"But it needs to be changed."

"Okay watch this so it doesn't burn."

Five minutes later.

"I dinner ready yet?"
View Quote

What is she doing during this time?  
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:53:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya'll got it wrong it's " mentalpause". Mine, just about, is over it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Lol

Not 10 seconds ago

"My car needs an oil change"
"Would you feel like getting the laundry basket from downstairs?"

30 yrs now I know the game

But she did make meatballs and a pot of sauce today and I got my fill of samples

Compromise is what it is

Like water grasshoppers, path of least resistance...
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:07:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Wife: I need to go to the store

Me: Okay, get ready and I'll be ready in 10 minutes.

Hours later after Kelly and Mike, Dr OZ or whatever Doctor is on TV, then a soap opera.

It's now 3:30.

Wife: I'm getting hungry, what are you fixing for dinner?

Me: I thought you wanted to go to the store.

Wife: Maybe tomorrow, I don't feel like it anymore today

Me: Somebody, Lord are you around, please take me...please!
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most recently:

"Can you change the baby's diaper?"

"I'm cooking your dinner right now."

Five minutes later.

"I dinner ready yet?"

Probably texting her friend about what a lazy POS her husband is.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:19:34 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife always asks me if I will "help her". Something like "Will you help me paint the bathroom?" That means will you paint the bathroom while I stand around? Now, as long as she is standing around in shorts and a tank top, I'm OK. I learned though that if I say "yes" she will start bringing it back up like "I thought you were going to help me paint the bathroom".  Now if she does that I say "Let me know when you have the paint" because there is no damn way I'm going to help pick the color so I can be blamed if she doesn't like it.

Women just like to talk about things. If one of my buddies wants to go fishing he will text me "Want to go fishing Sat? Will pick you up at 4:30:" I text back "Yes." We are done. No need to keep talking about it for days before we go. We already said it. Women would talk about it all week and get each other little gifts.

I can't imagine living in a culture where you have more than one wife.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

She obviously took it to mean you had nothing that you wanted to do so she was free to put things on the schedule.  

Perhaps if you'd have said, "I don't want to go anywhere, see anyone or do anything at all but relax and scratch and my balls" she'd have known what you meant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wife:"Whaddya want to do this weekend?

Me:"Nothing."

Wife, bit later: "Okay, we have dinner with the Johnsons at 6, tomorrow we need to go to the movies with the Smiths, tomorrow night you're taking me to dinner, sunday we need to go to the store and visit your parents, and then the Russells are coming over for dinner..."

Me: "That's a whole lot of nothing...."

She obviously took it to mean you had nothing that you wanted to do so she was free to put things on the schedule.  

Perhaps if you'd have said, "I don't want to go anywhere, see anyone or do anything at all but relax and scratch and my balls" she'd have known what you meant.

Yeah.  I am learning that I need to be more....descriptive in my answers.  But not too descriptive!  Kind of like the whole "What are you thinking about?" question.  I have learned to say "Guns" or "Video Game Stuff" instead of "Nothing".
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:48:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most recently:

"Can you change the baby's diaper?"

"I'm cooking your dinner right now."

Five minutes later.

"I dinner ready yet?"

Actually normally complaining that I haven't done enough around the house. Even though I do all the laundry, cooking and cleaning.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#9]
My wife has a magical way of knowing when i just sit down to relax and then asks me to get up and do something that i could have done minutes before.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine will ask me to do something, then explain in great detail how i should do it. FTN
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:53:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine plays about like below,  except she usually waits to give me this shtick after we are 6 blocks from home in the car.   It drives me nuts.

Me: where do you want to eat?

her: I don't know and I don't care.

me: seafood

her:  no

me: chinese

her: no

me: thai

her: no

me:  steak

her:  no

me:  Well where do you want to eat?  You're the one that wanted to go out for dinner

her:  I don't know and I don't care

me:  aaaaarrrrruuuuuugggggg!

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#12]
My Wife will have no interest in a TV show that I am watching, tell me how she hates it, then as I am watching it ask me questions about it?? then when I tell her she needs to watch the show to understand whats going on she tells me she doesn't want to watch itwhy are you asking then
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:59:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Oh, don't let that get in the way of a good "Let's Bitch About Women" thread.

I swear sometimes y'all are worse than a crowd of old biddies at a sewing circle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If this is the stickiest thing in your relationships, I'm guessing ya'll are alright!

I swear sometimes y'all are worse than a crowd of old biddies at a sewing circle.

A Mary Kay party of menopausal triple divorcées would bitch less and be more free from drama.

But to the OP's question: judging by the constant background hum of misogynowhining in GD,  a woman merely breathing is profoundly offensive to SomeMen here.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Guys ....you are all giving excellent examples of gender differences in communication.

Women in the US tend to have a very indirect way of communicating.

