Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:30:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems everyone here is Irish. Good lord.

I'd say most here are fans then.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I married a lass of Irish extraction. I survived 30+ years so far...

BTW, where does an Irish family go for vacation???
To a different saloon...

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:31:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Britain's Mexico
View Quote

Not since the 1980s.

Now Poland is the Mexico of the UK.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:32:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Pretty sure the sign is from 1900 to 1925.

The sign reads ->

"Help Wanted- No Irish Need Apply".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My sister has a pressed tin sign from a business around the turn of the 20th century.

"No Irish Need Apply"

Are you sure that wasn't the turn of the 19th?

Pretty sure the sign is from 1900 to 1925.

The sign reads ->

"Help Wanted- No Irish Need Apply".
the irish and the freed slaves were treat the same, very poorly.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Everyone hates the Irish until St Patricks Day and than suddenly everyone is Irish,  even the Muslims  
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#6]
God made whisky so the Irish wouldn't rule the world...
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I love Ireland....they party every night of the week.

Was just there last Sept. will be going back soon.

http://www.earthcam.com/world/ireland/dublin/?cam=templebar

eta: I got the drunkest I've ever been on a Tuesday night at Durty Nellys in Bunratty. I closed the place down and the cute little server walked me across the road to my hotel.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Shut your whore mouth!
We hate Irish? I AM Irish.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Because the Scots have better whisky.

Shut your whore mouth!
We hate Irish? I AM Irish.
Figures. The Irish hate each other...

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What caliber for leprechauns ?
View Quote

Thats not fucking funny . They are real dude dont fuck with them....

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Irish can't even conquer their own island.
View Quote

But they are trying
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:55:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Union members and they vote democrat....
View Quote

Union member .
Democock. No
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

But they are trying
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But they are trying

Plastic Paddy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:55:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

But they are trying
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But they are trying

They been trying for centuries.....Up the Orange!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Worse, Ireland is the only nation on earth that transmitted their condolences for Hitler's death.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You mean besides not being on our side in World War II?

Worse, Ireland is the only nation on earth that transmitted their condolences for Hitler's death.

Not a US ally, never have been. They've never been on our side in any war let alone WWII.  Plus we can thank American Irish for 50+ years of Kennedys.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:33:50 PM EDT
[#16]
My wife is Irish, Catholic, and I treat her just like an equal!!!

I know, that's big of me...

I got this diversity thing down!!!

Cowpunk

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:52:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My wife is Irish, Catholic, and I treat her just like an equal!!!

I know, that's big of me...

I got this diversity thing down!!!

Cowpunk

View Quote

Mighty white of you.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:58:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I wont date one.  Too pasty.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't see no Americans. I see trespassers, Irish harps. Do a job for a nickel what a nigger does for a dime and a white man used to get a quarter for. What have they done? Name one thing they've contributed.

RF
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:13:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I don't see no Americans. I see trespassers, Irish harps. Do a job for a nickel what a nigger does for a dime and a white man used to get a quarter for. What have they done? Name one thing they've contributed.

RF
View Quote
They settled in nice Anglo cities and ran 'em down.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:19:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Taken at Kayne's Pub in Killarney less than a month ago.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#22]
red heads are hot
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Not a US ally, never have been. They've never been on our side in any war let alone WWII.  Plus we can thank American Irish for 50+ years of Kennedys.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You mean besides not being on our side in World War II?

Bullshit and I can prove it. You are probably just trying to make some sort of statement.....
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Strawman.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:19:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That is true.  My mothers side is Irish, but she has no idea as to where or how far back.  My wife is Irish as well.  Her grandparents came to the US very young, they are from Galway.  She's been back a few times, I've haven't been yet.  

My fathers side of the family kept pretty good genealogy records, and we still have a very large "family" there, though there hasn't been contact between the two since my grandparents.  

All of the Irish in my family and not a single ginger though

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
<-------  See avatar. County Roscommon.  Great Great Grandparents were born in Ireland but immigrated when they were in their early teens.    

I don't care if ya'll like me.  

Same with my family just a small correction. Looks like I may be a generation younger then you. My dads side came from southern Ireland my moms from the north. Its funny how the Irish always find each other, my fiancé is 3rd generation Irish (but only 50% the other 50% is Italian)

That is true.  My mothers side is Irish, but she has no idea as to where or how far back.  My wife is Irish as well.  Her grandparents came to the US very young, they are from Galway.  She's been back a few times, I've haven't been yet.  

My fathers side of the family kept pretty good genealogy records, and we still have a very large "family" there, though there hasn't been contact between the two since my grandparents.  

Same here not one  ginger in our family either. Check ancestry.com if you want to follow the family tree back. I was shocked at how much was there and how accurate it was. I found a lot of old picture too, I used the 14day free trial and canceled it after that so I didn't get charged
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:24:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Union member .
Democock. No
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Union members and they vote democrat....

Union member .
Democock. No

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:28:16 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:49:25 PM EDT
[#28]
They are always after me lucky charms

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:19:14 AM EDT
[#29]
I bought an Irishman co-worker born and raised in Dublin his first Guinness ever.  He wanted a Heineken, I thought he said Guinness, since that is what everyone there drinks.  He was hesitant when I came back with it, said it was his first one ever, had asked for a Heineken, swore to God, bunch of others confirmed it as true, he never had a Guinness before.  I said I would one day tell my grandchildren about it.

True story.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:30:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I bought an Irishman co-worker born and raised in Dublin his first Guinness ever.  He wanted a Heineken, I thought he said Guinness, since that is what everyone there drinks.  He was hesitant when I came back with it, said it was his first one ever, had asked for a Heineken, swore to God, bunch of others confirmed it as true, he never had a Guinness before.  I said I would one day tell my grandchildren about it.

