Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/26/2014 4:28:31 PM EDT
They are plainly ANTI-GUN.

you are giving them your money to further their anti- gun policies!!!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:29:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Because Gun Pal steals your money, PayPal doesn't
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:30:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Please list all the devices and services you are using to post on arfcom.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:30:34 PM EDT
[#3]
because it's the only way to pay for a lot of shit?

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:32:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  Too, easiest way to pay for my fap material.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:33:42 PM EDT
[#5]
What are other options to take credit cards for non-business accounts?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:35:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:39:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:40:09 PM EDT
[#8]
It's easy
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:41:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:42:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I dont
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I use the gift option. Way I see it I cost them money to provide a service for free.

I also have a paypal rewards card and get back 1% back on the collected money if i spend it as credit.

They provide free services and pay me for using card.

worked well so far.

I hate to say it but most corporations are anti gun in one way or another.

hard to spend money anywhere without supporting views you don't like. My 2 cents.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:43:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I guess I gotta start a pro-gun paypal style service, 'Mo-Gun'
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I got rid of them years ago after I sold something on Ebay, the guy got it, left positive feedback, and a week later I still didn't have my fucking money.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:44:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Because they offer two-factor authentication.  Thus, it's safer than using my credit card on small websites...who were probably hacked a month ago and don't know it yet.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#15]
This thread is breaking new ground here on AR15.com!
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Never used it, never plan to.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

No kidding.  I love how bent out of shape people get over this shit... when we are all pretty much "supporting the enemy" in some round about way.

I bet OP is using a Windows machine and has been for years... which helped Bill Gates get so filthy rich that his Gates Foundation was able to donate a million bucks to gun control causes.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:47:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't use it
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:47:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No kidding.  I love how bent out of shape people get over this shit... when we are all pretty much "supporting the enemy" in some round about way.

I bet OP is using a Windows machine and has been for years... which helped Bill Gates get so filthy rich that his Gates Foundation was able to donate a million bucks to gun control causes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He probably works at a company that uses Microsoft products every second of every day. He is a cog in the machine and doesn't even know it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:49:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Never used it, never plan to.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm banned.

Customers want to use it because it's easy for whatever reason. Easier that punching in a credit card directly for many, apparently.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
you are giving them your money to further their anti- gun policies!!!!
View Quote

Technically the buyer isn't giving paypal shit. When I pay with paypal, I'm giving money to the seller/vendor. Paypal then deducts fees from the sellers funds.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:50:43 PM EDT
[#24]
I might take a perverse pleasure in the fact that 90% of my paypal purchases are gun-related, and ALWAYS as a no-fee gift, so I am not technically supporting them, I am using them as a tool to further my own ends...
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:52:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a great example to use whenever these threads pop up. It's impossible to use the internet without "supporting" some kind of anti gun company.
It's impossible to live like a normal human being in the year 2014 without having some of your cash go to causes you don't support.
It's life. Wear a helmet.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:52:14 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:53:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Because if you use EBay it is about the only option.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:55:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I might take a perverse pleasure in the fact that 90% of my paypal purchases are gun-related, and ALWAYS as a no-fee gift, so I am not technically supporting them, I am using them as a tool to further my own ends...
View Quote

I do the same thing.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#29]
I would GLADLY use a pro-gun alternative that offered the same functionality. But there isn't one.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:55:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Because if you use EBay it is about the only option.
View Quote

THIS RIGHT HERE!

Ever bought any Gun stuff on eBay?  You use PP for those items too.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Who else provides a similar service, with equal protections and services, that's as universally accepted and has a genuine, provable, pro 2A stance?

When something like that exists, WITHOUT "gun", "firearm", "gat" or "boomstick" as part of their business name, I'll switch.  My business is not firearm related and I do not want to have to explain or deal with the backlash of using an obviously gun related payment service.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:56:04 PM EDT
[#32]
You can pay your NRA dues with Paypal, how anti does that make them?

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#33]
If you don't like, don't use it. Very simple.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:00:01 PM EDT
[#34]
They don't get any fees when you send/receive "GIFTS"
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:03:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They don't get any fees when you send/receive "GIFTS"
View Quote

You also dont have any buyer protection sending as a gift and they can still lock your account for abusing the gift option.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I do the same thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do the same thing.

Badda-Bing!

And it's relatively safe
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Because Gun Pal steals your money, PayPal doesn't
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Only when buying stuff on EBay.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#39]
There are many gun related items one can purchase on eBay and other vendor sites using PP.
You can purchase 10 round magazines, holsters, stocks, rails, sights, optics and other accessories without restriction.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
There are many gun related items one can purchase on eBay and other vendor sites using PP.
You can purchase 10 round magazines, holsters, stocks, rails, sights, optics and other accessories without restriction.
View Quote

restriction
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:21:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It's a great example to use whenever these threads pop up. It's impossible to use the internet without "supporting" some kind of anti gun company.
It's impossible to live like a normal human being in the year 2014 without having some of your cash go to causes you don't support.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They way of our world.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:32:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Paypal and ebay (in particular) were requiring me to provide financial information which they had no legitimate need to know in order to conduct the business they purport to be in.

I closed my accounts with both.  I can live perfectly well without either one of them.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:34:06 AM EDT
[#43]
lets me buy and sell shit easily?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:51:24 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Who else provides a similar service, with equal protections and services, that's as universally accepted and has a genuine, provable, pro 2A stance?

View Quote

When something like that exists, WITHOUT "gun", "firearm", "gat" or "boomstick" as part of their business name, I'll switch.  My business is not firearm related and I do not want to have to explain or deal with the backlash of using an obviously gun related payment service.

This. And t-minus a few posts before someone mentions they only use MO from the PO because PP is so antigun.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:53:46 AM EDT
[#45]
No mention of bitcoin yet eh? The protections of paypal are pretty much voided when you have to use the gift option to disguise your firearms transactions.

I wouldn't mind seeing a writeup of the firearms community using some virtual currency if only to state it's because Paypal and other institutions take an aggressive policy stance against firearms owners. (i.e. GD style - their business their rules, we'll do something else)
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:02:19 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

No mention of bitcoin yet eh? The protections of paypal are pretty much voided when you have to use the gift option to disguise your firearms transactions.

I wouldn't mind seeing a writeup of the firearms community using some virtual currency if only to state it's because Paypal and other institutions take an aggressive policy stance against firearms owners. (i.e. GD style - their business their rules, we'll do something else)
View Quote

If GD is any indication, many gun owners balk at such phony money. Thus its pointless to accept for a gun deal since most refuse to use it out of spite/ignorance.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:04:13 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

square

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:05:43 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

If GD is any indication, many gun owners balk at such phony money. Thus its pointless to accept for a gun deal since most refuse to use it out of spite/ignorance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

square

google wallet

amazon money transfer

but most people dont have accounts
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:14:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Meh, kinda knew that was the sentiment but when you can cash in and cash out (back to your 'real' money) there really isn't much risk, especially compared to getting your Paypal account locked / disabled when you're a seller of other items.

I wonder how the firearms industry merchants that have had their accounts frozen and closed by Chase and others with a similar policy feel about it.

ETA: quote
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:23:58 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

square  

google wallet

amazon money transfer

but most people dont have accounts

Google seems to think otherwise.

Google Wallet content policy doesn't allow the promotion of weapons or devices designed to cause serious harm or injury. The promotion of weapons includes guns, gun parts or hardware, ammunition, bombs, knives, throwing stars, and brass knuckles. Under certain conditions, some products and services would be permitted for the purposes of allowing a user to save a "show and scan” object to Google (Wallet Objects).

Amazon seems to think otherwise.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top