Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/26/2014 9:26:36 AM EDT
Right now I have two idiots in front of me that are too dainty to change a flat tire and because of that they're blocking a lane of traffic. Both idiots are healthy adult males in their late twenties to early thirties. Neither of them is even attempting to change the tire.

Instead they are waiting for AAA to show up; which is going to be an hour and a half wait.

So I went JBT on them and told them ever so nicely to move their fucking Nissan Sedan out of the good damn road. A total of twenty fucking feet.

I don't give a shit that you're in a suit and tie. Move your fucking car out of the roadway. "But, but, but... it is really hard to steer with the back tire completely flat".

I don't give a fuck... move the car or get a fucking citation.

They moved their shitmobile.

Fucking Christ.... what is society coming to today? It isn't like they have a flat on a wheeled front loader or 18 wheeler semi truck. It is a compact 4 banger Nissan sedan. Roll up your sleeves, change the fucking tire, and stop being a pair of sandy manginas.

I know... CSB

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:30:16 AM EDT
[#1]
You could have offered to change it for them.

I'll bet if they were two hot smoking wimmen with HUGE tracts of land, you would have.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Right now I have two idiots in front of me that are too dainty to change a flat tire and because of that they're blocking a lane of traffic. Both idiots are healthy adult males in their late twenties to early thirties. Neither of them is even attempting to change the tire.

Instead they are waiting for AAA to show up; which is going to be an hour and a half wait.

So I went JBT on them and told them ever so nicely to move their fucking Nissan Sedan out of the good damn road. A total of twenty fucking feet.

I don't give a shit that you're in a suit and tie. Move your fucking car out of the roadway. "But, but, but... it is really hard to steer with the back tire completely flat".

Fucking Christ.... what is society coming to today? It isn't like they have a flat on a wheeled front loader or 18 wheeler semi truck. It is a compact 4 banger Nissan sedan. Roll up your sleeves, change the fucking tire, and stop being a pair of sandy manginas.

I know... CSB

View Quote

Prius?   You said Nissan so I guess it is some other genderless identity issue hipster car?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:31:39 AM EDT
[#3]
As with everyone these days, overinflated senses of importance.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:33:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Well they were in suits, and they would be late for the meeting of their new Tech start up at the Buck's (That's what all the cool kids are calling "the StarBucks" now).
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:34:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'll bet if they were two hot smoking wimmen with HUGE tracts of land, you would have.
View Quote

Against department policy.... we had enough idiots break their backs and break other folks cars doing that.

If they were ladies.... I'd have them move their car, ask them if they called anyone, and if not I can have a wrecker out to do it but that is on them to sort out the payment.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I've seen a petite 20-30's woman get out and change a similar aged mans tire for him before.

If you're a man and can't change a tire, please turn in your penis
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:37:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Roll up your sleeves, change the fucking tire, and stop being a pair of sandy manginas.
View Quote

Why am I reading the above sentence in Harvey Keitel's voice...?

"Pretty please, with sugar on top; change the fucking tire."
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:38:43 AM EDT
[#9]
What did they say when you asked them if they were going to change the tire?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:39:25 AM EDT
[#10]
They weren't hipsters...

More like GQ's version of Kanye West.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:40:01 AM EDT
[#11]
So the department has determined it is too dangerous for you to do, because officers have gotten hurt, but you call these guys out for not doing it.  Good double standard you have there.  If you're paying for a service (AAA) which will come out and do it for free, why wouldn't you wait.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:40:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

So the department has determined it is too dangerous for you to do, because officers have gotten hurt, but you call these guys out for not doing it.  Good double standard you have there.  If you're paying for a service (AAA) which will come out and do it for free, why wouldn't you wait.

View Quote

I bet you have nice silky hands
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:41:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I jump started a car yesterday for 2 ladies. There were 2 other men there trying to figure out how to connect the jumper cables to the car batteries.
The men were Chemical Engineers. Not like they were stupid...
Couldn't figure out how to connect jumper cables. HOLY CRAP!!

I DID tell them to surrender their Man Cards after I got the ladies back on the road.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:41:46 AM EDT
[#15]
See this often when they have A/M wheels. Lugnut wrench doesn't fit
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:41:56 AM EDT
[#16]
i know of 2 different teenage males who have all but abandoned their cars because of flat tires(both are parked in driveways).
the mom of one actually had to go out and change the tire.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:42:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've seen a petite 20-30's woman get out and change a similar aged mans tire for him before.

View Quote

Will you be taking the phallic returns?  
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:43:18 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

What did they say when you asked them if they were going to change the tire?
View Quote

"Oh, we're waiting on AAA." as cars are backed up and driving by them at 45-55mph.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:43:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, just pointing out the irony of the rant, when the follow-up post is

"Against department policy.... we had enough idiots break their backs..."
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

What if you're a Swede?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:44:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They were blocking traffic. They should have at least moved the vehicle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were blocking traffic. They should have at least moved the vehicle.

Agree with you on that point, they're idiots for even having to be told to move out of the lane.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:44:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Their balls first then if they don't change then the penis.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:44:50 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Send them to FBHO so he can build a wall and climb it with his mouth
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:44:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Never mind I may of read more into it my apologies
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:45:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I jump started a car yesterday for 2 ladies. There were 2 other men there trying to figure out how to connect the jumper cables to the car batteries.
The men were Chemical Engineers. Not like they were stupid...
Couldn't figure out how to connect jumper cables. HOLY CRAP!!

