Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:20:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw a documentary on this very thing, Premium Rush.

Yes, very dangerous indeed.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:26:05 AM EDT
[#2]
We have to stop this cycle of hate.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:33:15 AM EDT
[#3]
The fact that we allow transportation through a fares to be used as personal fitness tracks is reprehensible. I don't mind the guy riding to work, but come on the guy who is out for a work out should find another place to ride.

As for the folks who post about cars being the problem are out of touch with reality. Fitness riders seldom follow the rules of the road and are inconsiderate ass holes.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:33:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AR15.com is full of lots of angry people.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:53:01 AM EDT
[#5]
During my time in the state of Washington, I ran into quite a few bikers. From my experiences I'd say it was about half and half so far as good bikers vs dickhead bikers. If on a narrow highway type road (50mph speed limit type road) the good ones would at least try to stay closer to the white line in the lane to give people behind them an opportunity to pass, or occasionally pull off when an open shoulder presented itself. Saw alot of these guys on Highway 20 between Oak Harbor and Anacortes. The dickheads would stay right in the middle of the lane, doing about 20 the whole way, and not even acknowledge your presence behind them. That got old quick.

Around out in Skagit County, especially around Mt. Vernon I seem to encounter more dickhead types than the good ones. The type that would blow through 4 way stop light intersections complete with cars screeching to a halt to avoid hitting them, damn near getting rear ended in the process, with the bike rider giving the guy that just avoided killing him a dirty look. Saw that a few times. Got stuck behind one on a back road with a 45 or 50 mph speed limit, and couldn't pass him due to just enough cars in the oncoming lane. Dude just sat in the middle of the lane the whole time, and all I could do was sit there practically idling behind him for about 15 minutes before the next turnoff came up. But, as I said, there were plenty of good ones too.

I do think though that if the city wants to build bike lanes and charge people a tax for it, they should register and charge bicycles for it instead of motorists. Maybe treat it like ATV or boat registration or something. While a bike owner may own a car, a car owner may not own a bike.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:54:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Fuck bicyclists and their special shoes that clip to the pedals ! Fags !

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:58:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Look at me in my spandex!  I ride my bike for fun!  Or because I think im cool.  

Fucking phaggotry!
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:04:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Fucking phaggotry!
View Quote

You jelly?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:05:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The biker was probably talking to that person, because they did something dangerous that almost hurt the biker. Every time a biker goes out for a ride, everything is trying to kill you and not one person cares about your safety.

Drivers are disrespectful and don't follow the law, especially around bikers.

Don't be angry, get a bike and enjoy the ride, just like when you were a kid. You might even lose a few pounds and meet some awesome people.

By the way, they wear the tights because everything else can get caught on the bike, if you are riding hard.

Not a bad way to spend a few bucks getting healthy instead of your 15th AR15 that you bought for your SHTF situation when you won't be able to get your bum off the couch to defend yourself anyway.

Sorry, I'm just angry that everyone seems angry about bikes. Had a knee surgery and switched to bikes since I can't run much. Very scary when you go for a ride. lots of angry people.

Respect your local bikers, good people.
View Quote

Whattsa matter? Ain't you got a car.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:13:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Bull shit.  They are self absorbed dangerous people that create dangerous traffic conditions by not being able to keep up with motor vehicle speeds.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bull shit.  They are self absorbed dangerous people that create dangerous traffic conditions by not being able to keep up with motor vehicle speeds.

Most arent but some are.

Ive had people chew me out for riding where i ride. The shoulder is damn near 10 feet wide but people dont pay attention
They see me at the last minute and swerve into the other lane even though im 7ish feet away.

Most of the bicycle ppl here are like me. Small business managers or owners that have high blood pressure and struggle with their health. Im not one to ride on narrow roads with no shoulders but its legal so i dont get mad. Its no different than the people that drive 30 under the speed limit.

What scares me most about bicycling isnt that it is inherently dangerous bc it isnt any more so than riding dirt bikes or lots of other things. Its the rage i know most of the 'Murrica locals around here feel towards us and the fact that some (including my dad just yesterday) have said it will good when we get hit, maybe to knock some common sense into us.

Yes my dad is a cdl driver of 40 years and is excited for me to get hit from behind at 65 so ill have some comon sense. He is a good example of the ignorant fucks that populate rural towns.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:21:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You jelly?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking phaggotry!

You jelly?

Not a fucking chance.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:32:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's because on a bike the concept of momentum becomes readily apparent. It requires a lot of effort to stop and start constantly. I think it's fine for bikes to roll through intersections. I just don't care. Some of you guys sure are wound tight.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The biker was probably talking to that person, because they did something dangerous that almost hurt the biker. Every time a biker goes out for a ride, everything is trying to kill you and not one person cares about your safety.

