Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2014 12:22:59 AM EDT
Not just anime, but games and Hollywood even.

I realize it's just a way to keep human looking characters doing the grand battles. Keeps the kids more interested? It just seems they try and keep things at least grounded in some vestige of reality.

It just seems so impractical.

Given a power plant of sufficent density and output, carbon fibre limbs and a heck of a hydraulics system we might be able to do it if computer control systems would catch up. But then your gonna use it for battle....armor is incredibly heavy....weapons incredibly powerful. It would drag the thing down to being as slow as a sloth on dope. I mean shit on the modern battle field current armor is far from invincible. What about giving it arms would make it better?

Do the producers of such content fail to grasp the amount of energy present in modern weapons?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:24:30 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:47:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

From the superior height of a mech cockpit, it's much easier to look down the low cut blouses of the anime chicks.  Anime is all about teh Boobies!

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:47:40 AM EDT
[#3]
BECAUSE MECHS ARE FUCKING AWESOME

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:04:45 AM EDT
[#4]
You're telling me that you don't want giant battle armor with big ass guns, that can also fly?

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:25:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Thank you.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:38:40 AM EDT
[#6]

This is the correct answer!!!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:44:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I need a translation of what a mech is for the fedoraless and shavedknecks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top