Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:42:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I could see a certain missing airliner become suddenly not missing and blown apart about 1000' AGL after breaking off an "approach" to O'Hare, replete with a bunch of U235/238 from Iran in the hold.

Call it a conspiracy theory, but a B777 doesn't just go missing without a trace. It's in Pakistan somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:44:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Threat or not, I'm taking an extra amount of weapons with me on 9/11 like I do every year. 3 handguns on me, 2 rifles and a shotgun in the truck.

Can't be too prepared for a date when you know some groups want to one up the last guys.
View Quote

So what do you plan to use your small arms on/for? The "last guys" used airliners, which would have required SAMs to bring down. If they're going for a big target, there's nothing the average Joe can do to stop it. The cowards hit soft targets on purpose.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That's pretty much the only way the Browns will make the playoffs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thursday Night Football?

ETA:
Pittsburgh Steelers travel to face the Baltimore Ravens.

Nice

Go Steelers
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:55:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I could see a certain missing airliner become suddenly not missing and blown apart about 1000' AGL after breaking off an "approach" to O'Hare, replete with a bunch of U235/238 from Iran in the hold.

Call it a conspiracy theory, but a B777 doesn't just go missing without a trace. It's in Pakistan somewhere.
View Quote

That's a little too tinfoily for me...

You're not going to fly an airliner anywhere with no transponder across about twenty different countries airspace. FIghters would get involved out over the ocean somewhere and that thing would get splashed long before it even got close.

And probably not by Americans. Everyone else would be all, "WTF is an airliner screaming with radiation doing flying over our country!?!"
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:02:32 PM EDT
[#5]
The nation's capital or wall street. shitcanning chitcago would be bad, but if they're going to bring it, it's either going to be to our front door or our financial markets.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:08:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Bush's fault.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doesn't matter where they hit; there will be Hell to pay for this administration... But then again, Odumbo will be too busy at the links to care.

Bush's fault.

There are assholes here who would actually agree with that.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hook, line, and sinker.  

Beat that war drum.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:25:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The safest place to be will be in a mosque in Dearborn.
View Quote

Until a few hours after an attack when the citizenry starts focusing their rage.

Mosques were vandalized in 2001. It'd be a free for all if it happened again.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:43:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What do they have to gain by launching an attack on the US?  They would unify the American people and we would go back over there.  Right now they should be more focused on consolidating their gains and expanding into weakly governed areas.
View Quote

Unify?   After the last six years the last thing I would trust are progressive-liberals.  They would stab us in the back as they are doing now.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:45:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Well they have SAMs now so....
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#11]
They won't be coming to Arizona, that's for sure.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm surprised they haven't beheaded someone on video in NYC or DC, something like that.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:21:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Just got this feeling that we are to see another one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I honestly do find it amazing that there have been no successful terrorist attacks (in the traditional sense) carried out since 9/11.

Just got this feeling that we are to see another one.

Oh no doubt we will eventually. This 9/11? I doubt it,but you never know.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:24:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I absolutely agree that keeping a very close eye on them, and playing whack-a-mole with them using drones and air strikes is a great approach when prefer they stick either heads up, is a great idea.

That said, their immediate goals are very much IN Syria and in Iraq, and they have a much greater interest in trying to establish their "Caliphate" in actual territory in the M.E. than they do in taking some pot-shot at the US ... Especially since they KNOW it would force the U.S. hand, and they saw what happened to Afghanistan part 9/11

They'll talk the tough anti-US rhetoric, but right now (and for the next several years), they have ZERO interest in an actual confrontation with the US.  Sort of like Iran.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same place they hit last year in the US.

Nowhere.  

You know they've been around since 2003, right?  They used to be called "Al Qaeda in Iraq" and eventually morphed into ISIS/ISIL.  

If they were able to hit the US (or really wanted to), they would probably have done it at some point in the last decade.

Sure, but apparently they now control about $2B in assets and have about a $2M per day income in oil and fuel sales from refineries they control (which why those wells and refineries aren't smoldering ruins right now is beyond me).

So, essentially al Qaeda with more money and resources.  I don't advocate panic, but some concern would seem to be in order.

