Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:21:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Page 14 and I hope the best for Brandon and his family.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Can we go ahead and flip the switch and give T-1 a Life Membership?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I support this...would even throw in a few bucks to make that happen
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:47:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
*******UPDATE***********
I'm tallying final numbers, but this is sitting at just about

$11,000.00
View Quote

awesome!  im very excited to see how this plays out, but also very happy to be a part of a great community.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would be in on this also
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:01:11 PM EDT
[#6]
DITTO
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:16:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
DITTO
View All Quotes
Quoted:
DITTO
Quoted:
Quoted:

Count me in

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:38:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Count me in

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

DITTO
Quoted:

Quoted:

Count me in

I'm in as well.  Thanks to T-1 and all who helped make this happen!

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:26:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
DITTO
Quoted:
Quoted:

Count me in

I'm in for that, too.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:29:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
DITTO
Quoted:
Quoted:

Count me in

Yup!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:49:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
DITTO
Quoted:
Quoted:

Count me in

Yup!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:08:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good call
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:41:06 PM EDT
[#13]
T-1 should.... I want to contribute but I'm broke as is.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:46:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Good call
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good call

Yep! So what do we need to do to make this happen?

I'm in for sure!

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:57:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That means a lot to me...and there's actually gonna be a pretty funny "oh really" when all is said and done..it's a small thing, but GD's head may collectively implode--in a good way..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
*******UPDATE***********

So this is what's it's come down too! With any luck I'll have numbers pulled tonight! I'll make one last trip to the mail box when I get home and post w hatever payments hit.

What I need out of you guys:
-check the OP for your name, number of tickets and raffle numbers(s). If you're not there or there is a mistake IM me immediately. Please don't IM me at this time for anything other than a mistake, you're not on there or some other inaccuracy. I get roughly 50 IM's a day thanking me for what we've been able to do and while it's appreciated, it takes up a ton of time, and as I've said before, this isn't my raffle, it belongs to you folks, the members.

-be patient. Once I get a final count, I'll draw numbers. This is gonna entail me wrangling a 6 and 3 year old, some form of recording device (iPhone probably) and YOUTUBE.

-be even more patient. I got so many double post/double email, confirm-reconfirm messages it's not even funny for the prize list. The prize packages have been divided as best I could (and NorCal, thank bro). Some folks may win stuff they don't want. Welcome to a raffle.

-Complaining is frowned upon, but trading is encouraged. The final winners (and the respective donors) will be made plain and clear. If you got something someone else wants, re-gift that thing! Swap, exchange, barter--whatever. The prizes are awesome, but what we did for Brandon and his family to me, is nothing short of amazing.

-I'm gonna fuck something up.  There are just to many moving pieces to not miss something. It won't be intentional. I will keep all tickets together until all the swag is accounted for. If at the end of this we find there is still stuff on the table, I'll grab as many tickets as needed to do this thing right.

-This raffle is for you. What that means is winners and donors are gonna have to communicate (no homo). That's right, talk about your wants, hope, dreams and fear of a bean-free future. No, seriously. Please communicate with each other. If you've offered a prize, THANK YOU. Please reach out to the respective winner of that prize and vice-versa. Please utilize me and the mods as a last resort. Figure out what works best for both of you and honor Brandon's raffle accordingly.

I'm tallying final numbers, but this is sitting at just about

$11,000.00

If you fuck it up, I will forgive you. Believe it or not I think ALL of GD will forgive you.

I said it before and I will say it again.

THANK YOU, FOR DOING THIS!!!!!!

That means a lot to me...and there's actually gonna be a pretty funny "oh really" when all is said and done..it's a small thing, but GD's head may collectively implode--in a good way..

Well that should be entertaining.  Either way, excellent work!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:06:59 PM EDT
[#16]
OK folks…All names apparently are accounted for (even if there are typos).  All the prizes (to the best of my knowledge) are accounted for and listed in the OP. I know not everyone is gonna love the way things got grouped. All I can say is there was a lot to work with, and I tried to make it pretty even across the board. All in all 12 members are gonna walk away with some great stuff.

I hope when people look at the packages they get a sense of what members here contributed. It's a big deal.