Don't be angry, get a bike and enjoy the ride, just like when you were a kid. You might even lose a few pounds and meet some awesome people.

By the way, they wear the tights because everything else can get caught on the bike, if you are riding hard.

Not a bad way to spend a few bucks getting healthy instead of your 15th AR15 that you bought for your SHTF situation when you won't be able to get your bum off the couch to defend yourself anyway.

Sorry, I'm just angry that everyone seems angry about bikes. Had a knee surgery and switched to bikes since I can't run much. Very scary when you go for a ride. lots of angry people.

I see about 20x the amount of bikers running stop signs than I do cars.

Just saying.

That's because on a bike the concept of momentum becomes readily apparent. It requires a lot of effort to stop and start constantly. I think it's fine for bikes to roll through intersections. I just don't care. Some of you guys sure are wound tight.  

That is because when I am driving on the road, I expect that others on the road are all going to obey the same rules. If this occurs, there are less accidents because you know what the other people are going to do given a certain situation(ie -when the light is red for them, I expect the people with the red light to stop) working on that assumption I proceed through the intersection.I bought a dash cam for exactly this reason, I want evidence that the idiot who ran through a red light was at fault when I turned him into a eraser smear.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:37:08 AM EDT
[#13]
I couldn't even enjoy driving through Glacier National Park last year due to the fckwits on bicycles clogging the roads with a mile of traffic behind them I never ONCE saw them use a turnout to let people by, even though the signs clearly told them to... I was shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, to see cyclists being twats.

I don't think I've ever met one that wasn't a stuck-up prick, including me when I used to do it. Then I suddenly grew a brain and realized how dangerous it was no matter who was at fault.

My favorite was the gang of cyclists stopped on a 2 lane road, on top of a blind hill, with about 2 feet of shoulder, STANDING IN THE ROAD. I never got close to them, but my horn did make one shove another into the ditch in a panic

I ride mountain bikes on trails now. And whoever mentioned DFW cyclists was spot on, but Austin is even worse (which is to be expected).

ETA: I saw three of them almost get nailed when they ran a stop sign a couple of days ago.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:41:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yesterday  morning...I seen a shit ton of those narrow motherfuckers riding down the fucking road taking up the right lane slowing down EVERYBODY! They pissed me the fuck off....fuckers need to get the fuck on the side walk! Thats what I do when I ride my bike. They riding like they cant get mistaking for a human speed bump!

Youre not shitting about one thing...everything does try to kill your ass, this fucking hawk down this one block I ride down in the last 3 years that rat bastard has hit my head 3 times...managed to get away the rest of the times...riding bikes is seriousness business.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:56:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yesterday  morning...I seen a shit ton of those narrow motherfuckers riding down the fucking road taking up the right lane slowing down EVERYBODY! They pissed me the fuck off....fuckers need to get the fuck on the side walk! Thats what I do when I ride my bike. They riding like they cant get mistaking for a human speed bump!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Riding a bicycle on the sidewalk in certain cities will get you a ticket. This has been covered in most of the previous bicycle-hate threads. Look for it right after coal-rolling is mentioned.

FWIW, I cycle on the trails whenever possible. Aggressive automobile drivers - especially those who deliberately go out of their way to fuck with pedestrians and cyclists - definitely justify a 511 carry setup.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:07:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Riding a bicycle on the sidewalk in certain cities will get you a ticket. This has been covered in most of the previous bicycle-hate threads. Look for it right after coal-rolling is mentioned.

FWIW, I cycle on the trails whenever possible. Aggressive automobile drivers - especially those who deliberately go out of their way to fuck with pedestrians and cyclists - definitely justify a 511 carry setup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont fuck with them trying to ride up their ass or get close to their side. I did yell out yesterday (fucking sidewalks) I never got a ticket for being on the sidewalk so I dont think its illegal to do it in texas,
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:20:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Oh, good...another "I hate cyclists" thread. It's been what? Three days or so since the last one?

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:21:04 AM EDT
[#18]
These threads amuse me

For a group of people who are such staunch defenders of their rights and freedoms, y'all sure do get worked up about some people exercising other rights and freedoms.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:35:27 AM EDT
[#19]
OP - are you bored ? or just stupid ?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:45:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:47:40 AM EDT
[#21]
The biker tards here demand to be respected on the road, yet break every rule of the road as a matter of course...except speeding.

