Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:58:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Good murder.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:02:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Living in Houston, remember when it happened. The DA sure has some butthurt, that ugly cunt.

Good acquittal.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:07:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Works for me.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Texas has a way of dealing with problems that some people will never understand.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:09:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.click2houston.com/image/view/-/17724358/medRes/1/-/maxh/360/maxw/640/-/ireptrz/-/David-Barajas-II-and-Caleb-Barajas-boys-killed-in-crash-jpg.jpg

Barajas' sons, 11 and 12 years old, were pushing their family's car after it broke down when Banda's vehicle hit and killed them.

Kid in green shirt looks just like Manny from modern family.

And horrible, I can't imagine losing my boys like that.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:11:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Two words.

Reasonable doubt.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:14:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm very confused.  Given drunk driving is a victimless crime, how could three people end up dead?  This makes zero sense.  
View Quote

Sometimes when people shoot guns they injure or kill other people. The people who are injured or killed are called "victims" of the shooting. Other times, people shoot guns but do not  injure or kill other people. Those are shootings which have no victims.

Similarly, when people drive while under the influence of alcohol but do not injure anyone or damage other people's property they commit the offense of DUI, which has no victim. No victim is identified or described in the charging instrument for DUI because there is none. On the other hand, when a person drives while under the influence of alcohol and injures someone, the offense is DUI with Bodily Injury; if a person drives while under the influence of alcohol and kills someone, the offense is DUI Manslaughter. In a charging instrument for DUI with Bodily Injury or DUI Manslaughter, a victim is named or described. This is because there is a victim.

It may help if you understand that to say that a crime is victimless means only that no person or property is injured or damaged by the act constituting the crime. It does not mean that the act is not or should not be a crime.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So let me get this strait - a grand jury sent this to trial with only circumstantial evidence.  No witness, no gun, no evidence other than a holster that might have held a gun.  Damn what a miscarriage of justice.  

Reminds me of the joke about charging a woman with prostitution because she was equipped to do it.
---
Either someone else did this for other reasons - or a grieving father kept his wits together very well.  Best bet would have been to have a third person do the shooting, but that leaves a loose end.
View Quote

It is the only to get the Dad off Scott free. Right now he could write a book about how he took care of the problem and no one could do shit to him.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
whats the whole story?
View Quote

Mexicans killing each other in a typical lawless fashion.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:19:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sometimes when people shoot guns they injure or kill other people. The people who are injured or killed are called "victims" of the shooting. Other times, people shoot guns but do not  injure or kill other people. Those are shootings which have no victims.

Similarly, when people drive while under the influence of alcohol but do not injure anyone or damage other people's property they commit the offense of DUI, which has no victim. No victim is identified or described in the charging instrument for DUI because there is none. On the other hand, when a person drives while under the influence of alcohol and injures someone, the offense is DUI with Bodily Injury; if a person drives while under the influence of alcohol and kills someone, the offense is DUI Manslaughter. In a charging instrument for DUI with Bodily Injury or DUI Manslaughter, a victim is named or described. This is because there is a victim.

It may help if you understand that to say that a crime is victimless means only that no person or property is injured or damaged by the act constituting the crime. It does not mean that the act is not or should not be a crime.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm very confused.  Given drunk driving is a victimless crime, how could three people end up dead?  This makes zero sense.  

You're getting trolled if that matters to you FLAL1A
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:21:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:22:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

And you were doing so good--until that point.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you were doing so good--until that point.  

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:24:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I’ll be the first to say, good shoot, some things in life are worth going to prison for.  But legally, I guess you really need a murder weapon to convict?  Or just a sympathetic jury that would have done the same?

I'm so confused because clearly he murdered him, but likewise, I would say innocent if I was on the jury.  

I'm just wondering how he ditched the pistol before police showed up...
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Texas wins again
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:27:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:28:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

A few here will vociferously argue driving while drunk shouldn't be illegal.  They believe it is only a crime if you hit someone and cause BI or PD.  Radical fools they are.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A few here will vociferously argue driving while drunk shouldn't be illegal.  They believe it is only a crime if you hit someone and cause BI or PD.  Radical fools they are.  

I bet they are all doper fucks too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Man's truck breaks down not too far from home.
2 sons are helping dad push the truck home when a drunk driver hits the truck, killing both boys.
Dad SUPPOSEDLY runs home, retrieves a gun and goes back and shoots and kills drunk driver.
No weapon was ever found.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
whats the whole story?

2 sons are helping dad push the truck home when a drunk driver hits the truck, killing both boys.
Dad SUPPOSEDLY runs home, retrieves a gun and goes back and shoots and kills drunk driver.

I cannot fathom the grief and sorrow that man had to endure in losing his two sons. Just can't grasp it.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
whats the whole story?

I cannot fathom the grief and sorrow that man had to endure in losing his two sons. Just can't grasp it.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:32:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I understand it fully.  I'm just amazed to see it carried out successfully.  God bless Texas--and Texas juries!  

