BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:34:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A whole lot of people here have a hard-on for him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does this mean I can finally criticize him when he says something I disagree with, without being called a "Moby"?

No no Sub, if we say that we don't like Beck, Rush or O'Riley we're Obama loving leftists.

O'Riley? Really? He's never been a conservative. O'Riley is a populist, and always has been. That he's perceived as a conservative demonstrates the grip progressives have in media and in our minds.

A whole lot of people here have a hard-on for him.

Who?.....I have been here a long time...and I don't think I've ever seen any support for O'Riley.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I just want to remind everyone, I didn't like Beck before it was cool not to like Beck.

View Quote
I'm with this guy

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I just want to remind everyone, I didn't like Beck before it was cool not to like Beck.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:40:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

He's up to something.  Wilkow leaving The Blaze was a clue to me.  The be nice to the illegals shtick was another.  

I wonder if subscription numbers to The Blaze are plateauing or started to decrease and he is looking to sell off while his Company still has value.

Edited- grammar
View Quote
you can be a human to other humans while not allowing them to stay ya know

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:44:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Meh, it's a little over the top, even for Breitbart.

It seems to be taken out of context, from what I remember.  IIRC, Glenn was making a point about charity and a point about visiting the border.

Here is the quoted remark, written in a previous BB article, that they reference.
Not quite the same, is it?  Sounds like he was ribbing a coworker to me...

And just because he was talking to CNN about HLN, that has zero to do with anything.  Any of you would take it if you were in his position, plus there is no proof of him changing any views because he wants to be charitable to illegals.  Better him, a private charity, give money than our government, which was doing an absolutely horrible job, at the time.

But hey, let's not let that get in the way of the GB hate.  It flourishes in GD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It seems to be taken out of context, from what I remember.  IIRC, Glenn was making a point about charity and a point about visiting the border.

Here is the quoted remark, written in a previous BB article, that they reference.

Beck half-jokingly said his co-host Stu was not man enough for skipping out on the trip. Stu said since he has a child under two years of age, doctors recommended that he not travel to the border because of the risk of contagious diseases.

Beck also suggested those who did not go to the border with him like Cruz were also "pusses."

"You know who is not a giant puss?" Beck asked, before answering, "Ted Cruz." He said Cruz called him on Thursday afternoon and said, "I'm coming."

And just because he was talking to CNN about HLN, that has zero to do with anything.  Any of you would take it if you were in his position, plus there is no proof of him changing any views because he wants to be charitable to illegals.  Better him, a private charity, give money than our government, which was doing an absolutely horrible job, at the time.

But hey, let's not let that get in the way of the GB hate.  It flourishes in GD.
so not only did CNN purposefully edit to get a fake point across, breitbart didnt even look into it themselves....

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:45:55 AM EDT
[#6]
...Beck, who reportedly has a net worth of nearly $100 million, claimed that...
View Quote

He is no dumbass.  He is in show business.  I find him entertaining and agree with many of his stances.  Then he will occasionally go off the cliff.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#7]
he lost me with all his support for those illegal rats coming across the border

kids

gfy beck
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

In the last interview I saw featuring Beck (on CNN, IRC), he said that he "admired" Bernie Sanders.

Fuck that emotional twatface.
View Quote
you can admire/respect your enemy

afaik, he admires people like sanders because they dont hide.  iow.. truthful.. about who they are.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:47:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

no..Moby

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does this mean I can finally criticize him when he says something I disagree with, without being called a "Moby"?

no..Moby

Dupe
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:57:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Where is that funny, "Patriots Beware - Beck Judas Goat" meme!

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'll admit at times I've really liked what I've seen him say; but at other times I didn't.  He seems to have a bi-polar personality to me.  Not that he's mentally ill, just that he goes on wild swings and when on these swings he's entirely different than when he swings the other way.
View Quote

This.  Also it is easy to see all the Marxist wannabes (the probably aren't intelligent enough to figure it out) in this thread. When did we start sliding so far to the left?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:40:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Not buying it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I call bullshit. Beck has no need for CNN...he already has his own network.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:41:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This.

Not to mention 1) Beck hasn't been on CNN since late 2008 when Murdoch accelerated his departure. 2) Beck is very open about his evolving positions and his faith based reasons & pivot points for changes 3) Beck tries to live his principles (and all of us fall short of our own stated principles) for example he dropped GM as a sponsor over the bailout, he moved to Texas to get out of the soul polluting Manhattan, he started his own media group with his own money to ensure he could say what he thinks without management stifling him...now that he is nearly broke it makes sense that he'd seek out a partnership with a MSM outlet.

