Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:42:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Wolf I really did not touch on the more mafia style theft rings.
Just examples of what was compiled in less than a year of a multiple year job for me that became not worth the risk for compensation.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:44:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There a a case of shoplifting in my city where the perp went hands on with the LP. The perp was a 220lb man and LP was a 100lb woman. They wrestled around for a few before some patrons got involved. Needless to say he got the shit beat out of him. What was funny is he thought the police should arrest the people who stepped up and helped the woman he beat on. The cops laughed at his request. He did not win any civil judgement and spent a fair amount of time in jail for multiple counts of theft and assault.
View Quote

Totally misread that.  Ignore this post...
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:50:53 AM EDT
[#3]
One and only case like that I had the shoplifter's family got paid.  Idiot grocery store LP thug chased a guy out over two bottles of beer.  Shoplifter was smart and dropped both bottles once LP showed up (negating the right to detain).  LP was stupid and continued pursuit.  Wrestled with the guy and ended up throwing him in front of a car, killing him.  Idiot fucks in management fired us as lawyers because we told them to settle, because the family would get paid.  The new lawyer lost the case big time.  All in all it was a nice bit of stupid all around.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:57:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I wish they beat him more. A lot more.

And I hope they keep their jobs! Shoplifters wouldn't shoplift if they got the old whooping. Period.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:59:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Honestly unless you do LP you have no clue the true scum and vile pieces of shit you will encounter.
More than one pedophile arrested for stealing kids toys.  Known and wanted for not checking in and active investigations the PD had going.  One depraved shit bag was hiding used needles in the toy section, also did a couple of loaded speed balls around the store. (speedballs are loaded syringes full of whatever garbage the shitballs are injecting and blood. More than a few needle sticks in the store I was in.)

View Quote

No.  No it's not.  Why would they inject blood (other than their own after aspirating with an insulin needle to ensure they are in the vein)?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:00:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oh mah god.  Call the police.

You're the one with a phone in your hand, dumbass!  
View Quote

I don't think most people realize they're phones anymore.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:07:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No.  No it's not.  Why would they inject blood (other than their own after aspirating with an insulin needle to ensure they are in the vein)?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly unless you do LP you have no clue the true scum and vile pieces of shit you will encounter.
More than one pedophile arrested for stealing kids toys.  Known and wanted for not checking in and active investigations the PD had going.  One depraved shit bag was hiding used needles in the toy section, also did a couple of loaded speed balls around the store. (speedballs are loaded syringes full of whatever garbage the shitballs are injecting and blood. More than a few needle sticks in the store I was in.)

That is what they call it around here.  They aspirate it and inject but have a few made up in case.  Who the fuck knows what goes through a mind melted on heroin or meth a combo there of.  
ODs were not uncommon in the shitters either.

The one that scared the ever loving shit out of me was the lady who was looking through picture frames, got stuck to the first knuckle. There was enough force to push the plunger on that shit needle 3/4 down, it had been filled 50/50 of heroin and blood. I still have a phobia of reaching for shit on a store shelf if I cannot see behind it.

She became Hep C positive due to that stick.  The Company paid her off and covered her medical.

A few of our night crew who stock the shelves are got tagged on a few needles. None were premade, just filthy as fuck.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:33:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That is what they call it around here.  They aspirate it and inject but have a few made up in case.  Who the fuck knows what goes through a mind melted on heroin or meth a combo there of.  

The one that scared the ever loving shit out of me was the lady who was looking through picture frames, got stuck to the first knuckle. There was enough force to push the plunger on that shit needle 3/4 down, it had been filled 50/50 of heroin and blood. I still have a phobia of reaching for shit on a store shelf if I cannot see behind it.

She became Hep C positive due to that stick.  The Company paid her off and covered her medical.

A few of our night crew who stock the shelves are got tagged on a few needles. None were premade, just filthy as fuck.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not meth, either.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:42:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I can tell you, my dept would have charged them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gotta love LP

All of em would be facing charges here

No they wouldn't.

