:46:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So you don't know how to do a google site search?  Don't remember what the threads are about?  Play your boohoo games with someone else, because I'm not buying it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Provide link, or BS

Can't do a search through the site for GD stuff, and I do not know how to do a google-arfcom search.

Thanks for caring.

ETA and yes, in fact it is really difficult to remember what the threads were about.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:39:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its even funnier that the minimum buy in for being Team is $24.

People act like its an exclusive club thats hard to get into.  (OK, Life Memberships do sorta fall into that category.)

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#34]
I rarely use the search here.  Google is far better.  Go to Google.  Type in "search term site:ar15.com".  Done.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:43:26 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I've seen several members get team memberships donated by posting something that damn good, actually.

This thread does not qualify, however.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:45:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Im telling you non-Team members, dig through your spare parts box and sell stuff on the EE.  $24 will come quickly.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:31:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I've seen what GD does to female noobies who unwisely post pics of themselves revealing too much(but no coc).  Especially the girls here...jealousy, envy. I don't blame them for ignoring "the freeloaders"; as called by one Staff Member.  Apparently non-payers are THIEVES ; of course they help build the site, support the bizz on the site.  OH WELL....that's life.  For ME it's when I hit 5k posts, that's MY goal.  Then maybe I can see all those neked pics they show in BOYT.  OH yeah, what about DONATIONS?  I may have to get permission to be a paying non freeloader.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen what GD does to female noobies who unwisely post pics of themselves revealing too much(but no coc).  Especially the girls here...jealousy, envy. I don't blame them for ignoring "the freeloaders"; as called by one Staff Member.  Apparently non-payers are THIEVES ; of course they help build the site, support the bizz on the site.  OH WELL....that's life.  For ME it's when I hit 5k posts, that's MY goal.  Then maybe I can see all those neked pics they show in BOYT.  OH yeah, what about DONATIONS?  I may have to get permission to be a paying non freeloader.

Who among the ARFettes have you seen do this?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:12:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

People act like its an exclusive club thats hard to get into.  (OK, Life Memberships do sorta fall into that category.)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah it's silly. Gd aside, the knowledge that can be gained here makes it worth every damn penny. There are a lot of genuinely good guys on here that try to help all they can and using their knowledge I've paid for my membership ten fold with money I've saved.

Eta: Thats why I bought a membership. I could do everything I wanted with a non-paying membership but I wanted to show my support to those who built this place and made it all possible
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:15:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hell, I've gotten a warning for telling a non Team member he was a .......

My first, and I'd do it again, in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yeah it's silly. Gd aside, the knowledge that can be gained here makes it worth every damn penny. There are a lot of genuinely good guys on here that try to help all they can and using their knowledge I've paid for my membership ten fold with money I've saved.

Eta: Thats why I bought a membership. I could do everything I wanted with a non-paying membership but I wanted to show my support to those who built this place and made it all possible
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do it for the Subscriptions button.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:26:02 PM EDT
[#41]

I do it for the Subscriptions button.

View Quote

That and the little green button sure are handy

BOTD is overrated though..........
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:30:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Bingo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, if you don't have a little picture by your name you are forgettable and almost invisible in large threads.

Bingo.

Definitely. I know very few usernames, but always recognize avatars. I won't remember names but I'll associate the pictures with moron/JBT/asshole/attentionwhore/funny/smart/ etc.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:21:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Im telling you non-Team members, dig through your spare parts box and sell stuff on the EE.  $24 will come quickly.

View Quote

You heart-less soul.  I just did the walk of shame to the wife for cash and paid.  "What is ARFCOM" she asked, is it "boolets, powder, a new firearm, reloading stuffs, optics?"  I said no, its more like paying for a hooker to stomp on your balls.  She smiled and said "go for it"....I think a "dumb-ass" was whispered but not sure.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:24:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Wow, look it's Josh from Kyfbodies.Hi Josh.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:44:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Wow, look it's Josh from Kyfbodies.Hi Josh.
View Quote

Rob, what's up?
I still have my LS1Motorsports sticker on my back window, LOL.  Thinking of selling the car though...
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 12:00:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't he the one with the chemtrail videos as well?    lol

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 12:06:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya see all the responses ya get when ya press the right buttons Oh, and Jane, my wife says you look a lot like her when she was a kid.  Just say'n.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 12:11:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a heads up. Strongarming/harassing non paying members in an attempt to get them to buy a membership violates coc policy and will earn a time out. No BS.

13'ers
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 12:20:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

As am I.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stand by for good advice OP,

Try the tech forums. Many well known (non-team) members there.

AR Variants is just one example.

But remember to leave the BS in GD, when you go into a tech forum as it's not tolerated there.

Good advice over, contuine hazing OP.

I received some good advice a year or so ago when I was building my AR.  That's actually how I found this site.  I haven't been able to acquire much in the way of ammo, so I haven't put a single round through it yet.  It's been sitting in my closet for nearly a year now...

As am I.

Were are you in KY? If you're close enough I'll give you a round.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 12:26:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Same....but you changed yours again, damnit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same....but you changed yours again, damnit.

Shit, I still miss the "mask".
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top