Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/26/2014 7:11:31 AM EDT
GLENN BECK RIPPED CONSERVATIVES WHILE TRYING TO GET CNN DEAL

Glenn Beck was bashing Americans opposed to illegal immigration, decrying partisan politics, and positioning himself toward the center just as he was reportedly trying to strike a deal to get his programming on CNN.
View Quote

While he was reportedly negotiating to partner with CNN, Beck tried to get the mainstream media to love him at the expense of conservatives. Beck, who reportedly has a net worth of nearly $100 million, claimed that he has "never taken a position more deadly to my career than this" and suggested that giving illegal immigrants soccer balls was "more right" than calling out the kind of radical Islam that leads to the beheading of Americans.
Beck also suggested that those opposed to giving soccer balls to illegal immigrant juveniles – nearly 90% of whom, according to Pew Research, are teenagers – were "pusses." He even said that conservatives and citizens should not worry about the illegal immigrant gangsters – many of whom have raped and murdered Americans – who are coming across the border.
View Quote

More at link.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2014/08/25/Glenn-Beck-Ripped-Conservatives-While-Trying-to-Get-CNN-Deal

FGB
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:18:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Beck actually called Conservatives" pusses" ? doesn't sound right might be a B.S. Hit piece OP

Check your sources.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:21:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Glen Beck, man of no convictions morals, backbone, or intelligence .

FIFY

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:22:04 AM EDT
[#3]
It's a crying shame.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:22:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow, if his motives for that stunt were to move to the middle and alienate Conservatives (kissing the left's ass) to gain a show on CNN of all places.

That's Chicago-style politics low.

I am done with him.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:25:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Not taking sides one way or the other here... but do any of you remember that Beck used to be with CNN, before he moved to Fox, before he left Fox?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:25:46 AM EDT
[#6]
He's up to something.  Wilkow leaving The Blaze was a clue to me.  The be nice to the illegals shtick was another.  

I wonder if subscription numbers to The Blaze are plateauing or started to decrease and he is looking to sell off while his Company still has value.

Edited- grammar
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:26:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Remember, he's a businessman.  His business is saying whatever he thinks will make him the most money.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:28:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Stelter suggested that Beck was responsible for inflaming much of the polarization he now decries during his mainstream media appearances and told him that many Americans remember Beck for "saying on [Fox News] that President Obama is a racist." Beck said he regretted making the comment and replied, "we all live and learn."

Oh I see  Stelter is a butt hurt Obama guy. Makes sense now.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:28:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Is he crying again
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:29:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I just want to remind everyone, I didn't like Beck before it was cool not to like Beck.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:29:09 AM EDT
[#11]
If he had an sinister plan such as land the CNN deal and go ultra conservative/libertarian I'm ok with his past antics
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:30:24 AM EDT
[#12]
"Glenn Beck like you have never heard him! You won't believe what he has to say about conservatives!"

For those who are doubting, you do realize that CNN is also running this story. Right?

Glenn Beck Sought Out CNN Slot

Beck is a disgusting shill and media whore with nothing on his mind but making a buck. He has never been about any convictions and those who listened to him (myself included for a very short time) were all duped. He's just an entertainer, running his mealy little mouth, saying whatever gets him paid the most.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:30:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just want to remind everyone, I didn't like Beck before it was cool not to like Beck.

View Quote

Ha, my dad called him a liberal plant form the first time we heard him.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:31:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
"Glenn Beck like you have never heard him! You won't believe what he has to say about conservatives!"

For those who are doubting, you do realize that CNN is also running this story. Right?

Beck is a disgusting shill and media whore with nothing on his mind but making a buck. He has never been about any convictions and those who listened to him (myself included for a very short time) were all duped. He's just an entertainer, running his mealy little mouth, saying whatever gets him paid the most.
View Quote

You hate rich folk?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:32:05 AM EDT
[#15]
He is the Lonesome Rhodes of our time.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:32:05 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

If he had an sinister plan such as land the CNN deal and go ultra conservative/libertarian I'm ok with his past antics
View Quote

Why would you be OK with a man who changes with the wind?

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:32:21 AM EDT
[#17]
FUCK Beck.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:33:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Is he crying again
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:34:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Wow, if his motives for that stunt were to move to the middle and alienate Conservatives (kissing the left's ass) to gain a show on CNN of all places.

That's Chicago-style politics low.

I am done with him.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:35:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Something's fucky.

I don't understand how a guy who can rally the TEA party to such success (not alone, but he played a big part) can flip a switch and try to get back on CNN's dick.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:36:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You hate rich folk?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You hate rich folk?

Not in the slightest. I'm extremely pro-capitalist and if he makes money whoring his lies to crowds of fools, good for him.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:36:07 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I don't understand how a guy who can rally the TEA party to such success (not alone, but he played a big part) can flip a switch and try to get back on CNN's dick.
View Quote

The thread title says it all.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:36:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It's a crying shame.

View Quote

what you did there. I see it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:37:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ah, I'm not so cool and freely admit I like the guy, even though I don't often listen to him anymore.

