Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/26/2014 5:18:35 PM EDT
Saw this at the local REI.   Not my business but thought it was very strange.

She is wearing her uniform and tennis shoes.

Yeah, I know. Cool story.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Even if it is, that's the sloppiest get up I've seen in a long time.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:21:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably on profile. Judging by her gut, I would say its been a long one lol

ETA as pointed out, prob, preggers.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:21:29 PM EDT
[#3]
It might be possible for her to be on light duty for her feet and the light duty chit states that she should wear sneakers.  

But I am guessing not.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Possible if she has a profile.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Maternity ACUs.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Medical Profile for a foot issue. So she does not have to wear boots...

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#7]
She is female.   They aren't held to standard.   Ever.

She could be pregnant (you can tell when a unit is about to deploy.... you see tons of pregnant chicks in ACU's all wearing the same patch... THAT is the unit that is about to deploy) or could be too fat/female/broken to wear boots so a doctor that couldn't get hired by a hospital wrote her a "do not make her do stuff she is paid to do" profile.

She is scum.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:23:27 PM EDT
[#8]
You must have just joined up. She is obviously pregnant.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Medical Profile for a foot issue. So she does not have to wear boots...

View Quote

and appears preggo
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:23:41 PM EDT
[#10]
tennis shoes are sometimes allowed if the troop is injured.

Looks like that troop got twisted ankles from being pregnant......sigh.  Shouldn't ever have a pregnant troop, but that's a different argument.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:23:48 PM EDT
[#11]
She's wearing a maternity uniform with a "soft shoe" profile. It's authorized.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Maternity ACUs.
View Quote
Well that explains the "gut". lol

I guess the swelling feet got her sneaks profile.

In that case I hope she pops out a hell raising warrior.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:23:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
tennis shoes are sometimes allowed if the troop is injured.

Looks like that troop got twisted ankles from being fat as fuck.
View Quote

Or pregnant.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:24:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Pregnant
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Prego.

The best ones are the ones walking around with no laces in their boots.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Never seen a pregnant woman before?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#18]
unfortunately yes she is within regs...profile allows her to wear soft shoe.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
She's wearing a maternity uniform with a "soft shoe" profile. It's authorized.
View Quote

Authorized, and so very common.  You cannot question a pregnant female; all she needs is minority or lesbo status and she could wear Birkenstocks with her ACUs.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Second LT. Looks like a rag bag.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:27:10 PM EDT
[#21]
soft shoe profile, probably prego too
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#22]
I am glad we have her representing the Army.

I don't care if she is pregnant and on profile.  She should take the time to fucking change when she is going out in public.

Whether she wants to or not, she represents the military in that uniform.  She reflects on the rest of us.  Regardless of her profile, tennis shoes in uniform just looks fucked up.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#23]
This spot reserved for the year 2026.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:28:41 PM EDT
[#24]
fucked up but in regs

worst part is she was at REI like that.... but I won't let me Marine Corps ways get between the Army and their cammies off base
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:30:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
fucked up but in regs

worst part is she was at REI like that.... but I won't let me Marine Corps ways get between the Army and their cammies off base
View Quote

Most blue books usually say that you aren't allowed to go into civilian establishments with some exceptions.

Of course, its nearly impossible to enforce.  When you do try to correct someone, they will more than likely out rank you.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Needs submitted to hotornot.com
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:31:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

She could be pregnant (you can tell when a unit is about to deploy.... you see tons of pregnant chicks in ACU's all wearing the same patch... THAT is the unit that is about to deploy) or could be too fat/female/broken to wear boots so a doctor that couldn't get hired by a hospital wrote her a "do not make her do stuff she is paid to do" profile.

She is scum.
View Quote

Lol dude you have issues

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Profile.

