Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:37:11 PM EDT
[#1]
How to you tell a judge :

look I can't move back here because I will start fucking up again ......
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:39:32 PM EDT
[#2]
they are all playing for the same team. just like fucking politicians. why do you think 3/4 of Washington are lawyers?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:52:59 PM EDT
[#3]
vote arf

i am divided should i stay or should i go
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:55:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My aren't you special are you Pat I am Brandon ..  we should communicate via gmail rather than arfcom
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Your "huge" retainer/flat fee doesn't even cover my monthly overhead, and isn't worth soiling my reputation. I make my living on my reputation. If you don't like it, go find somebody else.

My aren't you special are you Pat I am Brandon ..  we should communicate via gmail rather than arfcom

Special or not, he is right. Lawyers who are ruthless to opposing counsel become ineffective. If I had some asshole lawyer with a shit reputation who is causing me and my client problems, you better believe I am not going to be giving discovery extensions or allowing him to reschedule depositions.

Lawyers work on reputation, and one client who wants to be a asshole is not worth sullying that reputation.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:57:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Special or not, he is right. Lawyers who are ruthless to opposing counsel become ineffective. If I had some asshole lawyer with a shit reputation who is causing me and my client problems, you better believe I am not going to be giving discovery extensions or allowing him to reschedule depositions.

Lawyers work on reputation, and one client who wants to be a asshole is not worth sullying that reputation.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your "huge" retainer/flat fee doesn't even cover my monthly overhead, and isn't worth soiling my reputation. I make my living on my reputation. If you don't like it, go find somebody else.

so in other words I am an asshole ?

I knew that

ETA after our come to divine power phone call
he discovered my x to death hence the settlement offfer

I want to do what's right for the kids
the youngest 2 want to have a mom the oldest 2 want nothing to do with her
its all fucked a house divided

if i start hanging out with x again I likely will fuck up

should i take the easy road and settle or fight for whats best for my kids

I am a weak piece of shit that wants to take the easy way but my kids deserve better
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:58:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Even this guy states is the worst that can happen is your ordered to return kids to state Y they can't order you to live in a specific area ..
and the parenting act in this fucked up state seems to jive with that

more irony the kids were removed from current state where they were enrolled in school when x got me falsely arrested on DV ( found not guilty at jury tiral, then they went after her for false reporting, got locked up for contempt on that ( her false reporting) for refusing to help state go after her, until state appeals court slapped the shit out of magistrate

yeah I am a train wreck shit magnet BUT I have recently learned from my mistakes and try and keep drama out of my life  

There comes a point where one has to decide what degree of control one will trade for the perception of freedom
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I plan on using 1.0 of what I have paid for and explaining more clearly what I want him to do if he wants to continue ... sometimes people just cant work together

If state Y manages to get an order forcing me back I will go the the farthest corner of state Y

The real fucker of this is that the X knew and had no issues with me moving at the time I did
she recently has been off dope and "wants me back " when I said I am sorry the stuff that happened can't  be undone i don't want to get back with you I wish you the best ...   let me know if you want to meet the kids 1/2 way she hung up
I got served 30 days later
Yeah you might not get away with moving to the other end of the state either.  

You fucked up not getting her to agree to the move in writing and then getting a new court order before moving.

Even this guy states is the worst that can happen is your ordered to return kids to state Y they can't order you to live in a specific area ..

more irony the kids were removed from current state where they were enrolled in school when x got me falsely arrested on DV ( found not guilty at jury tiral, then they went after her for false reporting, got locked up for contempt on that ( her false reporting) for refusing to help state go after her, until state appeals court slapped the shit out of magistrate

yeah I am a train wreck shit magnet BUT I have recently learned from my mistakes and try and keep drama out of my life  

There comes a point where one has to decide what degree of control one will trade for the perception of freedom

Jeebus,
I thought my ex was nvts.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:59:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You need to fire him now.  You are paying him for legal services, not to give your enemy intel.  Find another lawyer.  Damn the cost.  This guy is going to cost you more than $4k.

Also, you might get decent traction by using her drug addiction angle and how you don't want your kids around that.  Since she likely doesn't have a job, maybe it should be on her to move to where you are at instead of you being forced to move to her, likely giving up the sole income that is supporting the children.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I understand "the law"

I understand "local rules"

I don't give a fuck what someone "likes "

Fuck if there were not state lines involved I would fire this clown and just fucking do it myself ...( no way to e file in the venue without a super duper lawyer account)

This person actually spoon feeds opposing council ideas that are used to weaken my position

You need to fire him now.  You are paying him for legal services, not to give your enemy intel.  Find another lawyer.  Damn the cost.  This guy is going to cost you more than $4k.

Also, you might get decent traction by using her drug addiction angle and how you don't want your kids around that.  Since she likely doesn't have a job, maybe it should be on her to move to where you are at instead of you being forced to move to her, likely giving up the sole income that is supporting the children.....