I absolutely agree that keeping a very close eye on them, and playing whack-a-mole with them using drones and air strikes is a great approach when prefer they stick either heads up, is a great idea.

That said, their immediate goals are very much IN Syria and in Iraq, and they have a much greater interest in trying to establish their "Caliphate" in actual territory in the M.E. than they do in taking some pot-shot at the US ... Especially since they KNOW it would force the U.S. hand, and they saw what happened to Afghanistan part 9/11

They'll talk the tough anti-US rhetoric, but right now (and for the next several years), they have ZERO interest in an actual confrontation with the US.  Sort of like Iran.  

This is pretty much my thoughts.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:56:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Another interesting question:

Will the administration raise the threat level?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:02:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Another interesting question:

Will the administration raise the threat level?
View Quote

Do we still do this?
I cant even remember the last time it was done.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:12:46 AM EDT
[#17]
My vote is Austin. Very easy to blend in.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:38:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Nairobe style mall attack at Christmas probably gives them boners.
View Quote

That's what I see them going after.... large public gatherings where the majority are unarmed. A squad or two or armed terrorists hit a major shopping mall in CT, NY, NJ, DC, LA, or MD. Shit will be bad.

Or worse a couple of coordinated strikes by armed terrorists across the country at elementary schools.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:41:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Las Vegas.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:44:57 AM EDT
[#20]
We should plan a party for IS. Take it to them.

Starting at midnight on 9/11 begin a 24 hour bombing campaign across Iraq, Syria and any other identified stronghold.

If anything happens in our nation instigated by them, refuel, rearm and give them another 24 hours worth of sorties.

Who wouldn't like that kind of party with huge explosions & night time illuminations!? MOAB's at midnight anyone?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:50:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Well, I think we can eliminate Wamsutter Wyoming as a possible target.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:57:27 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thursday Night Football?

ETA:

Pittsburgh Steelers travel to face the Baltimore Ravens.

Every dark cloud has a silver lining, does it not?

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:12:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So far as I can tell, AQ and similar organizations have never stopped instructing true believers to either form up or go rogue and take the fight to the U.S. homeland in piecemeal fashion, telegrpahing the message through publications such as Inspire and the like.  Considering the natural factionalism of movements like the IS and the potential for diversion of funding and material support by motivated members, I can't see how attacks within the U.S. wouldn't be a concern.
View Quote

...Pretty much from here on out, I'd wager. The cat's out of the bag ever since 9/11/01, that we can be hit here at "home" and be counted on to react in a huge way.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:12:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Threat or not, I'm taking an extra amount of weapons with me on 9/11 like I do every year. 3 handguns on me, 2 rifles and a shotgun in the truck.

Can't be too prepared for a date when you know some groups want to one up the last guys.
View Quote

Keep the corn safe
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:17:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That's what I see them going after.... large public gatherings where the majority are unarmed. A squad or two or armed terrorists hit a major shopping mall in CT, NY, NJ, DC, LA, or MD. Shit will be bad.

Or worse a couple of coordinated strikes by armed terrorists across the country at elementary schools.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Mall of America on Black Friday has enough people in it to make the mall alone the fourth or fifth largest city in Minnesota. Right around the population of St. Cloud.

Imagine nearly 60k people packed into there and a few guys start shooting near the big exits.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:11:23 AM EDT
[#26]
ISIS are attention whores.  I'm sure they've thought of all these and want to make a splash.  If they do, we better have a full out invasion and kill every man, woman, child and goat in ISIS territory.  WW2 wasn't won by avoiding civilian casualties.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm not so sure they are quite the threat they are made out to be. What is it that they really want. Sure they would love to take over the world, fly their flag over the White House, and all of that. I don't think that is their actual current goal. What they are always talking about is "an Islamic State" aka a country where their brand of religion is the law, not like those secular Saudis . I don't see how that goal is furthered by attacking the US in a way big enough to get a real full on response from the US military.

N. Korea, Iran, Venezuela and others are constantly sabre rattling and engaging in provocative actions (including murder for N. Korea). That doesn't mean they are actually intent on going to war. I think IS wants their own sand box to control and their hatred of us is secondary. They will happily encourage people inside the US they have won over to their ideology to carry out things like the Boston bombing, but I don't think they will expend a lot of their own resources to make it happen. They are certainly a threat but I'm not sure they are really as intent on major attacks inside the US as they claim.

