User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Humanitarian aid convoy...............nice ruse to insert troops in country
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:57:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Should send their heads back to Russia in a box with a little note that reads "Wolverines!"  
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Humanitarian aid convoy...............nice ruse to insert troops in country
View Quote

This is like watching a slow motion crash develop before your eyes. You know what is going to happen and why, but you cannot take your eyes off of it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Why doesn't Russia just go for broke? It's obvious what is happening.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Wolverines?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:00:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Was it these guys? If so, don't send Mr. Teasdale-ski out to investigate..
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I personally hope the crush the shit out of Ukraine. From an Nytimes article:

Some of the Ukrainian soldiers appeared unwilling to fight. The commander of their unit, part of the Ninth Brigade from Vinnytsia, in western Ukraine, barked at the men to turn around, to no effect. “All right,” the commander said. “Anybody who refuses to fight, sit apart from the others.” Eleven men did, while the others returned to the city.

Some troops were in full retreat: A city-busload of them careened past on the highway headed west, as purple curtains flapped through windows shot out by gunfire.
View Quote

The Ukrainian Vinnytsia brigade met the cross-border advance over the six miles of countryside separating Novoazovsk from the Russian border, but later retreated to the western edge of town along the Rostov-Mariupol highway, where soldiers were collapsed in exhaustion on the roadside. “This is now a war with Russia,” Sergeant Panko said.
View Quote

On Wednesday, it amounted to a no-man’s land of empty villages, roads crisscrossed by armored vehicle treads, felled trees and grass fires burning out of control, and panoramas of sunflowers and corn rotting.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#8]
And NOTHING will be done. Carry on.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Some of the Ukrainian soldiers appeared unwilling to fight. The commander of their unit, part of the Ninth Brigade from Vinnytsia, in western Ukraine, barked at the men to turn around, to no effect. “All right,” the commander said. “Anybody who refuses to fight, sit apart from the others.” Eleven men did, while the others returned to the city.

Some troops were in full retreat: A city-busload of them careened past on the highway headed west, as purple curtains flapped through windows shot out by gunfire.

The Ukrainian Vinnytsia brigade met the cross-border advance over the six miles of countryside separating Novoazovsk from the Russian border, but later retreated to the western edge of town along the Rostov-Mariupol highway, where soldiers were collapsed in exhaustion on the roadside. “This is now a war with Russia,” Sergeant Panko said.

On Wednesday, it amounted to a no-man’s land of empty villages, roads crisscrossed by armored vehicle treads, felled trees and grass fires burning out of control, and panoramas of sunflowers and corn rotting.

That really doesn't explain why you're rooting for Russia.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

And NOTHING will be done. Carry on.
View Quote
Obama's certainly not going to do anything.  

Neither will Congress.  

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Milking the situation for maximum propaganda value.  Ukraine is too broke/militarily incompetent to do much beyond fight Russian-backed partisans.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh look, another useful idiot.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:12:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote
This. Why pussyfoot around. No one is going to do shit about it anyway.

The only thing that is going to happen is mass Ukranian military desertions and a final surrender.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Primorsky, is that you?

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I blame "daddy issues", they probably didn't have a strong male figure in their life.

Needs more dead Russians and smoldering BTR hulks
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:15:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Next few days will be intresting.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:15:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/1/17/RedDawnPistolA.jpg/600px-RedDawnPistolA.jpg

View Quote

Well now my friend....  Well now...
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've always had a soft sport for Russia. I respect them. They are brutes. They don't fuck around. They don't give a flying fuck what anyone else thinks. They completely utterly crushed the Chechen filth into oblivion regardless what the rest of the world had to say. That being said? If it came down to it I'm behind my country all the way.

When it comes to this issue, I wouldn't bat an eye if Ukraine was obliterated. I don't have much love for Ukrainians, at least the ones I've been exposed to growing up. I'm also Russian
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:17:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Calling bullshit on this one.

I'll believe it when Russians fall from the sky
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:18:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I've always had a soft sport for Russia. I respect them. They are brutes. They don't fuck around. They don't give a flying fuck what anyone else things. They completely utterly crushed the Chechen filth into oblivion regardless what the rest of the world had to say. That being said? If it came down to it I'm behind my country all the way. When it comes to this issue I wouldn't bat an eye if Ukraine was obliterated. I don't have much love for Ukrainians, at least the ones I've been exposed to growing up. I'm also Russian, which going back since before Ivan the Great.
View Quote

^lol

like clockwork

There is a certain segment of the American "Right" that sucks this kind of stuff up. Funny how well RT is able to play off of it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:19:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I've always had a soft sport for Russia. I respect them. They are brutes. They don't fuck around. They don't give a flying fuck what anyone else things. They completely utterly crushed the Chechen filth into oblivion regardless what the rest of the world had to say. That being said? If it came down to it I'm behind my country all the way. When it comes to this issue I wouldn't bat an eye if Ukraine was obliterated. I don't have much love for Ukrainians, at least the ones I've been exposed to growing up. I respect everyone else's opinions tho.
View Quote

LOL, it is a gangster state ripe with corruption unmatched anywhere in the first world.  They didn't crush the Chechen filth, they only won by buying off the more moderate Islamists who are lead by a brutal murderer.  The Russians are now in league with that filth. The fact that you admire all that says a lot about you.  No wonder the Ukrainians you met along the way did not like you.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I've always had a soft sport for Russia. I respect them. They are brutes. They don't fuck around. They don't give a flying fuck what anyone else thinks. They completely utterly crushed the Chechen filth into oblivion regardless what the rest of the world had to say. That being said? If it came down to it I'm behind my country all the way.

