BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:05:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Less gear/guns and more laws/rules/regs for citizens, more gear/guns/capability for .gov and criminals. We are headed for an absolute fucking nightmare scenario.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:12:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'll keep my armor and standard capacity 30rnd mags.
Fuck everyone

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:14:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I keep my body armor on the same accident-prone boat as my guns. Never know what might happen.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:16:05 PM EDT
[#5]
So does it have republican support?

It wouldnt surprise me if it does.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:18:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd be willing to bet that if a civilian is wearing body armor, he's not exactly worried about breaking the law at the moment.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:19:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There is something fundamentally wrong when your government outlaws owning something that prevents you from being shot.
View Quote

Yes, that's a very unsettling thing especially when they're arming the hell out of law enforcement turning them into a domestic army.

I don't think that bill will have any chance of going very far.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
/thread
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck everyone

/thread
Lock her down boys

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes, that's a very unsettling thing especially when they're arming the hell out of law enforcement turning them into a domestic army.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is something fundamentally wrong when your government outlaws owning something that prevents you from being shot.

If it does, I'm buying more.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:27:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I dont own body armor, it showed up here on its own and it stays here voluntarily.
Also helmets are body armor these days does that mean I would have to get rid of my helmets ?

The main reason I oppose this type of law is it sets up a "class" of arms and implements that are police or mil only and eventually it will creep into calibers or weapon types

--like in certain countries you can own guns but not in "military" calibers, or at some point they say that an M16 is a "military only" gun and ban civilian ownership that way.

You know they wont leave it at just body armor, the regulations will morph over time.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:30:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Someone on 4channel's weapons/guns board created this pic--for wide dissemination on social media--in the event that this bill got traction

http://i58.tinypic.com/erbvbd.png
View Quote

That has to someone from here trolling
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:35:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Someone on 4channel's weapons/guns board created this pic--for wide dissemination on social media--in the event that this bill got traction

http://i58.tinypic.com/erbvbd.png

That is typical 4chan trolling.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This should get a lot of media attention, it shows that Dems aren't just anti-"assault weapons" or anti gun, they are anti-anything that can stop their voting demographic from attacking you.  They are anti body armor, they are anti-tazers,stun guns, pepper spray, knives, anything that could be used to defend yourself.  And they have no problem attacking one weapon claiming you could use something less lethal only to ban the less lethal option as well.  Look at the ordinances in Liberal cities and stated regarding that stuff, they've banned anything self-defense.  They want you unarmed and they want the police to refrain from protecting themselves and others, what they want is people being defenseless fearful victims.
View Quote

Not totally true, in a perfect world they would ban anyone from having anything that takes away from their monopoly of force, they just focus on the white middle class as they are usually law abiding and thus easier, less dangerous targets.  The criminal element, by definition by being criminals are usually herder, more dangerous targets to disarm.

The only way to change that algebra is to make sure if they come for you to sell yourself dearly.  Once the white middle class becomes a hard target, and government bodies start to pile up than that shit will stop and the focus will shift to where it belongs, the criminal elements.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Herp de derp
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:44:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:45:15 PM EDT
[#17]
When it comes time that you really need it I don't think breaking the law will be a consideration.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:51:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Heres a question that needs asking:
What if someone doesn't want a weapon but lives in a bad area and may be at risk for getting shot?

There is nothing innately offensive about armor. It is strictly defensive.  Someone who carries a lot of money, or has to walk in a bad area. Maybe someone working in a jewelry store.  Soft armor is very concealable.

Don't these people has as much right to live as the officers who claim to protect them?

View Quote

NO!!!!!   They don't. Now bend over and pick up that damn can you civie.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:57:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Fuck everyone

View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Uh yeah, fuck that.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Roll Your Own.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey another body armor ban thread
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:25:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Less gear/guns and more laws/rules/regs for citizens, more gear/guns/capability for .gov and criminals. We are headed for an absolute fucking nightmare scenario.

The line between the two is becoming increasingly blurry as well.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Fuck everyone

View Quote

Yeppers. They won't like us being felons.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#25]
But,  but,  but.... If St Swisher Sweet had been wearing body armor he could have been still a live today.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So what, exactly, is considered body armor?  Anything that is considered "bullet proof"?  Or just hard plates?
View Quote

Funny how the the way they could word it could ban steel pots and PASGT vests. lol
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:46:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Screw Body Armor .... I want an MRAP for those trips to the grocery store ! ! !
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Why do they want to diminish my capability to take care of my students?  What about the children?

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:56:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Anybody who wants to call or write this guy can do so.

Washington, DC address:

1713 Longworth HOB
Washington, DC 20515

T: (202) 225-2631
F: (202) 225-2699
Hours: 9am-6pm EST

San Jose, CA address:

2001 Gateway Place
Suite 670W
San Jose, CA 95110

T: (408) 436-2720
F: (408) 436-2721
Hours: 9am-5pm PST

Facebook:

https://honda.house.gov/contact/email-me
Twitter:

Business Email:

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:14:38 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
They make penguin-shaped body armor?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah I need to invest in body armor and nightvision, I'm just too much of a cheap skate

They make penguin-shaped body armor?

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:22:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Fuck everyone

View Quote

God damn right.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:28:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Now I have to take my armor boating too
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm in the market for some plates...any suggestions? Looking for ceramics with Level IV protection.