I don't know where people get the idea the LP are not legally allowed to detain people.  They are.  If they're not "allowed", it's company policy, not legality.

Presuming a good theft (the item was taken past all points of sale) and the suspect physically resisted detention, my department would charge the suspect with robbery and LP would be listed as additional victims - especially considering that the suspect produced a weapon.
Now, if LP went straight to punching the suspect upon contact, yeah, they'd be looking at charges, but that doesn't look like what happened here.
Your department sounds.... odd.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:46:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
3) It is unreasonable for another human being, that is not invited, to ever touch me
4) It is unreasonable for persons neither dressed as police, nor employed as police, to emulate police
View Quote

If you steal, you're inviting them to touch you.  Maybe a lot if you resist their lawful detention.
Don't like it?  Don't steal.  Everybody's happy.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:50:06 AM EDT
[#11]
FAC's. (Fake ass cops) lol
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:02:43 AM EDT
[#12]
*whack!!

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:08:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's not meth, either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not meth, either.

Dude the needle freaks at the time the shit happened were shooting methadone, black tar heroin, crank, or any of the other bullshit combos they wanted.
They were calling preloaded rigs of blood and shit speedballs, the junkies called them that and we called them that.
Maybe your lingo is different there but as I said at the time it is what it was called out here.
If the garbage they shoot up and how they set it up has changed I don;t fucking know nor do I give a fuck. I know and saw some innocents contract some horrible shit due to the junky bullshit of dumping uncapped rigs filled with drugs and blood in a motherfucking grocery store, and in the bathroom garbage cans.

But that was a MAJOR reason I got out of the line of work, to many needles.
I don't know if it has changed but it was for a time some sort of sadistic gleeful game these junkies were doing by spreading their misery and diseases by leaving infected needles places or bent in pockets so people patting them down get stuck.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:24:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No frowny face. Unless those guys are off duty cops, they don't have the authority to attempt to detain someone outside of their store. If they are off duty cops, then they should be carrying adequate gear to detain someone, IE pepper spray, baton, etc..

This looks like a case of power trippers who went outside the realm of their authority to me, and I've personally seen the outcome from a similar situation with a guy I went to high school with. I posted earlier that the $40 dollars in DVD's he jacked turned into a multi thousand dollar home entertainment system.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Derpfest. But it's Wal Mart, so no surprise.

eta: dude who allegedly stole is looking at a good payout if those were indeed Wal Mart employees who took him down.

Why is the thief going to get paid?

Cuz Murica.

No frowny face. Unless those guys are off duty cops, they don't have the authority to attempt to detain someone outside of their store. If they are off duty cops, then they should be carrying adequate gear to detain someone, IE pepper spray, baton, etc..

This looks like a case of power trippers who went outside the realm of their authority to me, and I've personally seen the outcome from a similar situation with a guy I went to high school with. I posted earlier that the $40 dollars in DVD's he jacked turned into a multi thousand dollar home entertainment system.

Why would anyone carry a baton off duty?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:13:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Oh man those two guys are so fucked! They are gonna have their pay garnished for the next 50 years... Hey thats the society we live in
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:17:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Gotta love LP

View Quote
This.

LP guys would be charged with assault easily. Looks like one of them struck the guy in the side of the head even before the knife was pulled. I shuddered when I heard that crack on the pavement. I think the guy as much as I hate to say it might have a decent payday coming.

Walmart has a policy about if they make it outside of the store (Into the parking lot) you cannot go after them for safety reasons. There was a lot of fail in that video. I'm not defending the shoplifter by any stretch but both those LP guys will most likely be fired.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:22:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Presuming a good theft (the item was taken past all points of sale) and the suspect physically resisted detention, my department would charge the suspect with robbery and LP would be listed as additional victims - especially considering that the suspect produced a weapon.
Now, if LP went straight to punching the suspect upon contact, yeah, they'd be looking at charges, but that doesn't look like what happened here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gotta love LP

No they wouldn't.