West coast time here is 8:00PM and I just got home.  I want to dole out prizes like everyone else but I want to do it right. If I can't pull everything together in the midst of completing the bedtime routine for the kids (parents, you know what I'm talking about, bed, teeth, bathroom break, water, another bathroom break, two books) than I'm gonna have to push it until tomorrow.

As stupid as it sounds, my sole motivation for taping the drawing is for transparency. Not that anyone would feel like it was rigged, but with the money collected, and the sacrifice made not only with money donations, but prizes as well, I think it's 100% fair that everyone see's how the winners got picked. I hope you all agree.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:11:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
OK folks…All names apparently are accounted for (even if there are typos).  All the prizes (to the best of my knowledge) are accounted for and listed in the OP. I know not everyone is gonna love the way things got grouped. All I can say is there was a lot to work with, and I tried to make it pretty even across the board. All in all 12 members are gonna walk away with some great stuff.

I hope when people look at the packages they get a sense of what members here contributed. It's a big deal.

West coast time here is 8:00PM and I just got home.  I want to dole out prizes like everyone else but I want to do it right. If I can't pull everything together in the midst of completing the bedtime routine for the kids (parents, you know what I'm talking about, bed, teeth, bathroom break, water, another bathroom break, two books) than I'm gonna have to push it until tomorrow.

As stupid as it sounds, my sole motivation for taping the drawing is for transparency. Not that anyone would feel like it was rigged, but with the money collected, and the sacrifice made not only with money donations, but prizes as well, I think it's 100% fair that everyone see's how the winners got picked. I hope you all agree.
View Quote

We appreciate you doing this very much! But keep in mind it's for the good of Jeep! Take your time and have fun with the kids and when you're ready, I'm sure everyone else will be! No rush.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:12:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:13:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

OK folksAll names apparently are accounted for (even if there are typos).  All the prizes (to the best of my knowledge) are accounted for and listed in the OP. I know not everyone is gonna love the way things got grouped. All I can say is there was a lot to work with, and I tried to make it pretty even across the board. All in all 12 members are gonna walk away with some great stuff.

View Quote

Thank you for doing this.

Damn, thats a lot of prizes.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:19:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

If anyone gets upset because this raffle gets pushed due to life, well they need to get one, because thats the whole purpose behind this. A celebration of life and family.

And a perma-ban.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:20:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Page 14 and I hope the best for Brandon and his family.
View Quote

Yep that is the truly important thing. Bravo Zulu to all those that worked on this.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:38:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I wanted to see the kiddo's drawing the tickets.
That would have been cute to watch but given the excitement it would have generated, it would be 10PM when you got them wound down to goto bed.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:09:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
We appreciate you doing this very much! But keep in mind it's for the good of Jeep! Take your time and have fun with the kids and when you're ready, I'm sure everyone else will be! No rush.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

yes,I think most of us feel this way.Prizes are secondary helping Brandon & family is priority

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:43:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Bravo to T-1 (and I'm sure the family for putting up with his stress during this).

The prize packages look great! and good luck to all that have helped support Brandon and Co. by donating.

I also want to extend an offer to any winner that happens to be in the East Texas area for a steak dinner (cooked by yours truly), tater salad and an ice cold Pepsi. Or Dr. Pepper if you're one of those heathens.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:36:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Nice job!

And for the poor soul that wins package F,
Along with the laser pet exerciser, I'm going to toss in a Wyoming knife,
so you'll have more than one way to skin the cat!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As was said by others, take your time because those kids come first.  We can all wait a little longer.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:07:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Are you done yet?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:13:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:54:43 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm really surprised and pleased some of you guys aren't going apeshit right about now....
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:01:10 PM EDT
[#30]
OK guys...here's where we're at; I appreciate everyone's patience! I get off work at 4:00pm..the drawing WILL OCCUR shortly there after. As I've told a couple others, I'm trying to avoid just sticking my paw into the bowl and yanking out 12 tickets..I'm excited, I hope everyone else is too!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:04:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
As I've told a couple others, I'm trying to avoid just sticking my paw into the bowl and yanking out 12 tickets..I'm excited
View Quote

Tannerite?  Nekkid show girls? Musical interludes and commercials between drawings? Commercials?