I was looking at:

Midwest

or

HighCom
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So does it have republican support?

It wouldnt surprise me if it does.
View Quote

Three co-sponsors, all Dem.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm in the market for some plates...any suggestions? Looking for ceramics with Level IV protection.

I was looking at:

Midwest

or

HighCom
View Quote

Midwest
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:36:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I work in executive protection, they can go to hell if they think I am doing it with out body armor. I bought my own because the issued stuff they give us sucks.

Also how do they plan to ban pieces of metal?

It looks like they are only going after hard plates? It says type III or better, so IIA would be okay, or IIIA? Again they only thing they would essentially be banning is type 4 plates, since most type 3 plates are just pieces of hardened steel and would be almost impossible ban or prove what they are. Seems like a stupid law.

I think they should pass a new law that states for every new law created they have to throw out 5 old ones.
View Quote

No, any body armor that has a level III rating or higher would be banned. Only IIA and lower would be legal. Any body armor no matter how it's made, would be banned if it is certiffied as level III or higher.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:39:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Time to ban getaway cars...uhh...I guess I mean all cars.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:43:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Midwest
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was looking at:

Midwest

or

HighCom

Midwest

Why? I don't know which is why I'm asking. Also what is the difference between the cuts (eg. shooters cut)?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No, any body armor that has a level III rating or higher would be banned. Only IIA and lower would be legal. Any body armor no matter how it's made, would be banned if it is certiffied as level III or higher.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I work in executive protection, they can go to hell if they think I am doing it with out body armor. I bought my own because the issued stuff they give us sucks.

It looks like they are only going after hard plates? It says type III or better, so IIA would be okay, or IIIA? Again they only thing they would essentially be banning is type 4 plates, since most type 3 plates are just pieces of hardened steel and would be almost impossible ban or prove what they are. Seems like a stupid law.

I think they should pass a new law that states for every new law created they have to throw out 5 old ones.

So, certification is the issue?  A person could still buy and possess Midwest Guardian plates manufactured in the same way as always but not "certified" and they'd be legal?  As a buyer you'd just have to go to a trusted, established manufactuer and buy their "unrated" product based on their rep as opposed to them actually getting their NIJ rating.

Even if this passes, which it won't, it'll have as much practical teeth as the AWB.  Manufacturers will find ways around it.  And (if it passes, which it won't) there will be NO reduction in crime as a result of it.  It will not get renewed.  And when it expires the pent-up demand (much of it created by the prohibition) will result in an explosion of body armor sales.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:54:54 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:56:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

So, certification is the issue?  A person could still buy and possess Midwest Guardian plates manufactured in the same way as always but not "certified" and they'd be legal?  As a buyer you'd just have to go to a trusted, established manufactuer and buy their "unrated" product based on their rep as opposed to them actually getting their NIJ rating.

Even if this passes, which it won't, it'll have as much practical teeth as the AWB.  Manufacturers will find ways around it.  And (if it passes, which it won't) there will be NO reduction in crime as a result of it.  It will not get renewed.  And when it expires the pent-up demand (much of it created by the prohibition) will result in an explosion of body armor sales.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, when I said certified, I meant rated at level III or higher. If you're found to have body armor, they would arrest you and take the body armor to get tested, if it couldn't be determined by looking at it that it was rated lower than level III. If the armor tested at a level IIA or lower, they would let you go and give you back your armor.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:05:39 PM EDT
[#43]
What did you guys think would happen when you constantly railed on about the militarization of police?  Did you really think taking it from the police would mean you would get to keep it too?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:14:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What did you guys think would happen when you constantly railed on about the militarization of police?  Did you really think taking it from the police would mean you would get to keep it too?
View Quote

Liberals will try to pass laws like this regardless of what the police have, or don't have.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:20:20 PM EDT
[#45]
All my plates came from...wait for it...cops!
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:17:52 PM EDT
[#46]
It's not a bulletproof vest-it's a cardio workout vest with pockets for plate weights.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:35:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Prison? For how long?

As Police Get More Militarized, Bill In Congress Would Make Owning Body Armor Punishable By Up To 10 Years In Prison

from the only-the-police-can-be-militarized dept

We've been writing an awful lot lately about the militarization of police, but apparently some in Congress want to make sure that the American public can't protect themselves from a militarized police. Rep. Mike Honda (currently facing a reasonably strong challenger for election this fall) has introduced a bizarre bill that would make it a crime for civilians to buy or own body armor. The bill HR 5344 is unlikely to go anywhere, but violating the bill, if it did become law, would be punishable with up to ten years in prison. Yes, TEN years. For merely owning body armor.

Honda claims that the bill is designed to stop "armored assailants" whom he claims are "a trend" in recent years. Perhaps there wouldn't be so much armor floating around out there if we weren't distributing it to so many civilian police forces... Not surprisingly, the very same police who have been getting much of this armor are very much in favor of making sure no one else gets it

---edit---
View Quote

No wonder you didn't leave a link to techderp.com and sniped it. You lose a lot of credibility posting that liberal claptrap on a gun forum except with the dem trolls and libertarians.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:30:59 PM EDT
[#48]
I guess I'm not "professional enough" to own armor now that I've turned in my badge.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:28:38 AM EDT
[#49]
fpni
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:33:44 AM EDT
[#50]
so whats a good source for body armor in case this thing starts to pick up steam?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top