I could be wrong though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:39:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm not so sure they are quite the threat they are made out to be. What is it that they really want. Sure they would love to take over the world, fly their flag over the White House, and all of that. I don't think that is their actual current goal. What they are always talking about is "an Islamic State" aka a country where their brand of religion is the law, not like those secular Saudis . I don't see how that goal is furthered by attacking the US in a way big enough to get a real full on response from the US military.

N. Korea, Iran, Venezuela and others are constantly sabre rattling and engaging in provocative actions (including murder for N. Korea). That doesn't mean they are actually intent on going to war. I think IS wants their own sand box to control and their hatred of us is secondary. They will happily encourage people inside the US they have won over to their ideology to carry out things like the Boston bombing, but I don't think they will expend a lot of their own resources to make it happen. They are certainly a threat but I'm not sure they are really as intent on major attacks inside the US as they claim.

I could be wrong though.
View Quote

With N Korea, Iran, Venezuela and others we are dealing with people who, for the most part, don't want to die.

With ISIS and other similar groups, dying is their duty.

So yeah, let's ignore them.

9/11 sure as hell didn't further their goals although they really didn't expect us to hit back like we did due to the lack of response by Clinton to previous attacks.

Now, they know there is a pussy in the WH, it emboldens them just like it did with Clinton.  They don't think we will hit back and this time they stand a good chance of being correct with a pussy, a Muslim, or at least a Muslim sympathizer there.

You are describing them as rational people who just want their own country and they are nothing of the sort.

So, nah, let's don't take them seriously.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I honestly do find it amazing that there have been no successful terrorist attacks (in the traditional sense) carried out since 9/11.
View Quote
Me too.  I can't believe there hasnt been a mall attack.  Super simple, cheap, devastating.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Me too.  I can't believe there hasnt been a mall attack.  Super simple, cheap, devastating.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe there's something to this NSA thing after all.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

IED's in cars in crowded areas - shopping malls, schools, sporting events - places like that.

This month's Jihadist rag had an article showing how to make them using propane bottles and encouraging the Jihadist to use them.
View Quote
Luckily, this stuff is online and available to analyze.  The old days of passing notes gave the goat fuckers an advantage. The dumbasses are tweeting, now, like THAT can't be tracked .

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

There's been some talk on a local forum that.Chicago.is.a.target. I also work near O'Hare. Chicago's a.huge transportation.hub with all the railroads connecting.here. That would would have the effect of really messing with the economy.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote
Not to mention all the trucks that go through that area.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's been some talk on a local forum that.Chicago.is.a.target. I also work near O'Hare. Chicago's a.huge transportation.hub with all the railroads connecting.here. That would would have the effect of really messing with the economy.

to say nothing of the major trunk lines and switching station for ATT, the water purification system that handles the counties of Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, Will.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:26:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#36]
If I were a betting man, I'd place money on a chem weapon attack in either NYC or LA.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:34:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
ISIS are attention whores.  I'm sure they've thought of all these and want to make a splash.  If they do, we better have a full out invasion and kill every man, woman, child and goat in ISIS territory.  WW2 wasn't won by avoiding civilian casualties.
View Quote

No, we need a full on week and destroy invasion BEFORE it happens again.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:34:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NSA can listen in to my boring calls all they want if it stops attacks.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Just looked up the house I grew up in because it isn't far from there. It's in brightmore, off outer drive south of 5 mile and lasher

pieces of furniture just abandoned on the street, house was still there, grandparent's house down the street gone. Our house was still there but boarded up

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's been some talk on a local forum that.Chicago.is.a.target.

Why cant they pick on somewhere I don't live near, like Detroit...........my mistake, my bad.

