Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 8/22/2014 12:06:20 PM EDT
Just saw a snippet on Fox News where Senator Inhofe said that ISIS is preparing a method for destroying an American city.

Maybe that's what Hagel meant when he said they are unlike anything we have seen so far. Could they have a nuke? Maybe some major components that they captured in Syria?

WOW!

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#1]
If they do Shitcago, it better be on my day off....
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:09:41 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2731871/ISIS-rapidly-developing-method-blowing-major-US-city-senator-warns-Hagel-says-military-ready-action.html

"A U.S. senator warned on Thursday that ISIS, the militant terror group sweeping across Iraq, aims to destroy an American population center and is working on a plan to do it.

'They're crazy out there and they're rapidly developing a method of blowing up a major U.S. city and people just can't believe that's happening,' Republican Sen. Jim Inhofe told the Fox-25 television in Oklahoma City.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2731871/ISIS-rapidly-developing-method-blowing-major-US-city-senator-warns-Hagel-says-military-ready-action.html#ixzz3B9aR1Zgn

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook"
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:10:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Great.

Woe is Babylon...she is gone in one day and the whole world mourns for her.

Or something like that.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:10:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh no! Quick, pass the SUPER Patriot Act and keep us safe!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:11:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm predicting the next target is Wall Street.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:11:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Those Israelis are up to it again I see.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:11:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Ahh yes, innocent people would be killed.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:12:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Hagel:

'They're beyond just a terrorist group,' Hagel said. 'They marry ideology and a sophistication of strategic and tactical military prowess. They are tremendously well funded. ...This is beyond anything we've seen, so we must prepare for everything.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2731871/ISIS-rapidly-developing-method-blowing-major-US-city-senator-warns-Hagel-says-military-ready-action.html#ixzz3B9aiUsiI

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:12:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

While I would much rather go and kill them all, this is what is going to happen.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:12:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just saw a snippet on Fox News where Senator Inhofe said that ISIS is preparing a method for destroying an American city.

Maybe that's what aha gel meant when he said they are unlike anything we have seen so far. Could they have a nuke? Maybe some major components that they captured in Syria?

WOW!
View Quote

WOW!

WOW!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:12:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
ISIS is preparing a method for destroying an American city.
View Quote

They're going to get one of their darkest-skinned jihadis shot by a white cop somewhere?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:13:51 PM EDT
[#12]
But don't worry about the open border
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Prez told me this guys are JV.  Just cause a kid wears a Lakers jersey, doesn't make him Kobe Bryant.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:15:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
WOW!

WOW!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe that's what aha gel meant when he said they are unlike anything we have seen so far. Could they have a nuke? Maybe some major components that they captured in Syria?

WOW!

WOW!

WOW!!

You don't find it at all troubling that the day after the Secretary of a Defense says that ISIS is beyond anything we've ever seen before, a US Senator goes on TV and states that they're rapidly developing the means to destroy an American city?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:15:37 PM EDT
[#15]
DETROIT!

Oh wait...nevermind..
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Chiraq wouldn't bother me as long as my parents were far enough away from the epicenter so as to not be harmed.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:16:55 PM EDT
[#17]

If ISIS or anyone ever does something like that the retaliation would be monumental.
Only way is a nuke and I wouldn't want to be the rougue regime (Norks or Pakis)  that sold it to them.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:17:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Islam is at war with us.
We are not at war with Islam...

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:17:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck them
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:17:31 PM EDT
[#20]
They're targeting Las Vegas. Just my guess.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:17:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Will they take suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lighten up Francis....

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:18:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, they have access to scads of chemical weapons. While I doubt they can "destroy" an American city, they can certainly kill a bunch of folks.

There will be no consensus on what needs to be done with them until they attack American soil.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:18:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:18:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If ISIS or anyone ever does something like that the retaliation would be monumental.
Only way is a nuke and I wouldn't want to be the rougue regime (Norks or Pakis)  that sold it to them.

View Quote

nukes should have been launched 13 years ago...
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:19:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You don't find it at all troubling that the day after the Secretary of a Defense says that ISIS is beyond anything we've ever seen before, a US Senator goes on TV and states that they're rapidly developing the means to destroy an American city?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WOW!

WOW!

WOW!!

Boy, it's almost like the government was about to sell us something.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Wonder if it has anything to do with what Dempsey said?

End of days

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WOW!

WOW!

