Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 101
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:44:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's a place to live, not a sports car.  And the Dodge Sprinters were built to Mercedes specs, b/c, well, @ the time they were owned by ze Jermans, til they were sold to the Italians.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Oh. Well Dodge has always been just a little "meh" IMHO (except for the original Power Wagon), but I suppose it's better than a euro car.

It's a place to live, not a sports car.  And the Dodge Sprinters were built to Mercedes specs, b/c, well, @ the time they were owned by ze Jermans, til they were sold to the Italians.

And here I was thinking I wouldn't learn anything new today...

I just discovered that my old roommate in Jacksonville still has my old room vacant. That would, by far, be the best available option right now- if I split rent with him for his house then I would be paying less than 1/3 of what I pay for a tiny room with a curtain for a door up here. I'll just have to see if I can clear it with work. I think they were meaning something more like having me move to VA or MD. Florida may be too far.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:27:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Heh. Back to work today. First thing my co-worker says to me...

"Dude, your shift fucking sucks!"

He was the on-call guy here, which meant all the shit that normally breaks on my shift that I get called for, he got paged for instead...he didn't realize how much random shit goes wrong on my shift
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:32:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

He was the on-call guy here, which meant all the shit that normally breaks on my shift that I get called for, he got paged for instead...he didn't realize how much random shit goes wrong on my shift
View Quote

Your avatar is all diferenty.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:56:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ugggggggghhhh...........

I'm so miserable and I don't know what to do. DC is slowly destroying me and I am very sure that I will soon die.

As of now, I am allowed to move away (my residency here was previously a term of employment)... But I am now caught in the catch-22 of being permitted to move somewhere more affordable, while simultaneously not making enough money to afford moving anywhere (because it's so fucking expensive here- I actually earn a relatively sizable salary). This city is a dirty, vicious cycle of pain and misery. It is bad and everyone who lives here should feel bad.

I'm currently considering my two best options: Giving up all of my titles, incomes, & material possessions and building myself a mud hut to live in somewhere in Rock Creek Park... Or, alternatively, I could ????

View Quote

Ah, old times...
I remember the days when I was trying to find a parkinglot to live in.  

I actually kind of needed that as I'm having a mopey day over not wanting to spend 430$ on my truck and worrying about maybe getting sick again in the next couple weeks; but I have 430$, and a bed to sleep in.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:57:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

People never remember these things, you should make him write this down so you can send it back to you when he starts complaining about how bad his day is again.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:10:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I've been pondering randomizing it, just to annoy people
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:51:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Y'all have a good night.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:51:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Y'all have a good night.
View Quote

Good night.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:56:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Morning.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:58:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Morning.
View Quote

Hi. How are you?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:59:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Hi. How are you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Morning.

Hi. How are you?

Tired.  Yesterday was a long day that is continuing on through this morning.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:06:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Morning.

Hi. How are you?

Second that
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:57:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Why hello.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:23:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ah, old times...

I actually kind of needed that as I'm having a mopey day over not wanting to spend 430$ on my truck and worrying about maybe getting sick again in the next couple weeks; but I have 430$, and a bed to sleep in.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ugggggggghhhh...........

I'm so miserable and I don't know what to do. DC is slowly destroying me and I am very sure that I will soon die.

As of now, I am allowed to move away (my residency here was previously a term of employment)... But I am now caught in the catch-22 of being permitted to move somewhere more affordable, while simultaneously not making enough money to afford moving anywhere (because it's so fucking expensive here- I actually earn a relatively sizable salary). This city is a dirty, vicious cycle of pain and misery. It is bad and everyone who lives here should feel bad.

I'm currently considering my two best options: Giving up all of my titles, incomes, & material possessions and building myself a mud hut to live in somewhere in Rock Creek Park... Or, alternatively, I could ????

Ah, old times...

I'm glad I could be of service to you.

Well, now it's time to get up and go do it all over again. Talk to y'all tonight.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:08:39 PM EDT
[#15]
843 Days to go

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:46:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Hola.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:44:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hola.
View Quote

843 days to go

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:04:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Yawn. Another day in paradise.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:07:36 AM EDT
[#19]
I just woke up at my desk. No idea how long I've been asleep, but I really hope it's Friday now.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:17:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I just woke up at my desk. No idea how long I've been asleep, but I really hope it's Friday now.
View Quote

Sadly, it isn't
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:28:41 AM EDT
[#21]
I cut up a sheep brain today.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:32:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Yay, we have Ebola in Dallas.  Sure glad the cdc says it's nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:34:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yay, we have Ebola in Dallas.  Sure glad the cdc says it's nothing to worry about.
View Quote

Article?

And damn.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:39:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Article?

And damn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Article?

And damn.

There's a thread about it. I'm moderately concerned.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:43:13 AM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:02:33 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote
You're dressed again! yay.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:12:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Meh, it's not like it's contagious or fatal or anything like that.