Sociolinguistics is good stuff.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:10:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

They all have horns. Well, except our mothers.
View Quote
Some of those have horns. I've read some real horror stories on here about people's moms. Luckily my siblings and I lucked out and had a great mother.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:13:14 PM EDT
[#16]
For a decade, I said "Dear, I'm a guy.  I don't fucking do hints.  Not subtle hints, not obvious hints.  If you fucking want me to do something, just fucking say it."  And I refused to do it until she said it.  Finally (after a decade) she understands.  But even now, she'll do the "would you like to..." and I just give her the stink eye.  She gets this guilty look on her face and says "Oh, yeah.  No hints.  I remember now."
Most of the time.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Mine and I do the same thing

Wife: Do you want to take out the garbage?

Me: No, I don't want to.  

View Quote

Who the fuck doesn't say 'No' when asked?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Invented debts.

"Can you do this massive project for me? I did make you cookies last week."
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Wait till she hits menopause.
View Quote

F $£?$ ING A

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Do you think she wants to fuck everytime you say "honey you wanna fuck"?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Its a blessing, not a curse, honest.    mine just tells me to do things.  Simply, honestly, "The trash stinks, please take that out."  Least it cuts through the bullsh*t.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah.  I am learning that I need to be more....descriptive in my answers.  But not too descriptive!  Kind of like the whole "What are you thinking about?" question.  I have learned to say "Guns" or "Video Game Stuff" instead of "Nothing".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wife, bit later: "Okay, we have dinner with the Johnsons at 6, tomorrow we need to go to the movies with the Smiths, tomorrow night you're taking me to dinner, sunday we need to go to the store and visit your parents, and then the Russells are coming over for dinner..."

That's how you do it.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

A Mary Kay party of menopausal triple divorcées would bitch less and be more free from drama.

But to the OP's question: judging by the constant background hum of misogynowhining in GD,  a woman merely breathing is profoundly offensive to SomeMen here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If this is the stickiest thing in your relationships, I'm guessing ya'll are alright!

I used to sell Mary Kay and can confirm your theory.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Why should we even have to ask you to take out the trash???  Did you not see it was full when you tried to push it down into the bin when you added that last beer cam?

Just curious
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Why should we even have to ask you to take out the trash???  Did you not see it was full when you tried to push it down into the bin when you added that last beer cam?

Just curious
View Quote

Are your arms broken?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:48:15 PM EDT
[#26]
These threads remind me of how lucky I am.  Going to give my wife a hug now.  

....and take out the trash.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:48:45 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

If my wife asks me : "do you want to.....?" I just respond honestly.

Ex:

Her: do you want to take out the trash?

Me: no.

Her: do you want to change the baby's diaper?

When she gets annoyed with me, I simply say: "you asked me if i wanted to... If you don't want to know, then don't ask. If you'd like me to do something, you should  have just said "will you please do.....?"

I've been using this strategy for the last year.  So far I haven't seen any change in the spousal unit. I will report back after another year or two of experimenting with this approach.
View Quote
So, hows the sex life?

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm in the living room, lights off, tv is off, blanket and it's nighttime. Obviously asleep.
Wife turns on the lights and asks me what I am doing.
"im baking a cake, what's it look like I'm doing!"
Man she got pissed, I still say that bake a cake thing to her from time to time...
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:05:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Do they ever say, would you mind having sex right now?
View Quote

On Occasion!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:10:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If my wife needs me to do a task, she will just ask.  "Can you take out the trash" ..... the kicker is, she usually will back up to me and/or rub up on me while batting her eyes while asking.  She knows I can't say no when she does that shit
View Quote

Wow, such a small simple gesture, yet so effective. I wish.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:14:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They all have horns. Well, except our mothers.
View Quote

Wiser words were never spoken, er, typed.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:18:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Walk from room to room turning on lights but does not shut them off when she leave the rooms.

Take a bath or shower and then leave the damp used towel on the bedroom floor day after day until there are no clean towels left. All the while you keep hoping to yourself that she will please PICK THEM THE FUCK UP AND AT LEAST PUT THEM BACK IF NOT TO WASH THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drink the last bit of something in the fridge and then place the empty container back inside like its going to magically refilled its fucking self!

Be off work all day & when you get home from a 10 hour shift, bitch about why you didn't do the dishes this morning.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 6:20:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Wifey:  "Honey, do you want to take out the garbage?"

Me:  "I live my life for it."

Wifey:  "Don't be a smart ass."

Me:  "Please, please, please if  you want me to do something just ask like this, "Honey, would you please take out the garbage or check the mail or start a load of laundry.....you know?  I am happy to do all those things, but just ask me to do those things, and not if I want to."

Wifey:  "I think it is a woman thing.  Would you like to give me your opinion?"

Me:  "Arghhhh!  There you go again.  The prior Ms. Goldstein did the same thing after I begged her to stop.  The $20k divorce was nearly worth It just to stop hearing her do that."

