Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 25
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Murray already has a tendencey to fumble and if he is wearing some big ass cast that will only multiply it.
View Quote

It's been almost two months since Murray last had a fumble (*knock on wood*),  but there were some big ones.  Take away one of those fumbles and the Cowboys are probably 11-3 right now with the division locked up and a good shot at the #1 seed.  Take away two of them and the Cowboys might very well be 12-2 right now.

However, IIRC, the majority of his fumbles occurred when he was wrapped up fighting for a meaningless extra foot.  If it does play I wouldn't expect him to be doing much of that.

Though I will admit with the way he carries the ball it looks like he's just one average hit away from fumbling on about half his carries.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 7:18:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It's been almost two months since Murray last had a fumble (*knock on wood*),  but there were some big ones.  Take away one of those fumbles and the Cowboys are probably 11-3 right now with the division locked up and a good shot at the #1 seed.  Take away two of them and the Cowboys might very well be 12-2 right now.

However, IIRC, the majority of his fumbles occurred when he was wrapped up fighting for a meaningless extra foot.  If it does play I wouldn't expect him to be doing much of that.

Though I will admit with the way he carries the ball it looks like he's just one average hit away from fumbling on about half his carries.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Murray already has a tendencey to fumble and if he is wearing some big ass cast that will only multiply it.

The "loaf of bread" technique.

Fucking drives me insane...
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:20:40 PM EDT
[#3]
The Colts are pretty much locked into the 3rd or 4th seed so hopefully Chuck Pagano errs on the side of caution and gives some of his banged up players the day off.  Especially T.Y. Hilton.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:51:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I gotta disagree.

If Murray thinks he can go, the coaches think he can do, and the training staff thinks he can go, I say let him play.

If the Cowboys lose this game then in all likelihood it's not going to matter how healthy Murray is after this because even if the Cowboys go 11-5 they won't make the postseason.

The only exceptions to letting Murray play this Sunday would be if the Redskins beat the Eagles and/or the Bears beat the Lions.  However, considering that both those teams are favored by more than a TD it doesn't seem very likely.  Especially now that the Bears have benched Cutler and are starting Clausen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree. Let Murray heal.

I gotta disagree.

If Murray thinks he can go, the coaches think he can do, and the training staff thinks he can go, I say let him play.

If the Cowboys lose this game then in all likelihood it's not going to matter how healthy Murray is after this because even if the Cowboys go 11-5 they won't make the postseason.

The only exceptions to letting Murray play this Sunday would be if the Redskins beat the Eagles and/or the Bears beat the Lions.  However, considering that both those teams are favored by more than a TD it doesn't seem very likely.  Especially now that the Bears have benched Cutler and are starting Clausen.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:19:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm terrible w/ all the wild card/playoff math necessary to decipher everything.

Where do the Cowboys/Eagles stand now?  I know Dallas leads the conference but Eagles still only one game back?  Or if Dallas wins tomorrow they'll be 2 behind Dallas?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:22:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm terrible w/ all the wild card/playoff math necessary to decipher everything.

Where do the Cowboys/Eagles stand now?  I know Dallas leads the conference but Eagles still only one game back?  Or if Dallas wins tomorrow they'll be 2 behind Dallas?
View Quote

If the Cowboys win tomorrow they win the division.

The only way the Eagles make the playoffs now is if they win the division and the only way that happens is if they beat the Giants next week and the Cowboys lose their last two games.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

If Dallas wins either of their last two games, Dallas wins the East.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:24:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The only way the Eagles make the playoffs now is if they win the division and the only way that happens is if they beat the Giants next week and the Cowboys lose their last two games.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.  Will be interesting.  I can see the Colts beating the Cowboys but not sure I see them losing to the Redskins.  But certainly not a gimmie.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:47:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks.  Will be interesting.  I can see the Colts beating the Cowboys but not sure I see them losing to the Redskins.  But certainly not a gimmie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was very worried about the Colts game with Murray and Martin being questionable and Free out.  Also the added pressure of it being a must win game.

Now it's no longer a must win game and it looks like some key players for the Colts are probably not going to play including T.Y. Hilton and  Vontae Davis.  If Davis can't go Dez Bryant could have a field day.

The Colts are pretty much locked into the 3-4 seed so if they wanted to give Luck the day off or only play him the first half that'd be fine.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:18:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Lol fuck filthadelphia
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:32:17 PM EDT
[#11]
No matter what happens tomorrow I am looking through my Justin Wilson cookbooks looking for a recipe for crow. I expected something along the lines of 4-12 and am happy for what has happened so far.

Anything beyond this is gravy.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:06:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No matter what happens tomorrow I am looking through my Justin Wilson cookbooks looking for a recipe for crow. I expected something along the lines of 4-12 and am happy for what has happened so far.

View Quote

Money is still safe!

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:27:24 AM EDT
[#13]
and all this cowboy talk leading up to them blowing it like they always do... can't wait...
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:36:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
and all this cowboy talk leading up to them blowing it like they always do... can't wait...
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:36:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I came into this season with very low expectations.  Take the lumps, get a good draft pick and improve the D.  During September and October, I tempered my exuberance, holding my tongue when friends would spew some BS.  Held my tongue when they blew the Washington game.

