Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2014 11:09:34 PM EDT
Anybody ever think of dressing up one of their guns to look like something from Fallout 3 or New Vegas?  The idea just crossed my mind today when I was looking for news on FO4 with the usual disappointing results.  I came across a few props that people had made from the fallout games and figured somebody oughtta be doing it with the real thing.  I tried to think about the legality of it, which shouldn't be an issue.   Kind of like putting a 10/22 in an airsoft body, except you'd have to build the body yourself.  Maybe a 10/22 or a mossberg 500 "laser rifle" ?

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:18:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I just want a working Blade Runner blaster.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:19:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Too much like work; fuck that.

Also, FPNI
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:20:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I've seen pics of people doing AR's with wood furniture like the service rifle and I'm not going to lie, I kind of wanted badly.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:23:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just want a working Blade Runner blaster.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:29:21 PM EDT
[#5]
The "chinese assault rifle" could probably be adapted from an AK pretty easily, with some custom furniture.  The ".32 pistol" is essentially a top-break S&W or Iver Johnson.  But I don't see the sense in making one that looks like something already in common circulation.  I stumbled across a bunch of diamondplate aluminum and some other leftover metal I forgot I had lying around the other day, a "laser rifle" might be in my future!
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:29:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anybody ever think of dressing up one of their guns to look like something from Fallout 3 or New Vegas?  The idea just crossed my mind today when I was looking for news on FO4 with the usual disappointing results.  I came across a few props that people had made from the fallout games and figured somebody oughtta be doing it with the real thing.  I tried to think about the legality of it, which shouldn't be an issue.   Kind of like putting a 10/22 in an airsoft body, except you'd have to build the body yourself.  Maybe a 10/22 or a mossberg 500 "laser rifle" ?

<a href="http://s1241.photobucket.com/user/townewa23/media/laserrifle_zpsa58aefa3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg510/townewa23/laserrifle_zpsa58aefa3.jpg</a>
View Quote

Holorifle (China Lake 40mm pump- with vid game shit) is coolest.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:30:47 PM EDT
[#7]
It would be cool, but I have not the skills nor the time to do so

The airsoft body 10/22 has always fascinated me. I wish I knew how to do that
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:32:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I mus admit I would nerdgasm all over myself if I had a set of T51b and a lazerrifle
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:32:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't even have time to finish projects for my favorite hobbies much less a fucking video game gun.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:33:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The "chinese assault rifle" could probably be adapted from an AK pretty easily, with some custom furniture.  The ".32 pistol" is essentially a top-break S&W or Iver Johnson.  But I don't see the sense in making one that looks like something already in common circulation.  I stumbled across a bunch of diamondplate aluminum and some other leftover metal I forgot I had lying around the other day, a "laser rifle" might be in my future!
View Quote

Opie, you need to go to the RPF forums. Everything you've ever wanted to do with movie or vid game weapons has been done and has files, instructions, pics & parts already made for what you want to do.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:35:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It would be cool, but I have not the skills nor the time to do so

The airsoft body 10/22 has always fascinated me. I wish I knew how to do that
View Quote

I had mine in an archangel marauder (G36) kit for awhile, had problems with their mag so now it's not in a stock at all.  I love working with sheetmetal and fiberglass so this just might happen, albeit very slowly.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:35:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't even have time to finish projects for my favorite hobbies much less a fucking video game gun.
View Quote

Sorry brosephus. Some people's hobby hierarchy is different than yours. Vid game gun > macrame bear bondage harness.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:41:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've got too many hobbies, mostly building or doing anything that I probably should just pay to have done.  Waiting for FO4 has been driving me nuts, figured it'd be out by the time I got my new PC built, but it's been over 6mo since then....
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:45:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1241.photobucket.com/user/townewa23/media/laserrifle_zpsa58aefa3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg510/townewa23/laserrifle_zpsa58aefa3.jpg</a>
View Quote

A Mossberg 500 rigged up like that loaded up with slugs would be the cat's pajamas.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:57:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Nope, never considered it.