I found him a LOT more entertaining when he called morons who called his show "pinheads" and yelled "get off of my phone!" I think toning him down was a grievous error.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:37:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Something's fucky.

View Quote

He's trying to be the next  Murdoch.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:39:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Not in the slightest. I'm extremely pro-capitalist and if he makes money whoring his lies to crowds of fools, good for him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You hate rich folk?

Oh ok because you said he was disgusting and just trying to make a buck. Last time I checked we are all trying to make a buck.
Carry on.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:41:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Something's fucky.

Honestly, I think he's off the wagon.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:45:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Does this mean I can finally criticize him when he says something I disagree with, without being called a "Moby"?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:47:43 AM EDT
[#29]
O look I was right about him when all of you loved him.

Guy is still and always has been a douche.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:47:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Meh, it's a little over the top, even for Breitbart.

It seems to be taken out of context, from what I remember.  IIRC, Glenn was making a point about charity and a point about visiting the border.

Here is the quoted remark, written in a previous BB article, that they reference.

Beck half-jokingly said his co-host Stu was not man enough for skipping out on the trip. Stu said since he has a child under two years of age, doctors recommended that he not travel to the border because of the risk of contagious diseases.

Beck also suggested those who did not go to the border with him like Cruz were also "pusses."

"You know who is not a giant puss?" Beck asked, before answering, "Ted Cruz." He said Cruz called him on Thursday afternoon and said, "I'm coming."
View Quote

Not quite the same, is it?  Sounds like he was ribbing a coworker to me...

And just because he was talking to CNN about HLN, that has zero to do with anything.  Any of you would take it if you were in his position, plus there is no proof of him changing any views because he wants to be charitable to illegals.  Better him, a private charity, give money than our government, which was doing an absolutely horrible job, at the time.

But hey, let's not let that get in the way of the GB hate.  It flourishes in GD.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Back from when arfcom loved him.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:57:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would not really be changing with the wind if the whole intention of what he is/was doing was to land a contract and go back to the fox news/early CNN type stuff.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:57:27 AM EDT
[#33]
I'll admit at times I've really liked what I've seen him say; but at other times I didn't.  He seems to have a bi-polar personality to me.  Not that he's mentally ill, just that he goes on wild swings and when on these swings he's entirely different than when he swings the other way.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:00:51 AM EDT
[#34]
I've noticed he falls all over himself to praise CNN on his radio show. He lauds Wolf Blitzer as this outstanding example of journalism. Unfortunately I believe this story is true.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:03:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Watching his nut huggers is awesome.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:04:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Me too!
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:06:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Does this mean I can finally criticize him when he says something I disagree with, without being called a "Moby"?
View Quote

No,  moby
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:07:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Beck can go suck a herpes infected dong.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:09:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
He's up to something.  Wilkow leaving The Blaze was a clue to me.  The be nice to the illegals shtick was another.  

I wonder if subscription numbers to The Blaze are plateauing or started to decrease and he is looking to sell off while his Company still has value.

Edited- grammar
View Quote

To listen to Wilkow it sounded like he was as surprised as everyone else his show was cancelled.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:13:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Oh ok because you said he was disgusting and just trying to make a buck. Last time I checked we are all trying to make a buck.
Carry on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You hate rich folk?

Carry on.
Not even close.  You must have a crush on GB.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nope Beck and his ilk are what is called the 'controlled opposition'

"The best way to control the opposition is to lead it"  Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov aka Vladimir Ilyich Lenin
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:15:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Glenn Beck is  weather vane - moving to where is beneficial to him.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:15:59 AM EDT
[#43]

I agree with him more often than I don't.

It just gets old being called a liberal when I disagree with him, on occasion.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:17:41 AM EDT
[#44]

Yeah then when he got everybody riled up and ready to remove people from office he bitched out and pleaded with people to calm down and not be hasty.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:17:42 AM EDT
[#45]

For the record, I never loved him and I made it onto several people's ignore list for criticizing him.

I never liked, nor trusted that bastard.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:19:06 AM EDT
[#46]

A EULA should have been supplied with the tactical pitchfork.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:19:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Beck actually called Conservatives" pusses" ? doesn't sound right might be a B.S. Hit piece OP

Check your sources.
View Quote

This.

Not to mention 1) Beck hasn't been on CNN since late 2008 when Murdoch accelerated his departure. 2) Beck is very open about his evolving positions and his faith based reasons & pivot points for changes 3) Beck tries to live his principles (and all of us fall short of our own stated principles) for example he dropped GM as a sponsor over the bailout, he moved to Texas to get out of the soul polluting Manhattan, he started his own media group with his own money to ensure he could say what he thinks without management stifling him...now that he is nearly broke it makes sense that he'd seek out a partnership with a MSM outlet.

I like Glenn Beck.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:23:21 AM EDT
[#48]
I actually liked watching Wilkow.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:24:43 AM EDT
[#49]
In the last interview I saw featuring Beck (on CNN, IRC), he said that he "admired" Bernie Sanders.

Fuck that emotional twatface.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:26:57 AM EDT
[#50]
I don't know why anyone takes this guy seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJkxBLgd5Hs
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top