Page / 59
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:02:24 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Grosenick has a shut out in his debut

3rd Sharks goalie with a shut out this year
View Quote
His dad was at the game, evidently several people meet him and congratulated him.

45 shot shutout for his debut.  Record?
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:43:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

They did change the channel here at work.  Half the building went nuts, "Turn it back on!!!"   This place is the biggest non-alcoholic sports bar in town.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GREAT game between the Penguins and Rangers...With a CRAZY ending in a shootout!

That was a crazy ending.  Too bad Nash couldn't save the Rangers.

On the good side Columbus has won two in a row now!  

Hells ya Pens

Bob Errey called it... I was just about to change the channel, and he was like:  "That's no goal!...He double hit it!".

Also...The game had a Malkin interview...Which is ALWAYS worth the price of admission!

They did change the channel here at work.  Half the building went nuts, "Turn it back on!!!"   This place is the biggest non-alcoholic sports bar in town.  

As soon as they scored, I turned the tv off.  Wasn't till the next day my brother said the Pens won after they overturned the goal.  Can't believe I missed that.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
His dad was at the game, evidently several people meet him and congratulated him.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotta be close.

We were yelling at the TV telling the rest of the team, who were playing like shit, to stand up and help Grosenick!

His dad was awesome  it had to be a great day.

Reminded me of when Hertl scored four with his mom and gf on the stands in his rookie season
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Gotta be close.

We were yelling at the TV telling the rest of the team, who were playing like shit, to stand up and help Grosenick!

Reminded me of when Hertl scored four with his mom and gf on the stands in his rookie season
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotta be close.

Awesome way to start his NHL career!
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:15:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Slump busters Canes helping the Stars.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:44:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Jesus...I almost feel bad for the leafs.

go preds!
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:51:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

go preds!
View Quote
8-0

Damn.

Canes up 3-2 now In Dallas
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:51:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow! not sure if the Redwings were just kicking butt tonight or the Blue Jackets just sucked!  Either way good game from what I could catch while playing Mr. Mom tonight.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:01:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

go preds!
View Quote

It feels good not to be on the other end of that score for once.  Preds finally have some chemistry goin' on.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:03:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
8-0    Damn.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

go preds!
8-0    Damn.

I about had a stroke when I read they scored 8 times.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:05:46 PM EDT
[#11]
GO PENGUINS!
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:18:34 PM EDT
[#12]
9-2 Nashville up
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:20:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Everyone but Ollie was on the score sheet for the Preds
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:24:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Good match up between the Flames and the Ducks.

Anaheim up 1-0 after one.

Blackhawks Thursday baby !!!
(finally going to a game, it's been awhile)

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:24:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Everyone but Ollie was on the score sheet for the Preds
View Quote

He got a penatly tho! Thats something right?

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:51:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

GO PENGUINS!

View Quote

How bout that third line.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:56:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Caps are above .500
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:11:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Canes won 6-4
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Yet another game where we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

I have a bad gut feeling about this year.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:18:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yet another game where we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

I have a bad gut feeling about this year.
View Quote

Flames have been coming back in the third period in quite a few games this season, something we are not used to.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#21]
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=739936&cmpid=pit-fb-penguins
Pascal Dupuis diagnosed with a blood clot in his lung...Out for at least 6 months.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Wow! not sure if the Redwings were just kicking butt tonight or the Blue Jackets just sucked!  Either way good game from what I could catch while playing Mr. Mom tonight.
View Quote

What game did you watch?  Jackets looked pathetic last night.  No heart, no drive, no push.  I just don't get this team.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Pascal Dupuis diagnosed with a blood clot in his lung...Out for at least 6 months.
View Quote
What.  The.  Fuck.

It has to be a curse or something.  Voodoo, Indian burial ground, something.  So, in the last year we have Vokoun's blood clot, Letang's stroke, Maatta's thyroid cancer, and now a pulmonary embolism for Dupuis.  You know it is been a strange run when the cancer is the least serious of the group.  I'm thankful that they are all going to be ok.  

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

This happens every fucking year.

We're not exactly spilling over with skilled wingers either.

FUCK
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#25]
This sucks
Dupuis is a BIG part of the Penguins organization, and well loved by the players and fans.

