User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:59:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I can honestly say that over about 80-90 transactions here I've never had any real issues. Even when I've taken a chance dealing with a newer member or someone with little feedback.

There have been a handful of times when someone took a little longer to pay/ship then I would have but they still came through.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've only used it once for a Youngs BCG.  Deal went smooth as butter, and dude left me my only feedback immediately.  

That said, I was nervous about the whole thing from the get go.  I know it works well for the most part, and there are bitchin deals sometimes, but it just seems too easy to get ripped off.

Edited for spelling.

I can honestly say that over about 80-90 transactions here I've never had any real issues. Even when I've taken a chance dealing with a newer member or someone with little feedback.

There have been a handful of times when someone took a little longer to pay/ship then I would have but they still came through.

I believe it.  Maybe I'm just paranoid.  I still check the ee regularly.. But usually end up buying from an online store.  If the deal is good enough or I can't find it elsewhere, I'm still open to purchasing here.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:04:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I tend to go by the feedback and all were positive 100% on all accounts. I have faith that at least the two transactions involving magazines will work out.
I am the type that will buy the cardboard boxes at the USPS to ship things and even get the clerks to tape them up.
I have had other good transactions on here. Just seemed like these all came at once.
View Quote

lol i bought a bubble mailer and made sure they stamped it fragile and do not bend to mail out a burned cd i was sending to someone as a freebie.

some people know how the mail sorter works and take pride in making sure the package makes it to the person, some dont.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Biggest issue I've had are after the sale guys wanted me to also include extra mags, kick in some ammo.

Have stated only payment is USPS MO and them agree and then come back wanting to do a different payment. Told the guy OK but won't ship till it clears and then for the next several day wine that he shouldn't have to wait.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:37:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Never had a problem. I guess I am lucky?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:52:42 PM EDT
[#5]
You should really start a feedback thread on your first issue. Mods will try to help you out.

Your second one, the seller should have refunded you the whole amount. I would have started a feedback thread on that one too.

It's policy here, that it's on the seller to get the item to to buyer. Insurance covers the seller.

There is a tacked thread in feedback discussing the insurance issue.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:55:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I have been cursed or something.

Guy sent USPS money order for some S&W magazines. MO still has not arrived. Been about 3 weeks. I still sent out magazines. Gotta trust the guy at his word.

Bought a pistol barrel for 60 bucks. Thin envelope arrived without barrel. Guy said I should have asked for insurance. Felt like he was right, but the price was shipped. He refunded half the price. I got the envelope from USPS empty.

Now I payed a guy PP for some magazines and he hasn't logged on in two days.

All had positive feedback.

I guess three strikes is going to be out for the EE for me.

Anyone else have a run of bad luck?
View Quote
I've had people trust me so if I had a good feeling about the guy I might have shipped the mags too.

ridiculously inadequate packaging,shipper should refund the total amount and feel stupid for shipping like that.

Fuck PP but life happens maybe the guy had to work a double shift or something.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:55:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow he only gave you half the money back?

I've had a Atlas Bipod + LaRue mount lost (ripped out of packaging) and I refunded 100% of the cost. It was my fault that it wasn't packed well and I held full responsibility. You should ask the guy for the other half.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:00:43 AM EDT
[#8]
FEEDBACK FORUM
If you feel you've been wronged in an EE transaction, start a thread and let the EE mods assist you.  
This is helpful both for you in resolving your issue, but also for the rest of the EE users on this site to help weed out the bad apples and make the EE a more trustworthy place to do business.
As to your deals:

In case one, you were a bit too trusting to send the goods without payment, but should payment still fail to arrive and the buyer stops communicating, its a big deal and deserves attention.

In case two, EE rules stipulate that the seller is responsible for getting the goods to the buyer.  If this fails due to poor packaging as it sounds in your case, it is up to the seller to make you whole (refund or replace the item) and then the seller has to start an investigation with the USPS since they sent the package.  Sounds like you already came to an agreement with the other party so likely nothing you can do now, but know that per the EE rules, you should have been made whole by the seller.

In case three, if the seller remains unresponsive for several days and won't answer emails or IM's start a thread and get the EE mods to help.

The Arfcom EE has become my favorite and preferred place to buy and sell odds and ends because of how it is laid out and staffed by dedicated mods who help to resolve issues should they arise, but the system only works if everyone follows the rules AND brings problems to the attention of the staff so that they can be worked out, or failing a resolution, the at fault parties can be removed from the site.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:48:37 AM EDT
[#9]

OP I really wish you would start a negative feedback thread
about the barrel that was shipped in an envelope and fell out on the way.

Any seller that would do that and place the blame on you for
not buying insurance really needs to be called out and have his dick slapped.

If for nothing else, it will at least let the rest of us
know what kind of an irresponsible seller he is.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:16:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
9over40 - log out and log back in.  Little gift to lift you up.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:23:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sounds like you needed to start a couple feedback threads OP.

Getting the mods involved can really help get things done.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:30:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nothing sells on the ee now. Had much better luck with local forum.
View Quote

Everything is priced high most the time
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:47:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Jeez....You don't ship till you receive the funds.

"Barrel Boy" would have refunded me in full.....Unless he did not mind being banned.

To be honest I usually have much better luck selling on other forums.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:53:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Worst EE experience I ever had is all the guys that can't leave freaking positive feedback when they buy shit from me!
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:03:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

1. I wouldn't have shipped them. Unless you specifically said USPS MO only, then that was a risk he knew he was taking.

2. Fuck that guy. He should refund the entire price as his inadequate packaging led to the barrel being lost. Seller is responsible until it reaches the buyer in the EE.

3. Start an EE thread if he doesn't respond in another day or two.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have been cursed or something.
Guy sent USPS money order for some S&W magazines. MO still has not arrived. Been about 3 weeks. I still sent out magazines. Gotta trust the guy at his word.

Bought a pistol barrel for 60 bucks. Thin envelope arrived without barrel. Guy said I should have asked for insurance. Felt like he was right, but the price was shipped. He refunded half the price. I got the envelope from USPS empty.

Now I payed a guy PP for some magazines and he hasn't logged on in two days.

All had positive feedback.

I guess three strikes is going to be out for the EE for me.
Anyone else have a run of bad luck?

1. I wouldn't have shipped them. Unless you specifically said USPS MO only, then that was a risk he knew he was taking.

2. Fuck that guy. He should refund the entire price as his inadequate packaging led to the barrel being lost. Seller is responsible until it reaches the buyer in the EE.

3. Start an EE thread if he doesn't respond in another day or two.

Spot on right here!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top