Wifey:  "Point taken.  Would you like to massage my feet?"

Me:  

That's my example of estrogen poisoning or that thing that women seem to be born to do.

Would you like to give me your example?
View Quote

Wouldn't have to worry about all that soft shit if you was married to a puerto rican.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:24:28 PM EDT
[#34]
been married 11 years and my wife still hasnt got the hint that i dont talk through walls. if you want to ask me something then come ask me something. dont yell from the other room. i wont answer
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:52:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Her: Can I go to the bathroom?

Me: That's between you and your urologist.

She LOLed and (usually) uses proper english after that one.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:06:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Women don't want to hear what you want. They want to hear what they want, in a deeper voice."

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:10:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like it or not, Arfcom is a boy's club. 99.9% of the members are male, or at least don't identify as female.

What do guys bitch about, to other guys? Women.

Deal with it.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:12:46 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote
Never after wedding cake.

Before wedding cake, all the time.

Must be something in the cake.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:28:38 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
View Quote

I do, kinda.  Actually, what I say is, "Baby, if you don't have any plans for your dick for the next couple of minutes, could you stick it in me?"

Is it wrong that I phrase this as a question?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:31:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Like it or not, Arfcom is a boy's club. 99.9% of the members are male, or at least don't identify as female.

Deal with it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Deal with it.

I just did.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:00:45 AM EDT
[#41]
My wife usually does this. "Hey, how good are you at doing (some complete pain-in-the-ass task)?"

I think she takes any answer to that as a unconditional acceptance that I want to do nothing else but to whatever she's planning.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:03:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Walk from room to room turning on lights but does not shut them off when she leave the rooms.

Take a bath or shower and then leave the damp used towel on the bedroom floor day after day until there are no clean towels left. All the while you keep hoping to yourself that she will please PICK THEM THE FUCK UP AND AT LEAST PUT THEM BACK IF NOT TO WASH THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drink the last bit of something in the fridge and then place the empty container back inside like its going to magically refilled its fucking self!

Be off work all day & when you get home from a 10 hour shift, bitch about why you didn't do the dishes this morning.
View Quote

holy shiat at first I thought I had drunk posted last night
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:06:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I do, kinda.  Actually, what I say is, "Baby, if you don't have any plans for your dick for the next couple of minutes, could you stick it in me?"

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Completely unrelated...

I miss your "Good Morning, Arfcom!" threads.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:23:05 AM EDT
[#44]
My wife has never said anything like that to me. If having the garbage taken out was that important to her, she'd take it out.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:00:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
My wife has never said anything like that to me. If having the garbage taken out was that important to her, she'd take it out.
View Quote

That's my approach.  When the trash bag in the container under the sink is full, I put it in the trash can.  When the bag in the trash can is full, I put it in my truck and take it to the dump.  Avoids the possibly of chickenshit semantic quibbling.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:08:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh damn.....nice, real nice!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:22:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If my wife asks me : "do you want to.....?" I just respond honestly.

Ex:
Her: do you want to take out the trash?

Her: do you want to change the baby's diaper?

When she gets annoyed with me, I simply say: "you asked me if i wanted to... If you don't want to know, then don't ask. If you'd like me to do something, you should  have just said "will you please do.....?"

I've been using this strategy for the last year.  So far I haven't seen any change in the spousal unit. I will report back after another year or two of experimenting with this approach.
View Quote

If you two live to be 103 there will be no change up to the day you die.

Save your breath.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:27:19 AM EDT
[#48]
When the wife asks what I'm thinking about, I just respond, your boobs.

If she wants me to do something she'll just ask me the question while rubbing her butt against me. Hard to tell that ass no.

The painting and yard projects and shit like that I don't mind doing. She's a good wife and it keeps me from having to watch Once upon a time or American Horror Stories on Netflix while she cleans or cooks or folds laundry.

I'd rather be out in the garage tinkering with something or working on the chicken coop or looking for ways to hide a pygmy goat in the yard without the neighbors seeing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:34:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Now if she does that I say "Let me know when you have the paint" because there is no damn way I'm going to help pick the color so I can be blamed if she doesn't like it. .
View Quote

Never, NEVER pick the paint.

The hell starts when they can't make up their mind and the entire downstairs needs painting.

That's when you get several gallons of primer tinted haze grey and a pint of signal red and prime the downstairs with it and stencil the switches, electrical plugs, doors and windows so the place looks like the inside of a destroyer.

THEN they make up their minds FAST.

As far as color goes, I once made it clear I decorate in a few colors. OD, chocolate chip brown, desert tan, Navy gray , signal red, neon orange and neon pink. Because of this SHE chooses the color.

FWIW men can be colorblind, women can't. As a result women have a greater sensitivity to color and it means more to them. Let HER choose the color even if you have to force the issue.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:36:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn you, Jane!

Now I got coffee all over my shirt and keyboard....AGAIN.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top