Oh, wait.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:23:29 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm in Fort Worth, and my folks live in Dallas, and I'm not concerned what so ever.  The poor schlub is in quarantine in Presbyterian Hospital, not roaming the streets vomiting on people.  If we know WHERE the patients are, there's no concern.  It's the fella that visits Africa, gets exposed to Ebola, comes back from his safari and goes back to his McDonald's kitchen gig that would be a concern.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:34:42 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Article?

And damn.

Dont be.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:42:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:  I cut up a sheep brain today.  
View Quote

Were you making lunch?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:45:07 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

Get your car fixed?

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:48:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Get your car fixed?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get your car fixed?

Apparently so - she sacrificed a sheep to fix her alternator.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:49:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm in Fort Worth, and my folks live in Dallas, and I'm not concerned what so ever.  The poor schlub is in quarantine in Presbyterian Hospital, not roaming the streets vomiting on people.  If we know WHERE the patients are, there's no concern.  It's the fella that visits Africa, gets exposed to Ebola, comes back from his safari and goes back to his McDonald's kitchen gig that would be a concern.
View Quote

You mean like when the guy went to the hospital on the 26th with the first symptoms and was sent home with antibiotics and then had to be carried back in an abulance on the 28th? Who the hell did he interact with in those 2 days.

Yeah, I'm a little worried.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:56:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Dont be.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Article?

And damn.

Dont be.

It's no big deal. I mostly just look for reasons to panic, it livens my day up a little.

That, and there's always that .00000000000013% chance that there will be Ebola Zombies.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:08:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You mean like when the guy went to the hospital on the 26th with the first symptoms and was sent home with antibiotics and then had to be carried back in an abulance on the 28th? Who the hell did he interact with in those 2 days.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I'm in Fort Worth, and my folks live in Dallas, and I'm not concerned what so ever.  The poor schlub is in quarantine in Presbyterian Hospital, not roaming the streets vomiting on people.  If we know WHERE the patients are, there's no concern.  It's the fella that visits Africa, gets exposed to Ebola, comes back from his safari and goes back to his McDonald's kitchen gig that would be a concern.

Clients?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:39:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Were you making lunch?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I cut up a sheep brain today.  

Were you making lunch?

Nah.  I'd already eaten.  

Just played with it and threw it out.  Like a cat.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:40:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Get your car fixed?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get your car fixed?

No, haven't had a chance to get prices from other places.  Someone recommended a shop in my thread so I'll give them a call sometime in the next few days.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:42:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No, haven't had a chance to get prices from other places.  Someone recommended a shop in my thread so I'll give them a call sometime in the next few days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get your car fixed?

What's wrong with your car?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:44:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get your car fixed?

Alternator is going out.

The guy said that is why my battery died on me Saturday.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:46:58 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Clients?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:  I'm in Fort Worth, and my folks live in Dallas, and I'm not concerned what so ever.  The poor schlub is in quarantine in Presbyterian Hospital, not roaming the streets vomiting on people.  If we know WHERE the patients are, there's no concern.  It's the fella that visits Africa, gets exposed to Ebola, comes back from his safari and goes back to his McDonald's kitchen gig that would be a concern.

Clients?
Unless his clients were drinking his blood should be ok.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:48:02 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get your car fixed?

If i was in the area id change it for you but thats a bit of a commute.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:51:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get your car fixed?

Supposedly it is a hard job to do.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:52:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Supposedly it is a hard job to do.
View Quote

-She
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:55:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:  Supposedly it is a hard job to do.
View Quote

Changing an alternator?  2 bolts, a belt, and an electrical plug.  People change alternators all the time in the parking lots of auto parts stores.  That's why you can carry one into the auto parts store, and they have a bracket they mount it on, with a belt, and they test it and tell you if its working right or not.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:58:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Changing an alternator?  2 bolts, a belt, and an electrical plug.  People change alternators all the time in the parking lots of auto parts stores.  That's why you can carry one into the auto parts store, and they have a bracket they mount it on, with a belt, and they test it and tell you if its working right or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Dunno
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:01:44 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Dunno
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dunno
If you weren't such a long drive i'd do it for nothing. I've changed an alternator or two in a parking lot.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:05:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Dunno
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dunno

That Escape v6 is a severe pain in the ass alternator job. If Im not mistaken, you have to pull the pass. side CV axle assy...

HOLY fucksticks...    Ford put the alternator at the bottom of the engine????  
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:05:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Alternator is going out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get your car fixed?

Alternator is going out.

If you were here I would do it for free and not because you're a woman.  I work on my buddy's cars and don't charge.  I did one guy's AC compressor, accumulator, and expansion valve in April.  I've done heater cores,  struts,  brakes,  etc for friends. If I can help them save money,  I'm all for it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:06:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Dunno
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dunno

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:09:24 AM EDT
[#50]

That's worse than working on a Humvee.    Sorry, TechGal.  Y'all have a good night.
Page / 101
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top