I like Glenn Beck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beck actually called Conservatives" pusses" ? doesn't sound right might be a B.S. Hit piece OP

Check your sources.

This.

Not to mention 1) Beck hasn't been on CNN since late 2008 when Murdoch accelerated his departure. 2) Beck is very open about his evolving positions and his faith based reasons & pivot points for changes 3) Beck tries to live his principles (and all of us fall short of our own stated principles) for example he dropped GM as a sponsor over the bailout, he moved to Texas to get out of the soul polluting Manhattan, he started his own media group with his own money to ensure he could say what he thinks without management stifling him...now that he is nearly broke it makes sense that he'd seek out a partnership with a MSM outlet.

I like Glenn Beck.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:44:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I call bullshit. Beck has no need for CNN...he already has his own network.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#16]
While he was reportedly negotiating to partner with CNN, Beck tried to get the mainstream media to love him at the expense of conservatives.
View Quote

Wait, wait, wait you mean a guy who was trying to land a job (I assume a better paying one than he currently had) or to expand his business he sucked up to the company he was trying to get to hire or join with him? Oh nooooes the horror. Wonder how many have done the same here to get a job or make more money.

The guy's a fracking entertainer and he says as much. His job, which he also says, is to entertain the listener. Does it really come as a shock that he's not a die hard conservative, tea party, or what ever?

The one good thing about Beck, which few of the other media figures do, is he tells you go and look up the information yourself, not to rely on him. Very few lib talking heads can suggest the same since you'd see they're full of shit and ignoring facts. Beck goes way over board at times and is occasionally wrong. He has at times taken the wrong stance on issues to which we've had numerous threads with the same people in this one supporting him or hating him. This thread is just a rehash of past threads about Beck.

Love him or hate him he is on the national stage and does reach a lot of people. And he generally is on the non Progressive side of most issues. <shrugs>
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:09:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I hate that he's changed so much. He's taken himself off my radar.

He wants to be rich Gandhi now and that's ... strange.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:10:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Me too!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too!

Nobody likes the "Told You So" guys...
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:18:56 PM EDT
[#19]
He's an entertainer.  Nothing more and nothing less.  Virtually the equivalent of Weird Al Yankovich.  Some people like Weird Al's music in much the same way some people like what Glenn Beck says.  Glen says things so people give him money.  He's discovered that saying that thing you don't like is the key to making more money.  So he said it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Well, you guys are putting your faith in these reports awfully quickly.

I would ask of Beck what any of us would expect, if we were criticized by a source like CNN-- Mr. Beck, tell us what really happened.

Weigh his explanation, then decide.  Somebody's lying, and I'm not ready to take CNN's word as to who it is.

Being nice to immigrant children. . . . . . . .  are you guys saying you would be MEAN to them?

Seems to me an American thing to do, to help kids be comfortable while they wait to be shipped home.  Their home, not mine or yours.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:44:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Not taking sides one way or the other here... but do any of you remember that Beck used to be with CNN, before he moved to Fox, before he left Fox?
View Quote

I do indeed remember that. His CNN show was fantastic--that's where he started outing the left for the criminals that they are. As I understood it, finding and reporting the truth was what got him booted from CNN and moved to Fox.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:25:04 PM EDT
[#22]
More GD hypocrisy....

CNN in GD's collective wisdom is the official mouthpiece for Obama and everyone else who swings left until they do a hit piece on a former host and then they become the pinnacle of journalistic truth and media integrity.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:27:50 PM EDT
[#23]
um plenty of ways beck quotes can be used out of character since half the stuff they say is incredibly sarcastic....
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:32:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I do indeed remember that. His CNN show was fantastic--that's where he started outing the left for the criminals that they are. As I understood it, finding and reporting the truth was what got him booted from CNN and moved to Fox.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not taking sides one way or the other here... but do any of you remember that Beck used to be with CNN, before he moved to Fox, before he left Fox?

His show and Lou Dobbs were the only things on CNN I could watch.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:35:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
He's up to something.  Wilkow leaving The Blaze was a clue to me.  The be nice to the illegals shtick was another.  

I wonder if subscription numbers to The Blaze are plateauing or started to decrease and he is looking to sell off while his Company still has value.

Edited- grammar
View Quote

I doubt CNN has any money to make a deal.  They are in bad shape financially, laying off lots of people or getting early retirements
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:36:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
More GD hypocrisy....

