Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:29:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I absolutely agree that keeping a very close eye on them, and playing whack-a-mole with them using drones and air strikes is a great approach when prefer they stick either heads up, is a great idea.

That said, their immediate goals are very much IN Syria and in Iraq, and they have a much greater interest in trying to establish their "Caliphate" in actual territory in the M.E. than they do in taking some pot-shot at the US ... Especially since they KNOW it would force the U.S. hand, and they saw what happened to Afghanistan part 9/11

They'll talk the tough anti-US rhetoric, but right now (and for the next several years), they have ZERO interest in an actual confrontation with the US.  Sort of like Iran.  
View Quote

If ISIS has any sense, then yes I agree they will keep their little party to Syria and Northern Iraq.  If they make any sort of major strike against the U.S. then even Obama's hand will be forced and he'll have to make a substantial military response.

However, you do have to wonder to what extent you can depend on madmen exercising good sense.

That's what I miss about the good ol' days of the Cold War.  No matter what evil bastards you thought the Soviets were, at least you were pretty sure they didn't really want to start WWIII.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:33:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:43:03 PM EDT
[#3]
They are in bed together so I have my doubts they would strike here in an election year that is critical for their buddy.

On the other hand, their "buddy" might have something special like a EO or similar to get "emergency powers".

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#4]
They will blow up a meth lab somewhere in West Virginia.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:31:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Doesn't matter where they hit; there will be Hell to pay for this administration... But then again, Odumbo will be too busy at the links to care.
View Quote

If by hell to pay you mean broad new authority and a blank check for houndreds of billions of dollars you may be on to something.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:47:38 PM EDT
[#6]
What do they have to gain by launching an attack on the US?  They would unify the American people and we would go back over there.  Right now they should be more focused on consolidating their gains and expanding into weakly governed areas.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:16:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If ISIS has any sense, then yes I agree they will keep their little party to Syria and Northern Iraq.  If they make any sort of major strike against the U.S. then even Obama's hand will be forced and he'll have to make a substantial military response.

However, you do have to wonder to what extent you can depend on madmen exercising good sense.

That's what I miss about the good ol' days of the Cold War.  No matter what evil bastards you thought the Soviets were, at least you were pretty sure they didn't really want to start WWIII.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I absolutely agree that keeping a very close eye on them, and playing whack-a-mole with them using drones and air strikes is a great approach when prefer they stick either heads up, is a great idea.

That said, their immediate goals are very much IN Syria and in Iraq, and they have a much greater interest in trying to establish their "Caliphate" in actual territory in the M.E. than they do in taking some pot-shot at the US ... Especially since they KNOW it would force the U.S. hand, and they saw what happened to Afghanistan part 9/11

They'll talk the tough anti-US rhetoric, but right now (and for the next several years), they have ZERO interest in an actual confrontation with the US.  Sort of like Iran.  

Yep, it seems caliphate crowd  seems to desire an apocalypse, gotta get that hidden asshole out of the well or some such thing.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:22:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nairobe style mall attack at Christmas probably gives them boners.
View Quote

Mall of 'AMERICA' - Bloomington, MN
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:26:16 AM EDT
[#9]
The safest place to be will be in a mosque in Dearborn.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:26:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Same place they hit last year in the US.

Nowhere.  

You know they've been around since 2003, right?  They used to be called "Al Qaeda in Iraq" and eventually morphed into ISIS/ISIL.  

If they were able to hit the US (or really wanted to), they would probably have done it at some point in the last decade.
View Quote

They've become a billion or so richer, and acquired a lot more lethal toys,  in the last year. That's plenty of "support" cash for their so called fun and games.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:30:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

This would be my guess, they clearly have plenty of willing participants with the correct passports to infiltrate in the open.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:30:55 AM EDT
[#12]
They will do nothing.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:30:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They've become a billion or so richer, and acquired a lot more lethal toys,  in the last year. That's plenty of "support" cash for their so called fun and games.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nowhere.  

You know they've been around since 2003, right?  They used to be called "Al Qaeda in Iraq" and eventually morphed into ISIS/ISIL.  

If they were able to hit the US (or really wanted to), they would probably have done it at some point in the last decade.

as with Al Queda, they seem to view the long picture..........just a gut feeling, but this feels like the year.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:30:57 AM EDT
[#14]
If they do no doubt a gun free zone.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:31:37 AM EDT
[#15]
I heard second hand from someone who has a kid working private security over there that ISIS is not a threat. They are small, and scattered.  This is a huge conflict on what is being force fed to us thru media coverage, so it doesnt suprise me that they are most definitly are being used as the newest excuse to fuel the political agenda, and what ever our representatives of our republic have planned.  I just hope that agenda doesnt involve a  9/11 part two.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:36:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:41:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Nowhere.  