Hope you have better luck keeping your kids away from the substance abuse crazy than we did.

My wife's ex who lives in a different state sued her for increased parenting time "up to and including all summer, every school break, and every three day weekend", as well as demanding she pay half the travel costs of airfare for all of it, a reduction in child support to $200 a month for two teenagers, and for my wife to provide health insurance (she's a pool healthcare employee - no benefits, he's a full time DOT truck driver with benefits).  He also was 1800 bucks behind on child support.

We were dead set opposed to this because the guy is patently unstable, dishonest, and has a big drug problem.  We wound up going to trial.

At the trial, he hadn't paid support in four months.  He was visibly jacked up, stammering, talking really fast.  Wearing a suit coat five sizes too big, different color dress pants....and flip flops.  He looked and sounded like a bum on crack.  We introduced into evidence that he had stolen my wife's portion of his retirement as outlined by the divorce decree by cashing it out, spending it, and not telling her - outright theft.  He got on the fucking stand and was questioned by our attorney and the judge.  He proudly announced, when asked, that not only did he smoke weed, he had driven down through Colorado and bought and used it legally, and "I have the receipt in my pocket!"

When asked by the judge if he used weed in Wisconsin where he lives, he replied "oh no.....when I'm at home, I do K2 and Spice, because they are totally legal!"
Everyone here in AZ knows the guy that shot Gabby Giffords was on Spice when he did it.  It makes people fucking wacko.
The judge then asked him if, as a DOT truck driver, he was subject to drug testing.  His response was "yeah, they forced me to do it when I got hired".  He spoofs the tests with a whizzinator.  Even thought we have no evidence, you would think his admitting to frequent drug use would seal the case.

The Judge refused to make his ruling at the end of the trial, instead he punted and said he would review the evidence and issue a ruling in 10 days.  I think the judge was scared to rule with the douchebag there in the courtroom.  The judge granted him "up to" his requested all-summer parenting time, denied all the other parenting time requests, made it so the kids set the travel dates and amount of time spent there, set his child support at the state mandated amount, and reduced it by $100 a month as a contribution by my wife to the travel costs.  Our attorney requested drug testing, but it was denied.  Our attorney's explanation was it's difficult to get it enforced when the other party is out of state, and judges are very reluctant to issue an order that they aren't in control of enforcing, and the ex has a history of non-compliance.  Further sanctions by the court would interfere with his job (child support) and his ability to exercise his parenting time, and the family court system, nationwide, sets the priority on doing everything they can to ensure the kids have access to both parents.  Character, drugs, insanity....none of it means anything to the court.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:07:28 AM EDT
[#8]
You know I just want to raise my kids in a somewhat stable environment

due to the x I have been shot / stabbed / lost countless jobs / been homeless      

and i know she is a sociopath to the core but I am just tired of fighting  its litterally taken years off my life and I am so tired

ashamed to admit I am likely going to settle even though I know it's wrong
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:09:18 AM EDT
[#9]
In.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:15:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Then they become politicians.

If there is not much difference between a candidate of the same party running for local/state office I never vote for the one that's a lawyer.

I figure why pick a professional liar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP

Put the bottle down.

Lawyers Ruin Everything.

I hear you brother

Then they become politicians.

If there is not much difference between a candidate of the same party running for local/state office I never vote for the one that's a lawyer.

I figure why pick a professional liar.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:39:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I didn't tell him how to do his job
only please bring these issues up
he didn't

the issues are somewhat related to the "kids best interest "
like being declared unfit by juvenile court
repeated DV incidents
federal case pending  on x
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In more specific terms :

I talked with lawyer whom was recommended by another lawyer that had done good work for me.
explained exactly what the issues were and what angles I wanted him to argue.
Well he sure took my retainer and then proceeded to go off on a tangent which now has me in greater jeopardy than had i ignored the summons and let it go to default judgement

when I finally talked to him on the phone after ruthless trying on my part his words " don't worry I know what I am doing "

Nice motherfucker I probably paid .5 Hr for that

"I'm really tied up with a bunch pf pending trials, let me refer you to someone I don't care for"  

I hope not ....  We person that refereed me to this perry mason legal eagle have personal history which I thought was good
I was just half joking that the "argue this" stuff is kind of a red flag  

I didn't tell him how to do his job
only please bring these issues up
he didn't

the issues are somewhat related to the "kids best interest "
like being declared unfit by juvenile court
repeated DV incidents
federal case pending  on x

I have found that occasionally my attorneys know what they are doing.  There have been times I wanted to bring up x, y and z, attorneys took my suggestion and then didn't bring anything up.  The more I understand how the system works, the more I see why they did that.  If the issue is taking kids across the state line without notifying the other parent, that has nothing to do with any issue the other parent has.  I know it feels like it would, but the fact of the matter is that is a separate issue.  You can get it addressed by filing a counter claim asking for something else, but you cant use it as an excuse for why you disobeyed a decree or order ect.  Attorneys don't look good when they bring up shit that has no bearing on the item in question.