When it comes to this issue, I wouldn't bat an eye if Ukraine was obliterated. I don't have much love for Ukrainians, at least the ones I've been exposed to growing up. I'm also Russian
View Quote

The Russians bought the Chechens off at best. Don't worry, anyone with exposure to Russians doesn't have much love for them either.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:21:38 PM EDT
[#24]
The poor Russians just need some "living space". If we let them have it I am sure they will be content. We could have "peace in our time".
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:21:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

lol

like clockwork
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've always had a soft sport for Russia. I respect them. They are brutes. They don't fuck around. They don't give a flying fuck what anyone else things. They completely utterly crushed the Chechen filth into oblivion regardless what the rest of the world had to say. That being said? If it came down to it I'm behind my country all the way. When it comes to this issue I wouldn't bat an eye if Ukraine was obliterated. I don't have much love for Ukrainians, at least the ones I've been exposed to growing up. I'm also Russian, which going back since before Ivan the Great.

lol

like clockwork

There's nothing wrong with having a proud feeling for where you come from. I do respect everyone's opinions here on the other hand. the 1st amendment(at least whats left of it) is a beautiful thing
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:22:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Putin you have absolutely nothing to fear from the dick less in chief in the US you might as well go for broke and just invade already.

Oh and if he does decide to do something it will be at least a year from now, so you should have time to completely take over, before anything more than strongly worded letters, or multiple red lines are drawn.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

There's nothing wrong with having a proud feeling for where you come from. I do respect everyone's opinions here on the other hand. the 1st amendment(at least whats left of it) is a beautiful thing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

like clockwork

Pride based on?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:23:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Aid convoy needs more A-10
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Calling bullshit on this one.

I'll believe it when Russians fall from the sky
View Quote

Give it time. I'm sure one of their jets will do its lawn dart impersonation into the Ukrainian countryside. Well maybe the belorussian countryside,  depending on how much the pilot had to drink beforehand.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:24:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Vague article is vague.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

LOL, it is a gangster state ripe with corruption unmatched anywhere in the first world.  They didn't crush the Chechen filth, they only won by buying off the more moderate Islamists who are lead by a brutal murderer.  The Russians are now in league with that filth. The fact that you admire all that says a lot about you.  No wonder the Ukrainians you met along the way did not like you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've always had a soft sport for Russia. I respect them. They are brutes. They don't fuck around. They don't give a flying fuck what anyone else things. They completely utterly crushed the Chechen filth into oblivion regardless what the rest of the world had to say. That being said? If it came down to it I'm behind my country all the way. When it comes to this issue I wouldn't bat an eye if Ukraine was obliterated. I don't have much love for Ukrainians, at least the ones I've been exposed to growing up. I respect everyone else's opinions tho.

Its the same way with Serbians and Albanians. There are NO Serbians that i know of have any love for Albanians, and vise versa. That blood feud goes all the way back to the dark ages. Blood feuds are a hell of a thing aren't they?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Pride based on?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

like clockwork

Pride based on?

This will be great
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Pride based on?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

like clockwork

Pride based on?

I am German and we all know their history, I will be the first to say, I wish Hitler had been killed before he came to power.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:26:06 PM EDT
[#34]

More inline with arfcom.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:27:42 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

The Russians bought the Chechens off at best. Don't worry, anyone with exposure to Russians doesn't have much love for them either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I know Russians who live here who can't stand Russians.  

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:30:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

like clockwork

What does the 1st Amendment have to do with what you are posting on ARFCOM?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Rooskie soldiers in Ukraine?

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/1/17/RedDawnPistolA.jpg/600px-RedDawnPistolA.jpg

I'd say they're WAY off course
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:34:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#40]
As a former Russian AND Ukrainian interrogator, this continues to be interesting.  I have a soft spot in my heart for both languages and people. Not sure which way I'm leaning.

Fuck it, I'm foing.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Next few days will be intresting.
View Quote

Yes it will.........
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Only thing Putin has to think about is sanctions and I doubt he cares much about that.

Only response from Obummer would be a mention of a red line and strongly worded hash tags.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:44:21 PM EDT
[#43]

Nice one!.............
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

like clockwork

The 1st amendment doesn't apply here.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:46:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Needs more dead Russians and smoldering BTR hulks
View Quote

Go on..
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Huh.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They most certainly did. The Russian army  surrounded Grozny, shelled it relentlessly and then entered and cleared the city block by block. When they encountered resistance they used to big guns to dislodge the Chechens . They gave up because they were on the verge of extinction (second Chechen war)

Th Ukrainians are attempting (or were) to use the same strategy in Donetsk
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:55:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

They most certainly did. The Russian army  surrounded Grozny, shelled it relentlessly and then entered and cleared the city block by block. When they encountered resistance they used to big guns to dislodge the Chechens . They gave up because they were on the verge of extinction (second Chechen war)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That hardly paints a complete picture.  They did not crush the insurgency until they made deals with other Chechen criminals.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your location is USA. Are you Russian or American?

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:13:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Don't care.  3 reasons.

1.  Not our fight
2.  National debt and domestic socialist infestation. Foreign war strengthens their numbers here.
3.  Ukraine surrendered her responsibility to defend herself when she gave up obtaining nukes.  Play stupid games, win Russian prizes.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top