View Quote

Past history tells us they like "dramatic" attacks that have the potential to kill hundreds if not thousands.
And it seems a lot of stuff was centered around using airlines.
Those type of attacks require a lot of resources and planning and are easier to thwart and very well could be the reason we don't see those happening regularly.
Its when and if they change their tactics to smaller scale operations like the mall shootings we witnessed in Nairobi Kenya that we need to be aware of. All that takes is 3-4 guys with some AK's or AR's.
Picture 100 guys over here operating in 4 man teams spread across the US.
Very easy to pull off. Impossible to stop if all the teams are operating independently.
That's what we need to be aware of.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:44:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Nairobe style mall attack at Christmas on Black Friday probably gives them boners.
View Quote

fify
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:45:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Threat or not, I'm taking an extra amount of weapons with me on 9/11 like I do every year. 3 handguns on me, 2 rifles and a shotgun in the truck.

Can't be too prepared for a date when you know some groups want to one up the last guys.
View Quote

I'll be out of town on vacation. I'll be loaded in more ways than one.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:48:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
There's been some talk on a local forum that.Chicago.is.a.target. I also work near O'Hare. Chicago's a.huge transportation.hub with all the railroads connecting.here. That would would have the effect of really messing with the economy.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Great...... Not only am I flying on 9/11, I have a connection in Shitcago(midway).
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:48:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Nowhere.  

View Quote

Sure, but they didn't have the money they now have. Right?

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:50:57 AM EDT
[#22]
golf course,of course
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:52:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Threat or not, I'm taking an extra amount of weapons with me on 9/11 like I do every year. 3 handguns on me, 2 rifles and a shotgun in the truck.

Can't be too prepared for a date when you know some groups want to one up the last guys.
View Quote

If your that worried about it you best not leave the house.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:52:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What do they have to gain by launching an attack on the US?  They would unify the American people and we would go back over there.  Right now they should be more focused on consolidating their gains and expanding into weakly governed areas.
View Quote

Striking the Great Satan in their homeland would be a huge morale booster and propaganda victory.
Their rapid success in Syria and Iraq has been a huge factor in boosting recruitment for them. Everyone likes a winner and there are hundreds of thousands of jihadi wannabes looking to belong to something to give them purpose in life.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:55:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:57:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Bush's fault.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doesn't matter where they hit; there will be Hell to pay for this administration... But then again, Odumbo will be too busy at the links to care.

Bush's fault.

Some libtard on "This Week" with George Snuffalufagus literally said that on aire!!!

Said ISIS was the direct result of the Bush Administration

I almost shot my T.V.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:58:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Some libtard on "This Week" with George Snuffalufagus literally said that on aire!!!

I almost shot my T.V.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bush's fault.

I almost shot my T.V.

I try never to have a firearm in easy reach while the news is on.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:00:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Great...... Not only am I flying on 9/11, I have a connection in Shitcago(midway).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's been some talk on a local forum that.Chicago.is.a.target. I also work near O'Hare. Chicago's a.huge transportation.hub with all the railroads connecting.here. That would would have the effect of really messing with the economy.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I'm flying into Midway on the 11th as well. There is a huge international manufacturing technology show, IMTS, at McCormick Place. Machinery and support equipment  gets shipped in there from all over the world for this show. I can see how it would be easy to mask some evil intentions among all that freight.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:01:02 AM EDT
[#29]

I don't know where ISIS will hit on 9/11, but I DO know where Obama will be...

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:02:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Agree with DK.  They're too busy trying to prove they can govern the territory they currently control, beheading apostates and fighting Assad, the Iraqi Army and the Kurds to invest much in attacking the US.

If you've seen many of the interviews with their guys, the leadership seems to be taking the long game view of this: establish a Caliphate first, then attack the infidels.  Yes they hate us and yes they want to kill Americans...but establishing a state is their #1 goal right now, and attacking the US doesn't help do that.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:03:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I honestly do find it amazing that there have been no successful terrorist attacks (in the traditional sense) carried out since 9/11.
View Quote

Large scale terrorist attacks, no; but there certainly have been successful Muslim terrorist attacks on American Soil since 9/11, two quick examples of which are Nidal Hasan's   2009 terror attack on Fort Hood and The Boston Marathon Bombings which definitely does qualify as a terrorist attack in the traditional sense.