I have tenants all the time who show up at my eviction hearings.  The judge asks them if they have paid rent and they say "no your honor, there is mold/he hasn't fixed x, the fridge doesn't work, blah blah blah"..   The judge has to explain to them that those are separate issues they could take me to court for, but they were still required to pay rent and my motions are granted.  If they would have had an attorney he would have kept them from spouting all the extra crap.  

Not saying your attorney isn't screwing up, Im just saying without a knowledge of how it works sometimes it only looks like he is screwing up.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:42:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I can admit when I am a ignorant ass

my liar ground down my X and probably got the best legal option I could get
morally it's not the best option  but the least of evils .......

it's better than another kids removed at gumpoint issue

In the end I can only do what I can and I have tried recently to prepare my girls for life the best my crazy ass could have
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:47:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Substitution of counsel.

Learn what happened, what went wrong, do the best you can with where it is now, and in the future put what you have learned toward building a better case for change custody when new circumstances present themselves and if your children are young they most likely will.  

Bitching about spilled milk will not get anywhere.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:10:59 AM EDT
[#14]
I have practiced law over 20 years and this type stuff is exactly the reason I don't practice family law. Too much drama. Give me criminal court all day long.

OP either sit down and have a heart to heart with your lawyer and get on the same page or get a new lawyer that you can get on the same page with. It really is that simple. Your $4k is hardly a large fee for any decently talented lawyer in most parts of the country. It may be perfectly adequate for what you want to do and it may not. Hash it out in person with your attorney.

ETA: I know some lawyers that are but don't know any really good litigators that are "timid pussies" if you hired the guy you must have liked him at some point...sort of the same as with your ex-wife. You had a couple of kids with her maybe she is just sudden onset crazy and was miraculously not crazy before the first child, second child.....but experience tells me this is unlikely.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:24:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:26:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:33:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I like where this thread is heading....

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:52:32 AM EDT
[#18]
lawyers are like the snakes that they milk to make anti-venom, they should be kept in a sealed case until they are needed and then handled carefully so as not to get bitten.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:52:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So she is agreeing to you moving? What more do you expect? That she get no visitation?  

You think telling a judge "i want to move away from my child's mother because she gets me in trouble" is going to fly?
View Quote

I don't know how you lawyers do it.

I would fucking shoot myself if I had to deal with that relationship bullshit on a regular basis.

"You two don't like each other any longer.............then get a fucking divorce without all the fucking drama and then shut the fuck up."

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:01:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:02:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:04:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If he had talked to a lawyer before leaving the state with his children he wouldn't be in this mess.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lawyers are like the snakes that they milk to make anti-venom, they should be kept in a sealed case until they are needed and then handled carefully so as not to get bitten.
If he had talked to a lawyer before leaving the state with his children he wouldn't be in this mess.  

a agree , that would have been the appropriate time to open the sealed container.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:11:58 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

It's counsel.  Not council.  They taught me that in law school.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:16:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I just want to stay the fuck out of there because there is a huge trigger for some bad habits i used to have
View Quote

Snorting blow off of bus station toilet seats?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:06:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I get court orders restricting where people can live within NY all the time. No idea what your states parenting act says obviously.   You're saying after you were found not guilty of domestic violence your ex was not only prosecuted, but you were incarcerated for obstructing the criminal case against her?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I plan on using 1.0 of what I have paid for and explaining more clearly what I want him to do if he wants to continue ... sometimes people just cant work together

If state Y manages to get an order forcing me back I will go the the farthest corner of state Y

The real fucker of this is that the X knew and had no issues with me moving at the time I did
she recently has been off dope and "wants me back " when I said I am sorry the stuff that happened can't  be undone i don't want to get back with you I wish you the best ...   let me know if you want to meet the kids 1/2 way she hung up
I got served 30 days later
Yeah you might not get away with moving to the other end of the state either.  

You fucked up not getting her to agree to the move in writing and then getting a new court order before moving.

I get court orders restricting where people can live within NY all the time. No idea what your states parenting act says obviously.   You're saying after you were found not guilty of domestic violence your ex was not only prosecuted, but you were incarcerated for obstructing the criminal case against her?

yep exactly that
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:52:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Been told so many times about well opposing council doesn't like it that way

I give a fuck about the enemy's comfort and wishes why
View Quote

You're lawyer's way of telling you that he's pussy and afraid to confront the other lawyer.  Time for you to get a new lawyer!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:01:25 PM EDT
[#27]
So, was sticking your dick in the crazy worth it?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:06:00 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Que?
View Quote
FPNI.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top