I don't know where people get the idea the LP are not legally allowed to detain people.  They are.  If they're not "allowed", it's company policy, not legality.

The amount of force used prior to the stabbing appeared to be a bit much. That's according to me and a few other deputies I showed. Going off of the video alone, I'm not seeing any stolen goods so I would need to know if LP was acting on suspicion or fact
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:53:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

eta: dude who allegedly stole is looking at a good payout if those were indeed Wal Mart employees who took him down.
View Quote

dude got off alot easier than stealing from my house..........

good beatdown!
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:21:03 AM EDT
[#19]
this thread is bumming me out. Bye.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:53:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah def. Both will be fired too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit, asshole pulled a knife , good head smash
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:10:34 AM EDT
[#21]

They couldn't possibly pay me well enough to do LP at WalMart. I hate even being in the same building with most of their Customers.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:55:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Kinda takes blading at a 45 degree angle at wal mart a whole new meaning....
View Quote

I was wondering if it was the same guy...
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:01:46 AM EDT
[#23]
stop resisting?

Would have called fake were it not for all of the blood.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:15:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:18:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:22:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:24:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Interesting.   Like a goatfuck.

Loss Prevention better get their shit straight before they try that retard rodeo with someone that has a gun.    Two plainclothes fucks try and touch me and they're getting shot, regardless of whatever they're saying.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:25:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Loss Prevention better get their shit straight before they try that retard rodeo with someone that has a gun.    Two plainclothes fucks try and touch me and they're getting shot, regardless of whatever they're saying.

Yep.

Of course, it also improves your odds if you don't steal.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:31:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

True
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:32:39 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Wrong!  At least in my state shop keepers can make arrests on shoplifters just like police can. Now if false arrest, yeah lawsuit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because after Wal-Mart fires them they won't have high-price attorneys protecting them from the lawsuit of "I was defending myself from being attacked by two guys that weren't police but were attempting to imprison me / kidnap me" ?

Wrong!  At least in my state shop keepers can make arrests on shoplifters just like police can. Now if false arrest, yeah lawsuit.

I'd bet that you can 'arrest,' but can't legally detain anyone.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:32:57 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

That looks and sounds like a scene straight out of Trailer Park Boys LOLOLOL

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/l60_66.jpg
View Quote

Great movie!

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:33:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Canada's laws regarding LP may be drastically different than ours, I know England's are.  There's a series on netflix where the first 3 episodes cover shoplifting in the UK.  Between what the LP are allowed to do (detain you away from store, in a different store, whatever they feel like, they just better be right) and the police not being "hamstrung" by the 4th Amendment, it's a shitfest.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:49:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

do you plan on stealing something? If you do I hope you get worse, if not then why do you care.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:50:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

They couldn't possibly pay me well enough to do LP at WalMart. I hate even being in the same building with most of their Customers.

View Quote

Yup I hear ya there.  I go in and after all the I come out or if around a major holiday it's
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:54:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:54:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

do you plan on stealing something? If you do I hope you get worse, if not then why do you care.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Loss Prevention at Wal-Mart and other stores have a history of "going hands on" with people that they falsely accuse of criminal activity.

Isolated Incident
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:59:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm not seeing any stolen goods so I would need to know if LP was acting on suspicion or fact
View Quote

Why does that matter? Most states recognize a common law or statutory shopkeepers's privilege which only  requires cause to believe a theft has occurred.  

Your curiosity is irrelevant.  But I guess by your logic we should determine whether you, as LEO, violated the 4th Amendment based upon whether you actually found drugs during the search.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shopkeeper's_privilege