CNN in GD's collective wisdom is the official mouthpiece for Obama and everyone else who swings left until they do a hit piece on a former host and then they become the pinnacle of journalistic truth and media integrity.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

More GD hypocrisy....

View Quote

Yep - GD does this on many different subjects with regards to selective "trust" of media stories.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:39:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Not buying it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#29]
On his radio show today, Wilkow said that he would take a show on MSNBC so that he could be their conservative viewpoint (something along those lines).

If he did, I would  tune in to watch. That guy is great.

As for Beck, I don't dislike him at all. Some of the stories that run on His Blaze website are dumb puff pieces. But it's still entertaining. I like what he is trying to do with his Marketplace, giving a forum for USA made goods.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It's a crying shame.

or game
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
so not only did CNN purposefully edit to get a fake point across, breitbart didnt even look into it themselves....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beck half-jokingly said his co-host Stu was not man enough for skipping out on the trip. Stu said since he has a child under two years of age, doctors recommended that he not travel to the border because of the risk of contagious diseases.

Beck also suggested those who did not go to the border with him like Cruz were also "pusses."

"You know who is not a giant puss?" Beck asked, before answering, "Ted Cruz." He said Cruz called him on Thursday afternoon and said, "I'm coming."

Breitbart and CNN will gain viewers if everyone turns on GB.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:16:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Carnival barkers gonna bark.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
<snip>

Beck is a disgusting shill and media whore with nothing on his mind but making a buck. He has never been about any convictions and those who listened to him (myself included for a very short time) were all duped. He's just an entertainer, running his mealy little mouth, saying whatever gets him paid the most.
View Quote

I agree with this.  Limbaugh is cut from the same cloth.

They do us all damage by spouting ridiculously extreme viewpoints.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Beck actually called Conservatives" pusses" ? doesn't sound right might be a B.S. Hit piece OP

Check your sources.
View Quote

Really? It's that hard to believe that a whiny money grubbing TV star will do whatever is best for himself?

NOBODY is your friend when it comes to politics, TV, etc.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm a big fan of Andrew Wilkow.  Although i always believed Beck's show was a bit juvenile and his crying was so absolutely fake, I thought Beck was alright giving Wilkow a shot on the Blaze.  

The day he got rid of Wilkow, i stopped listening for good.  For whatever reason, i tolerated the weeping and constant proselytizing but i havent listened to him since.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:04:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
He is the Lonesome Rhodes of our time.
View Quote

I was thinking more P.T. Barnum myself.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too!

Um, I seem to recall someone calling my a democrat troll several times because of my disdain for Beck.

I and I ALONE, am the ORIGINAL Glenn Beck hater.

Search your feelings...You know it to be true!
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:07:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Check your sources.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Check your sources.

LOL. It's not surprising at all. Please don't tell us you're a true believer, are you?

Quoted:
Quoted:
Something's fucky.

I don't understand how a guy who can rally the TEA party to such success (not alone, but he played a big part) can flip a switch and try to get back on CNN's dick.

It's easy to understand. He doesn't have any core beliefs. He says whatever the audience wants to hear.

Easier answer: Beck is fucking insane. Crazier than a shithouse rat. Total batshit, 3-cat crazy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Um, I seem to recall someone calling my a democrat troll several times because of my disdain for Beck.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too!

I don't recall calling anyone a dem troll, but I will say this in my defense: back before about 6 months ago, I would have questioned why you (and Chris) would say such things because until then, Beck had given me no reason to believe he was anything but sincere. And none of the haters from before then had provided me any real proof to back their hatred.

But if that was something I actually said,  I do apologize.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#40]

(Image courtesy of Info Wars)

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:21:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It's easy to understand. He doesn't have any core beliefs. He says whatever the audience wants to hear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Something's fucky.

I don't understand how a guy who can rally the TEA party to such success (not alone, but he played a big part) can flip a switch and try to get back on CNN's dick.

Looking at another Huffington?

Once he overcomes the stigmas of his past, the left will embrace him and he will make scads of money.
If I would have to guess, I would say 75% of the "conservative" tv and radio hosts out there are shills.