::Cue the video of the guy at the phone bank who shot his son's kidnapper/molester in the head and got seven months probation::
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Texas has a way of dealing with problems that some people will never understand.

I understand it fully.  I'm just amazed to see it carried out successfully.  God bless Texas--and Texas juries!  

::Cue the video of the guy at the phone bank who shot his son's kidnapper/molester in the head and got seven months probation::

BTW: that was in New Orleans.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I would say some passersby found out what happened and did the dad a solid and left. Dad ain't gunna tell.
View Quote

My thought as well. Either that, or an armed relative of the family was coincidentally paying them a visit that day, came across the scene,  took matters into their own hands then drove away.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF did he get probation?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#28]
I guess the "he needed killin'' defense is still valid in Texas.

Good shoot, whoever did it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:39:45 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm good with this.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:45:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Good shoot and fuck that prosecutor.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#32]

I ain't got a problem with this.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:04:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

My thought as well. Either that, or an armed relative of the family was coincidentally paying them a visit that day, came across the scene,  took matters into their own hands then drove away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would say some passersby found out what happened and did the dad a solid and left. Dad ain't gunna tell.

A grandparent could live them. He hears the accident or saw it and went and took care of business.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#34]
And if the father had been standing over the stabby stabbied DD with a bloody knife in his teeth, would GD be good with this?

I would

Dads endanger their kids every day. This dad didn't chose wisely,  but the DD chosen worsely.  
He got what he deserved.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#35]

A father taking out the trash that killed his kids... sounds good to me.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Baton Rouge, actually.

Could someone fill in the details a bit?  The news stories seem to discuss the recent grand jury hearing with little details on the timeline of the event and relavant facts. How soon was the officer on scene after the accident? The allegedly unreported gunfire after the officer was on scene happened in front of the officer or was heard off in the distance? How many times was the drunk shot? The dad just claimed he didn't see anyone shoot the guy or just didn't say a word to the cops?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:46:18 PM EDT
[#37]
good
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:54:50 PM EDT
[#38]
lacked proof.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:01:09 PM EDT
[#39]
And some here say that the drunk driver wasn't doing anything wrong until he hit the two boys.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:05:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Should they change the saying to Drink, Drive, Get shot?
View Quote

Almost.

Drink, Drive, Kill 2 boys, Get shot.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Well you get what you got.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:08:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm surprised this ever got past the GJ.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:09:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Good murder.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Based on the info here - good shoot....I don't think I would have been able to keep my cool under the same circumstances? I hope whoever did the shoot stays free - forever.

Some mistakes - you only get to make once. No problems anywhere in the story - other than the skanky DA..........
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Pushing a dark truck on a road at night with no lights, flares, nothing.

Now you can debate that the drunk is entirely at fault for the actual impact depending on if a normal person under normal circumstance would or would not have done the same thing.

But, there are other situations where we say that the victim certainly set up the scenario. The white guy being warned not to go into the Waffle house. The girl who went back to confront the drunk. etc.

A prudent person doesn't put boys into that position, imho.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm surprised.

Dad was still somewhat at fault for his kid's deaths. He'll have to live with that.

How so?

Pushing a dark truck on a road at night with no lights, flares, nothing.

Now you can debate that the drunk is entirely at fault for the actual impact depending on if a normal person under normal circumstance would or would not have done the same thing.

But, there are other situations where we say that the victim certainly set up the scenario. The white guy being warned not to go into the Waffle house. The girl who went back to confront the drunk. etc.

A prudent person doesn't put boys into that position, imho.

If ya see headlights you get off the road, except the drunk didnt have his on and ran into them instead.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:14:42 PM EDT
[#46]
I probably would have voted to acquit even if their were strong evidence that he did it, that being said it sounds like the prosecutor and police had jack shit.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Some people need killing.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:31:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Going to send the DA an email, let him know he is a raging cunt. Then stay out of his jurisdiction.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
DA is all Butt Hurt

A visibily angry District Attorney Jeri Yenne said prosecutors "would never present a case against a person we did not believe was guilty."

"Three sons were lost that day. The Barajas children and the Banda son," Yenne said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jury-finds-david-barajas-guilty-shooting-death-drunk/story?id=25149665
Going to send the DA an email, let him know he is a raging cunt. Then stay out of his jurisdiction.  

The DA for Brazoria County is a woman.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:19:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Baton Rouge, actually.

Could someone fill in the details a bit?  The news stories seem to discuss the recent grand jury hearing with little details on the timeline of the event and relavant facts. How soon was the officer on scene after the accident? The allegedly unreported gunfire after the officer was on scene happened in front of the officer or was heard off in the distance? How many times was the drunk shot? The dad just claimed he didn't see anyone shoot the guy or just didn't say a word to the cops?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Baton Rouge, actually.

Is this the story? (happened back in '84)
There's also this one in Lafayette
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:28:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm surprised this ever got past the GJ.

All the GJ probably heard was that subject A crashed into subject B's car.  When the police arrived, subject A had a hole in his heard, and subject B had a guilty look on his face.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top