I DID tell them to surrender their Man Cards after I got the ladies back on the road.
View Quote

I've seen two engineers at a nuke plant argue over which of their cups would hold more water. It went on forever. Neither one of them were smart enough to fill up one cup and try pouring it into the other.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

In my previous agency I changed tires all the time (for little old ladies and such). My current agency is a SOP nightmare of preventive ligation. I can't take a shotgun out of a patrol car for mundane tasks such as cleaning the car unless it is cased because the Brass doesn't want to scare the public.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:49:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I know... CSB

View Quote

I approve. Too many panty-waisted poofs coming out in male society.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:56:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Can you write a ticket for being a pussy?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Good, middle of nowhere, fly-over, country girls don't have a problem changing tires.  I was picking up my kid from school and saw a high school student changing her own tire.  We asked a couple of times if she wanted help and she refused.  We weren't the first or last to offer the help.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:01:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Don't you have a push bumper?

If you can steer it, clear it!
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I know... CSB

View Quote

JBT thuggery approved for that nonsense, thank you!

I am completely puzzled by people like that. Way back in the dark ages when I learned to drive, my dad made me change a tire on the family car for no good reason other than "you need to know how to do it if you are going to get turned loose on the road." I grumbled at the time, but he was making sure I hopefully never be stranded by the side of the road who knows where by something that could be fixed so easily, and I am very appreciative (now!) that he cared enough for my well-being to spoil his own Saturday by having to endure a snotty, ungrateful teenager's bad mood for the rest of that day...thanks, Dad!  
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:02:39 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Can you write a ticket for being a pussy?
View Quote

316.071 Disabled vehicles obstructing traffic.Whenever a vehicle is disabled on any street or highway within the state or for any reason obstructs the regular flow of traffic, the driver shall move the vehicle so as not to obstruct the regular flow of traffic or, if he or she cannot move the vehicle alone, solicit help and move the vehicle so as not to obstruct the regular flow of traffic. Any person failing to comply with the provisions of this section shall be cited for a nonmoving violation, punishable as provided in chapter 318.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:02:52 AM EDT
[#33]
I had a similar situation last night.  I got called to a motorist assist and it ended up being a college kid with a flat tire and no spare.  He was wanting to get himself and the car back to the town that he goes to school in (45 min or so away).  I was unfamiliar with the town he was from so I called my dispatcher to see if she could locate a service.  In the meantime I used my smartphone to search for a tow service myself.  One service kept coming up from his town in the searches so I told him that he could try them.  He asks for the number and pulls out his smartphone to dial the number.  I guess they don't teach google-fu to college kids these days.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:04:47 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

If you can steer it, clear it!
View Quote

No

My agency is GD Cop Bashers' wet dream. We are so de-militarized, we wear whistle chains.

No ARs, shotguns have to be cased if removed from the vehicle for normal non oppressive use, and God forbid we don't wear our whistle chains!

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:07:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:20:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Good JBT. They had it coming.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Even my 19 year old daughter changes flats on her car. She would probably laugh at those guys.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:28:04 AM EDT
[#38]
My dad made me show I could change a tire using only the tools in the car before I was allowed to drive anywhere alone. He was nice enough that I was allowed to use his garage tools to put the original tire back on the car.

Kharn

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:29:30 AM EDT
[#39]
I pulled up in my Prius yesterday and helped a kid in a Jeep change a tire.
Upinya!
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:32:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wait all you want. Just move the fucking car.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:33:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

In my previous agency I changed tires all the time (for little old ladies and such). My current agency is a SOP nightmare of preventive ligation. I can't take a shotgun out of a patrol car for mundane tasks such as cleaning the car unless it is cased because the Brass doesn't want to scare the public.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, that sounds like it would seriously cut back on your JBTedness...
(Is that even a word??)

ETA: I haven't had to help change tires lately, but I did get flagged down by a guy in a POS car in front of Home Depot that needed a jump.
I had sympathy because he had obviously taken the initiative to go inside and buy a shiny new set of jumper cables so I didn't have to dig mine out. It did start right up, so my total time wasted was < 2 minutes.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:35:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:37:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I know... CSB

View Quote

Oddly, I am completely ok with this. They should try public transportation or a cab if they don't know how to keep their vehicle moving on the roadway... at the very least, clear the roadway so you aren't keeping anyone else from going about their daily activities. I am sure most here would be fine with this if said suit and tie duo were blocking the lane for an ambulance with a family member in it...
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:45:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

And you claim to be from PA?  Must be from filthydelphia.    Reading comprehension is key.  Sitting in a lane of traffic instead of pulling off the road or driving a short distance to a side street is lacking common sense.  Police aren't AAA....and if you call AAA to have a tire changed and you don't have a vagina....you are a vagina....  

CMS
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"You didn't change that tire.  There were a lot of people that made that happen..."

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:09:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Against department policy.... we had enough idiots break their backs and break other folks cars doing that.

If they were ladies.... I'd have them move their car, ask them if they called anyone, and if not I can have a wrecker out to do it but that is on them to sort out the payment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll stop and change a womens tire anytime

I sure as hell won't change a mans tire!
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:14:32 AM EDT
[#47]
" Sara help me. I dont know how to change a tire. "
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:21:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:25:57 AM EDT
[#49]
maybe they don't have a spare. Or a jack. Or a tire iron. Maybe you need to get your estrogen levels checked.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:34:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
maybe they don't have a spare. Or a jack. Or a tire iron. Maybe you need to get your estrogen levels checked.
View Quote

They can still push their vehicle out of the roadway.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top