For the record, I used to like Glenn. Stopped listening to his schtick a few years ago.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:31:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
GLENN BECK RIPPED CONSERVATIVES WHILE TRYING TO GET CNN DEAL

Glenn Beck was bashing Americans opposed to illegal immigration, decrying partisan politics, and positioning himself toward the center just as he was reportedly trying to strike a deal to get his programming on CNN.
View Quote

While he was reportedly negotiating to partner with CNN, Beck tried to get the mainstream media to love him at the expense of conservatives. Beck, who reportedly has a net worth of nearly $100 million, claimed that he has "never taken a position more deadly to my career than this" and suggested that giving illegal immigrants soccer balls was "more right" than calling out the kind of radical Islam that leads to the beheading of Americans.
Beck also suggested that those opposed to giving soccer balls to illegal immigrant juveniles – nearly 90% of whom, according to Pew Research, are teenagers – were "pusses." He even said that conservatives and citizens should not worry about the illegal immigrant gangsters – many of whom have raped and murdered Americans – who are coming across the border.
View Quote

More at link.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2014/08/25/Glenn-Beck-Ripped-Conservatives-While-Trying-to-Get-CNN-Deal

FGB
View Quote

this article is complete bullshit. He never called anyone opposed to handing out soccer balls pussies.
every single day he is warning that the greatest dangers we face are the jihadists and the illegal alien gangsters

its amazing how you people still fall for media disinformation after seeing all the lies about pigshit Michael brown and pigshit traygone
the media has one goal: destroy the opposition with lies and deceit and all you suckers not only fell for it, but are sitting around clapping yourselves on the back and having a circle jerk with each other for believing it

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:35:29 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Stelter suggested that Beck was responsible for inflaming much of the polarization he now decries during his mainstream media appearances and told him that many Americans remember Beck for "saying on [Fox News] that President Obama is a racist." Beck said he regretted making the comment and replied, "we all live and learn."

Oh I see  Stelter is a butt hurt Obama guy. Makes sense now.
View Quote
This.

You have Stelter and lee reporting on Beck from another story by Nolte.

The article is confusing.

Soros people are at it again, and the Glenn haters/Soros trolls here are eating it up.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:39:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

If that's the case he certainly has poor timing.  Right about now is not the time to be moving towards leftist viewers as far as audience size goes, growth is on the right in the near term.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:16:52 AM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:28:19 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

It's a crying shame.

View Quote

I see what you did there.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:16:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

this article is complete bullshit. He never called anyone opposed to handing out soccer balls pussies.
every single day he is warning that the greatest dangers we face are the jihadists and the illegal alien gangsters

its amazing how you people still fall for media disinformation after seeing all the lies about pigshit Michael brown and pigshit traygone
the media has one goal: destroy the opposition with lies and deceit and all you suckers not only fell for it, but are sitting around clapping yourselves on the back and having a circle jerk with each other for believing it

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GLENN BECK RIPPED CONSERVATIVES WHILE TRYING TO GET CNN DEAL

Glenn Beck was bashing Americans opposed to illegal immigration, decrying partisan politics, and positioning himself toward the center just as he was reportedly trying to strike a deal to get his programming on CNN.

While he was reportedly negotiating to partner with CNN, Beck tried to get the mainstream media to love him at the expense of conservatives. Beck, who reportedly has a net worth of nearly $100 million, claimed that he has "never taken a position more deadly to my career than this" and suggested that giving illegal immigrants soccer balls was "more right" than calling out the kind of radical Islam that leads to the beheading of Americans.
Beck also suggested that those opposed to giving soccer balls to illegal immigrant juveniles – nearly 90% of whom, according to Pew Research, are teenagers – were "pusses." He even said that conservatives and citizens should not worry about the illegal immigrant gangsters – many of whom have raped and murdered Americans – who are coming across the border.

More at link.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2014/08/25/Glenn-Beck-Ripped-Conservatives-While-Trying-to-Get-CNN-Deal

FGB

They believe it because they want to believe it. They want to believe because they are still pissed about him not supporting their demigod.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:22:29 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Is he crying again
View Quote

In before him crying, again.

eta:

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:35:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. I actually listen to Glenn. So, I ain't buying the hit job. The Left knows he is a threat so they are going for character assassination. GD is gobbling it up, most likely while muttering something about sheep.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:40:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Ha. Glenn is full of shit!?  Tell me it's not true!

Latest indicator, before the article on his "negotiations" with CNN was his presence on CNN money under the most popular video section.  There was some video Glenn and why the economy was in imminent danger of collapse.  I didn't bother to watch the circus clown but did wonder if he was able to wicker in some info on Goldline.

Edit: just checked and there are 4 videos from Glenny on CNN money....not just the one as I had thought.  He's a ball guzzler.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top