True story.
View Quote

Actually, they all don't drink Guinness over there.  The best selling beer at the restaurant in the St James Gate brewery is...Bud Light.  Apparently when the economy was in the crapper (before it got very good, then went in the crapper again) locals couldn't afford to drink Guinness on the regular, so they took to liking relatively inexpensive American imports.  They remain very popular to this day.

So yeah, they'll have a Guinness on special occasions but the locals don't drink Guinness exclusively or even very much at all (nor is it the only popular stout there either.)

ETA: Dublin is very much a party town.  Even during the week you'll find big crowds out and about into the wee hours of the morning at the bars.  Guinness is not that conducive to all night drinking on a regular basis, lighter beers are.  And I love Guinness as much as the next guy, and I know they pack fewer calories than you'd think, but lighter beers are much easier to pound all night.  Because of that lighter beers are more popular there with the locals.

ETA II: Guinness in Ireland tastes better than Guinness here.  A pint at St James Gate Gravity Bar is the finest you'll ever drink.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:38:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Too soon

CRAP!

used to another format.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:47:54 AM EDT
[#32]
First off none of you are Irish because if you are born and raised in America you are American,  also

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:57:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:58:08 AM EDT
[#34]
An Irish guy once punched me in the jaw when I said "why would they name a soap after the Irish............they never use soap?"

He didn't think that was very funny.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:14:54 AM EDT
[#35]
1. They don't shut up about their nationality and how awesome they think it is, which provides competition for any red blooded patriotic American.
2. Potatoes - Nuff Said
3. Irish Whiskey < Scotch Whisky
4. Irish Whiskey < American Whiskey
5. That Accent
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:35:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
God made whisky so the Irish wouldn't rule the world...
View Quote

The rest of ya are afraid we will stop drinkin and take over what you all have screwed up.
I am Irish, and a union member and I have never voted democrat.  Nor do I support any of their idiotic liberal agendas.  I don't know any Irish that support the liberal leftist views.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:15:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Actually, they all don't drink Guinness over there.  The best selling beer at the restaurant in the St James Gate brewery is...Bud Light.  Apparently when the economy was in the crapper (before it got very good, then went in the crapper again) locals couldn't afford to drink Guinness on the regular, so they took to liking relatively inexpensive American imports.  They remain very popular to this day.

So yeah, they'll have a Guinness on special occasions but the locals don't drink Guinness exclusively or even very much at all (nor is it the only popular stout there either.)

ETA: Dublin is very much a party town.  Even during the week you'll find big crowds out and about into the wee hours of the morning at the bars.  Guinness is not that conducive to all night drinking on a regular basis, lighter beers are.  And I love Guinness as much as the next guy, and I know they pack fewer calories than you'd think, but lighter beers are much easier to pound all night.  Because of that lighter beers are more popular there with the locals.

ETA II: Guinness in Ireland tastes better than Guinness here.  A pint at St James Gate Gravity Bar is the finest you'll ever drink.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True story.

I dunno, man...been there 7 times, and almost everyone everytime everywhere drank Guinness...some drank cider, some harp, but mostly Guinness.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

True story.
View Quote

I used to go to an "Irish" pub when I lived in Las Vegas. I was talking to the bartender who was Irish; as in, straight off the boat Irish. I asked him what beer they drink in Ireland; he said..............Budweiser. I asked him about whiskey and he turned me on to what, in my opinion, is the best whiskey I ever drank: Red Breast.

Now a buddy of mine, who is in the US on a green card from England, grew up drinking Guinness, said everybody there drinks Guinness, and he still drinks Guinness to this day.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Same here not one  ginger in our family either. Check ancestry.com if you want to follow the family tree back. I was shocked at how much was there and how accurate it was. I found a lot of old picture too, I used the 14day free trial and canceled it after that so I didn't get charged
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
<-------  See avatar. County Roscommon.  Great Great Grandparents were born in Ireland but immigrated when they were in their early teens.    

I don't care if ya'll like me.  

Same with my family just a small correction. Looks like I may be a generation younger then you. My dads side came from southern Ireland my moms from the north. Its funny how the Irish always find each other, my fiancé is 3rd generation Irish (but only 50% the other 50% is Italian)

I never needed to do my genealogy because my family (on both sides) did that as time went on for hundreds of years. Family bibles and all that, although on my mothers side, about 40-50 years ago they compiled all the information and had it printed into a hard backed book.
But, I decided to cut to the chase and sent a mouth swab DNA sample into the National Geographic Genographic Project.  All this did was prove what I already knew and I suddenly realized that I had wasted my money.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:06:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Dude, ARFCOM doesn't even like ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:17:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:38:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Fuckin' theivin', shifty, potato-eatin', drunken, good for nothin' IRISH. A more unpleasant, smelly, belligerent, ill-mannered people God did not see fit place upon the earth, because He only wanted to remind us all of where we could be but for His Grace.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:07:04 PM EDT
[#43]
We need to keep it real like it's 1850's and hate the Irish.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#44]
I don't mind the Irish.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:13:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Have you not figured out by now that ARFCOM hates everyone?
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:14:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I don't mind the Irish.
View Quote

you are dead to me.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:14:59 PM EDT
[#47]
I like their corned beef.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#48]
They build a pretty good car .

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:29:03 PM EDT
[#49]
I hate the Irish because they gave us Bono.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 4:22:23 AM EDT
[#50]
So I was doing my family history tonight. I had hit a helluva wall and some other gentleman had completed the tree and it matched with mine. Turns out I have an Irish ancestor that came from over there in the 1850s.

Ofcourse it had to be the most stereotypical one of all. My English blood isn't as pure as I thought.  

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top