Because "don't shit where you eat"
https://www.google.com/maps/preview?q=dearborn+to+detroit&ie=UTF-8&ei=Evv7U968CdD2yQSt-IH4CA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&source=newuser-ws

Edit because I forgot to quote
Just looked up the house I grew up in because it isn't far from there. It's in brightmore, off outer drive south of 5 mile and lasher

pieces of furniture just abandoned on the street, house was still there, grandparent's house down the street gone. Our house was still there but boarded up

I also grew up in Brightmoor. I went to Gompers elementary and Harding Middle School.
I grew up there in the 1970's.
I was on the other side of 96 on Chapel and West Davison.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:40:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Let's be "unconventional" and attack them on 9/11.   Make it big, loud, with lots of death and destruction.   Fun for the whole jihadist family.

View Quote

I can support this.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#42]
I think if they hit us here at home it will be in a bunch of places at one time. Malls or sporting events, places like that.

Any place with large groups of people.

I also think it will be on a christen holiday like Christmas or Easter.

I would not want to be a muslim in this country if we are attacked in this country again.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

With N Korea, Iran, Venezuela and others we are dealing with people who, for the most part, don't want to die.

9/11 sure as hell didn't further their goals although they really didn't expect us to hit back like we did due to the lack of response by Clinton to previous attacks.

Now, they know there is a pussy in the WH, it emboldens them just like it did with Clinton.  They don't think we will hit back and this time they stand a good chance of being correct with a pussy, a Muslim, or at least a Muslim sympathizer there.

You are describing them as rational people who just want their own country and they are nothing of the sort.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could be wrong though.

I'm definitely not suggesting that we shouldn't take them seriously. They are bloodthirsty violent people who hate us. I'm just suggesting that we may be blowing the threat out of proportion when we have more immediate problems. I'm way more likely to be killed by a "dreamer" that the Obama regime invited into the country then a member of IS. That's a fact.

N. Korea and Iran are not usually described as rational actors. In the case of Iran they actually are as attracted to death as IS or AQ. They have demonstrated this in spades, particularly in the Iran vs. Iraq war. AQ's attacks on 9-11 did accomplish a lot of their goals from what I have read. They wanted us to invade and occupy Afghanistan knowing that the locals would fight us until we leave. They were guests in the country they weren't actually running it.

We should keep a very close eye on them an do what we can to speed up their downfall. It's important to remember that in modern warfare the mind is one of the primary battlefields. Both IS and the US government are trying to shape how people see the situation. Not everything either side is putting out is true. I think IS doesn't want the US intervening and preventing them from taking Iraq or holding the territory they have now. Convincing the American public that air strikes or any intervention will result in another 9-11 seems to be their plan. Just my impression of the situation.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:01:18 PM EDT
[#44]
The heartland. Multi pronged mini ISIS attacks. To show that the can hit anywhere, anytime. Panic and fear ensue.

Target dates: 9/11, Just before midterm elections or 2016 Presidentials, Black Friday, ETC
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The heartland. Multi pronged mini ISIS attacks. To show that the can hit anywhere, anytime. Panic and fear ensue.

Target dates: 9/11, Just before midterm elections or 2016 Presidentials, Black Friday, ETC
View Quote

You know what I'd do if there were a bunch of attacks all over the country?

Exactly what I do now.

Well, I might toss a couple of additional mags in my laptop bag.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:27:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Exactly what I do now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly what I do now.

Same here, but a majority of the sheep population rely on .gov to be the savior in dire circumstances. These people would be in full panic mode
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:30:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scary scary shit.  If something like that was to happen I'd start NUKING.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
They won't be coming to Arizona, that's for sure.
View Quote

Damn right they won't - Lucky for me, I am getting my 1.45" M4 setup put together and I will have the entire weekend from the 10th (my 40th birthday) to the 15th off; if anything goes down, I will have my gear ready.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:45:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I could see them moving into the heartland, with the mantra of: We can strike you anywhere........even in the heart of your evil, satanic country,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If they are after media attention, NYC is still the media capitol of the world. Freedom tower, Empire state building, statue of Liberty, bridges and tunnels aplenty, Radio city, Grand Central and the list goes on and on.

I could see them moving into the heartland, with the mantra of: We can strike you anywhere........even in the heart of your evil, satanic country,

I am kind of surprised those little shits haven't tried something like this already. Yes , NY and DC are big targets, but I agree with you. If you hit the heartland, that would demonstrate they could go anywhere in the USA. I hope we are incorrect though. I wonder how many of those fuckers are already here.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top