The privilege to detain, although recognized in many jurisdictions, is not as broad as a police officer's privilege to arrest.[2] If the shopkeeper exceeds the bounds of this privilege and makes an arrest, the lawfulness of his action will be determined by the jurisdiction's rules governing arrest by a private citizen. The shopkeeper's privilege is for the purpose of investigation only; if, after reasonable detention and investigation, the shopkeeper mistakenly concludes that the suspect is guilty and has him arrested, he presumably becomes liable for these acts just as he would have been had he committed them without undertaking a prior detention and investigation.[3] Statutes in many states have broadened the common law privilege by expressly permitting detention of the suspect until the police arrive.[4] In other cases, case precedent has provided shopkeepers with similar tools.[5] The practical effect of these extensions is to give the shopkeeper the same privilege as a police officer to make an arrest on reasonable grounds.[6]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:02:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yup I hear ya there.  I go in and after all the I come out or if around a major holiday it's
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I do have to go there for something, I hit them first thing in the morning. The factor is at its lowest before 9 A.M.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#39]
I bet a USGI AR-15 magazine, used, that the two "loss prevention" guys in the video will not be employed by Wal-Mart as of November 1, 2014.

Any and all takers are welcome.

There's tons of people in this thread that believe that everything in the video was perfect and wonderful and there will be no repercussions for the two loss prevention guys.  Now is your chance to put your money where your mouth is, since "in some states" or "in my state" the actions of these CANADIANS is cool and wonderful and glorious and nothing will come of it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:12:59 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Do you have the fancy black gloves?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Loss prevention does not have police authority. They are not allowed to go hands on unless the suspect initiates it. Once the suspect leaves the building, it's in police hands.

Based on video, they're in the parking lot, well away from the building. Kind of hard to tell from the video, but they at least followed him out and in Wal Mart corporate eyes should a lawsuit against them happen, started the confrontation.

Rule of thumb for LP is observe and report, if you can confront them in the store, good, but never leave the store to attempt to stop them.

I've been working LP since I got out of the Army(shit job, hate it, looking for something better, no I'm not a wanna be cop.. I'd be a cop if I wanted to be one).  We are told to not attempt an apprehension until the shoplifter leaves the store.  Corporate wants it very cut and dry that the person was indeed stealing.  It isn't cut and dry until they remove merchandise from the store without paying for it.  Concealing merchandise is illegal per state law, but corporate won't let us do anything until they leave the store.

Do you have the fancy black gloves?

No, but does not want to be a cop, definitely not, not no way.  The thought never occurred to him, doesn't sound the least bit appealing, never entertained the idea.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:21:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

A guy who went to my highschool got tackled by Best Buy's LP guy in the parking lot over a couple DVD's he lifted. He ended up with a real nice multi thousand dollar home entertainment set. Not bad for around $40 bucks in DVD's.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A guy who went to my highschool got tackled by Best Buy's LP guy in the parking lot over a couple DVD's he lifted. He ended up with a real nice multi thousand dollar home entertainment set. Not bad for around $40 bucks in DVD's.

I dislike thieves.  I would rather see the man killed for stealing instead of being rewarded for it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:29:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Shit...........I thought the dude in black got stuck in his side. He's fucking lucky.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my God. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god.....

Yeah dumbass, just sit there and videotape it while some dude tries to stab your friend. Good job.
View Quote
Came here to post this.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:45:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Came here to post this.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my God. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god.....

Yeah dumbass, just sit there and videotape it while some dude tries to stab your friend. Good job.
Came here to post this.

You fucking ingrates.  The man did excellent camera work for your entertainment. He didn't even hold the camera the wrong  way or annoyingly turn the camera on himself during the action to yell out Worldstarhiphop.  Bitch, bitch, bitch.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:47:35 AM EDT
[#45]
They chose poorly

Extendable baton to the hands and forearms for the win
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Cracked that head like an egg
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:52:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Had he already loaded the pressure washer into his vehicle? If so good beat down

All bullshit aside a real knife could very easily have changed the outcome substantially.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:52:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
They chose poorly

View Quote

Illegal in NY and evidence of premeditation.

Just grab a can of creamed corn on your way out.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:55:32 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

You know what is the biggest bullshit of this story? Is that if the two guys were cops they would be getting pay raises...
View Quote

And you base this on?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:59:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They chose poorly

Beat down with creamed corn ...I like it . Got creamed
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top