Probably ingrown toenails.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Maternity ACUs.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Soft shoe profile. It's when you have a profile (military version of a prescription basically) to wear sneakers (soft shoes) for a certain length of time for some reason. I had one once, I had to wear sneakers when in uniform (BDUs at the time) for several weeks due to stress fractures in my feet.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:33:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Most blue books usually say that you aren't allowed to go into civilian establishments with some exceptions.

Of course, its nearly impossible to enforce.  When you do try to correct someone, they will more than likely out rank you.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
fucked up but in regs

figured.... I know we'd get them at the bar off base all the time.... really guys - go the fuck home and change, you're still not pulling any even in uniform
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:33:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Lol dude you have issues

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She is scum.

Lol dude you have issues

You're right.   I should have just said "She is a female in the Army.   Lower your expectations greatly."
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:34:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Never seen a pregnant woman before?
View Quote

I have since I have 4 kids.  All of the uniforms make the females look a bit dumpy to me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

She is scum.
View Quote

Show us on the doll where the bad lady touched you.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:34:37 PM EDT
[#35]
I was gonna say something about her BMI...

When did they stop requiring either civies or Charlie's off base?

Whole shit is too casual but I'm out so wtf do I know

It used to be a security concern for uniforms during public travel but I guess things change. Used to be only Alphas.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:35:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Saw this at the local REI.   Not my business but thought it was very strange.

She is wearing her uniform and tennis shoes.

<a href="http://s1134.photobucket.com/user/archtaan/media/IMAG0469_zps9c8duka2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m608/archtaan/IMAG0469_zps9c8duka2.jpg</a>

Yeah, I know. Cool story.
View Quote

Looks like a prego LT
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:35:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

She looks to be about seven months pregnant.  Most women look like that when they are advanced preggo.  Give her a break.  She is serving her country and she is trying to have a family.

I would rather see her walking around pregnant than some 3rd generation welfare queen.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:35:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

She is scum.
View Quote

Bingo
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:36:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Preggers.  I don't know about the Army, but AF waives that part of uniform requirements for preggers Airmen due to the likelihood of the feet swelling.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:37:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

She looks to be about seven months pregnant.  Most women look like that when they are advanced preggo.  Give her a break.  She is serving her country and she is trying to have a family.

I would rather see her walking around pregnant than some 3rd generation welfare queen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She might get more sympathy if she had a CAB and a deployment patch before getting pregnant.

She's riding a stereotype that is well-earned.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Soft shoe profile. It's when you have a profile (military version of a prescription basically) to wear sneakers (soft shoes) for a certain length of time for some reason. I had one once, I had to wear sneakers when in uniform (BDUs at the time) for several weeks due to stress fractures in my feet.

View Quote

That's all it is. I've seen some otherwise hard-charging 11Bravo's like that, back in the day.

Y'all need to lighten up, Francis.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#42]
She might be within regs as per her uniform, but she needs to check herself before conducting business that is not enroute to her home or unit for gas, food, or transporting children to and from their school.

She's still fucked up.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:40:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Maternity ACUs.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That's all it is. I've seen some otherwise hard-charging 11Bravo's like that, back in the day.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

nvm
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Thanks for the info guys.  I figured it would be ok, again just seemed out of place and I didnt even factor in a pregnancy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#46]
I don't get why lightweight boots wouldn't suffice. They practically feel like tennis shoes
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:43:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Repetitive answer.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:44:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Ayup, she's prego....that getup is good to go.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:44:09 PM EDT
[#49]
I saw an Army chick the other day at wafflehouse in uniform with  sandals and green boot socks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:44:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Shes from my base and I've seen her around.  She seems like a nice lady.  My wife is a vet and she said most likely she has swollen feet due to pregnancy which is obviously apparent here.  While her uniform choice and appearance may not be the best at the time of the photo, I've seen much worse on men in her BDE.  Shit in a rumpled chip bag comes to mind.  Also the days of looking good in battle dress is long gone since BDU's went away.  Also, she looks like shes going into REI, she can't be all that bad...
View Quote

Thanks for the update.  Yes its the REI on Emerald.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top