I know, you need to dub into the video that incessant beeping from that STUPID STUPID STUPID biggest loser show.  That would be hilarious!

Showmanship!  This should be really really GOOD. :D

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:08:03 PM EDT
[#32]
ARFCOM rocks. Proud of you guys. never thought I would say that.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:44:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
OK guys...here's where we're at; I appreciate everyone's patience! I get off work at 4:00pm..the drawing WILL OCCUR shortly there after. As I've told a couple others, I'm trying to avoid just sticking my paw into the bowl and yanking out 12 tickets..I'm excited, I hope everyone else is too!
View Quote

Awesome. Looking forward to it.. I assume that's 4:00 Pacific?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:57:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Ok guys, while you're waiting, drop on into the main thread.
Maybe offer a prayer if you're so inclined, or just an
expression of well wishes.

Might help your chances....

And if it doesn't, it's what this is all about anyway......

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:22:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Tannerite?  Nekkid show girls? Musical interludes and commercials between drawings? Commercials?

I know, you need to dub into the video that incessant beeping from that STUPID STUPID STUPID biggest loser show.  That would be hilarious!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As I've told a couple others, I'm trying to avoid just sticking my paw into the bowl and yanking out 12 tickets..I'm excited

No, no, no, no...waaaaay to much buildup...this won't be nearly that flashy. I'll be thankful if my sack doesn't peek out from the leg of my shorts..all times are PST
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:35:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Just had a thought and yeah, it might cost some of you more money.

Many of us have weapons that we associate with the great men that have shaped our lives (fathers, grandfathers, brothers, etc).

Could we get one of our vendors to build an AR-15 especially for baby Aria. Christina could select a picture of Brandon to be photo engraved on the mag well as well as a brief inscription. The engraved Geissele triggers are very nice, but for a daughter, I think that the picture should be on the outside. Maybe some pink furniture? I'm thinking we could give Aria something to cherish forever. Obviously, Christina would have to be the person to take possession for now.

Anyone have connections with a manufacturer or know how to make this happen? Obviously, it would be great if a vendor could produce something along these lines, and even better if they would be willing to donate it.  If no donation is possible, 20 people @ $50 should cover the purchase price (or 50 people @$20).

Thoughts? If others agree, I'm in for $50.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

No, no, no, no...waaaaay to much buildup...this won't be nearly that flashy. I'll be thankful if my sack doesn't peek out from the leg of my shorts..all times are PST
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Umm, we will be thankful if that doesn't happen also!
Thanks for doing this! I can't wait!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:24:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Is this gum on my pants?"
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:12:50 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Just had a thought and yeah, it might cost some of you more money.

Many of us have weapons that we associate with the great men that have shaped our lives (fathers, grandfathers, brothers, etc).

Could we get one of our vendors to build an AR-15 especially for baby Aria. Christina could select a picture of Brandon to be photo engraved on the mag well as well as a brief inscription. The engraved Geissele triggers are very nice, but for a daughter, I think that the picture should be on the outside. Maybe some pink furniture? I'm thinking we could give Aria something to cherish forever. Obviously, Christina would have to be the person to take possession for now.

Anyone have connections with a manufacturer or know how to make this happen? Obviously, it would be great if a vendor could produce something along these lines, and even better if they would be willing to donate it.  If no donation is possible, 20 people @ $50 should cover the purchase price (or 50 people @$20).

Thoughts? If others agree, I'm in for $50.
View Quote

I like it... money is short right now but when I get some I'm in.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:24:25 PM EDT
[#40]
So do we want main two drawn first then packages, or packages first then main two...so many options!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So do we want main two drawn first then packages, or packages first then main two...so many options!!
View Quote

Packages build up to the main event
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#42]
FPNI
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:29:35 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

yes they do!

ETA: F5 F5 F5 F5.....
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:35:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
yes they do!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes they do!  

Well, you could do the packages tonight and the main two draws tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#45]
If I have an issue embedding the video I'll post the link and respectfully ask someone to handle that for me...
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes they do!  

Dude, that's evil.....

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:38:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  This!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:38:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes they do!  

How about one per day..like the 12 days of Christmas!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:39:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Dude, that's evil.....  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes they do!  

Dude, that's evil.....  

+1
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes they do!  

Negative!  Negative!  
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top