Now that the Iggles have gone into a tailspin, it is very tempting to needle my Iggles cheering friends, but I shant.  Never mind their unadulterated BS over the last few years about the Boys.

We're better than that.  We're America's Team.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Flag for defensive holding and Bryant still makes the TD catch.

14-0 Cowboys.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:04:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Romo with 3 TD's in the first 16 mins of the game.

21-0 Cowboys.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:11:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Romo with 3 TD's in the first 16 mins of the game.

21-0 Cowboys.
View Quote

I've ALWAYS been a fan, sometimes naively so (back in the 1-XX years ), often rabidly so....  BUT, beyond simple homer fandom, I am now truly impressed on a different level....

On paper, going into this year, we were going to see abject failure.  Romo (stud though he is) was beaten up, the lines were unproven, the backs on both sides were battered/missing, the coaching staff was suspect.  

Despite all the haters and naysayers, I was undoubtedly going to stand my ground - however, NOW, I could see myself walking into the NFL scene for the first time and actually BECOMING a NEW fan....

Bravo, 'Boys, #FINISHTHEFIGHT

(cue hate)
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:13:05 PM EDT
[#19]
The 'Boys are up by 21 at the end of the first quarter.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:18:43 PM EDT
[#20]
looks like tha cowboys will win the division just like i said..
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:18:56 PM EDT
[#21]
28-0 in the first half...
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:20:26 PM EDT
[#22]
This game is incredible. Not what I was expecting at all.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:21:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Whoa....go BOYS
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#24]
The Colts couldn't catch Ebola.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:26:26 PM EDT
[#25]
How bout th cowboys!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#26]
1:46 before halftime and the Colts have 46 yards and 1 first down.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:45:07 PM EDT
[#27]
If they win the EAST, will they have to play the Eagles again or it's a done deal and off to greener pastures
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:47:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Ended the half with an interception

Quoted:
If they win the EAST, will they have to play the Eagles again or it's a done deal and off to greener pastures
View Quote

If they win the division, the Eagles are done - and the Boys advance...
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

If the Cowboys win today the Eagles are done.

The only way the Eagles make the playoffs is if they beat the Giants next week and the Cowboys lose to the Colts and to the Redskins.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depends on if the Eagles get the wild card or not. I don't think they can though.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Depends on if the Eagles get the wild card or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Eagles can't win the wild card.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Eagles likely won't make it into playoffs.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep!  Will make this win DOUBLY sweet - putting a nail in the Eagles' coffin will be quite the bonus...
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:51:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Great first half! Now the just need to come back and wrap it up.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#35]
How bout them Cowboys! Awesome game. Glad they played Murray
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:01:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yep!  Will make this win DOUBLY sweet - putting a nail in the Eagles' coffin will be quite the bonus...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

9-3 heading into December with all the experts "knowing" they would easily win the division.

Yup. Regardless of how this season ends doing that to the eagles is nice.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:01:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They deserve it. They shit the bed these last 3 games.
Ah well, good luck Romo-ians.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:03:07 PM EDT
[#38]
The Cowboys are up 28-0 in the 3rd quarter, have the ball in the red zone, and Murray is still in the game.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#39]
The Cowboys have no trouble driving the ball up and down the field all game against the Colts defense.

Then the defense gets an INT, gives the offense the ball in the red zone, and the offense loses about 15 yards and don't get any points.

Go figure.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:08:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The Cowboys have no trouble driving the ball up and down the field all game against the Colts defense.

Then the defense gets an INT, gives the offense the ball in the red zone, and the offense loses about 15 yards and don't get any points.

Go figure.
View Quote

Meh. It's one possession. Not a big deal.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:12:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go figure.

Not saying it is. Just weird.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:16:03 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm happy Murray is in the game. He's a tough dude and he wants that record he's busted ass for all year.

ETA : TD Witten. 35-0
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:20:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Waiting on all the doubters and haters now...
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm happy Murray is in the game. He's a tough dude and he wants that record he's busted ass for all year.

ETA : TD Witten. 35-0
View Quote

Jason Garrett perhaps 'coach of the year?'

Who's with me?

Chris
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:20:36 PM EDT
[#45]
5 minutes left in the 3rd and Romo is 17-18 for 208 yards, 4 TD's, and no turnovers.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:22:49 PM EDT
[#46]
No fail for the boys thic Dec.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
5 minutes left in the 3rd and Romo is 17-18 for 208 yards, 4 TD's, and no turnovers.
View Quote

And a new personal record for completions.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

They deserve it. They shit the bed these last 3 games.

Ah well, good luck Romo-ians.

View Quote

The proper term is "romosexual"

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:30:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Romo supplants Aikman as Cowboys all-time passing yards leader!

Let that sink in, Romo haters...
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Romo supplants Aikman as Cowboys all-time passing yards leader!

Let that sink in, Romo haters...
View Quote

The haters can pack sand. Romos #s this year are among the best.
Page / 25
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top