WOW!!

in fairness we have heard this song and dance before...
I dont doubt ISIS intent on doing us harm but i just dont see them pulling off destroying an entire city. If they arent doing that over there it will be that much harder to do here. AK's at a shopping mall, suicide bombings? Sure i could see that.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:19:21 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote

...this is what will happen.

ISIS is the government's wet dream. A true never ending crisis.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:20:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is a "crisis", this is the "something" that our government will do about it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Yep.  People will make light of it till it happens.  Then get outraged at how this could have happened.  Then we get another Patriot Act shoved down our throats.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Sounds like scare tactics to try to suck away more of our civil liberties.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:21:02 PM EDT
[#33]
So, what if they do actually manage to do damage to a major population center?

It's not like this government is gonna do anything but shrug and apologize, then go into a long hide-and-seek with the press until the bread-and-circus addicts forget about it.

Just watch.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:21:05 PM EDT
[#34]
ISIS wants to cripple then destroy the US, they want to make 9/11/01 look like child's play.  We are placing the future of our children and the safety of our nation in the hands of absolute idiots and first class morons!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm predicting the next target is Wall Street.
View Quote

Oh wow. I might have to change my vote from Vegas to this.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:21:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Obama says we have nothing to fear from them, so I'm good.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:21:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Relax everyone, obungler is developing a plan to save us all from ISIL. Everyone thinks he is just playing golf, but that is where/when he has his best America saving ideas, while hitting out of all the sand traps and pucker brush, which he is often in.

So, calm down and let the ears 'n chief get on with saving the country.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:21:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Now is a good time to mention that I'll be on a United Airlines flight on 9/11.  Flying into D.C..  Yay.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:22:40 PM EDT
[#39]
They're more likely to accidentally blow themselves up.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#40]
I think we have a plan too.  Probably a lot of plans.  And the means.  

You can't keep the goblins out of the quickie mart forever.

ETA did you see who ISIS wanted to trade for the reporter?   A Pakistani women who graduated from MIT and is related by marriage to the fat Sheik from 9-11.  She may have some tech know how.   Thanks MIT....   Another interesting part of her story is how she got caught....   Some other Paki saw her "reading" stuff and got susupicious as women aren't normally educated....these guys know what they're doing....
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:22:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Leveling a city would be impressive - but they could get a lot of press just screwing up a downtown.  If a nut job could take down the federal building in Oklahoma with some diesel and fertilizer - I assume a terrorist group could do some damage simultaneously (or probably better yet, sequentially) detonating a handful of air fuel explosives.

Quoted:

ISIS wants to cripple then destroy the US, they want to make 9/11/01
look like child's play.  We are placing the future of our children and
the safety of our nation in the hands of absolute idiots and first class
morons!!

View Quote
I assume you mean the current administration

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:23:00 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote

They're raking in about $2 million/day through major black market and underworld connections and they are fighting a war in two countries that are believed to have been developing WMD programs.

Who said a state gave them anything? Maybe they are slapping something together from components that they captured and bought. Who says they couldn't have Pak or Syrian scientists working in building a bomb using material that they bought from the Russian mob, captured in Syria and smuggled out of Pakistan (for example)?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:23:44 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

It's not like this government is gonna do anything but shrug and apologize, then go into a long hide-and-seek with the press until the bread-and-circus addicts forget about it.

Just watch.
View Quote

That was my first thought as well
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:23:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WOW!

WOW!

WOW!!

Are they developing technology to make beer go flat and increase the likelihood of paper cuts too

...because that would suck
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#45]
I'll catch a CoC, and a bunch of ***Clicks*** if I really spoke my mind, and true thoughts about this...

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
There is a "crisis", this is the "something" that our government will do about it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And the fucking sheep, just look at this thread, lap it up like a fine wine.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:24:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Chiraq wouldn't bother me as long as my parents were far enough away from the epicenter so as to not be harmed.
View Quote

What about other peoples parents?
Some of you guys fucking  amaze me with your attitudes of not caring about the possible deaths of American citizens.
I guess 9-11 didn't bother you either did it since your parents weren't there?
Think about what that really means when you say it.
You might as well be helping hoist that black flag yourself.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:24:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Maybe that 777 they hijacked from Malaysia is nearly ready.

I wonder if they are going to use the same pilot ?

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Obama wouldn't launch. Seriously.

Bush might have.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:25:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Just watch.
View Quote

Well, they'll probably try to pass some "gun control" laws, so there's that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top