From another article:

Dupuis' First Concern is Family
Wednesday, 11.19.2014 / 3:46 PM / Features
By Michelle Crechiolo
 Comment Print E-mail
When Pascal Dupuis started having discomfort in his chest on Monday, deep down, he knew what was causing it.

That’s because he had the exact same feeling in January of this year. The Penguins forward was diagnosed with a blood clot shortly after suffering torn ligaments in his knee. Dupuis was put on blood thinners for six months while recovering from surgery and rehabilitating his knee, and was cleared to return to the lineup in October.

The way he felt Monday was eerily similar.

“It felt the exact same way it felt before,” Dupuis said. “Just didn’t want to believe it.”

After Dupuis informed the Penguins medical staff of his discomfort, team physician Dr. Dharmesh Vyas ordered a CT scan and ultrasound that confirmed Dupuis’ worst fears – he had another blood clot.

“Pascal had a blood clot in his leg that traveled to his lung,” Dr. Vyas said. “In medical terms, that is a deep vein thrombosis resulting in a pulmonary embolism. This is the second such incident that we know of for Pascal. The treatment is at least six months of blood thinners, during which time he will not be able to play hockey. Medically, Pascal is stable. A series of a battery of tests are still pending.

“It’s extremely important (we caught this now). This could be a life-threatening situation if left untreated. … We’re lucky. Pascal is lucky.”

Dupuis, 35, is known for being a family man who adores his wife, Carole-Lyne, and four kids, Maeva, Zoe, Lola and Kody. They’re the most important people in his life, and right now Dupuis’ focus is on them, not hockey.

“Hockey’s definitely second in my mind right now,” Dupuis said. “They’re the most important thing in my life right now, my family at home. Just got to be healthy for them.”

While Dupuis is on blood thinners, he will be unable to play hockey as it is a contact sport and there is a risk of bleeding with the blood thinners. But as Dr. Vyas put it, “he can do pretty much everything else” to work out and stay in shape during that time.

Right now, it’s too soon to say whether Dupuis will be able to play hockey again. Dr. Vyas said they did not have an answer for that at this time.

“It’s kind of hard for me to answer that question right now,” Dupuis said while fighting back tears when asked if he was optimistic he could play again. “Not all the results came back. But I’ll put the effort into it.”

It was an emotionally overwhelming day in what’s been a difficult 11 months for Dupuis, starting when he injured his knee in December, 2013. Dupuis was diagnosed with the first blood clot in January, 2014 before undergoing surgery to repair his ligaments. After having the operation, Dupuis spent the next few months rehabbing his knee while on blood thinners.

After finally being cleared to return to the lineup in the Penguins’ season opener on Oct. 9 vs. Anaheim – where he scored a career-high 4 points – Dupuis had a scare on Oct. 16 vs. Dallas when he was hit in the back of the neck with a shot and had to be removed from the ice on a stretcher. Now just a month later, he’s dealing with this scary situation.

“The hockey stuff, the knee, the puck in the neck, this is all stuff that you come back from,” Dupuis said. “You’re a hockey player, you’re supposed to come back from that stuff. It’s the risk you take as a hockey player to be on the ice, you know? But the other stuff, the clot, the lungs, it has nothing to do with hockey. It’s life-threatening. You have to think of yourself and your family and your loved ones before hockey comes to mind.”

No matter what happens, his teammates will be there for him, as they were on Wednesday.

Despite the Penguins having an off day, Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Marc-Andre Fleury, Kris Letang and Chris Kunitz all came to the arena to be by Dupuis’ side and support their friend as he delivered the difficult news.

“It's tough right now,” Malkin said. “My message to him is to spend more time with his family. Life is still good. We all support him.”

Most of the players found out just 15 minutes before the conference started, when head coach Mike Johnston sent them a text. Otherwise, they probably all would have been there – that’s how much Dupuis means to this group.

“He’s a big part of our team,” Letang said. “He’s always been there for me, since the day he got on the team. He’s been a model, an older guy that I looked up to the whole time. He’s a great guy in the dressing room. Everybody loves him. He’s one of our big leaders. I think it’s the least we could do for him is to be here.”

Kunitz may have explained it best when talking about how important Dupuis is and what he brings.

“I think you just look at that first game that he played and I think he ended up with four points,” Kunitz said. “The energy that he brought and the built-up energy that he’d been missing and wanting to play so bad – that’s what I think everybody remembers of ‘Duper,’ is being able to go 100 miles an hour and fit into all situations.