The countless douches among them;

1) Lane spilt in heavy traffic
2)Ride several abreast to block more highway
3)run stop lights and signs
4)Have no problem jumping onto that sidewalk at their convenience and then jumping out in front of you at high speed in a crosswalk when they decide to get back on the street
5)Use no hand signals for turning
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:51:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Pulled up to a four way stop.  No vehicles are moving.  Cyclist in in the middle of the road having a conversation with the driver in front of me.  Car to the left is an unmarked police car.  Cyclist  is mad, goes to speed away, tangles up his feet and goes down hard in the middle of the intersection.  Wish I had thought to use my phone to record it.
View Quote

That's the kind of the that's worth having a dashcam for.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:56:52 AM EDT
[#23]
No WAY would I ride a road bike these days.

It was dangerous before cell phones, now it's insane given most people are texting/looking at phones.  It's not safe on a sidewalk walking, let alone riding a bike.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:05:45 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I fucking hate fucking road cyclists.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"GD, I saw something not really interesting, but it involved a bike today. Please love me for sharing"

And they hate me.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:13:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Cyclists are out there getting exercise, and perhaps they are putting less of burden on the health care system as a result.

They are also utilizing a quiet form of transportation that doesn't spew garbage into the air, which is quite considerate of them if you think about it.

Oh, and there are plenty of them who have jobs and pay their taxes, which is what we use to build the roads in the first place. Perhaps they are entitled to a bit of road space like everyone else?

Really, what is with all the hate on here? I just don't understand it. Are folks in that much of a hurry that they can't slow down for the occasional cyclist?
View Quote

It's arfcom. It's full of bitter people who are angry at the world.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:15:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:17:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

By the same token, when horse riders are on the road they expect drivers and indeed cyclists to exercise some caution and give them the necessary space.

I found it interesting that as someone who is presumably in favour of safety for horse-riders who are on the roads and would expect to be given due space and respect from other road users, you would have so little consideration for cyclists.  Not all roads have bike lanes which means that sometimes cyclists will be forced to use the roads.

A little respect, consideration and patience by all road users would go a long way to reducing accidents and stress IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Especially me!

Really - I slow down and wait to pass until it's safe.  Just pisses me off when I'm hauling a trailer with horses and have to slow way down and wait five minutes to get by them and move on with my day.

Ride on roads with bike lanes.  Don't think that because you can, you should, ride roads that are designed for motorized vehicular traffic.

By the same token, when horse riders are on the road they expect drivers and indeed cyclists to exercise some caution and give them the necessary space.

I found it interesting that as someone who is presumably in favour of safety for horse-riders who are on the roads and would expect to be given due space and respect from other road users, you would have so little consideration for cyclists.  Not all roads have bike lanes which means that sometimes cyclists will be forced to use the roads.

A little respect, consideration and patience by all road users would go a long way to reducing accidents and stress IMO.

Hey, now...don't you be throwing common sense and civility into this!  
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:27:19 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm not a road cyclist, but as a %, there are just as many douchebag, inconsiderate, distracted, auto drivers as there are road cyclist.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:43:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Have the CHL cyclists shown up yet? (DB380 btw)
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:55:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Oh, go to hell.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why does everyone have to always be dicks to one another?

I'm 35 now and I'm getting tired of people being so negative towards each other.

Oh, go to hell.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:59:41 AM EDT
[#31]
They ride on Farm to Market roads up here, out of shape, 10 miles from nowhere. No water, no IFAK, no gun. What could go wrong?

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Especially me!

Really - I slow down and wait to pass until it's safe.  Just pisses me off when I'm hauling a trailer with horses and have to slow way down and wait five minutes to get by them and move on with my day.

Ride on roads with bike lanes.  Don't think that because you can, you should, ride roads that are designed for motorized vehicular traffic.

At one point when I was younger, dumber and had access to quiet country roads I would ride a horse on street.  There is no fucking way I would ride a horse on the road these days.  The closest I have come in a long time is riding across one where the trail forced me to (that or no go).  I drive too much and see the stupid things other drivers do.  I like my life, I like my horse.  Roads are for cars, trucks and other motorized vehicles.

I other words - you presumed wrong.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Have the CHL cyclists shown up yet? (DB380 btw)
View Quote

Was considering that or a S&W BG .380
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:08:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s93.photobucket.com/user/VACaver/media/bikecry_zpsbf9d767c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/VACaver/bikecry_zpsbf9d767c.jpg</a>
View Quote

Awesome.

I wonder how many of the self important drivers in this thread can say that they have never gone over the speed limit, never failed to signal, never California rolled a stop sign, etc? That's what I thought.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:14:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Most arent but some are.

Ive had people chew me out for riding where i ride. The shoulder is damn near 10 feet wide but people dont pay attention
They see me at the last minute and swerve into the other lane even though im 7ish feet away.