Here's another traditional type of terroris attack on American Soil since 9/11 that is often forgotten because the car bomb was a dud; the Times Square Car Bombing which failed because the muslim terrorist, who had attended terrorist training camps in Pakistan, was thankfully too stupid to construct his bomb properly.

http://politicalscience.osu.edu/faculty/jmueller/34TMSQ7.pdf
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:05:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The panic surrounding Isis is all talk.
View Quote

I tend to agree. We are seeing mostly media buzz and political spin. While I do believe we will see more terrorist attacks on CONUS, when it does happen next it will be out of nowhere with no reported signals leading up to the attack. Of course afterwards, Capt Hindsight will swoop in and the media will be filled with "experts" who "knew" something was coming.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:18:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I tend to agree. We are seeing mostly media buzz and political spin. While I do believe we will see more terrorist attacks on CONUS, when it does happen next it will be out of nowhere with no reported signals leading up to the attack. Of course afterwards, Capt Hindsight will swoop in and the media will be filled with "experts" who "knew" something was coming.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The panic surrounding Isis is all talk.

This.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:19:42 AM EDT
[#34]
if they really want to hurt Obama's feelings they'll blow up golf courses around DC.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:22:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Those little assholes do seem to fixate on anniversaries.  We should be very watchful this 9/11.

If you're laying odds, you've got to go with NYC and DC, with longer odds on Chicago and Los Angeles.

View Quote

that's what i'm thinking.  striking the nations capital is probably their #1 goal.  however, it could be like 9/11/01 and there are multiple targets.  no telling where the plane that went down in PA was destined for.  they may want to hit Chicago, LA, NYC and DC.  who knows.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:26:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Just got this feeling that we are to see another one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I honestly do find it amazing that there have been no successful terrorist attacks (in the traditional sense) carried out since 9/11.

Just got this feeling that we are to see another one.

I don't want to see another terrorist attack here, but IF it's going to happen, please let it be during Obama's term.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:28:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought they'd do some shit like that here for a while. But honestly? You could launch a massive terrorist attack on US soil without even committing a felony.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:32:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I thought they'd do some shit like that here for a while. But honestly? You could launch a massive terrorist attack on US soil without even committing a felony.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

there is hope, they would never break the law, either federal or local. so I guess we're safe.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:33:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

fify
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nairobe style mall attack at Christmas on Black Friday probably gives them boners.

fify

Yeah, that'd be a terrorist's wet dream.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:35:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

there is hope, they would never break the law, either federal or local. so I guess we're safe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I meant that as in "You don't have to kill, or even hurt anybody in order to scare the shit out of people en masse."
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:41:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I meant that as in "You don't have to kill, or even hurt anybody in order to scare the shit out of people en masse."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll accept that, but these fuckers seem to enjoy the destruction....
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:51:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Radicalism is a mental disorder.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:59:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Well, if they are watching us with our posts I'll give them a good target. It is close to a large amount of crime including lots of drug dealing and killing between gangs, so if they are a little bit off it won't be a problem. The map of the place is located at http://www.chicagotraveler.com/attraction-maps/barack-obama-chicago-home-map.html.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:01:36 AM EDT
[#44]
9/11 is too well guarded.  They want impact and will pick other days
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:04:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Radicalism is a mental disorder.
View Quote
I prefer the term fundamentalism, it seems to fit them better.

fun·da·men·tal·ism

Definition of FUNDAMENTALISM
a often capitalized :  a movement in 20th century Protestantism emphasizing the literally interpreted Bible as fundamental to Christian life and teaching
b :  the beliefs of this movement
c :  adherence to such beliefs
:  a movement or attitude stressing strict and literal adherence to a set of basic principles <Islamic fundamentalism> <political fundamentalism>
— fun·da·men·tal·ist noun
— fundamentalist or fun·da·men·tal·is·tic Webster's on the web.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:07:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
9/11 is too well guarded.  They want impact and will pick other days
View Quote

yeah? the victims at Benghazi would differ. I'm sure that NYC is prepared, but I suspect towns like Chicago, Milwaukee, LA, Cincinnati, and others not so much.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:10:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Hitting Chicago, or Hawaii would serve as a personal bitch slap to our president.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:13:30 AM EDT
[#48]
No where in the US.  Too busy fighting for territory.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:17:29 AM EDT
[#49]
The way things are spooling up on the DOD side, they may not be around by year's end.  Or at least not in a position to reach outside their AO.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:19:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top