I mean--I'd build a replica Fallout Laser rifle--sure!  

...but a replica Fallot Laser rifle that shoots .22LR?  12 ga?...not so much.  That would be disappointing.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:05:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Well there is a scoped 44 mag in the game.  Can't be too hard to make.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:06:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nope, never considered it.

I mean--I'd build a replica Fallout Laser rifle--sure!  

...but a replica Fallot Laser rifle that shoots .22LR?  12 ga?...not so much.  That would be disappointing.
View Quote

I've ran the whole "actual laser rifle" thing through my head too, neither practical nor safe, or effective at any range past an inch or so I'd imagine.  I could probably rig up a pretty powerful laser pointer along the barrel that would illuminate the gases as it's fired.  Might give a nice effect at dusk.  A replica fallout energy weapon that actually puts a hole in something when you pull the trigger would still have a pretty big grin-factor.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:06:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well there is a scoped 44 mag in the game.  Can't be too hard to make.
View Quote

Yeah those don't count
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:09:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Opie, you need to go to the RPF forums. Everything you've ever wanted to do with movie or vid game weapons has been done and has files, instructions, pics & parts already made for what you want to do.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure they build detailed replicas on there but they don't use live firearms very often. Most use airsoft or deactivated guns. I've only seen a few converted working guns.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:13:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Dunno why no one has at least made the 10mm or .223 pistols yet.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:13:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Sure they build detailed replicas on there but they don't use live firearms very often. Most use airsoft or deactivated guns. I've only seen a few converted working guns.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know, right? I keep trying to figure out how to make my Colt 40KW laser rifle fit into that Fallout chassis.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:18:01 AM EDT
[#22]
The "barrel" of that laser rifle is so big and boxy I could house the whole 10/22 in there, I'd just have to lengthen it a little bit I think so the whole barrel would be inside.  And I'd have to rig up some type of trigger linkage.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:37:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I mus admit I would nerdgasm all over myself if I had a set of T51b and a lazerrifle
View Quote

How about T45-d and a minigun?

If i ever have the extra money, i am buying a working Garand with a beat up stock and carving "Well this machine kills commies" into the side. I loved that gun in new Vegas.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:50:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:51:11 AM EDT
[#25]
I need to find a blue jumpsuit one of these years, I'll sew some yellow trim on it as a Halloween costume. But I can't decide which vault number?

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:56:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I need to find a blue jumpsuit one of these years, I'll sew some yellow trim on it as a Halloween costume. But I can't decide which vault number?

Kharn
View Quote

Seriously?

Vault 87
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:14:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote

87 of course. It's a legit vault in the series. You may need to tear it some and put yellow makeup/super mutant mask on to make it more accurate.

Or 34. That seemed to be the Arfcom of vaults, with the overstocked armory and subsequent love of all things that go boom.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:21:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Seriously?

Vault 87
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Seriously?

Vault 87

69 had 999 women and 1 man.
13 started it all.
101 for bringing the series to DC.
108 for being closest to my house.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:38:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Vault 108 was my favorite just for being so strange and unexpected.

Gary!
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:03:10 AM EDT
[#30]
I want the pimped out ranger sequoia 45/70 pistol with the engraving all over it. the one you steal from the ranger leader at camp golf.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:23:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I know, right? I keep trying to figure out how to make my Colt 40KW laser rifle fit into that Fallout chassis.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The original post talked about dressing up a gun is all I'm saying. The RPF people are amazing though. I've always dreamt of building a functional pulse rifle. There are tons of super accurate non firing replicas people have made and a couple of people have made functional facsimiles but they were way off on the overall look and details (one didn't even use a Thompson but used an M11 I think). I used to have an SD Studios pulse rifle. Had to sell it years ago though. That thing was a beast and weighed like 15-18 pounds.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I want the pimped out ranger sequoia 45/70 pistol with the engraving all over it. the one you steal from the ranger leader at camp golf.
View Quote

I was never much for stealth in FO3.  Accidentally stole something from camp golf once, got spotted and got killed really quick.  Never steal from a ranger!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top