Most of the bicycle ppl here are like me. Small business managers or owners that have high blood pressure and struggle with their health. Im not one to ride on narrow roads with no shoulders but its legal so i dont get mad. Its no different than the people that drive 30 under the speed limit.

What scares me most about bicycling isnt that it is inherently dangerous bc it isnt any more so than riding dirt bikes or lots of other things. Its the rage i know most of the 'Murrica locals around here feel towards us and the fact that some (including my dad just yesterday) have said it will good when we get hit, maybe to knock some common sense into us.

Yes my dad is a cdl driver of 40 years and is excited for me to get hit from behind at 65 so ill have some comon sense. He is a good example of the ignorant fucks that populate rural towns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most arent but some are.

Ride with me on my ride into work in the AM.  

Up a mountain that is usually foggy, with no shoulder, and at least 10 blind curves in the course of 3 miles.  I encounter no less than 5 of these shitheads on any given day, most of the time more than five and they are always around one of the blind curves going 5 mph while everyone else is going 25 mph.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:21:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Once in a while bad things do happen to bad people.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see about 20x the amount of bikers running stop signs than I do cars.

Just saying.

Then you won't mind when I roll through the intersection in my burban' and over your bicycle right? I mean it's all about momentum, it takes a lot of effort to stop that beast.

3 bikes in my garage and I stop at stop signs in my car, motorcycle and bicycles.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:25:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:32:51 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Nice!!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"GD, I saw something not really interesting, but it involved a bike today. Please love me for sharing"

Just do oral then
Ba-dum-tsssssss

Nice!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:43:26 AM EDT
[#41]
it never gets old

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:44:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Spandex road warriors.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:47:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

But all that starting and stopping is good for you, builds up your legs and all and isn't that half the point?

Heck it just has to be the point because it sure does not look like a manly endeavor.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:02:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
3)run stop lights and signs
4)Have no problem jumping onto that sidewalk at their convenience and then jumping out in front of you at high speed in a crosswalk when they decide to get back on the street
5)Use no hand signals for turning
View Quote

#3 is why I quit riding in groups.  Cyclists in general have no respect for stop signs.  I do stop at all of them, real hard to ride with a group where nobody else does that.  I totally get why they don't stop though.  The most precarious part of cycling is the stopping/starting process (especially with clipless pedals).  To me that means it should be practiced, not avoided.

#4 I do that all the time and am not sorry for it one bit.  We're too slow for the road and too fast for the sidewalk, so we have to bounce between them as conditions dictate.  Sometimes the road is safer, sometimes the sidewalk is safer (as a percentage of miles cycled, there are far more accidents on sidewalks than on the road, but there are some roads where it's obviously the safer choice).

#5 Control of the bicycle comes first, signalling second.  If it's not safe to signal (going over bumps/through gravel), it doesn't happen, or might happen so fast that you missed it due to not looking at me that exact second.  It's a rare car that signals at all these days, so not sure what you're REALLY complaining about here...

The one I'm surprised I haven't seen much mention of is "Stupid cyclists always riding in the road instead of on the shoulder of the road".  What you don't see as your driving along is that the shoulders of most roads are very poorly maintained.  It's very likely that it's not safe to ride there.  Typically they have gravel, glass, tree branches, and occasionally tire eating cracks.

As far as slowing transportation down, you should encourage more cycling.  If more people cycled, there would be actual cycling lanes, and all those people would not be driving cars and causing traffic jams...  Think how much faster you could get around if there were only 1/2 or 1/4 the number of cars on the road!
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:40:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah... no.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:45:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Not every road has a bike lane.  Here in Eastern PA, I can't think of one road near me that has a bike lane, most don't even have decent shoulders
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Especially me!

Not every road has a bike lane.  Here in Eastern PA, I can't think of one road near me that has a bike lane, most don't even have decent shoulders

I cringed when you guys passed the 4 foot law.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:35:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
During my time in the state of Washington, I ran into quite a few bikers.
SNIP
View Quote

Good man.  Keep up the great work!

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:05:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I keep my cycling to sidewalks and bike trails due to shitty drivers and people like OP.
View Quote

What the fuck are you talking about?  The OP didn't say shit about you or your kind.  

That right there is part of the reason why people can't stand you bike riders. You stay pissed off at everyone that isn't on a bike.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:07:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Just do oral then

Ba-dum-tsssssss
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just do oral then

Ba-dum-tsssssss

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:09:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

What the fuck are you talking about?  The OP didn't say shit about you or your kind.  

That right there is part of the reason why people can't stand you bike riders. You stay pissed off at everyone that isn't on a bike.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I keep my cycling to sidewalks and bike trails due to shitty drivers and people like OP.

This, in a thread full of people who's blood pressure skyrockets whenever they see someone on a bike.

Oh, the irony.  

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top