“But the locker room is where you really miss him. The guy on the planes and hanging out at dinners and making fun of situations when we’re not feeling as confident as we need to as a group. I think that’s the friendship part of what Duper brings to the team and the leadership stuff.”

While they’re certainly going to miss him these next six months, Pascal Dupuis the human being comes before Pascal Dupuis the hockey player.

“Moving forward, the biggest and most important thing is the well-being of Pascal Dupuis,” associate general manager Jason Botterill said. “He will have the entire support of our organization of our medical staff moving forward.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:22:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What game did you watch?  Jackets looked pathetic last night.  No heart, no drive, no push.  I just don't get this team.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eh, like I said I caught what I could between making, milkshakes, playing hockey in the living room, giving baths, doing laundry. I only actually sat and watched the last 10 min.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:18:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Canes at Kings tied at 1
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:52:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Sick move and goal by Ovie for the GWG.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:26:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Fucking Flyers cant even win a Game for Lindros and Leclair who got inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame last night.

Team Blows hope they blow them up soon.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:16:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

That was an amazing goal.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:25:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Wings beat the Jets in Wpg...

I missed the 3rd but the Wings seemed to have their wind and were playing well. Good to see.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd like to see that effort every shift.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:33:50 AM EDT
[#33]
LET'S GO PENS....
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:35:38 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I missed the 3rd but the Wings seemed to have their wind and were playing well. Good to see.
View Quote
We claimed Nestrial from yall, any good?

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:39:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Spezza 4y at 30m (7.5m aav)
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:56:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wings had high hopes he'd contribute but he didn't. He's got decent size but he just floated out there.

I was talking with a friend about him yesterday because I was mad about losing yet another player. His guess is, Nestrasil didn't develop like the Wings wanted (and the Wings are an imminently patient organization!) so they decided to put him back in GR to see if maybe getting a taste of the Bigs, he'd have a breakthrough and get himself right. And then you guys happened along. Maybe he'll develop for you the way he didn't with the Wings. Who knows. Some guys blossom in different ways.

I was also pissed that our GM Holland keeps having this happen (guys getting plucked from our system via waivers), yet I can't remember the last time he picked up anyone that way. I think Holland needs to go (or promoted out of danger), and Babs needs an extension honestly.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Wings had high hopes he'd contribute but he didn't. He's got decent size but he just floated out there.

I was talking with a friend about him yesterday because I was mad about losing yet another player. His guess is, Nestrasil didn't develop like the Wings wanted (and the Wings are an imminently patient organization!) so they decided to put him back in GR to see if maybe getting a taste of the Bigs, he'd have a breakthrough and get himself right. And then you guys happened along. Maybe he'll develop for you the way he didn't with the Wings. Who knows. Some guys blossom in different ways.

I was also pissed that our GM Holland keeps having this happen (guys getting plucked from our system via waivers), yet I can't remember the last time he picked up anyone that way. I think Holland needs to go (or promoted out of danger), and Babs needs an extension honestly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I figured this came from Bill Peters being familiar with y'all's system and told Ron Francis to grab him.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:47:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YES!!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:34:47 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
YES!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Babs needs an extension honestly.

YES!!
Better sooner than later before Toronto offers him everything.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:36:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I figured this came from Bill Peters being familiar with y'all's system and told Ron Francis to grab him.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could be - I really don't know. I just see the results and question our GM's ability to hold on to his guys.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:42:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Nestrial gets his 1st NHL goal.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:44:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Aaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnddddd The Craps lose at home to the Saybeers.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:45:31 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote
Hahahahhahahahah

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:53:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Hahahahhahahahah  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hahahahhahahahah  

It is pretty fucking embarrassing to be a DC area sports fan.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:56:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Fucking Bruins.
We need to get healthy....
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:06:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Lets go Renne, give us a shutout!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:30:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Lets go Renne, give us a shutout!
View Quote

Or not. Kitties have some supprises it seems

Edit: 2 goals 12 secs. Good job panthers
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:34:19 PM EDT
[#48]
All these games tonight are fun, but why in the world are the Blues playing back-to-backs IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY? (aka, they are fucking with my football games)
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:43:55 PM EDT
[#49]
And preds win it in OT.

Hellyea
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:46:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Nestrial gets his 1st NHL goal.
View Quote

Lol just our luck!
Page / 59
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top