Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2014 2:59:34 AM EDT
Except when she has gone long periods without getting bathed, or has been outside rolling around in muck, my dog puts off a scent that I find somewhat soothing and comforting...For whatever reason I notice it more often when I am just chilling out and petting her..

Other dogs scents ?  Not so much..they often times just smell too much like a dog..

I know.  CSB and
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:03:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Love it, freshly bathed he smells like shampoo, then he slowly transforms to the smell of "Fritos", his nick name is Frito Feet. Then he gets another bath, maybe 2-3 weeks max.

My dog is a white pit so he never really smells bad, like some other long haired dogs can.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:10:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Sort of understand. Sort of.

But there is a definite cut off point from his smell to his stinking of dog.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:15:54 AM EDT
[#3]
The smell of dog has got to be one of the top-10 worst smells.  

I won't pet other peoples dogs because of it.  

Our dog is taken to the groomers for a bath and shave (Husky/Chow) every 3-4 months.  She only starts to stink once her fur gets long again...
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:39:58 AM EDT
[#4]

She smells nice when she's just had a bath, but the minute she gets excited about something, and she's always excited about something, the "I'm marking my territory" stink is back full force.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:43:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Honestly... My lab and two pugs don't have a small
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:44:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Love it, freshly bathed he smells like shampoo, then he slowly transforms to the smell of "Fritos", his nick name is Frito Feet. Then he gets another bath, maybe 2-3 weeks max.  

My dog is a white pit so he never really smells bad, like some other long haired dogs can.
View Quote

Fritos, that's what I was going to say. I have 3 pugs, they all smell like fritos a week after bath.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:51:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Even after a bath, he smells to high heaven.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:56:23 AM EDT
[#8]
My lab doesnt really smell...unless shes wet then
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:23:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Joking right?.....My boxer girl just got a de-skunk bath(like 2 minutes ago)....NO.. she don't smell good......I think her collar is ruined...I'll keep the dog though...
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:26:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I've got one that has an odor that doesn't offend and one that smells like a garbage scow left out in 90 degree heat for a week. I bathe them both regularly, but my one really is a stinky mutt.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:28:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:37:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Dogs are the best smelling people in the history of the universe.

Their feet smell like Fritos.

Anyone who doesn't like the way dogs smell is most likely an inkie.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:38:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Dogs are the best smelling people in the history of the universe.

Their feet smell like Fritos.
View Quote

Man I always tell my wife that the dogs smell like corn chips.  Guess I'm not the only one.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:39:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Feet and inside of the lab's ears smell like fritos.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:40:01 AM EDT
[#15]
I guess I do, since I was using his body wash for two weeks before my wife told me it's body wash for dogs
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:44:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Yup, when my lab is clean I bury my face in his fur and we bond.

I do the same with the wife, btw, and even strangers if they let me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:49:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Yes I do love the way my two collies smell (usually, anyway!). Maybe it's because I just love them so much? Their feet smell like Fritos. They seem to like the way I smell as well...
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:50:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Dogs stink and dogs and/ or cats, or any animals in a house is disgusting.  

Ya'll fucking stink and have hair stuck to your clothes and there is hair and shit in every square inch of your disgusting homes and yards.  

It's not apparent to ya'll, but people who don't live in the filth of animals get hit with the stench pretty hard.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:50:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Depends if she has recently rolled in the carcass of her last kill, eu de dead-bird is not the best smell in the world.  Regularly she is fine though
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:52:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Ya'll fucking stink and have hair stuck to your clothes and there is hair and shit in every square inch of your disgusting homes and yards.  

It's not apparent to ya'll, but people who don't live in the filth of animals get hit with the stench pretty hard.
View Quote

I bet you change your underwear once a month
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:59:47 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote
Poor baby...

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:02:07 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote

I can smell the weirdo on you through the internet. That's a smell I know.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:04:18 AM EDT
[#23]
What! His ass ?
Ill let you know as soon as he stops dragging it on the carpet!

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:05:35 AM EDT
[#24]
My wife's chihuahua smells like cornbread.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:14:49 AM EDT
[#25]
My dogs have two entirely different smells when freshly bathed and shortly after. I like both and could easily identify either by smell alone. They get bathed about once a month, though the short-haired hound could go longer than the Bordie Collie who gets "ripe" much faster.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:26:02 AM EDT
[#26]
imagine how humans must smell to dogs...
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:26:25 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

Mine too,though his fur is semi-long (especially his tail 'feathers')

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:28:29 AM EDT
[#28]
My chihuahua has a pleasant, sweet smell, almost like a baby's. It's good that he smells nice, because he sure is a lap dog.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:29:14 AM EDT
[#29]
When they're clean they smell fine. I wouldn't say I like it enough to go snort some of my dog's scent while they're snoozing on the couch, but it's far more tolerable than the way they smell after we take them to the lake.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:29:44 AM EDT
[#30]
No and I don't like how my cats smell and I don't like how my teenagers smell.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:33:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well bless your heart...
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:44:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I solve that problem by not befriending folks who think as you.  My life is much happier that way.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:50:21 AM EDT
[#33]
No!!!  Both of mine (Aussie & Catahoula) stink and smell that much worse even after a bath.  My damn house smells like dog
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:52:50 AM EDT
[#34]
You smell pheromones OP.  Resist the urge.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:57:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dude, I'm usually quick to call an ass out, but you know what? I actually think I just feel sorry for you...
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:58:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

WOW! You want to let us know how really feel?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:14:40 AM EDT
[#37]
I have had a male husky and elkhound at the same time and now have female elkhound. As long as she is clean, I like the way she smells. I especially like the way she smells when she has been sleeping.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:30:39 AM EDT
[#38]
No. That's why the bitch is outside. Who the fuck sniffs their dog? You're weird.

I like the way my wife smells. That is normal.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:37:56 AM EDT
[#39]
No but everything else he does totally makes up for the dog smell. He's a goofball and a big baby.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:40:04 AM EDT
[#40]
My dog is still a puppy so yes.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:43:57 AM EDT
[#41]

Do you smell under the tail OP?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:45:09 AM EDT
[#42]

I brush my dog daily and spray her with a special colloidal oatmeal fur conditioner.  She smells better than most people.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:56:37 AM EDT
[#43]
To me the best smell in the world is one of my dogs that has been running in a field of grasses, weeds and wild flowers. An herbal bouquet of fur and nature.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top